Jordan B Peterson

This man made me question my political belief.

Anybody else is watching his lectures?
I find them a bit hard to follow because he's kind of dispersive with his speech, but all in all I find them really fucking interesting.

>tfw compared the 2017 lectures with the ones from past years and he seems way less jovial and prone to jokes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>tfw compared the 2017 lectures with the ones from past years and he seems way less jovial and prone to jokes
In light of recent events surrounding him, can you blame him?

yeah poor guy looks sick and tired. sjws are gonna be his death

>I find them a bit hard to follow because he's kind of dispersive with his speech
Yeah, no wonder, because the phenomena that he's trying to describe are so complex. You could expect the most intelligent humans to only be able to paint a vague picture about the things they are talking about that gets clearer the more you listen to them. He's got the redpills that can save the western civilization.

based kermit man

Nah.
He's getting support from a lot of people, his patreon reached 15k/month.
I think he's just getting a lot of pressure from his work environment considering the average political inclination in universities.

I was thinking about trying the self authoring program, it's like 25€ for the whole thing,
but I'm not sure I understand how it works.
You write a bunch of stuff about yourself, answer some question and the what?

I get that the act itself of writing and putting your history and thoughts on paper is therapeutic, but do you get some sort of input from them or advice or something like that?

You essentially write yourself out a 5 year plan and how that 5 years could go good an how they could go bad. It really helps put things in perspective of what is good and right and what you should stay away from to succeed. I'm going to buy it soon

Well... 25€ for some pointers doesn't seem to be a great value.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew

The spokesfrog is wise. You do not know the burdens he bears.

anyone saw the subliminal esoteric war with Duncan Trussell?

Duncan tried to trip him up and he fucked him up his ass so hard it was painful to hear

it was free for a long while. shoulda hopped to it, young tadpole.

also on the website now, it's $30 for two licenses of the full program (present, past, future).

>it was free for a long while
Years ago as far as I'm aware.
It's just that I'm not sure what the hell I'm buying.

imagine basing all your life around honestly discussing ideas with people with other viewpoints and suddenly this group comes in teaching that language is opression and starts teaching the kids techniques to avoid having discussions and how to play perverse games to manipulate people into thinking like you

its like they killed his wife

All things lead to anarchy. Get into it.

it's a writing guide essentially. you might say well you're not getting anything except instructions (and you're going to have to work really hard too, you're basically paying to work -what a gyp) so it's not worth it. but that's the wrong way to think about it. you would pay for violin lessons and schooling and that's pretty much the same thing. you can't buy your own expertise, but you can and do pay to facilitate it

babbys first professor

Who's babies second ?

It is, thats the sad part.

It speaks to a watered down academy

shit sucks man.

Why do you say that, Sven?

>years
actually until a month (or two?) ago

He sees the soil is ripe for despotism, dictators and genocide. Desperation makes the People more inclined to follow someone they otherwise would not have in more stable times, and to advocate for the destruction of liberties that previous generations fought and died to preserve.

He sees the path and know its destination. He burdens himself with a task even more arduous and pointless than Sisyphus; Sisyphus had to push one boulder up one hill, only to see it tumble back down and repeat the process, whereas Peterson tries to push innumerable boulders up innumerable mountains by speaking reason and logic to those who are, and always will be, illogical and unreasonable.

This is part of an endless cycle of humanity facing hard times and overcoming them, learning important lessons along the way, achieving an abundance economy, and then forgetting their lessons and paying the highest toll. "Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you."

The time for arguing and debating may be over, but it gives me hope now to see the Right beginning to take off the gloves, bare some teeth, and abandon the chivalrous rules of engagement that hindered them for long as the Left played by whatever rules they wanted at the moment for so many years.

But I still say we're headed for despotism and war.

Bump for JBP

I've been listening to his 2015 Maps of Meaning lectures as I walk to and from work each day. It's fucking awesome. I'm doing a cross country road trip in a few months and I need to convince my driving buddy to listen to his lectures in the car too or it's going to suck.

Here's a common Jordan.