What is behind HD media mania?

We don't need to see EVERY detail. And don't tell me it's the Jews.

Other urls found in this thread:

lg.com/us/monitors/lg-31MU97-B-4k-ips-led-monitor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this really the best you can do?

Says the country who elected a TV star- for California and the Presidency.

>Believing in the resolution Jew

Why would you non sage reply to this?

We elected a movie star for both the position of Governor and President like 30 years ago, bro. Keep up.

It's just a market force.

Telivisions with better pictures sell better than televisions with worse pictures. Assuming the price is equal.

It's literally marketing 101.

>easier to improve existing tech than develop new
>easily quantified so normies go "BIGGER NUMBER"
>creates different market segments

This is a serious thread. I think that hd-mania is degenerate.

Romans had too much sex (with little purpose), Americans are having too much HD (without purpose).

Doesn't it seem slighly degenerate...if you were in America, people almost salivate when about to watch HD...even though they probably can't even tell it's HD.

I game at 4k because last decade's tech belongs in semi disposable children's toys

Funny thing is that I see citycucks that have full HD/4K in their little rooms. I bet they can really see the difference. kek

It actually is the Jews.

Their goal is to make movies and TV shows as hyper realistic as possible. In order to further destroy the line between reality and fantasy. People who binge watch shows in flawless HD even now are consumed with them as if the characters are their friends. It will only get worse as it gets even more realistic looking.

Your like 8 years too late.

True. And who enjoys watching something just because they can see more pixels. As long as you can know what is happening, then who cares.

Most American actresses are landwhales anyways.

Because it's better to have more pixels. I like my shit looking crisp as fuck

Fucking degenerate. It's no wonder Duterte had to bring the hammer down.

I agree user. My tv is 720p. I've had it for 7 years. Do I care? No. no I do not. Does the picture quality magically make the show better? No. guess what I do have though? A kick ass sound system. If you think picture quality is better than CRISP sound, then you are a fucking cock loving nigger

Could not have said it better.

There is a reason that niggers always rush the TV section on Black Friday, while Whites are the ones buying tickets to the symphonies.

Because there are many non-Hollywood films worth watching and 4K allows to experience them as close as possible to their intended form while being cozy at your own home. A properly done 4K transfer retains the film grain and is very close to the practical resolution of 35mm film frame.

It's still the same film if you watch it from shit tier DVD, but why settle with inferior reproduction when you can have a near original visual experience of this visual medium?

And from someone who upgraded from 1080p to 4K a few months ago, it does make a vast difference if you're not blind.

Where I work there is a demo 4k TV that shows a guy busting a sick turn on a mountain bike. I see the detail in the shoes off the rider and all those flakes of dirt, and it looks incredible but does it even matter I can see the pattern on the sole of his shoe so well? Not really.

Are you fucking retarded? 1080p clearly looks better than 720 and 480. Not saying the same for 4K though

wasted trips, yes it matters, pondering whether or not things are degenerate is degenerate, etc

The only reason you're not "sure" about 4k being a difference is lack of content, there surely is a difference.

I notice the difference between 1080 and 4k more than I notice the difference between 720 and 1080

Exactly- what kind of retard goes around town, remarking how he can see all the details of everyone's shoes.

CRT's would be bought once, could be relatively easily repaired, and would last forever using simple signals to get broadcasts.

>it looks like your TV is no longer compliant with standards
>time to buy another one!

Meanwhile a CRT bought in the 60s would still be usable up until digital came about.

You are falling for the Jew trickery- why does it matter if you can see dirt.

Because it has what plants crave.

Can we just ban Australians and leafs already? Holy fuck these retards don't contribute anything but trash. Bunch of low IQ idiots mostly as well.

Agreed 100%. Then again, some of the greatest musicians have been black, niggers just have a shitty culture that suppresses intelligence.

Australians can stay for the shitposts but leafs are truly subhuman.

In a theater, IMAX, a large TV, or a monitor that you are close to, yes it is noticeable. But not in 90% of home comsumers TV setups

> thanks to ultra HD people on tv can't hide their deformity under makeup

I'm ok with ultra HD

Fuck off fatty.

My post is significant, and you being unable to see it is a sign of your degeneracy.

You think the Romans knew that they were degenerate?...they did not. They acted hedonistically until they were history.

The Romans weren't degenerate you cuck

My god, please don't put BREAKING bad in 4k ultra hd Blu-ray.

Can you imagine Skyler in that many k's?

This is true.

Last year, when I bought my new place I bought a 55" 4K Sony Bravia TV. I was little over 1000 euros on discount.

So I felt that I got a great deal.

And it's great for what I use it for(Netflix, sports, and the PS4 mainly)

But, a newer model just got out like a month ago.

And all the YT tech reviewer kike shills just want to plant the idea of buying a new model in your head.

But it probably is the Jews. It's always the Jews. Even when it's not the Jews, it's the Jews

Honestly I don't even see the point in getting a TV at this point, the marginal gains you get from using it to watch visual media as opposed to a laptop or desktop with a good enough screen and media system don't at all seem to justify the huge cost you're going to be paying for it. I mean I can watch movies and anything, it isn't the absolute highest quality of all time but it isn't the end of the world, as long as I can follow what's going on in a plot or tell what's going on in some movie and get the essential information I'm good.

They were when they failed. And they failed when they pursued pleasure too much.

Canadian filth, probably an Easterner. Literally a douche- how long until eating a girls douche is mandatory over there?

The only people buying TVs are girls, and that is mostly so that they can 'bond.'

Any man who buys a TV is untrustworthy and a cuck.

Its the jews

Brought to you by Carl's jr

It LITERALLY is the Jews behind this though, it's the film industry behind it.

Seriously. Before 4k hit the consumer market, DCI 4k which is wider than regular 4k already existed for cinemas giving picture quality comparable to the best film Cameras. Who owns DCI? The big studios? Who owns the big studios? Jews.

They're already filming in 8k now. Ultra high resolutions also make more sense if you think of things from a cinemas perspective.

The Aussies are just as bad. Their shitposting is like a terribly forced meme.

You're saying that the Jews are selling their cinema tech to people, and making new tech for their cinemas?

Stop being jelly of our free healthcare.

Why is called 4K instead 2160p?

Exactly. 2k is 2048x1080 and over the size of a cinema screen it doesn't look as great as film does. 4k is better for cinema screens, and then they went GOOD GOY WE CAN SELL THIS TECH INSTEAD OF THOSE FAILING 3D TVs and history was made. All the films being shot in 4k generates content for 4k tvs.

Fuckhead marketers. The original 4k resolution DCI 4k was 4096x2160, now it's 3840x2160 but is still called 4k despite not having 4k horizontal pixels anymore.

>Assuming the price is equal.
...a false assumption, bcoz price is not equal
Lrn2search-price fgt pls

>And don't tell me it's the Jews.

Bad news, syrup chugger....

Who the fuck wants to watch a 3d TV when you need to wear fucking glasses. Retarded.

its the jews

>pinched mi pesos
>bought a 4k screen
>now can shitpost 4x as much in one screen
Feels good, familia

(((Nvidia)))

2K is optimal at the moment as far as gaming is concerned

>The original 4k resolution DCI 4k was 4096x2160
True 4k when?

I'm not saying it's the jews but it's the jews

DCI 4K monitors exist, just gotta empty your wallet to buy one, mostly professionals buy them.

Here's one

lg.com/us/monitors/lg-31MU97-B-4k-ips-led-monitor

I am the "#1 uploader of 4K Gaming Content."

Unless you're shitpostin' on a laptop in 1366x768 get the fuck off my board

The jump to 4K is not the same gradualism as was 720 to 1080. It takes more processing power for clean video to come through. Too bad news organizations won't go 4K for a few more years.

It wasn't having sex with everyone that ended the Romans.

Distance counts.

Schlomo's gotta start somewheyh.

The same retardation as "4k = 4k". There are at least four different resolutions for the term.