REMINDER: that psychologists and ((therapists)) are a complete fucking joke

REMINDER: that psychologists and ((therapists)) are a complete fucking joke

- we used to hunt bears, tigers, and mammoths twice a day in the dangerous jungles and freezing tundras with spears in packs with constant stimulation of adrenaline just thousands of years ago

> give a child ((Ritalin)) because he cant sit still for 8 hours a day in a sterile, boring and sometimes useless school classroom

> give an adult with a miserable job, poor living standards, and constant stress ((Celexa)) because its completely not normal to feel depressed in today's world

> label and classify everything a mental illness except a man thinking hes a woman...thats totally normal

>implying I would listen to american opinions on pharmacology and mental health

Take your meds, made in Israel stupid goyim. We ruin your life and sell you thr "cure"

What do u care? The only thing you have to worry about are giant spiders

i'd sooner trust a spider's opinion on mental health than an american

I don't want to come across as a hippy, but I am starting to think that there's something in modernity that is simply not good for us on a spiritual level.

I think you're confusing psychiatrists and therapists. It really sounds like you're going more off assumptions than experience of actual mental issues.

For what it's worth, the better therapists I've met would agree with you about hunting on the tundra etc.

I have two senpai members that are licensed psychologists. The shit they say is pseudo intellectual garbage. Its beyond retarded and they just repeat what they were taught

The more I look at the world the more homesteading in Canada or northern parts of america seems to make sense.

I'm glad at least one other person on the planet shares this opinion.
It's not good for us on a mental, physical or spiritual level. I feel as though self-consciousness has led us down an incorrect evolutionary path. We are an supremely underdeveloped organism. We are almost incapable of survival outside of our manufactured environments. Of course we are going to suffer mentally when we inhibit our genetic physical potential.

A fucking ant is a superior organism for comparisons sake.

Hippies were wrong about most things, but they are right about the effect of modernity on a spiritual level.

I'm training to be a counsellor, though that is different to a psychologist of course. I want to be more like a priest, but without being a priest if you get what I mean.

Well, in their defense, prescribing people things makes them feel important like they're making a difference. Remember these people got the BS degree in school, not considered a STEM field, but art instead.
This means their jobs are always at risk so they must prescribe things to feel like they're doing something

He doesnt speak for all of us. Dont worry, hes probs from melbourne.

Helping out depressed abused teenager is fine, they are pumped with hormones and have no idea what to do, same for people with PTSD and stuff.The real cancer is:
1.Pharma culture created by jews to make people addicted vegetables
2.Mental illness special snowflake culture created by jews in their cancerous pursue of individualism for the sake of individualism as this is both their primal nature to subvert and destroy and they actually planned it since Vaterloo
3.Jewish influence on therapy and psychiatrists actually helped move it forward at huge degree, but they have Midas hand that turns everything they touch to shit, so now all methodologies are degenerate, subversive and corrupt.
We need to purge jewish influence in therapy and use actual scientific approach to this, not deny this whole subject cus ''its jewish m8''.Therapy can be a good thing.

I cannot bear with living in a city, especially in an apartment.
Faceless buildings and concrete surroundings are so unnatural they make me feel trapped and hyper-aggressive.
Thankfully I live in a small village surrounded by fields and forests, and I've already found even more remote property I intend to buy in the future.
>tfw you survived the urbanisation meme
[spoiler]I can't stand other people.[/spoiler]

he sort of has a point

> label and classify everything a mental illness except a man thinking hes a woman...thats totally normal

This is perfect

>helpful drugs appear
>bigpharma pushes it to people who don't need them and could be harmed by them
>idiots think SSRIs/psychiatry have no use and are the problem

why does it always work like that in Sup Forums.

Research has shown that many mental health conditions will give off distinct MRI patterns.
Yet these people don't use modern equipment to make an accurate diagnoses.

They just want to sell pills.

Are they pretty young though? I find recent graduates tend to do that because they dont have much real experience to go off yet. I also get the feeling it's a worse problem in America where you seem to have commercials along the lines of "have you ever had a headache? You need Xanax!"

The modern world is fucked, but I think some of us react to that so badly that a period of therapy is actually helpful to getting into a position where we can ride the tiger.

Fuck giving little kids Ritalin though. Maybe just stop giving them sugar and iphones.

IDK, My therapist is pretty good. It just seems like the female ones suck. We just talk about my problems and try to figure something out in an anonymous setting.

You have to be a doctore to give out medications. Therapists and psychologists cannot give medication.

Jesus christ you guys are retarded, feel free to "Into the Wild" yourselves at any time. I dare you all to stop using modern medicine.

>mfw people take anti-depressants so they can feel better about their shitty lives, instead of working to make their lives less shitty
>mfw nearly every parent I know is on anti-anxiety meds and wants to medicate their children

A good therapist is absolutely invaluable, but you have to go shopping to find one.

And fuck hastily prescribed pills. Especially to children who have no choice but to take them or be "disobedient".

>make their lives less shitty

I question how much that can be done as most of the things people find issues with are totally out of their control to change.

>we used to hunt bears, tigers, and mammoths twice a day in the dangerous jungles and freezing tundras with spears in packs with constant stimulation of adrenaline just thousands of years ago
since we dont have old wise Xamã on our tribes anymore, we seek therapists to give advice
although i think it's unnecessary nowadays

Here's a couple situations that I know personally, from friends:
>bawwwww I'm so lonely, it can't possibly be because I have zero social experience and I'm not even trying to leave my room (pops pill)
>I keep dating single mothers and getting stressed the fuck out from having to deal with an insane woman and her psychotic bastard offspring (pops pill)
>I have to spend hours commuting to my stressful inner city job instead of trying to live and work somewhere else in the world's 3rd largest country (pops pill)
Like goddamn there are options out there [spoiler]until you marry the bitch[/spoiler]

Psychology is a pseudoscience.
Proof:
1. The objects of scientific study are physical objects.
2. The object of study in psychology is the human psyche.
3. The human psyche refers to the subjective experience of self- it is a modern word for the "soul"or "ego" or "mind."
4. Hence, the psyche is non-physical. ( from 3)
5. Therefore, psychology is not science. (from 4, because it studies a non-physical object).

I think they just say that. When people hate their lives they often think it's something external they have a problem with - like politics. That's why both left and right wing activists are mostly failures in real life.

Or stop chaining them to a fucking desk 5 days a week, 8 hours a day like gook mandarins.

this..

>psychology department at the university in Zagreb is where it belongs, faculty of humanities and social sciences
>somehow they get the idea that they should be considered a scientific discipline
>start the petition for the department to be relocated to physics and mathematics faculty
>start wearing white robes
>become the laughing stock
The best thing? I'm not making this up.

That has nothing to do with psychiatry and everything to do with medicine in general. Pharmaceutical companies spend millions every year literally bribing doctors who prescribe their shit. Thats considered a normal practice.
Also gender dysphoria is classified as a mental illness.

This is why I hate women. They never try to solve their own problems. Just let the doctor do it. Mother did the same shit to me.

Some forms of therapy are good. Learning your cycles and goal driven therapy are very nice and can help you see your habitual (destructive) actions.

psychologists and therapists are not the problem, though; they just popped up as a consequence of the real issues that you touched on.

You shouldn't scapegoat individuals for a deeply-rooted problem in society. I know there's a temptation to point fingers, but frankly life isn't so convenient. To make these mental health professionals obsolete would necessitate a complete upheaval of our civilization and how we think and what we believe.
That won't happen overnight.

As someone with mental illnesses, I kind of have to agree. Not with the hippy "all pharmacology is bad" (I know I need chemical regulations because I have a non-fata; adrenal-throwing tumor in my head fucking up most of my shit.

The probelm is I guess, what's the greater scop solution for dealing with mental illnesses? I know society in general wants to just ignore us in this kind of "can you go away, we don't want to acknowledge you exist" which doesn't help much. Actual doctors and therapists never have any sort of practical answer. I mean, with our likelihoods of homelessness and suicide I guess it dwindles down to a managable number if unchecked, but is there any other solution?

Should it just be that the plan is fuck us, toss them in an asylum (which I disagree with, as it's an unnecessary taxpayer drain without a solution. The country's to lib for a full on purge, right-to-lifers want to step in the way of euthanasia effores, it seems like no one has a plan other than "there is no plan, let them just stagnate and pretend they aren't there."
-Frustrated-

Furthermore, psychology does not adhere to the scientific method; it cannot conduct controlled, reproducible experiments. Its theories are not easily falsifiable.
Psychology parades itself as science, but in reality is nothing more than dogma propped up by confirmation bias.
True science involves more than double blind observational studies which inform us of every tedious correlation.

>You will never know the thrill of fighting to the death with a beast in order to enjoy a meal
Why even live?

Kill Soros, make your life one of purpose.

>Killing an old defenseless man
>Can't even eat him
Uhhh, no.

That's why you should always live near a green space.
I was diagnosed with "depression" and "GAD" by 1 (((psychologist))) and 2 (((psychiatrists))) and put on medication.
My life improved significantly once I started going to the gym for about an hour then to a public park nearby for 30-40 minutes of stretching and light cardio nearly every day.

Once I started doing the above I slowly phased out all meds and have experienced no symptoms for over 2 years now.

>tfw
>live in 1500
>drink water
>piss out ass
>die
>eat food
>piss out ass
>die
>Sleep in bed
>get bitten
>get infection
>die
>don't pay taxes
>government comes after you
>die

Gee soo much better

seriously though, psychologist and therapist are alright

That real bane of our existence are these hr ladies who deem themselves to be like actual psychologists or therapists when talking to you or doing job interviews

>instead of working to make their lives less shitty

Working is often the cause of people's shitty lives too. A lot of people are overworked for too little pay. Coming home to a shitty kid after a 60 hour work isn't great for health either

Therapists and psychiatrists don't prescribe medication. I'm not sure they can even make a diagnosis on their own.

>>we used to hunt bears, tigers, and mammoths twice a day in the dangerous jungles and freezing tundras with spears in packs with constant stimulation of adrenaline just thousands of years ago

This is one of the reasons people have so many problems today. Our modern environment is so different from what it was even 100 years ago, people are not able to eliminate stress naturally. In your example a person in the jungle can choose to either hunt a tiger or run away, both options relieve stress. However, neither running or fighting from stressful situations (like work) is acceptable in today's world. So, stress keeps building up until it prevents you from functioning normally in society. A good psychologist can help you relieve some of the preconceptions that are making you hold onto that stress.

That said, most psychologists are shit and I would never willingly go to a lcsw.

>claims to be a sientist
>bases concept of "illness" not on a historial-phisical baseline, but on a socio-normative baseline
>only knows about medication what paid sales reps tell them, because drugs come out faster than they can be bothered reading trial notes
>overshadowed by the AMA

that's how "gender identity disorder" became a lifestyle choice