Donald Trump set to ‘eliminate arts and humanities funding programs’

(((arts))) and (((humanities)))

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/donald-trump-budget-cuts-arts-humanities-nea-neh-npr-cbs-president-a7536741.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RM1oTw6fPg
youtube.com/watch?v=fKy7ljRr0AA
rense.com/general37/char.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's getting better and better

No reason why the programs themselves should be cut, but if you're going to pursue them, you should be good enough that you don't need government money.

>NPR is going to be eliminated

Finally, that piece of propagandist shit is getting axed. Thank almighty we are free at last.

The Federal government has no business funding that shit.

Why do you want your government involved in the arts?

based

thank god

youtube.com/watch?v=8RM1oTw6fPg

This.

Leftists control arts and propaganda.

Good. No need for liberal art courses when the future belongs to STEM. Most innovative countries (Germany, Kazakhstan, Japan, Israel, South Korea) don't have much of a focus on liberal arts, and government funding that would have gone to LA is now being funnelled to useful STEM courses and improving the quality of STEM.

seeing something like this makes me want to own land, marry, and have 5 kids

GOOD

fuck modern """art"""
go start a patreon if you're a good artist and let the free market decide

is this the real life

absolutely redundant from trump. arts and humanities majors already cut themselves

Not based.
They should cut funding for departments that are too politicized. There are still a few based professors who produce serious scholarship, and they should be encouraged to keep the good work.

No need to turn STEM into STEAM

who is this girl

Is this just a sea of fanta

Now he needs to put all these art/humanities degree retards into manufacturing jobs

>future belongs to STEM
nah, a tiny number of excellent engineers can solve more problems than tons of bad/mediocre ones. The STEM rush will pump out useless overeducated but under-qualified "talent".

It's happening finnbro. It's fucking happening.

In order to treat cancer you have to destroy a few good cells.

Oh god yes I hope so.
>San Francisco resident
>in college
>computer science major
>our computers are literally shit a decade old
>our science building is so old and under managed there was asbestos gorwing
>(((arts))) and (((humanities))) have 3 or even 4 shiny new buildings 4-5 stories tall
>also IT job on campus
>set up their brand new shiny computers while Comp Sci is still using outdated hardware and softwar
>new Dean said they were going to reallocate funding from all departments
>racial studies department starts crying and whining and protesting on campus
>mfw

Following the path of Japan, already a great change.

>fuck modern """art"""
>go start a patreon if you're a good artist and let the free market decide
1, modern art is long over, hell postmodernism is over. What you're telling to fuck off is already history. 2. the freemarket can't solve everything, for example innovation in aviation would have a hard time operating in the free market they need the Govs help to produce breakthrough work. the freemarket still flying the same planes for decades.

You're asking the free market to decide, well the free market gives us a bunch of super hero movies and it's shit.

STOP IT MR. PRESIDENT

I CAN'T TAKE ALL THIS WINNING

YES YES OH GOD YES

>In order to treat cancer you have to destroy a few good cells.

Just change the criteria for allocating grants. It's smarter to use grants to incentivize good scholars instead of killing scholarship altogether.

>At the Department of Energy, it would roll back funding for nuclear physics and advanced scientific computing research to 2008 levels
Not sure if this is good.

Beautiful

Arts are what societies are remembered for. Arts form society. Do you even renaissance? Government paid for that.

You can't help good scholars without destroying scholarship.

The very few ones will have to find a way to receive public funding if necessary but it can't happen in the traditional way.

The regular funding was being used to promote leftist propaganda and to deceive the american people.

As I said before, you can't kill cancer without killing good cells.

Will this be the end of all the Warhol wannabes? Will we see real art again?

>find copy of US Constitution online
>Ctrl + F "ARTS" "HUMANITIES"
>phrase not found

See: Tenth Amendment

BTFO
TFO
FO
O

It should be mandatory to sign a waver saying you refuse government money indefinately if you choose to pursue liberal arts degrees,

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE?

The arts and humanities are best appreciated by the rich.

Trump realizes this and is ready to press reset.
Good for him.

The middle-class is a blue-collar class, and shouldn't try to climb beyond their natural station, anyway.
It only leads to a taste for things they can't afford, and that leads to dashed dreams, no hope, and broken families.
Sad.

GUYS I'M LITERALLY CRYING FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME

>Government paid for Renaissance
Are you that stupid? Renaissance artists were backed by wealthy patrons who funded them out of their own self interest. Nothing at all like NPR or PBS

>Do you even renaissance? Government paid for that.

Well, you better get your monarch on that.

Oh, wait...

>The arts and humanities are best appreciated by the rich.

Don't tell me leaf.

OFF WELFARE

AND

BACK TO WORK

art is not manufactured in universities retard

This.

underrated

>PBS
HOW THE FUCK AM I GOING TO GET, GOING TO GET TO SESAME STREET?

Good! Now we can start un cucking our kids from that (((multicultural))) and (((acceptance of gays))) Sesame street crap.

>If you can't denounce them as an organization, cut their funding!

Like Holy Shit

I literally want so suck Trump's dick RIGHT NOW

>The regular funding was being used to promote leftist propaganda and to deceive the american people.
>As I said before, you can't kill cancer without killing good cells.
enough with your corny analogy. This is a lose lose situation and if you haven't been paying attention there has been a resurgence in figurative, decorative art, and craftsmanship. Not everyone is trying to ape postmodernism.

That bloody mess is what happens when you let the middle and lower class "create".
Many such cases.
Unfortunate.

>This is a lose lose situation

I'm afraid to disappoint you but every american people will benefit from it.

Exactly. They are government funded liberal media.

If this is the only thing he accomplishes during his presidency he may go down as one of the greatest men to ever live.

seconding this

>everyone clamoring for victory against the big mean artists without realizing that cutting the federal funding these organizations get isnt going to harm a lot of them
why do you think pbs runs a donation drive every so often? its because they survive on public goodwill and not the government handouts, in that way it is quite smart to cut funding to things that don't need it to be in the first place

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.....

Hol' the fuck up...

Ay...

Real talk...

Keep it 100...

Why the fuck does public television always have fundraisers and shit begging the viewing audience for scrilla scratch cabbage paper racks bands stacks if the government is funding them already?

If the government doesn't pay for NPR it will have to have corporate sponsors. Public communications is good. How do you think poor people get information? Generations have been practically raised on PBS. There's a greater benefit then YOU don't like it. Benefits that you also experience.

the government doesnt give them as much as you or any of the retards in this thread think it does

YYYYYYYYEAH

The funding isn't enough though. It needs both funding and donations to operate.

They >>Government paid for Renaissance
>Are you that stupid? Renaissance artists were backed by wealthy patrons who funded them out of their own self interest. Nothing at all like NPR or PBS

NPR and PBS already already are funded by private donors for the not part. These cuts won't make much difference for them.

Good art earns a rep for its genius and is well paid for, or it is commissioned. The taxpayer doesn't need to commission weaksauce politicized art imo.

Will all the people bemoaning this start their own private fund? Doubtful. They care THAT much.

You sound like youre upset about your julia child reruns going away?

Then it won't be a problem then?

checkekd

You think all art is liberal pomo trash. I'm telling you it isn't.

i dont think you can read very well
no everything will live on as is, PBS specifically only had about 12% of their revenue coming from federal sources in 2010 according to sources i cant be bothered to verify

This.
Give grants to talented artists and scholars that promote western values and objectivity. Cut the funding for postmodernists and "critical" theorists.

Well I guess fuck me then for choosing an arts major, Even though I work hard at minimum wage job to get that major and don't receive any government support. But hey Trumps fighting for the working man right?

>Generations have been practically raised on PBS.
The rich watch PBS.
The lower classes only need sitcoms, reality TV, and police shows.
The rich will always have what they want, the poor won't notice what they could never understand, anyway.

Mass Media major here, please kill me

The government has no business funding leftist propaganda and degeneracy. End of story.

What's that object?

youtube.com/watch?v=fKy7ljRr0AA

sounds like mr.rodgers could be arguing against what PBS has become, its nothing but bullshit now with no "educational" value

I can read perfectly well, which is how I understood your name calling as a bit of tuchus turmoil.

Its a waste of money and should've been cut decades ago, tell us how youre not rectal ravaged.

rense.com/general37/char.htm

Not the lazy ones like you.
I have never stepped foot in a college and make twice as much as as the national average (for a family) at 25 years old.

As an ex arts student. I have to say that nothing of value will be lost. Let it die and reborn as real aesthetics and academic art.

Praise kek.

Every penny is stolen from a hard-working American who comes home with an aching back and sore feet just tryin' to take care of their family.

And the government uses that money to traffic child sex slaves, just for starters...

wow you cut 12% of the total money they make out of their budget, what an impressive blow to those damn liberals, im so upset that you took away the thing that brought them the least revenue in as a whole
nothing is going anywhere you invalid

welp, you gotta reduce the god awful 20 TRILLION USD debt somehow.

this is what happens when you let the government run wild with spending and refuse to snip their credit card: when a responsible adult shows up, they put a halt on the debt accumulation and start focusing on paying that shit off. after it's taken care of, THEN you can start spending here and there.

i guess people should have been more vocal about the abhorrent amounts of government spending going on over the previous administrations, huh?

Goodbye American culture.

>that whole post

How exactly am I lazy

It's a mind alterer, simply capture what is happening without context, then fill in the rest with text.
Bam, instantly changed mind.

>waaaah not using taxpayer money to fund my subversive SHIT is fascism
we want fascism

Typical canadian

>leaf

You can simply>welp, you gotta reduce the god awful 20 TRILLION USD debt somehow.
Sure, but I suspect much of this money is going to be used to "knock the hell out of ISIS."
It's not going to be used to reduce the government debt.

I literally takes 2 minutes for that dumb bitch to open a can would not wife.

>nothing is going anywhere
Except that government funding LEL

Any more rage in the tank, or is that pretty much it?

leafnigger PBS isnt for the rich it's Public Access

Good, hope this will end up in trimming the lazy fucks out of the art field, who think that spitting on the ground and then rolling around in it constitutes as art.
Without constant funding, it means that only the marketable stuff will thrive.
Which is basically things that have some form of real skill involved in their creation.

>Fascist censors
>Same as taking away unnecessary funding to shitty art programs (deserved) and classes holding academia down (humanities - deserved).
Yeah, nah. Let's make college for the intelligent again.

It's over! It's finally over!