Russian Army Chorus Crash

Is there any information on the crash of the Russian Army Chorus Tupelov 154 in the Black Sea?

Fellow chorister would like to know.

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/video/2017/01/16/funeral-held-for-victims-of-russian-mili?videoId=370924366&videoChannel=117760
voanews.com/a/russia-plane-crash-military-choir/3650194.html
popularmechanics.com/flight/drones/a22921/gigantic-rc-fighter-jet-breaks-up/
youtu.be/ae833ktGAdA
youtu.be/8yf_QTbDeWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be on plane
>plane is shitty Russian plane
>play ocean explorer

Let me know if you want further updates

Noice post user but I was hoping for a Russian flag to chime up.

> not shitposting American flag

But thanks for the bump!

They are heroes.

Bump

Bumping for an r flag

Better make another tread, but this time with the link in the OP - i don't know what are you talking about.

>but I was hoping for a Russian flag to chime up.

Here you go

>be on plane
>plane is shitty Russian plane
>play ocean explorer

>caring about a bunch of singing fags from russia

Proxie bump

Ok. Will try for daylight in Moscow....

> amazed you haven't heard about this dec 25 crash.

What plane is that?

A Brazilian JAS 39 Gripen, made in Sweden.

i don't follow Russian media that much, or anybody's media 2bh.
it looks like "mirage" not sure myself

stupid faggot kill yourself. The Alexandrov Ensemble was incredibly talented and a huge loss to the world of music.

>mirage
scrath that, didn't notice little triangle wings on the front

fucking sociopath MLP fapper fag

>Brazilian JAS 39 Gripen
Thanks

What the actual fuck, now I fucking hope my country doesn't buy a Gripen.
Even our fucking MiGs don't break like that.

There really isn't anything to say, that plane is notoriously bad and most of equipment in Russia isn't maintained properly.

When was this?
These planes used to be good quality.
Disappointing.

Link bump

reuters.com/video/2017/01/16/funeral-held-for-victims-of-russian-mili?videoId=370924366&videoChannel=117760

Link bump

voanews.com/a/russia-plane-crash-military-choir/3650194.html

canards :)

All new carton fiber design.
o wait~

Besides this debate is so 90s cold war

How about we talk if chink fighters fall apart?

It's obviously a model. Look how it breaks up like wood...no fuel or ejection. Real aircraft doesn't break up like this one did.

popularmechanics.com/flight/drones/a22921/gigantic-rc-fighter-jet-breaks-up/

yes, those things

Image bump

Some info surfaced a couple of weeks ago. Supposed to be a leak, but was immediately denied by all officials.
So, probably a human error. First of all 2 facts. 1) The plane was slightly overloaded by the humanitarian cargo. This was a very important factor in the events that unfolded.
2) During takeoff the plane has its flaps extended to maximize lift.

So apparently this is what happened: after the takeoff the second pilot is supposed to retract the landing gear. But on Tu-154 tumblers for retracting the landing gear and retracting the flaps are positioned next to each other in the cockpit. So it's a rather common mistake of the no.2 - confusing the 2 tumblers and retracting the flaps instead of the landing gear. Naturally the no.1 or no.3 of the crew monitor the no.2's actions and immediately spot the mistake as the no.1 can feel the plane losing lift. All this usually happens in a span of 15-20 seconds.
But. This time the plane was overloaded and it was a night flight. Combine human error, probable fatigue and an overloaded plane and suddenly there is almost no time to react.

So the plane takes off, no.2 retracts flaps while leaving the landing gear extended. The plane starts losing lift while extended landing gear hinder its ascent. What follows next is a pure speculation, I'm warning you.
The no.1, feels the plane losing lift and instead of checking whether the flaps are extended or not, pulls the plane's nose up while increasing power to the engines. Due to the construction of Tu-154 (both engines in the rear) this action can easily make the plane go over the maximum angle of attack and lose lift completely. Which has probably happened since in their last moments first pilot says something about flaps.

This. It is damn sad.

youtu.be/ae833ktGAdA

It is. But i'm MAD about how Ukrainians react to it.

Their jet engines are much better than the Chinese. I think they only give them outdated ones, even with otherwise newer jets last time they sold any to them. The Chinese haven't quite figured the jet engine out yet.

>voanews.com/a/russia-plane-crash-military-choir/3650194.html
Sad. RIP

I don't follow (((Ukrainian))) media especially (((Western Ukrainian))). How did they react?

Thanks. Understood. Flap hand and landing gear levers near each other.

Any word yet on the flight experience of the cockpit crew?

F

Where are the Flap Handle and the Landing Gear Lever located in the cockpit?

I agree. I am still sad about this. It was really unthinkable, all these brilliant singers, just fucking gone.

No idea, sorry. But is is unlikely they were newbies. It was a MOD flight after all.
No idea. I spoke to a fellow who was a no.2 on a Tu-154 and he confirmed that those tumblers are next to each other. Didn't tell me where exactly they are tho.

Flaps = Rectangle
Gear = Vertical arrow

I'm guessing. I can see the three throttles on the center right consol.

Then next is a left leaning large black handle. My guess is this is gear.

Then there are two yellowish levers next to captains right knee. My guess is these are flaps/slats to be operated together but can be split in case of a failure in either system?

Ah thanks.

This is a common mistake? Holy shit how?

That's an RC plane kek
youtu.be/8yf_QTbDeWM
BUY SWEDISH PLANES

Well if this was the cause it will not be hard to determine....

Was the runway pointed out over the water for the night takeoff?

I googled a bit and found a pilot's guidebook to Tu-154. The blue rectangle is for flaps control, the red one is for landing gear. This set of controls should me somewhere at the top control panel, probably right above the no.2's seat.

Ok now that starts to make sense. The large black handle is probable speed brakes/ground spoilers.

Now I see the problem number 2 flips the wrong switch and it's almost out of reach/out of sight of the captain and number 3.

Does number 2 switch seats with the captain when he flys? Or does he fly from the right seat?

>Does number 2 switch seats with the captain when he flys?
Of course not! That would go against the whole idea of having a second pilot.

i bet the jews have nothing to do with that

>old shitty plane falls apart
>pilots are recorded saying something like "oh shit the flaps" shortly before crashing
this is the least suspicious plane crash of recent times

Yep I can see the white knob for the landing gear. Can't see the flap switches.next them but the white knob is definitely above the glass in front of the number 2 pilot (first officer) overhead panel.

Wow. If this is a cause of this accident and it was a western craft, the accident investigation board would have recommended splitting these controls up years ago.

Since this is electric activated, the moving of the flap controls to the center pedestal near the throttles would be relatively simple. We call this human factors.

So when number 2 flys the captain yanks gear up by reaching across to the far bottom edge of the overhead panel.

With his right hand no doubt. Is it possible to catch the flap switch with a thumb when raise the the landing gear switch?

>by reaching across to the far bottom edge of the overhead panel.
I don't know where exactly this panel is. Maybe it's above the no.2 seat, maybe it's above and between the 2 seats. For controls this crucial it would be stupid to leave them out of the captain's reach. So probably above and between the seats.
Retracting flaps and landing gear (pushing the buttons, I mean; the captain still has to give a verbal command) is the no.2's job.

The way I see it it's more than likely that no.2 flipped the wrong switch and no.1 was too slow to realize what actually happened.

More human factors stuff. So the gear is coming up but it also masks the flaps and slats retracting.

this pic shows flaps and slats extended for landing. Leading edge Slats are critical to swept wing transport category aircraft generating enough lift at low speed. If they were below wing clean flying speed and the slats were inadvertently retracted, this flight would have been over in seconds.

There was a Northwest MD-80 that crashed trying to takeoff with no leading edge slats extended (the flaps were deployed) in Detroit. Killed everybody but a 4 year old girl in a white dress. She walked out of the burning wreckage with out a scratch on her. Freakin miracle. Gotta have the slats extended.

Are you a MOD TU-154 pilot?

Does the captain always takeoff and land on MOD TU-154s?

The white knob is right above the #2 pilots eyes above the windshield, bottom RH corner of the overhead center panel.

If it was me. I would lay hand on this lever from behind (top). Because I would probably have to pull the lever out of a locked down position before moving the gear lever to the up position where again it locks in place. My fingers would curl around the RH side of the lever to the front of the gear up lever. My thumb in this case would be right above the flap switch.

Is it possible to catch the flap switch with my thumb or is it guarded to prevent this?

If there is a Rusbro who knows a TU-154 pilot and can ask these questions of him....

I should have said, if I was the #1 pilot in the left seat, and the #2 pilot was performing the takeoff from the right seat...

>I don't know where exactly this panel is. Maybe it's above the no.2 seat, maybe it's above and between the 2 seats. For controls this crucial it would be stupid to leave them out of the captain's reach. So probably above and between the seats.
>Retracting flaps and landing gear (pushing the buttons, I mean; the captain still has to give a verbal command) is the no.2's job.
>The way I see it it's more than likely that no.2 flipped the wrong switch and no.1 was too slow to realize what actually happened.
It sucks they never updated them with computers, it actually has a good safety record, almost all the crashes are due to human error caused by a lack of automation.

The diagram you so kindly posted from the pilot manual is for the center overhead panel. In the photos of the TU-154 cockpit, I can see the landing gear handle. It's the one with the white knob that looks like a wheel. At least that is the same...

Thank you for posting the overhead panel.

Most of them, if not all, were in the plane crash.

Damn.
I really liked the R.A.C and have heard like, tons of their songs etc. with Dark Eyes and The Cliff being my personal favorites, and Moscow nights & In the Central Steppes being my close favs.

Actually this looks like a human factors event caused by the close proximity of the flap switch and the landing gear handle. Automation would not have helped prevent this crash (if this was the cause). This is kinda like the recall on the (ford -gmc?) cars where you could turn off the ignition because of where your knee was while driving the car.

It requires robust oversite to force any manufacturer to change a design they have already put into production. Even more so a design that has been out of production for 20? 30? Years.

And my guess is that there have been other accidents/incidents with this model of aircraft just with what I have found out and that the solution is already known.

I think it is time to deploy some smart lawyers and sue the shit out of the responsible parties. Perhaps even, dare I say it, some nice Jewish lawyers and go get the mutherfuckers that allowed this to happen, and are going to allow it to happen again if the muthufuckers are not dealt with in a timely fashion. Go get Rusbros. Get them fuckers.

Le bump for underwater exploration

> NEIN NEIN

How many German autists committed suicide the next day?

From wiki...

"In February 2011, all remaining Iranian Tu-154s were grounded after two incidents.[28][29]

On 27 December 2016, the Russian Ministry of Defence announced that it had grounded all of its Tu-154s until the end of the investigation into the December 2016 crash of a 1983 Tupolev Tu-154.[30] This was followed by the grounding of all Tu-154s in Russia.[31] The Tu-154 had crashed into the Black Sea just after takeoff from Sochi, Russia, on 25 December 2016 killing all 92 people on board, including 64 members of the Alexandrov Ensemble, an official army choir of the Russian Armed Forces. The Red Army Choir singers and dancers were en route to Syria to entertain Russian troops in the run-up to the New Year."