How much would it cost to feed the homeless?

How much would it cost to feed the homeless?

Initially I figured about 30 cents for a pound of rice, 80 cents for a pound of beans.

20 cents per pill for a decent vitamin supplement.

But the more I think about it, I'd have to outlay costs to prevent fraud, and personal safety.

Is this why nobody has done it yet?

The main issue isn't the cost of food but the cost of people to run the place. Paying people for managing it, for cooking the food, for cleaning up, etc. Also no area wants soup kitchens because they don't want their streets infested with the homeless. What we need to do is make facilitated living area were homeless are taught to take care of themselves and reintegrate back into society.

why care for people that wont care for themselves?

>how much does it cost to feed the homeless?

Nothing senpai. If you give money to the homesless youre an idiot.

I began thinking of facilities such as showering and what not, but given my original estimate was based on spending 1k per day (from safe dividend investments totaling 8 million) I'd need much more capital invested in passive income settings to sustain anything more than basic nutrition.

Soup kitchens are volunteer mostly.

Food banks are a good substitute for soup kitchens. As for clean up they should do it themselves. If your weak from hunger you shouldn't have too, but surely there is enough people to clean up after themselves and others

I used to volunteer in canned food drives. Better then giving them booze money

You can't throw Money at people without self subsistance forever, user.

You can feed hungry children in Ethiopia for just 25 cents a day.

Most of the homeless are mentally ill. Homeless is less a problem with means and more a problem of being unable to treat disease of the brain

It's even cheaper if you put them on farms and make them grow crops.

Have you been out in the real world? Yes mental illness is large problem, but take a drive near the weekly rentals it's all alcoholics and drug addicts. Excuses will only get you so far. The only ones I truely feel bad for are the vets

it would be cheaper if you let all the homeless starve to death and there would not be any homeless left

Tough luck? you are a problem ? you should not leave sick offspring?

Give a man a fish, teach him to fish etc

Addiction is a mental illness, bro.

All funds must go into transcending the human form. Problems are solved structurally.

The sooner we do it the more suffering is prevented.

On the contrary, it's a moral failing.

No, it's a by-product of child abuse and low emotional intelligence

This

If we really wanted to help the homeless, we wouldn't feed them or house them out of charity. We'd pick them the fuck up. I always thought if I ever made it big, like really fucking big, I'd try to create a labor camp of sorts. Nothing like Auschwitz, and nothing luxurious either. But a place they can live comfortably while working low skill jobs in my subsidiary companies (factories/ contstruction/ etc.). Of course they'd be paid, maybe even have an educational program. Something to give those who really want a second chance an option. No idea how it would work for the crazies though. And I'm well aware it would most definitely be a drain on resources, but it's a nice thought.

between the accelerating disparity in wealth and political power of the tiny handful of rich fucks who rule this planet and the teeming billions that constitute everyone else, transhumanism will finally allow the wealthy elite to actually become that which they delude themselves into thinking they already are: physically and intellectually superior to the poors

and after the wealthy make a favela of planet earth, as generation after generation of malnutrition and undereducation and utter lack of vocational and educational opportunities take their toll upon those the wealthy elite have ghettoized, the poor will become ever more debased and bestial. whereupon the transhuman elite will take it upon themselves to put the poors out of their misery and congratulate themselves on their altruism

AI takeover is more likely.

sounds all good in theory but the $$ never adds up, even if you are a wealthy elite.

that is the problem with anything when it comes to helping homeless people, everything costs money and if they aren't making you any money, how are you going to pay for anything?

Unless you just want to burn 600 grand creating a homeless paradise work villa? That is probably the last thing a real wealthy elite person would do.

Homeless people need to help themselves, and those that can't have to deal with their life choices until they figure out how to pick themselves up.

Addicts, homeless people, virgin weeb losers in their 20's, they are all the same. You can help these people, but to a point. In the end they must figure it out themselves.

Personal responsibility used to be a thing

you've just identified the cause of 90% of all mental health problems

If it's so cheap then why dont they just fu king buy it themselves Jesus Christ, liberal logic everyone, guess what , if the government owned the means of production it would be way more expensive

Nothing , if you kill them.