Jordan has broken free of the constraints of reason. Like pinnochio, he has become a real boy, a genuine individual...

Jordan has broken free of the constraints of reason. Like pinnochio, he has become a real boy, a genuine individual. Sam still has his strings attached, he won't relinquish his idea of truth, which he clutches like an oedipal mother, and keeps him from facing chaos assiduously. He is trapped like peter pan in an intelectual childhood, unwilling to go down to the bottom of the ocean, slay the reptile, save the virgin and resurrect his father.

Jordan is an archetypal hero - he is at the top of his dominance hierarchy like a great lobster, which is the original archetypal hero

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lobsters get caught and fed to the establishment elite on a plate. Pick a better metaphor

>like a great lobster

Lmao

I like jordan as a person, but he's off in crazy town in this dialogue.

What is an oedipal mother?

>slay the reptile
overcome your reptillian brain
>save the virgin
Recover the sacred feminine

All this through Action and wisdom

you're a funny guy Australia

JP is my man but this made me laugh

This. He lost that debate simply because he couldn't get his point across. I still don't really understand what he was trying to say.

Jordan's idea of truth is literally 2deep4me.

Jordan is a modern day prophet.

The world needs to hear his message.

> A great lobster
what

i listened to their podcast and it's basically 2 pseudo-intellectuals nit picking over semantics. 2 hours of circle jerk with nothing to show for it tbqh

Lobsters form dominance hierarchies do you know how umm unbelievable that is they predate us by hundreds of millions of years and yet you see the same archetypal stories played out again and again in lobster society. If you could take all the great things of a lobster and pick out the best bits you would get a literary lobster if you combined a hundred of those literary lobsters and distilled it you would have a mythic lobster and if you could combine all of those mythical lobsters you would have a lobster deity.

You take a walk down any pier and see the lobster traps and you will see lobster hell, there are millions of lobsters who lived unvirtuous lobsters lives who suffer right now, but what about the opposite, we just don't know what a perfectly virtuous lobster life would like, we can't tell if there's any limits.

>the joke
>your head

In my opinion Jordan tends to umm and ahh and stumble his way piecemeal through what he is trying to say but eventually he ties all the little bits together and then it clicks.

Not the best way to debate though

A mother who fucks her own son

His message is essentially that every thing we do, say, thing is embedded in a motivational structure and that the motivational structure matters as much if not more as the action itself. Therefore you can't discuss things out of context because it's connected to the underlying motivation and also to other people.

He's saying that we need to look at stuff that people think is "obvious" and that rationality is deceiving in that it gives the illusion of being able to produce morality or goodness. So rationally Hitler did nothing wrong if you take it out of context and that exactly how Hitler got to do what he did. Peterson is saying that the underlying motivation and context is as much part of the (his) truth as the action itself, and that these two can't be truly separated even though it seems that they can (if we think about hypothetical situations or in science). It's all motivated behavior.

nigga dey tasty doe

Kek, this is good.

>dude centerism lmao

Great shitposting OP

Ok and then he says there is a proper and a bad way to be motivated about your actions. And that that's what religion deals with. And morality describes the lobster-hero which acts in a way that is beneficial to him, people around him, all the people, today, tomorrow and in infinite time. And that atheist rationalist are spewing bullshit when they say they are moral on a basis of what's "rational".

Damn that's an autistic way to phrase it. Aussies are truly the kings of shitposting.

>You take a walk down any pier and see the lobster traps and you will see lobster hell,

That podcast gave me a nose bleed. They both should of just consulted a dictionary for the word 'truth' then moved on.

Peterson's weak logic
>Catch your wife cheating
>Kill wife, her lover and yourself
>Police arriving at the scene and discovering selfies of wife getting fucked
>Discovering your phone and GPS trail to the house
> Police concludes the wife cheating cannot be true because everyone is dead

Weak.. pathetic and weak. He could easily use words correct or morally good. His reasoning on smallpox was embarrassing.

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T HE LET HIM MOVE ON TO RACE OR SOMETHING BETTER FUCK

>this whole thread
youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE

This was worse than I thought it would be. Jordan should have eased it in.

What kind of stupid pic is that?

Music is left+right brain function.

He was kinda trying to say that truth only matters when you factor in morality. I think. It pretty funny listening to hire irritated Harris got.