Man what the fuck happened, why didn't we just agree on a standard?

Man what the fuck happened, why didn't we just agree on a standard?

We did. They didn't.

too expensive to do it right now, almost no gain

Idk man it is a lot like the imperial vs metric situation with USA being the best.

German Schuko is the best one there is, I use it along type E

UK fags will argue that their is better because fuse embedded in the plug and the sockets have safety mechanism

USA 240v should be the standard for everyone else.

our 480 volts are superior

It's a form of protectionism

>even the Jew's WALL PLUGS look like they're planning something and squinting

Gotta give those kikes points for consistency.

said the imperial lapdog and the F° slave

Nah mate, we've got a crying gook as our plug. We're truly number 1 this time

I just realized israel is on the list, why the fuck would they need a new standard? I can kinda see some of countries making them up as they go when electricity was new, but why would you make a new plug when multiple options already existed?

GERMAN TYPE F MASTERRACE

>tfw australian

We have that, what's your guys hertz?

>UK fags will argue that their is better because fuse embedded in the plug and the sockets have safety mecanism

...and your response to that is...?

Sad Chinaman face.

We also use those...

How do any of the plugs on the top row differentiate hot and neutral? I get that you can make something reversible but it would still simplify electronics design if you knew which was which.

type F master race

Incoming electricians

the kike one looks so mean.
>Coincedence?

# Ameritards don't have a ground on heir plugs??

Does it get power to my shit without setting my house on fire? Yes? Then It's good. I'm sure there are advantages to different volt/amp/olm levels but I'm just trying to power my laptop.

I'm sure some autistic europoor or kike will get asspained over my post.

ok so lets just have no fuses in the plug and no built in safety mechanism......fuck right of wankstain

One reason involves voltage and tension. Europe has much shorter distance to cover, so they can get away with higher voltage, while a lot of energy would be lost covering the large distance on the American continent.

For instance, in leafland, lots of power comes from our desolated north.

Thats the sciency part of the reason anyway.

>my country uses the same as australia and china

ayo fuck you switzerland
I'm going for a ski-trip next week and don't have an adapter for your shitty plugs

type B, the hole on the bottom is the ground

the india one looks like a guy sitting on a toilet spreading his legs

>not specifying frequency

pleb

Type B or Type H are objectively the best. Type I would be fine if the round plugs didn't occupy so much space half the time.

Are ((((them)))) behind this?

schuko is great mechanically and has good safety, but is too bulky. swiss is my overall favorite.

Used to be more common, but now every single place I move into has the grounded plugs. Might have been a change in code

foot-killer, too bulky, mechanisms fail eventually.

Just buy a converter to the country you are gonna visit, costs 99 cents on ebay because of CHINA

I'm not much for religious zealousness but I'm willing to go to war with anyone who doesn't recognize the obvious superiority of the Schuko plug!

I think they use 50 Hertz.

I fucking hate our plugs, flimsy pieces of crap that bends easily

Type F and Type C are best. Rest is shit.

Given the amount of things plugged in that are really 12v or 5v devices, USB Type C should become a de facto global standard for most items. Obviously 100W isn't enough for everything so some of the old plugs would need to remain for those uses but for the majority of what we use now, it would be a step forward.

Yeah, not helped by the crap metal we get from China.

I will admit it's true. 240V is better too.

It would be prohibitively expensive to change the standard here. The USA put a lot of money into infrastructure with early technology, and we're kind of stuck with it.

the one negative i will admit for UK plugs is that when unplugged, they lie naturally with the prongs up and are a bitch if you stand on them.

British type is clearly the superior design. Bow to your ultimate rulers peasants, your inventions pale in comparison to the mighty United Kingdoms'

The first two are fair criticisms, but UK plugs and sockets can go for decades without any noticeable mechanical wear.

India's looks the coolest desu

fuck off globalist scum

America has always had 60hz, that's what their monitors have
Euros used to or still use 50 hz as their monitors used to or still have 50 hz

60Hz the only one that matters.

>text on alpha bg
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Weird way to spell Israel's with their reptilian faces.

This is a feature not a bug, it is designed to inflict maximum pain upon any whom dare to tread on the carefully crafted and superbly designed British Plug

>48 standards
>There are too many standards, let's make a true standard everyone can abide by!
>49 standards

Iceland has the best looking high voltage towers.

Thanks for clearing that up, never can remember.

Anyone else see the dotted lines moving when they look at that picture?

Or at best two incompatible standards needing adaptors in all but a few countries.

For what purpose

i'm gonna need a quick rundown on dotted lines

Visions of a more aesthetic age

>Israel has angry gook
What did they mean by this?

It's AC tho.

Yes, and? AC has hot, neutral, and ground.

60hz

Why does the Israel one look racist?

>we are all slaves to electricity

>no built in safety mechanism
uuh... okay

If we standardized something like that, then it would require a world-wide monopoly or power struggle over it.

>EU couldn't even standardize electricity

this shows why ancap is literally the best solution

We're at 50Hz

I'm sad now.

A E S T H E T I C

Generally you'll still see lamps and other simple appliances be ungrounded with only two prongs. All the outlets in new houses are grounded, though.

>t. Mike Pence.

The US one is objectively superior because it has no symmetry, preventing polarization mismatches. All--ALL--the others are deathtraps.

>power struggle
fuck off with your puns

seriously user?
You realise we have transformers before long distance transmission lines right?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how fucking metal is your plug?

Japs use the same as us because we helped built their infrastructure. I love not needing an adapter for my appliances when visiting and being able to import weeb electronics.

>that picture

Holy fuck, this is brilliant.

The EU plugs are all interchangeable (except the UK one).

A bit of a charged debate going on?

Said the man with the less accurate temperature measurements

I like Japan's version best, desu. Seems like a good use of space.

Probably moved to that as standard because some Jew crony designed the plug to make him shekels.

source please

100% Mike Pence approved

it's just a more expensive way to make one of these

the dual leading ground contacts are the safety mechanism and of that's not enough there are plent designs of safety mechanism which cover the holes for the voltage contacts.

>Switzerland
>Brazil

What did we mean by this?

Japan uses the same type as the US. That is just an innovative socket design.

Anything that is not on the first line is just autistic.

Same thing about not using the metric system, how autistic an you be?

>AC polarization matters
nope.

>Polarization mismatches
You got fucking DC current in your sockets?

Denmark's plug is kawaii as fuck.

>Australia/China

power squid best squid

kek m8, not even intentional

>10 different types of plugs
>You know what guys? Let's make a standard plug that fits all!
>11 different types of plugs

It really comes down to this