Is it possible to add a constitutional amendment to recall a president?

Is it possible to add a constitutional amendment to recall a president?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/ethikapolitika.org/2014/08/19/civilizations-sex/amp/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge's_law_of_headlines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But his term is already over?

only if the current president doesn't veto it

Fpbp

i'm honestly not sure if this is constitutional or not or if it constitutes treason? has this issue been discussed in the news media?

Probably, but Republicans have a supermajority, so get fucked.

but couldnt an amendment be passed by like a 2/3 majority of the states?

See Article V for how to amend the Constitution.

i thought taking the issue to the states allows them to force it through?

>Republicans control the Presidency, House, Senate, 33/50 Governorships, and 32/50 State Legislatures
>presidents can veto constitutional amendments

We might get constitutional amendments but they're not going to be anti-trump

It could be done legally through congress or through a constitutional convention. However, that requires 2/3 of all state legislatures to approve an amendment, and once the convention is opened, ANY amendments can be added, approved, or removed.

This is why opening a constitutional convention is fool hardy, because it gives your opponents the ability to add shit to the most important document in the amercian legal system.

No, I meant Obama's already gone, so why does it matter?

i guess i can only hope and pray that the leaders of our congress consider this as an option. this goes beyond the republican party, folks.

What is your specific issue with Trump?

he lied about the crowd size on his second day in office. even fox news reported it. this is not a responsible person.

i voted for gary johnson but now i almost regret it. i should have campaigned for hilary

he didn't lie

He said "alternative truths."
Seriously, this is what they're saying.

But antifa and soros funded protestors were trying to stop everyone from getting in. There's readily available video of this. Even the NYT reported on how 50 of the groups that were working these protests had ties to soros.

I can understand not liking him as a person, but I think it's reasonable to say he could have legitimately expected it to be full.

There are plenty of better reasons to dislike him desu. His stance on climate change, his appointment to the FCC.

I plan to fight tooth and nail on those topics, but otherwise I'm afraid I have to back Trump. I can't willingly cede any inch to regressives or the establishment. Both desire to fuck over the republic.

but that's just it: we're a republic. this man is detrimental to it. more than a party the republicans should be human beings. we should be able to trust them not to pass anything major. fuck, maybe this is worth giving on certain social issues to the conservatives.

Are you the Lain-poster from /lit/ with that system of literary analysis you're working on?

i do occasionally post on lit, but im not working on a literary analysis. i write science fiction, though.

Were you told that Trump wants to gas minorites/gays?

If so, he's a lot friendlier to them than the Republican party is. One of the things I'm happy about is the fact he's dragged the republican party closer to center on social issues. Repubs have spent too much time pandering to the religious right that socially liberal conservatives struggle to vote for them in good conscience.

The media, the indoctrination echo chambers that are humanities and sociology departments, the sorting algorithms of social media, all of this stuff played a bigger role in this election than Trump. People are increasingly living in two completely different worlds, with different facts. This is why having a simple discussion is so difficult. Because we disagree on what reality is.

The republic is already so divided.

I need to spend more time on my writing and less time shitposting on Sup Forums. I write a lot hard fantasy and I'm currently working on a sort of modern mythopoetic work inspired by ancient european mythology.

Ah, you may not be him then. Well either way, don't let these some of the faggots on here get to you.

>socially liberal
google.ca/amp/s/ethikapolitika.org/2014/08/19/civilizations-sex/amp/

The last 87 great civilizations had many different resource and external factors that did them in.... Yet nothing they haven't faced worse off before.

But what they did have in common is that they all went degenerate shortly before getting their shit pushed in.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge's_law_of_headlines

guess which party is closer, almost locked in, the ability to ratify an amendment?

Op is right, trump is gonna need more than 8 years to fix this country

>presidents can veto amendments

I must be miseducated, because high school government class taught that this isn't the case.

What's your actual concern user?

Presidents dont play any part in amendments theyre probably confusing them with bills

then this seems like a viable strategy for the republicans to take. it helps them more long term: if they add the amendment people will trust the republicans again.

i'll be honest that this is one of the few times i've ever posted on Sup Forums. this is some heavy shit, worse than i could have ever feared.

as long as this isn't sedition in me saying this: we need to change the constitution to allow an immediate recall election by popular vote

What would you like this amendment to say? Impeachment would be much easier. They could impeach him for almost anything. Conduct unbecoming of the president is an allowed basis. You just have to get a majority in the House and then 2/3 of the Senate. Your amendment idea is ridiculous.

that's a good point lol. lying to the american public is conduct unbecoming of the president imo. let's go with that one

It won't happen because of his possible lies about the inauguration. Even if Democrats controlled Congress they wouldn't do it. Can you imagine the uproar if Congress kicked out a president immediately after he took office because of a meaningless "lie"? And Republicans control Congress so it would take something yuge to impeach him.

ok, so then we all vote democrat and get him impeached for lies in two years then?

Yea like what happened 2 obama!

>demoshits showing up for a midterm election
>mostly democrat seats up for reelection in 2018
oh you sweet summer child

Power to the people!

I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton, but I usually vote republican, so I'm probably not on board with your plan. What are you specifically worried about with Trump? The legislation pushed through by a president doesn't have that much of an effect on most Americans. Future congresses can repeal it, and he won't be able to take away hardly any of your rights. I think people on both sides are overreacting to Trump. He is going to appoint at least one Supreme Court justice, and that will have a huge impact, but you're not going to be able to stop that by impeaching him in two years. Also, I personally know Bill Pryor (the likely SCOTUS appointee). He is a very smart man. I'll be glad to see him on the court.

>implying people will waste their time on this with a majority R senate and congress
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

JUST GET OVER THAT YOU LOST AND FUCK OFF PLEASE!!!!!!!

im worried about his possible effect on short term civil rights. yes, many of his policies will be inevitably repealed but that doesn't mitigate the damage inflicted.

wounds heal but the knife is still painful when it stabs you.

He's promised to be very tough on illegals.Many will be deported.
His healthcare plan will almost certainly not include subsidized hormones for transgendered people.
Welfare benefits might decrease, but I'm betting that won't actually happen.

Anything other than that is probably just people fearmongering. We have too many safeguards in place for Trump to take away rights, and I don't think he wants to anyway.