What are you doing to combat fake news?

What are you doing to combat fake news?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/au
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Upvoting everything on /r/The_Donald, that's what!

test

test2

>slate not in utter trash
>New Yorker not anywhere to be found

Bump

Some of us began discussing this topic earlier in the week after Facebook unveiled its super-cool anti-Nazi fake news filter in Germany.

Archived #FightFakeNews Thread
Archived #FightFakeNews Thread
For the German market, we think that a German operation will need to be much darker than a US op to be effective. I'm planning to focus on dank memes encouraging ordinary Germans to start reporting their friends and neighbors if they think they might be spreading fake news and rumors.

>"We must report this speech in order to protect free speech."

We want to have dank memes that appear to have come from the government itself (Merkel and the CDU) that draw on the 'duty' of Germans to inform on each other and take full advantage of the new tools at their disposal, including the new Facebook "Fake News" reporting mechanism.

In the thread, identified several hashtag finalists, including:

>#FightFakeNews
>#ReportItNow
>#DefendTheFeed

How accurate is that pic?
I mainly enjoy watching Al Jazeera & BBC

Reading the valuable opinions of Sup Forums on the subject. Only reliable credible source obviously.

I don't watch any news

I just make everything up inside my head and choose what I want to believe as the truth. I consider anything that could happen based off of everything, and then choose the outcome I feel is most akin to reality.

Exactly. Do this. Then report ANYTHING that doesn't match up with your own views.

Then get your friends and family to start reporting stuff the same way.

Pretty soon, everyone is reporting each other for literally nothing. And now their fake news filter is broken.

>Everything in the middle bubble
It's shit.
Journalistic integrity is dead at everything above the local and startup levels.

Your image is very homosexual. I'm going to fix it.

>We want to have dank memes that appear to have come from the government itself (Merkel and the CDU) that draw on the 'duty' of Germans to inform on each other and take full advantage of the new tools at their disposal, including the new Facebook "Fake News" reporting mechanism.
Given that the Stasi was all for family and neighbors reporting on each other, I'm sure Merkel will be thrilled.

>npr slightly to the right
>that symmetry

You can just not read the news. There's one thing though in my country that is very annoying. If taxes or policies get changed, you get no real notification of it except through the news.

Fixed. This is not debatable.

I stopped watching CNN years ago m8

The fact that something is a conspiracy theory doesn't make it wrong.

Thats realistic compared to the garbage on OP.

I upload relevant diagrams.

By not watching the news. Days like today are exceptions though

Fake news is a nice way of saying propaganda. call it by its real name.

How do we know what's going on in the world then?

This is really good.

why this shit look like the original xbox controller?

>NPR not in hyper-partisan liberal
I do in fact have a ultra-lefty friend who literally believes that NPR is in fact non-partisan. These people are beyond delusion.

>Sony and CTR are one entity
I knew it. Sup Forums is a complete disaster

>the guardian
>complex
>not left wing utter trash

What fucking planet are you on m8

theguardian.com/au

Makes more sense than OP's trash