18 years

>18 years
>Putin has been in power 18 years, with no end in sight.

How does he get away with this? They pretend to be a democratic country. Are there any Russians here who can explain how Putin jusitifes to the people why he has been in power so long? It looks like he is a dictator, but Russia is at least theoretically supposed to a democracy. What does Putin say about these concerns.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seniority_in_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seniority_in_the_United_States_Senate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does he get elected? There's the possibility that he just won every time

He hasn't been the top official in Russia for the full duration. He was PM too.
>2nd and 4th president of Russia.
>Prime minister of Russia.
Russia has term limits so he swapped with the PM.

Russians are a degenerated race, that no longer can manifest its destiny

First thing you have to do is prove he's not popular and that the people don't keep re-electing him. They don't have term limits so he can continue to be democratically elected president for a long time. The only people I've heard that don't like him are LGBT people because of the legislation to not allow them to be faggy in public, pretty small portion of the population even in the US.

It's very easy to win election as Vladimir Putin you see...

The only time a majority rule happens in a democracy is the end of democracy. Should actually make you think.

My mistake according to , they do have term limits.

Thanks bydlo cyka blat.

yes politcial systems are great - who knows, one day there is a chance for a good man like Gary Kasparov or alike to help vodkaland residents.

Russian people do not respect democracy for cultural reasons. Russia is truly a shithole

he's the only person in the country pro enough to hold the dictatorship that yeltsin (sp?) created. he literally cant step down because the power vacuum would cause chaos

There is nothing worng with NOT being a democracy. In fact I would say that russia /russians would be way better of if to crown putin the next tsar and grant him even more power.

democracy isn't really that good, like we don't run companies, wars, etc, as democracies; it would be a disaster.

ideally it's the best plan, but in practicality it's not the most effective way, which is why we dont use it anywhere that it actually matters

When you dont allow real opposition and control the press, the elections are hardly legit

Russia tends to have a much high leader worship then most countries.

which is basically what america does ;)

at least russia is still a sovereign nation tho :/

Russia has never had a democratically elected leader. Respect their culture you fucking bigot russophobe.

He has rigged elections and toyed with term limits but gets away with it by being a strongman in regional geopolitics to get the support of the dumb pro-commies while he buys off the oligarchs. He has a sizable enough amount of power that he either needs to fuck up and lose one of his bases of support or a really strong military coup ousts him.

I'm not sure what the man's endgame is. He's keeping the communists from power, he's keeping the nationalists from power and he clearly doesn't give a fuck about democracy either

I don't see what's wrong with staying in power as long as your people love you and have no problem with you. Of course some people hate putin, but hey, that's the way life works.
Or should every country be like the US?

Class cool and Russia can sort it's own affairs.

A lot of it is that Putin is engaging and can flip a switch and be intimidating on behalf of Russia. Conflict with isis has only bolstered his popularity as he represents Russian identity in a world of decaying identity

the russians dont want rid of him tho, because he protects the country from globalization. which is much worse. basically end up with the hunger games.

this is the only answer you need OP

Merkel has 11 and is running again

It's less about what's right and more about the future and ensuring that politicians don't retire with a bullet to the head and that there's a reasonably peaceful transition of power.

He isn't protecting them from globalization, the oligarchs are essentially globalizing Russia, except everything is in cyrillic despite it being from China and costing a lot more for that honor.

He works. He's not an impotent, non-threatening, inoffensive to the status quo puppet, like Yeltsin. He kept them together and made them sovereign again. He kept them from falling in line behind The Beast. He made Russia great again, basically.

he is just holding out for a reformation, but one where he is offered terms that he can accept. he basically doesn't trust the false economy that america and zionist jews are using to take over the infrastructure of the world

He does the will of Nature and God, so, he is government. The American founders didn't elect them selves in the Kings system and they didn't marry their way up to the throne. No their service to Nature and Nature's God appointed them.

He lost one or two elections but he has won the majority

>MADMAN

>globalizing Russia

lol... err... that's a contradictory statement

>that no longer can manifest its destiny
Sorry, what?

Slavic people have been slaves since....forever IIRC my brief Russian history.

They've always been weak and willing to bow down and serve the most powerful man in the village. Can't say I blame them though...Russia was/is a pretty shitty/inhospitable place to live topographically and regionally.

Like, what, only one region of Russia is suitable for growing crops, right?

dude, russia is like, the mongol hordes

where did you get your history from? lmao

There's evidence that the elections are rigged but they really don't need to, he enjoys broad popular support

The reason Russia is so autistic about "color revolutions" is because the West attempted one (through Western-aligned NGO's and charities and such) in Russia in like 2012, and there was the tiniest glimmer of a chance that they'd elect someone else (they didn't)

All overseen by Clinton's administration

Democracy is a lame meme

They can grow them almost anywere here, but you get only one harvest a year in 99% of russia

If it ain't broke don't fix it

>then

American education.

Also, only rural and suburban retards voted Trump. City people all voted Hillary.

They have blue eyes and blonde hair, that compensates for their Asiatic eyes

I literally live in Baltimore city you faggot

Trump winning is basically like beating Putin

They are a largely "power base" country. Like, the guy has the power so why lose it? Without a strongman, the disparate and far-flung corners of the nation would fly apart like a crumbling union... which it did once before.

Yeah, it's a little fucked up to think he's basically a lifetime dictator, but is he country worse or it? It seems alright. I wouldn't want some Rustian Trudeau to come along and implode the fuckin' thing. He probably also does not want that.

>WHY AREN'T YOU GOVERNED AS WE ARE???
>HURR DURR DEMOCRACY ALWAYS BEST
>IF YOU DON'T LIKE DEMOCRACY WE WILL HAVE TO FORCE YOU TO INSTALL IT

yeah, see american """democracy""" for example. their best choices were hillary and trump.

Maybe they see how retarded our SJWs are, and choose to not end up as we in the west.

B."Where is my pension?"
P."There isn't any money left. Good luck babushka!"

B."Fucking Amercans!! They're the reason I have no pension!"

Russians are one of the few European peoples to never have democracy

So you voted for Hillary? Good call, mate.

>Slav=slaves lololol
Old
>Bow down
>Russia
Just
The eternal stupidity of the burger shines again.
FYI Russia's history is 1000 longer than yours , kikebuttslave and somehow these "slaves" cause eternal buttpain for half the world with everyone constantly talking about Muh Russians , who are incidentally the only ones who can wipe you into a nuclear winter for eternity.

Nahhh. Russian people know what's going on in their own country. They know Putin is a problem, but they're too afraid of what life could be like without him. Look at how Russians have lived the last 100 years...can't say I blame them for not wanting to take that big a risk, but it's quite remarkable how they manage to keep face despite all the shit they deal with, and how they just pull the blankets back over their heads and go on pretending its all fine.

Sovet union is broken. Politicians had divided country (had been appearing ukraine, kazahstan and etc.).

Putin is are who had stoped the rule of the oligarchy (юкoc), had stoped war on Chechnya and terrorism in russia. that's why for him voted in the elections.

cont.

>GADDAFI IS A DICTATOR
>LIBYA MUST HAVE DEMOCRACY
>...
>libya is totally destroyed

>ASSAD IS A DICTATOR
>THEY HAVE TO HAVE ELECTIONS (but assad must go)
>alternatives: jihadists, al qaeda supported armies and other armies that aren't even syrian

>SADDAM HAS WMD
>HE IS A DICTATOR
>THEY NEED TO INSTALL DEMOCRACY
>iraq is destroyed and divided forever, there were no WMDs, there is no way to heal the region anymore

When your presidents started having term restrictions? Let`s see.... on 33st president. After 160 years of state existence.

Wow. Literally nazi germany!

Longest serving members of congress (active)
Rep John Conyers (D-MI) 52 years
Rep Don Young (R-AK) 44 years
Sen Patrick Lahey (D-VT) 42 years
Sen Orrin Hatch (R-UT) 40 years
Sen Thad Cochran (R-MI) 38 years
Rep Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) 38 years

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seniority_in_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seniority_in_the_United_States_Senate

Also, FDR could've been president for life if he wanted to be.

/thread

The worst part is, every " democratic election" proposed, carries the stipulation that "Assad cannot be allowed to run, under any circumstances."

anti russian shill detected

Putin is most based man alive, if possible we should declare him king of mankind

>Does he get elected? There's the possibility that he just won every time
In the last election he got 120% of votes. :-)

Make him Tsar and attempt to make a clause whereby once he steps down it enters democratic freedom.. if that's possible but it's probably not but may as well try

Yeah, media here really loves to spin shit around to blame america in all our problems.

People like good, strong leaders for their countries. Not forgettable pussy faggots every 4 years. Grow a pair.

holy shit he looks like fucking sam hyde

killing or jailing all his opponents lmao

American: "Da fuq is a pension?"

Wasant it 107% in a single district that is completely overwhelmed by civil strife ?

Don't fix what's not broken???
???????

Oh yes, Russia isnt globalizating, not with those EU sanctions

Hows that working, huh?

You and Ukraine have got to have the saltiest history with Russia, next to the Jurchin tribes.

Is right.

Believe it or not, liberal representative democrazy isn't the end all be all for human political achievement. Most civilizations has never really had it and don't really want it. It's a uniquely western outcome of individualist values that most people on Earth don't share. The idea that democracy is the best political system ever devised by man is pure hubris.

Beating putin is much easier, than Trump winning. There are hundreds of international media in Russia. Political machinery experience of the government members is tiny.

There are only a single Russian TV channel in USA. And enormous experience in all kinds of media and political tricks.

Putin is the best leader in the world right now. Trump is already proving to be a close second,

>Are there any Russians here who can explain how Putin jusitifes to the people why he has been in power so long?
"Russians" unironnically elect him. Many of them are braiwashed and say "who if not Putin" and "Putin saved Russia after 90s".

Isn't like $750 a month, and you don't get it until 68, or so. Lower, still, if you worked shitty jobs all your life?

We call it social security friendo

His potential successors are much more aggressive than Putin.

>waaaaah my candidate lost so we must abolish democracy

> Putin is most based man alive
I`d argue that.

A

ayyy glad you got my shitty attempt at humor

This is what local kike-wannabe gypsies actually believe to calm their ass.

>casual mentioning
>Merkel is in power for 12 years
>Will of the people hehehehe
>Discussing the term of putin
>Oy vey what appealing state of affairs goyim, it's pure dictatorship, I prescribe an (((open))) society, (((reforms))) and (((freedom)) asap
>Oh vey bad goy looks like you need some (((democratization)))

He was. president for life.

That user is correct tho

Shouldn't you be drinking some shitty russian beer and spitting sunflower seeds at tourists while huffing paint?

> (You)
>You and Ukraine have got to have the saltiest history with Russia, next to the Jurchin tribes.
Well, we DID burn down Moscow and forced tzar to lick polish kings balls... :-)

Putin has been in power since 2000, but he was PM in 2008-2012. Then elected as president. All according to constitution.

Merkel has been in power since 2005 and can take a fourth term in a row.

Of course, Russophobes are butthurt that Russia has such competent leader.

Here is a clue

>
>Beating putin is much easier, than Trump winning. There are hundreds of international media in Russia. Political machinery experience of the government members is tiny.
>There are only a single Russian TV channel in USA. And enormous experience in all kinds of media and political tricks.
Plz vatnik, go with your sillyness some place ealse. :-)

IDK he's kind of cool and he seems like the right guy for the job as far as Russia is concerned. You look at Yeltsin and realize how much worse it would be if any old asshole got elected. The Russian mafia would probably be selling nukes by the dozens on deepweb if it were someone else.

I feel bad for Russia if only for the inherent problems in having an autocracy: basically that you have either have good government or fucking terrible godawful government versus having steadily mediocre government like the US.

> That user is correct tho
In his mind.

> hurr durr gopnik memes
Nice argument. Fits perfect in (((your))) agenda.

Merkel has been running her party since 2000 and been in office since 2005.

Clearly democracy doesn't work and Germany needs another solution.

No but the Russian government literally bought up all but one or two news stations, which are segregated to cable and the internet. Like Rain TV.

Apologize for your crimes, soviet scum, anti-Russian traitor.

Democracy and liberalism are swear words in Russia since 90s. No one cares, the whole "elections" performance is for you.

Please, Russians know Medvedev wasn't running anything.

What's that? American Boy is playing, better go back to dancing bruh.

lol this. 'murica doesn't like it when nationalists want to protect their country from profiteering

well i dont think it'll really matter if Russia and the US start trading.. russia has a far better military anyway.. britain will trade with russia no doubt. US, china, britain brings a lot of traders to the table internationally..

what you should really pay attention to is how well russia has done with the sanctions and handicaps that the bushes and clintons have put on them repeatedly. im sure if putin would play ball and sell out like the house of saude they'd be doing a lot better. be interesting to see what will happen desu.

I care.

There's always Medvedev

You're gay so it doesn't count.

Putin in every way seems like the best man for the job, I don't even see a point in discussion because it's clear he should be leading.
Even with free elections I think he would win unless cultural marxism infects russia