Why is Macedonia's capital filled with classical statues? Why are they a separate country...

Why is Macedonia's capital filled with classical statues? Why are they a separate country? When will the war betweent the Albos and the Slavs break out?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_San_Stefano
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_Macedonian_Revolutionary_Organization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_Federation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they are the result of a joke going too far

>memecountries talking about memecountry

I know but at least we're not putting up WE WUZ statues

>be eternally neutral
>call others memecountries

>Look it up
>It's real
WE WUZ EMPERORS N PHALEGITES N SHIEEET

hello my fellow noncontries

kek

They really are... Turkic bulgars who speak a Slavic language who thing they are descendants of Alexander the great.

Is there a more ethnically confused population on the planet?

Wasnt Alexander the great a greek though?

nope , definitely not
i don't care what historians of the time said because they were all greek or greek influenced and therefore biased
i don't care what all the archaelogical finds seem to suggest because most of them were from greece and that makes them biased
i don't care that there isn't anything even as flimsy and questionable as archaelogy and history supporting the opposite because we are all immigrants anyways

Alexander was definitely not greek because i said so and if he wasn't greek he simply had to be something else and if he could've been something else then it's what i say it is

Leave Macedonia Alone

No he was Macedonian, but Macedonia is gone now. The population that occupy it are not the same people as in Alexander's day.

you seem upset

One explanation is money laundering, another would be cultural enrichment. Another would be the PM trying to implant nationalism on a subtle level so the Muslims don't take over the country (as they are now)

The country is divided on the "descended from Alexander the Great" issue.
In 2002 there was some sort of a fucking blood test experiment where Macedonians shared similar blood characteristics as some area which had Ancient Macedonian "leftovers". Saw it ages ago, who knows if it's actually legit or not.
As with many places, on that territory there were many different tribes and civilizations over the years.
The ancient Macedonian or ancient Greek blood or whatever you want to call it is gone thanks to Slavic, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman interference.

hardly , i just speak '''''''truth'''''''' to power

I remember the spears being 15-20ft long, amirite?

Too close to McDonalds for my liking

go write your homework, kid

>gayreeks and other irrelevant """"""""countries""""""""" mad af that we are superior in every way and the only decendants of alexander the great

Lmao

more biased historical half-truths i'm afraid

ancient macedonians were white like modern ones

modern greeks are swarthy shitskins

they were E-X-A-C-T-L-Y like the modern ones , tall and blonde of pure 100% aryan stock

His father being born in Macedonia but grew up as a hostage in a Greek city state, his mother from Epirus which is Greece/Albania Alexander himself born and raised in Macedonia but tutored by Aristotle. So obviously there is a very high influence of Greece in Mecedonia.
I read one book that said the Greeks looked at Macedonians as nothing but barbarian goat fuckers but the royal line was considered Greek.

The one on the right looks like our previous prime minister.

pls stop bully macedonia

varta pls

>the Greeks looked at Macedonians as nothing but barbarian goat fuckers
Very correct.

macedonians were allowed in the olympic games though (only greeks could join).

Because the great powers repeatedly took Bulgaria down.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_San_Stefano

Because Bulgarian liberational philosophy was always "people must free themselves".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_Macedonian_Revolutionary_Organization

Because communists and their federationalism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_Federation

tl;dr Jews

you had a jew PM?

Skopje 2014
What's the matter with this? They are bringing back Classical Architecture. the statues are bs but the buildings are based

Something similar is happening in Hungary. There's a government founded reconstruction wave.

Also in Budapest

This one too

he said statues not buildings

And this too. It's fucking ridiculous. The government has to order around to the architects to do architecture right.
Well, the reconstruction of the entire Castle district will most likely cost 1 TRILLION Forints, but who cares. Worth it.

I know, but the statues are built for the same reason in Skopje; building a past that they couldn't build 100 years ago, unlike most European countries.

true based macedonian

>inb4 Greek butthurt and Macedonian butthurt fight over Albanian history

kek

>be turkish

aren't most ukrainians tartars from turkmenistan?

>When will the makedon-albanian war start
Never.Makedonians and albanians are allies

Considering the Albanian birth rate vs the Macedonian birth rate, in like 20 years time 80% of the population in Macedonia will be Albanian.

Sorry Macedoniabros, but I'm not even memeing. Albanians breed like crazy and you don't stand a chance.

they are serbs with a speech impediment
You fucking leave them alone

They are bulgarian you fucking roach.

kek

Why is everyone insisting on Macedonians not even being Macedonian? Why not just let those poor people be? Don't get it.

Macedonian in Australia AMA

What does kangaroo meat taste like? Do you take it with Ajvar? Ajvar is amazing. Do you call it ajvar?

Not allowing Macedonia to join NATO or the EU because you don't like how their name is the same as a region in your country (even though ancient Macedonia was located in both the modern Greek region of Macedonia and the modern country of Macedonia) is the height of pettiness. Macedonians are only erecting statues of Alexander the Great to piss off Greeks for being so autistic.

Macedonia is an entire nation of trolls evidently.

>Makedonians and albanians are allies

So then why do Albos in Macedonia do nothing but chimp out?

Can't you all just get along?

The Macedonians were a greek kingdom. The FYROM is in Paeionia and is slavic.

>be Turkic