>2017
>believe in god

why are you so bad at scientific thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This To Be Quite Honest With You El Familio

It's just common sense to believe in God. What else would you believe?

What/who decides the outcome of probabilistic quantum events?

If no known force within our universe can accurately determine quantum events, then they must be determined by something outside of our universe.

Whether that something is intelligent or not is undecidable, but it is what I call god.

But you realize life and humans are a mere product, side effects of those quantum events ?
Assuming someone was to determine those event, why would they even care about us ? What kind of god are we talking about there ?

Anyway, I don't believe in god but I know religion is necessary if you want to have some kind of functionning society. Weak minds need to believe in something superior to them or they will go degenerate.

>Said a leftist who refuses to talk about race
Gahahahaha, atheists are the best joke ever told. W-W-WE BELIEVE IN SCIENCE BUT ONLY WHEN IT DESTROYS CIVILIZATION HUU HUU HUU

Your entire religion is a marxist plot and it's going extinct. Get rekt.

i rather believe in god than 100 different genders like you do

fuck off, fedora fucker!

Technically speaking atheism is a superior force for social control as it allows the atomization of society and for people to be easily swayed by powerful government that allows them to submit to their base desires

>W-W-WE BELIEVE IN SCIENCE BUT ONLY WHEN IT DESTROYS CIVILIZATION HUU HUU HUU
I'm probably what you'd call an atheist because I don't belive in any form of god, yet :
- As I said I understand perfectly that religion is necessary in society (including strong moral, even I will always see moral as being subjective)
- I believe in race, am against race mixing, all for eugenics, a lot of scientists are. See James Watson, who literally discovered DNA...

All leftists are godless degenerate but not all atheists are leftists.

>But you realize life and humans are a mere product, side effects of those quantum events ?
Yes I do, and I agree with that statement to some degree. My viewpoint is that if it is an intelligence and it is outside of time and space, then there might be some feedback in which certain events may happen via probability shifting.
Think of it like this, if you wanted to design a little universe that could function on its own, but you wanted to make a backdoor so that you could intervene how would you do it? Also note, you are building from the ground up via designing constants and physical laws.
I personally would do it just like I believe it has been done. By adding wiggle room via quantum randomness.
>Assuming someone was to determine those event, why would they even care about us ?
If they are outside of time and space, then knowing and understanding every human being would be trivial. You have to think like a being that could understand the totality of every event happening in an instant. This is way oversimplifying it, and I dislike personifying it as well, for all we know if such a thing existed it could have "thought" processes so incomprehensible and unrecognizable as to be totally alien.
What kind of god are we talking about there ?
Definitely not a traditional one. More like the type of god that higher echelons of theologians (such as Thomas Aquinas) hinted at without ever outright saying it for fear of blasphemy.
>Weak minds need to believe in something superior to them or they will go degenerate.
I agree. Its not something one could control either way, but in the end its a benificial behavior for organizing society.

I said "functionning society", not "dystopian 1984-tier nightmare". I agree with you though. That's why I believe religion is important, even though I don't need it myself to justify having a moral, wanting to fund a white functionning family and being against degenerate things like gay marriage.

Most people are too stupid to understand the inner value of morals, (ethnic) nationalism, etc in the long run, that's what religion is for. It should be a tool for ensuring the perpetuation of society, and in some extent you can see it as a form of barrier against the kind of govt you describe.

Humans aren't a side effect of anything, God intended to create us

Shut up Richard, less intelligent people need religions to behave the right way (or to kill in their name I know, sadly)

It's sad that it's still the case in The Current Year but in the end, it's their values and actions that matter. If faith protect against degeneracy then it's good.

I'd prefer something else than our dumb anthropocentric ones that are so obviously nonsensical to anyone with a decent science education though.
It's way too easy to shit on them.

If only we could all become pantheists or something.

kek

It's true, God is punishing Europe because they're full of faggoty sodomite atheists,
Why is it that even in the 1920's liberal politicians supported colonialism? Now we have liberals who want to murder your child

When the only argument christcucks have is a hat meme

Meh. Seems like it worked.

Our argument is you will burn in Hell

Argument to what? There was no argument posted, just an empty insult, you retarded idiot.

These are the worst hours to browse Sup Forums aren't they? Every thread is just made by proxy Eurocucks with weak bait.

>sarah palin was a meme magic genius

nah we'll just rot in the ground like every other living organism, including you. I know christcucks are scared shitless that there is no afterlife so i'll jjust let you believe your fairy tales, whatever makes you sleep at night

All hours with Euro homos is horrible, all of them are degenerate left wing atheists. It's crazy even on Sup Forums the Europeans are liberal I can't imagine what it's like actually going to Europe and being around their liberals. It must be hell on Earth

There is no afterlife for sinners, you'll die in Hell yeah your body rots in the ground but your spirit goes to heaven

I'm not religious but goddamn, I like going on here to see some people actually advocating for it. I work in a marketing firm full of nu-males and they circlejerk each other constantly, IRL and in social media, about how religion is like totally evil.

I mean, fuck, they spent an entire afternoon talking about how Trump's speech about the Almighty Creator and God was so alarming to them.

So thanks christcucks, I may not agree with anything you say but damn is it refreshing to hear your opinions

>complains about liberals
>forgets jesus was the biggest liberal jew cuck that has ever existed

as long as there are humans who believe in a god there will be a god. an idea or meme will manifest itself in reality if enough people believe in it

Lol youre writing this on a device that was engineered purely by science
Fucking dumb prick

How was he a liberal?
Or are you one of those dumbo liberals that say Jesus was a long haired hippie who smoked weed?

Luke 19:27
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

These are Jesus' own words!

Christianity single handedly saved old Yurop from muslim conquest fucktard. Don't blame Christianity for modern men being effeminate cucks.

What a STROKE of genius OP.

Good, keep believing whatever makes you want to breed white children and reject degeneracy.

>If they are outside of time and space, then knowing and understanding every human being would be trivial.
That's where I disagree.
First: creating a system doesn't mean you have full control and knowledge on what happens inside. For example, the game of life, where you define very simple rules of evolution and you get something you couldn't possibly predict. Yet you designed it from scratch.
And, assuming you were right and they could "Know and understand" us, according to what system of thought ? Does that mean they can "judge" us ? According to what moral ? For what purpose ?

That one quote doesn't change the fact that jesus was a passive kike. turn the other cheek shlomo

But atheists are verifiably, provably, more liberal

>expecting an atheist to accept facts
You know what, never mind. I know your kind just ignored them.

Have fun in hell for eternity.

I believe God works through science. I mean isn't it a bit.... lucky that we live in a universe with billions upon billions of natural laws of physics all of which spontaneously and accidentally work exactly the way they do so that life, especially sentient, intelligent life is able to form and then explore those laws? I think that the chance that all of this shit happens accidentally and isn't of intelligent creation is one in a fucking googolplex

find me proofs of god's non-existence.

I'll accept facts because i'll start believing in a god when there is proof he exists. But for now i see religion as just a way to control brainless sheep like you who lack critical thinking skills

Its important to keep fate and science separate takashi
There are shitty and good people in both groups.

made of materials created by and put into the earth by Almighty God

checkmate atheists

>find me proofs of god's non-existence.
The burden of proof is always on the believer. Show me the proof of your magical sky daddy and his kike son

>lucky that we live in a universe with billions upon billions of natural laws of physics all of which spontaneously and accidentally work exactly the way they do
Kinda relates to what I was saying above, but not really an argument. Since we can only live and be conscious in such a "perfect" universe, we can't really appreciate it. Pretty much like it wouldn't make sense for a leaf to be glad to be attached to a tree.

For me, it IS scientific thinking.

Your world is presented to you through your senses. Your senses are are perceived to be a part of that world. The main assumption is that "I sense nothing else, therefore nothing else besides this world must exist"; however, we do sense a separate metaphysical world. We sense it all the time. Some are awake to it, some are not.

if humans drink water since 5000 years ago, how is seas are not dry yet?
checkmate buddist!
>mfw we have our own pope

>he won't inherit enteral life like all these famous scientists.

Sad.

Facts? Numbers?
Things that always come up true when tested
'Gods rainbow' you mean light refraction of the water droplets in the sky

My only point is that i don't think that it's very likely that all of this just happened accidentally, it's much more logical that someone intelligent has done all of this, and to me that someone is God

>The burden of proof is always on the believer.
1) My fate is my proof
2)the burden of proof is on who wants to deny something.

He wasn't sent to earth to kill people

>implying we can ever know anything for certain

You're more likely according to Canadian studies be a victim of violent crime than if you're a Christian and especially a Christian who attends church

atheist op, the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence.
If god doesn't exist, what caused the big bang?

what about proof kek exists?

Read philosophy. Hegel, Henri Bergson, Plato, Empedocles, neitsche (however the fuck you spell it)

Jews fucked up the idea of god, monotheism is cancer

Study Hinduism, once you understand their idea of symbolic polytheistic gods you will get it. Study the monad as well

Do people ever agree on one thing or the other in discussions like this ?
One will say its true because the bible says so which is not anything actually.
The other will quote scientists who also dont really know shit just a bunch of techno babble which doesn't really lead anywhere.
No middle ground

Back in the day there were people who believed in Thor, Zeus, and/or Jupiter

We didn't understand one simple thing
The water cycle

Give it a few years and we'll soon have an answer for 'God'

A lot of them are stupid, like a lot religious people their beliefs don't come from reason and logic, they didn't really think about why/how, etc.
They just believe in what would makes reality what they want it to be. And yes, a world without God is a world that would benefit them more.

But you can be as far right as possible, if you're intelligent, you're not a religious person.
You can believe in "god" though. Just not one of those stupid "human" ones.

>liberals are verifiably, provably more atheist
Fixed it for you.
Because it doesn't make sense to believe in a superior entity and morals and being degenerate at the same time.

There could very well be (and that's an actual scientific theory) an infinite number of different variations of universes, each ones with different sets of physic rules, and we happen to live in one with "perfect" rules, which isn't much of a surprise because we wouldn't be living to appreciate it if it wasn't perfect.

Except Thor and Zeus are make believe legends, they never did anything there are billions of people around the world who believe in God. Look at the Egyptians they didn't believe God, and God sent his plague to them. They became a Christian country eventually

i understand and see that science and the scientific method is perfect and objective fact

i also fully believe in the god of abraham, adam, moses, and christ

so what think you of me?

All these atheist theories are stupid as Hell, and atheists think the bible is dumb? You should look at what your whack job conspiracy theorists have come up with

The answer is
We don't know
But filling in all the blanks with the word god, is lazy in the eyes of atheists I think
. in my opinion atheists don't have a problem with god they rather have a problem with theists saying you'll go to hell if this or that. I mean who likes that (apart from a fee evil theists who think they have a right to judge people based on a book).

If Christianity falls, islam rises, even Dawkins knows that.

Anything else is just philosophical bullshit and/or mental master baiting.

Fedoras are degens

substantiate (read: render falsifiable) that such things MUST be "decided", least of all by a thinking entity

oy vey

> My fate is my proof
fate is not a proof
> the burden of proof is on who wants to deny something.
you can't just invent a quote, debates don't work like that

You're morally and intellectually dishonest.

>Christian nation
>using coincidence as a basis
>using other gods as make believe story
>moving the goal post
Sure they did, they did the same things for those people as God is doing to ours
Giving us hope, a sense of security and a thing to strive forward on

>(((the god of abraham, adam, moses)))

youve gone into the realm of non-falsifiability

See, I just destroyed my god(s) in my own argument, I'll still worship them, but like c'mon man, science

Remember when atheism was the cool shit? Yeah, me neither.

>caused
>big bang

causality, and indeed "time" itself are meaningless concepts "outside" of spacetime

try again

Really, as long as the kind of people like you don't interfere with my freedom of thought and don't try to teach my children all your creationnist non sense, I have no desire to make you change your mind. You're obviously too far gone anyway. Whatever makes you a moral human being with basic decency is good.

Remember when smart, rational people chose their ideas because they were "cool" ? Yeah, me neither.

no, i did not lie
assume that
then, therefore, what think you

no, really?

what?

This is some Deepak Chopra level understanding of Quantum theory

>Hegel
>Monotheism is cancer
Pleb detected.

You're a moral and intellectual coward.

the party who wishes to "deny" may or may not be the claimant

the burden lies on the party who claims something which has not been substantiated/proven
learn to logic

>what?
What?

thats just juvenile ad hom nonsense
be serious and dont belittle yourself with such nonsense

OR
just assume im not a coward, do you have anything a self respecting ADULT intellectual might say?

ameritards need something divine to guide them to the right path.

That's wrong, God created those people who ended up worshipping other "gods" but thankfully they were taught the right path and now they've strayed.
Funny, you don't want us to interfere but you interfere with us. You teach garbage theories like evolution, the Big Bang, and the earth being a trillion years old. I don't want my kids to hear that nonsense the only option for good Christian families is home schooling, but your people made it illegal in most of Europe. Europe is the modern day Soddom and gommorah

>Why anything exists at all?

yes, thats what i typed, now you may proceed to answer

>smart, rational people
No such thing. You are a pretentious little fuck if you think you know everything there is to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw

Facts? Numbers?

More than 80% of humans on earth believe in a higher power of some kind, and 99% of humans who ever lived believed the same.

Maybe you are just deficient, in that you can't sense God.

see:

Peterson here. You're both wrong with these bloody ideological axioms possessing you. What you really gotta do is fight you a dragon and sort yourselves out.

You are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

ad populum fallacy

tho i am a believer

>there are an infinite set of universes and we just happen to live in the ideal one
>this is more likely than our universe being created ideal in the first place

lyl

So you believe a jew called Jesus turned water into wine 2000 years ago because of quantum probabilistic events? Wew lad

i guess you didnt understand, or you cant help yourself becoming upset