Let the cuts begin

It has been revealed that PBS and NPR are going to be sold off while the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities are going to be eliminated completely.

thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts

I can already taste the salty liberal tears.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts
youtube.com/watch?v=kDUdniEig38
youtube.com/watch?v=9eXlNn-C8BY
youtube.com/watch?v=z741Joq3Xq4
youtube.com/watch?v=fKy7ljRr0AA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This would be wonderful, but I'm not fucking holding my breath.

Why is this good? I agree that liberal BS sand pomo art should be crushed but the state should fund and promote good wholesome art, as well as the performance of our classics

PBS isn't so bad, it's just obsolete. NPR though is pretty much a left wing propaganda machine. The few good properties such as Car Talk will have no problem finding a new home.

Good, I watched some documentary the other day about a black brigade in the civil war, for curiosity on how accurate it was. I shit a brick on so much nonsense shoe horned in as propaganda.

>Good wholesome art
>Implying all "art" isn't subversive communist garbage

Found the CTR shill get em boys!

>Car Talk
rip tom

yes pleaes take npr away from the government

>thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts
there is no fucking wholesome art that they push. it all needs to be ended. i want zero dollars funding any of this

Fuck off ignoramus.

This government funded art is called 'Piss Christ'. It's a photo of a crucifix in a jar of urine. Your tax dollars at work.

PBS hasn't had any decent programming for over a decade, NPR is pure shit as well

People are going to freak out about Sesame Street. Each time there is talk of removing subsidies for PBS, they hide behind Big Bird while even conservatives with nostalgia for their childhood cave in.

Binders full of birds.

Hey! I like PBS and NPR
They are some of the best media to watch and listen to
Do you prefer shit like MTV and HBO?

Isn't Sesame Street on HBO now?

Sesame Street prints money with all the DVD and merchandise sales it gets. It doesn't need government subsidies.

Youtube and Netflix are my TV.

I don't get how this didn't happen during Bush the 1st's reign.

You like them? Pay for a subscription like people do for the non government channels.

If it can't fund itself through consumer demand it doesn't need need to have air time

Every Republican president has talked about doing it but libs trot out Sesame Street, the public freaks and the matter is dropped. I'll be impressed if Trump actually makes it happen.

>Sesame Street
is owned by HBO now

Yes if you like it you should pay $180 to see it. Why should other taxpayers who don't watch PBS pay for it?

Doesn't matter. They'll recycle the old emails and facebook posts.

Just checked plebbit and they have several posts over there about this. Their collective meltdown is like watching ice cream get hit by a hairdryer. It's magical.

>paying for netflix
kiss

Good. It's just Cultural Marxist Jewish News anyway.

Fucking thank god. The NEA has been scandalous for years. Who here remembers the shit they did with our money when Obama was running? Burn then at the stake.

>Cultural Marxist Jewish
Conspiracy theory much?

>1
>2
>3
>4
>5
>6
>7
>8
>eight years! Ah, ah, ahhhh...

>Why should taxpayers who don't want war pay for foreign invasions and occupations that end up fomenting global terrorism?

Good fucking riddance. PBS is nothing but BBC reruns anyway.

Who gives a fug?

with the ever decreasing numbers of cable/antenna TV's in the average american home, I'm not surprised they'd consider cutting it.

The solution to doing something stupid is to do more stupid things?

>National Endowment for the Arts

I hope not, I listen to a classical music radio station every day that gets their funding from them.

PBS and NPR are already almost wholly privatized, since they've been slowly losing funding for years. That's why the have fund drives every three weeks. Getting rid of the NEA will affect people in Middle America, so no one will really care since they barely even know how to read, and the arts in coastal cities get millions of dollars every years in private donations.

Liberal shit:

youtube.com/watch?v=kDUdniEig38

youtube.com/watch?v=9eXlNn-C8BY

youtube.com/watch?v=z741Joq3Xq4

>Every street should be a toll road you have to pay to drive on, and if it can't fund itself through consumer demand, you shouldn't be able to drive on it when you need to.

These places have become political and need cuts. lmao see ya :P

I get what you're saying and don't disagree, but the problem is that the PBS you're envisioning hasn't existed for nearly 20 years. You could probably make the argument to extend that even further, back into the 80s. Unless you've got ideas for a massive top-to-bottom staff purge or want to run only reruns from before 1995 or so, it's really not worth funding anymore.

I think we can do without using taxpayer money to pay a living wage to someone to hang a blank canvas in an empty room or piss in a jar.

The only reason people can't find the snuffleupagus these days is because the motherfucker is buried under a mountain of merchandising cash. It's not going anywhere.

why should I have to pay for soldiers protecting non-pennsylvanians?

No more Sesame Street means no more fantastic racist memes

Every time I turn on NPR they are trashing Donald Trump. I mean every single time.

Fuck you, fag. America's test kitchen is the shit.

Fucking this.

They've already started with >LOWEST APPROVAL POLLS IN HISTORY BS

About time for those communist deplorables to be sent to oblivion!!

if you want to turn a already highly respected media outlet even more to the left, by all means cut it's funding. Having volunteered at a public radio station I can tell you that the people work there work much harder at remaining neutral than any commercial station.
They also mainly focus on classical music which if only the sake of cultural heritage alone should be available to everyone.

fuck off commy
PBS is cancer !!
Earn your money fairly it will be good for you!!
you lazy bum!

Lets be real here guys pbs and npr is a sjw circle jerk these faggots need to be fired.

Kys normie

Goodbye faggots.

good riddance

an end to taxpayer funded leftist broadcasts and culturally subversive "art"

I work at a catholic bookstore, faggot. I volunteer at a local station, there are less than 5 fulltime workers. I do the editing for a lot of the pre-recorded shows.
It's nice to have something to believe in and contribute user.
Im helping bring classical music to my community user, what do you do?

IS EVERYONE HERE RETARDED? NPR AND PBS ARE NOT GOVERNMENT RUN.
Every season they ask for money from the public. You choose to either donate or you don't. They run off of donations.

ARE ALL OF YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

actually in my case its taxpayer funded classical music. Remind me again whats culturally subversive about Bach?

I guess I am but my opinion does not matter to you. those shitty leftist liberals who run that shit need a wake up.Hello fuck off and go away is knocking at the door.

If we have to have both or none, I choose none.

Gotta love the people complaining about NPR bias. Please come into your local NPR station and ask for the FCC report. In it you will find all of the news stories spread by said station, It's really humorous how fucking neutral it is. Believe me I'd know, Iv compiled the reports

>over 23,000 comments
holy fuck

Finally if fuck tired of my taxes going to NPR so they can talk about the poor oppressed transgender illegal immigrant nigger community and how evil whitey is.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It probably goes without saying, but "liberal bias" is a politically correct way of saying "an opinion that's different from mine".

thats a shame, user. Im really glad that this story is probably fake. I really enjoy NPR and am looking forward to supporting and listening for a long time to come

I watched PBS for 20 years. It is the definition of POZ.

And now let's have one more story about an unsourced and evidence-free accusation about Donald Trump and his supporters.
And now let's talk just a little bit more about the suffering refugees and how after all they are refugees. Refugees!
Nobody ever said they were refugees. Racists and the ignorant are misusing this term refugee in order to attack its inappropriateness later. These are migrants, not refugees.
Now let's talk about how migrants are the same thing as refugees.

Mr. Rogers would be sad for you all, but he'd understand.

Because you're okay just the way you are.

They are neutral as shit, if you actually listen. They have both sides of the parties on every issue and they always let the people they're interviewing have the last word. You listen to talk radio and you'll have the host cut everyone off and get the last comment. In addition NPR do not have "commercials" in a sense and so they are not as bias as anything that have commercial interruptions.

He most certainly would not understand
youtube.com/watch?v=fKy7ljRr0AA

That's awesome. PBS and NPR are liberal shithives, putting out sponsored propaganda.

About time. They did it to themselves.

I do actually listen to these stations mostly on the weekends.You are delusional this is Marxist propaganda every bit of it. NPR is leftist and it is political it has an agenda and its not for the people. Wake the fuck up you generation Z faggot lol

Never heard anything accusing Donald Trump and his supporters from a NPR representative of anything. The people they bring on the show is a different story, but thats par for the course. Remind me of the last time NPR got slapped with a libel charge? Remind me of the last time that happened on any privatly owned news organization? hmmmmm. Like it or not user, its programming really is as neutral as its gonna get. Just yesterday I was in my Boss's office and they recorded a interview with a agricultural representative who expressed hope but skepecism about trumps presidency and she dressed up the interview with ambient music, but then removed it because she felt it could be construed as manipulative. They put a serious emphasis on neutrality and providing high quality programming.
Im sorry that it isnt the Blaze or Alex Jones

thank god Bob Ross isn't around to deal with this

That is fine. If enough people feel the same as you, it can continue to spew it's "progressive" agenda and culturally corrosive "art" without taxpayer funding.

I agree, however, that just about the only thing that public broadcasting did right was Classical music, opera, and ballet. It is too bad that they felt obligated to shove their "progressive" agenda down our throats instead of just broadcasting the performing arts.

I'm sorry, this is just lying. This is lying on the level of claiming that the Nazis were Bushmen. I am forced to listen to NPR every day in a carpool to work and I recognize nothing of what you describe. By both sides being represented, do you mean like EJ Dionne and David Brooks seeing who can claim a higher degree of imaginary superiority over Trump and Trump supporters?

>The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is an American non-profit corporation created by an act of the United States Congress and funded by the United States federal government to promote and help support public broadcasting.

They're both owned by CPB which in turn is funded by the US government.

>The CPB is governed by a board of directors consisting of nine members. They are selected by the President of the United States, confirmed by the Senate, and serve six-year terms. As of May 2015, the board was composed of four Republicans and four Democrats.

>The CPB's annual budget is composed almost entirely of an annual appropriation from Congress plus interest on those funds. Ninety-five percent (95%) of CPB's appropriation goes directly to content development, community services, and other local station and system needs.

I'm sorry...

Tavis Smiley and Charlie Rose are just so neutral, amirite?

You do realize that Car Talk is all reruns, right?

You never heard any accusations? Are you high? You never heard any accusations of racism, sexual assault, groping, sexism, being a Russian spy, being a Russian blackmail slave, being a Russian dupe, being stupid, being unscrupulous? You never heard anything like that every hour for the past half year?

I too am breathing normally, thanks fo rletting us all know

>Implying NPR isn't good programming

I guess if you're a pleb and too stupid to understand what's going on it would make you feel very inadequate, but that isn't a good enough reason to get rid of it.

Which can be sold to whoever wants to buy them.

You forgot Wait, Wait, Dont Tell Me. But yeah their fake news has become insufferable

>107939652
>Because I disagree with something it needs to go.
nah, thats okay user, we can all pay for it together!

I hope you realize that compared to other basic channels, and even the garbage on cable etc, that pbs is the only thing of actual substance on tv.

Smiley is actually pretty good in that he is so far out he is accidentally objective on some points.

You misspelled C-Span.

For fiscal year 2014, its appropriation was US$445.5 million, including $.5M in interest earned. The distribution of these funds was as follows:[6]
$222.78M for direct grants to local public television stations;
$74.63M for television programming grants;
$69.31M for direct grants to local public radio stations;
$26.67M for PBS support;
$22.84M for grants for radio programming and national program production and acquisition;
$22.25M for CPB administrative costs;
$7.00M for the Radio Program Fund.

No fool. They are independent but get grants by the CBP. NPR and the CBP are not the same thing. That's like saying Mon Santos is a government owned because it gets grants from the government.

>I'll more or less agree with this.

BOB ROSS/MR ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD STREAM FUCKING WHERE

being skeptical about russian involvement in the US elections is not the same as saying that the Russians are responsible, and I have not heard that at all. In any case it certainly doesnt constitute libel.

I love how your only argument is a completely groundless arrogance. Last time I checked, John Derbyshire was both smart and conventionally so, Dennis Prager isn't working class, and Roger Scruton was not what you would call a proletarian.

See Also why are you pissing your pants so hard? If they're not sucking on the government teat and are so wonderful, they'll have no problem operating independently.

I get like 5 channels and cspan isn't one of them.

And even if you disagree with the stuff on pbs, at least it will "make you think". Daytime TV (awful sitcoms, trash-tv like maury or whatever) will do nothing for you. And there are barely any commercials.