How did USA lose so badly?

Right just give it to me STRAIGHT this time round because I am FED UP TO HERE with the lame ass excuses from seppos

you LITERALLY have just TEN SECONDS to explain to me how the """"""strongest""""""" military in the world lost to a bunch of rice farmers with old ass soviet weapons?

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS ONE HUH?

Just WHAT is it with USA losing to FARMERS?

>defeated by moose farmers
>defeated by rice farmers
>defeated by goat farmers

>inb4 emu war
>inb4 politics
>inb4 we won da battles

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Australia_during_the_Vietnam_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

home team advantage

Too late now I guess.

yanks simply was not prepared for guerrla warfare

they didnt have the training to spot the gooks in the jungle

also the AR model they used sucked back then

Never underestimate guerrilla warfare.

>1775-1782

Asymmetric warfare is a struggle between the ability to fight of the weaker power and the will to fight of the stronger power. The North Vietnamese very wisely destroyed American will to fight with most notably Tet Offensive, among other campaigns. We won just about every battle from a purely tactical perspective, but when elevating the conflict to the higher political level, the Vietnamese were more adept and gave ammunition to opponents of the war within the American political system leading to withdrawal when our government decided too much blood had been shed.

>Australia

You were there, too, you fucking faggot

Our loss is also your loss.

Maybe you can give us some insight on how we lost since you were there.

We didn't. USA was kicking their ass. We had them on the ropes, but the politicians chickened out because biased reporting turning public opinion.

we left in '63 fuckboi go lose another war

What is it like to have an infant's grasp on history?

Australia's involvement in the Vietnam War, beginning with a small commitment of 30 military advisors in 1962, increased over the following decade to a peak of 7,672 Australian personnel following the Menzies Government's April 1965 decision to upgrade its military commitment to South Vietnam's security.[2] By the time the last Australian personnel were withdrawn in 1972, the Vietnam War had become Australia's longest war, and was only recently surpassed by Australia's long term commitment of combat forces to the War in Afghanistan.

The withdrawal of Australia's forces from South Vietnam began in November 1970 when 8 RAR completed its tour of duty and was not replaced. A phased withdrawal followed, and by 11 January 1973 Australian involvement in hostilities in Vietnam had ceased.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Australia_during_the_Vietnam_War

In for a penny in for a pound roo fucker

>left in 63

Lol nice meme.

They didn't lose you fucking bogan. If anyone got destroyed during that whole shit show it was the French. The US came and saved the day. Kicked NVA ass, then pulled out because it wasn't worth the backlash at home. Then the worthless RV couldn't hold it together and were overran by the DRV and the rest is history.

Nice bait though, cunt.

Literally took the ball and went home because you were losing.

Bit hard to save face friend. You failed in your objections whilst the enemy didnt. You lost.

>Britain

Yeah pretty much this, and the pressure from the public not supporting the war.

Seppos can't into history. Australians considered more dangerous than US troops, were more comfortable in the jungle and better at adapting to counter insurgency warfare.

Also, FAL>M16 at the time, 16 improved later obviously.

We should have nuked the gooks and turned the entire country into glass.

too much troop casualties probably if not, I have no Idea

Not knowing history. How did burger land stand against the British empire ?

Aussies sabotaged the war effort so they could make these threads in the future

>Support, money, guns, and men from USSR and China
>Die 60:1
>All cities, industry, and transportation in ruins,
>Never attack the enemy's homeland
>The USSR goes bankrupt playing global proxy war against the US and collapses.
> China becomes capitalist and number one trading partner of US
> You become a land of cheap sweatshop laborers and prostitutes for the US
VICTORY!

underrated

You realise we were there too right you underageb& retard. If the US lost to rice farmers then so did we.

Vietnam independent. US and allies retreat. Hill tribe allies resettled in USA. Hanoi renamed. Losses don't matter, control and populations do.

Democrats in charge micromanaging the war from the Whitehouse making the military wage the war with one hand tied behind their balls

They probably underestimated them.

We lost a few wars against tribesmen in Africa doing that.

home jungle advantage

FTFY

>The Department of Defense (DOD) reports that the United States spent about $168 billion (worth around $950 billion in 2011 dollars) in the entire war including $111 billion on military operations (1965 – 1972) and $28.5 billion on economic and military aid to Saigon regime (1953 – 1975).

freedom

American troops used lots of asymmetrical warfare strategies. Francis Marion (pic related) is considered to be one of the founders of guerrilla warfare. The British tactically won most battles at the start of the war, but suffered heavy casualties. Eventually the British public no longer supported the war effort. It also helped that every country in Europe either decided to fight Britain or enter into the "Armed Neutrality" against them.

The objective of the United States was to spread of communism and engage the USSR in a proxy war. That goal was accomplished to the extent that the USSR no longer exists today.

As far Vietnam goes, the country is now just like a cheap China for us. Their people like us. They make cheap goods for us.

The US obliterated their true enemies, the Soviets, slaughtered the Vietnamese, then left. The Vietnamese are now essentially our slaves.

The draft is unconstitutional and the government never gave a good justification as it why it was legally considered constitutional.

Thanks for that irrelevant quote, roach. What's your point?

Economy, Mr.McChicken

$950B over 7 years ($135B/yr) is not an overwhelming amount for the US economy. The cost in blood was far, far more expensive for politicians in terms of political capital.

What do you think, we piled up stacks of money and dropped them on the Vietnamese? No. The "cost" of the war in terms of dollars went from the government to the defense industry building helicopters, guns, bombs, and so on, and to soldiers. In fact, the "G.I. Bill" was compensation the government paid soldiers, they could use it for things like higher education.

>By 1956, roughly 2.2 million veterans had used the G.I. Bill education benefits in order to attend colleges or universities, and an additional 5.6 million used these benefits for some kind of training program

The war seems expensive, until you remember that we are buying it from ourselves. That's money that we pay ourselves. Think of it as a massive social program for the soldiers, and development in military tech for the defense industry.

we are talking about 60s I dont even count the ussr economic attacks usa is powerful but not immortal

Britain lost the Colonies but managed to build a global empire anyway. Vietnam is nothing compared to the setbacks other empires have faced, be it Russia, Spain, France, Rome, etc.

Don't forget the fucking Mongols failed to invade Indochina. That place deserves the title "graveyard of empires," not Afghanistan.

>people actually believe this meme
What really happened: US got it's ass handed to them in Vietnam and afterwards Laos + Cambodia became communist too.

Even in the 60s, 10,000 lives lost in a year was incredibly more harmful to elected officials than 30B 1965 dollars. Compare this to WW2 when 400,000 American lives were lost over 4 years or the Civil War when 600,000 were lost over the same period with a smaller federal budget. Spending of that magnitude was not on the same order of magnitude of enough to cripple us in the 60s, the blood cost was enough to cause the withdrawal. Not everyone lives on the precipice of poverty Turkey.

Cloke them in cold war rhetoric if you will, but it wasn't just communism. Big component of Vietnamese nationalism there too.

And if we are going to talk about factors which influenced the end of the USSR, Vietnam is way way way down the list- soviet invasion of Afghanistan and general economic quagmire were bigger issues.

Not to mention, the Chinese supplied far more resources than the USSR did.

SJWs of the 60s and 70s basically. Liberals grabbed defeat from jaws of victory

So you've somehow rationalized that the Vietnam War was worth it?
>billions spent
>10s of thousands Americans killed
>100s of thousands Americans wounded or crippled
>riots and social unrest at home
and the end outcome was the same as if America had never entered Vietnam - the south getting overrun and unified by North Vietnam.

Vietnam was a shitty war that wasnt worth fighting for.

But China is getting stronger by the day :^)

Are you capable of reading comprehension? Where did I ever say that the Vietnam War was "worth it"? My argument is that lives and limbs lost, rather than fiscal expenditures, were what provided the political pressure sufficient to cause us to withdraw from the conflict.

This guy defeated the US military.

CANADA. Your greatest military accomplishment is that you export comedians who become naturalized US citizens and then entertain our troops. Now go sit down and pour yourself a glass of bagmilk.

Vietnamisation. The US didn't lose shit, its not their fault the South Vietnamese couldn't win.

A similar situation would happen in Afghanistan if the US actually left.

America was in Vietnam so some rich fucks could make more money by syphoning off the government through military spending. The goal was not victory, or to stop communism (remember, these elite fucks get off on communism), the only goal was to make the war last as long as possible. We also indirectly supplied North Vietnam, selling supply to Soviet Union who transfered part of that supply to North Vietnam. Everyone got what they want... Well, everyone except the South Vietnamese, whom the US abandoned 10 years later to the north.

You all fucking laugh, go ahead start a war with the vietnamese yourselves and see what happens. Look at their air force during the war. Fucking insane. Jungle gooks are more formidable than any of your armies.

most of us were fuckin drunk or stoned. also there was no clear objective to victory. just shooting whatever armed 3rd world farmer you can find isnt a war, its target practice. checkmate, abbo retard

>two guys get into a fight
>another bigger guy walks over and starts to kick one of their asses
>people tell him to stop, so he does
>when he leaves, one of them stabs the other one and kills him
>"Lmao I totally kicked his fucking ass"

I am so sick of this obvious troll thread. We killed like 1.2 million of them and they killed like 10,000 of us.

So what you're saying is, you got your asses kicked so hard you pussied out long before America did. Typical Aussie. Talks shit but bitches out at the first punch.

>this post
>that flag
So, are aussies trying to take back the shitposting crown?

You call that a knife? This is a... oh crikey you have a glock? How do you even load that billabong? Just kidding matey I was rehearsing for my incursion deep behind occupied emu territory.
*Runs* *Trips* *Vomits on self* *Boomerang finally returns after two fortnights and lodges self down under*

but why did you still loose the war then, burger-kun?

because of faggots like you

hubris

that doesn't make any sense. I don't know what I expected from the average calorieposter though.

It's no different than the American army defeating the british. The British were only prepared for a formal war. The Americans were prepared to do whatever it took to win, and didn't fit the sort of army the British were prepared for. The American military was not equipped for the guerilla/terrorist tactics used by the Viet-cong. It's the same reason we are "losing" to the terrorists.

Listen here, straya. US had choise - they could literally kill averyone in that area or operate carefully. So they choosed something in between - the're used WMD (chemical shit) on insurgents, which was the reason USSR send pic related to Tet, which was HUGE pain in the ass to US doctrine of "air superiority".

So it forced US to fight on the ground much more, and their expirience in infantry warfare was shit at that moment. Yeah, burgers did good in tactical warfare, but in strategic meaning they was jerking on same spot in endless forests.
Therefore it caused huge loses in meningless hit-n-run fights in jungles, which caused huge anti-war movements in US itself.

So, technically speaking it was Vietnam victory, but it was phyrric victory. On the other hand they're defensive side of war, so they did well against much stronger enemy.

>Says loose the war.
>Calls out someone for not making sense.
>Top level fuckface.

>lack of will to genocide a people
>motivated defenders
>tunnels

Tunnels are still basically undetectable.

>tunnels
>rodents

literally lmfao at USA's life how do you lose to rodents? jesus

Can someone explain to me why we didn't just nuke them?

By obeying the Geneva conventions

Public Backlash, as far as I remember America was kicking their ass, got fucked over a few times by hiding farmers with old guns, retaliated, perhaps a bit too harsh and suddenly they were the bad guys so they had to leave

If you guys had pulled off another Fat Man everyone would've been mad at you

>climate
>terrain
>overreliance on tech
>no motivation
>afraid of death

>ignoring geopolitics
>fighting wars for purely ideological reasons
Wow, nothing's changed

>Vietnam was a shitty war that wasn't worth fighting for.
All thanks to you, France. You are the one drag America into this war because of you too stubborn to give the independent for your colonies.

You are a fucking coward faggot, based French men die when Napoleon die, WW1 is a fluke because of the help with both manpower and resource from your colonies, include me.

Brits are much better than you, France.

Tell me again how the second amendment isn't enough to take down the government with there "advanced weaponry."

didn't you watch apocalypse now and full metal jacket?

watch those movies. that's your answer.