Sup Forums redpill me on Obamacare!

Who were the profiteers, who were the losers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Gruber_(economist)#Controversies
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Who were the profiteers
neets from Sup Forums]
>who were the losers
none

Sweety, do you see that poor brown man over there who made wrong decisions his whole life and is now an alcoholic with cirrhosis? Well dear, now that you are a taxpayer you need to start paying for his care, honey.

> Who were the profiteers?
Insurance companies

> Who were the losers?
Hospitals, patients, middle class. I work at the hospital and no one there likes Obamacare

>middle class

This

profiteers: the insurance companies, the medical industry lobby ("muh free market" is at risk if qualitative reform occurs), and the economic status quo (in general; if something like health care became a "right," then everything else would be called into question).

losers: the masses.

But how exactly does it work?
Are you still allowed to keep your old insurance company or is it forced on you?

These

I keep hearing people got their health insurance, but no mention of at what cost.

Sometimes I regret the day I made Sup Forums aware of that bitch. On other days I love the fact that one simple post resulted in some great copy-pastas.

>not using the bait pic to spam her inbox with her lynching black people and dead syrians
>not using the bait pic to put her on the ledge as muslims throw homosexuals off roofs.
>not using her bait pic to put her in front of dead children from the terrorist truck
She wants the attention, go ahead and give her the right attention, cucks.

obamacare does not guarantee that you keep your old insurance PLAN. you could likely keep your old insurance COMPANY, but the plan would be changed to reflect the few crumbs that that law provides, and the new strategies for profit by the insurance companies. obamacare was written by the insurance lobby. it is a bill that gives the insurance companies a real monopoly.

obamacare is forced upon you with regards to tax. if your employer doesn't provide health care, or if you work for yourself, you'll get taxed if you do not acquire medical insurance.

She's not a leftist anymore.

It seems like 'forced health-care', but why is that a problem if you were going to pay for it anyway?

>But how exactly does it work?
It was designed so that it's very hard to understand how it works.

Look at what the main architect of Obamacare (and Romneycare) had to say about it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Gruber_(economist)#Controversies

>the bill's inherent "lack of transparency is a huge political advantage" in selling it

>the bill was deliberately written "in a tortured way" to disguise the fact that it creates a system by which "healthy people pay in and sick people get money"

And look at this

>the trickery of which Gruber spoke was standard procedure in passing legislation in Washington, D.C., and thus not a cause for scandal

They are literally saying that since trickery is common it's not a cause for scandal. That's DC and that's how they work. The economists profit from the American people.

Thanks my dear brothers in kek!
Shadilay!

I don't know, sweetie. Maybe you should google it, hunny?

bc people who don't really need health insurance are forced to pay 20% of their income.

Young men pay more to cover everyone else.

Assuming your taxes doesn't cover the neets, doesn't everyone need healthcare?

>profiteers,
insurance companies

>who were the losers?
US taxpayers, customers for the medical business, customers for the insurance business

but the issue is, if it's "forced" then why not go all the way into single-payer? in american health care, "choice" is a complete illusion.

my wife and i pay $500/month for our paltry insurance (we own our own small business). $500/month to the coffers of an insurance company. our "deductible" is $16,000.

i would much rather pay $500/month in taxes for a single-payer system, than $500/month for the luxury of "coverage" (a coverage that still requires even more money for "access").

Dear, i thought you fagfaces would give me some cool infographic but unfortunately honey you seem to be uncapable.

>Picrelated: her latest liberal tears.

Here you go. More subsidy for us to pay.

Ah, so it's that the forced insurance company doesn't have sufficient service, abilities or whatever it might be. You'd rather choose your own company and pay the $500, than letting the state do it for you, and still force you to pay $500. Am I close to right?

obamacare was watered down by republicans to the point were it was ineffectual and sometimes damaging just so they could hurt obama because republicans do not care about the working people of america

>obamacare does not
It should be
>obamacare DID not
cause that shits gone son.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.