SERIOUS opinion on gaming as an adult?

I'm almost thirty and been with my wife for the past 10 years. We grew up together playing games on PC, Xbox and now PS4. When we look back some of the most memorable moments we had were gaming curled up together on a the couch comfy af especially when it'd snow like crazy outside. We both still get immersed in the lore of many awesome games and with the tech becoming more and more 3 dimensional im sort of it in a pickle whether to continue on behalf of my generation or give it up like how /fit/ suggests all the time.

I had this conversation with my wife and she says that others wont get this "Culture" because they don't' belong to it and havent truly experienced what we both experienced together as teenagers and then later now as adults. She says it beats watching soap operas and degenerate tv shows like MUH GOT etc etc

what's the LEGIT redpill on gaming in the year of our lord 3017? No meem answers please thanks Sup Forums

I believe the key is not to get addicted to anything that feels good. So long as you prioritise your family over gaming, it is not a childish pastime.

A waste of time that offers young men false sense achievment.

>*BING*

>1up

>WAHOO!

What a person does in their free time is of no concern to me, it is what they do during working hours that concerns me.

How is it any more pathetic than downing countless calories worth of beer every week while watching young black men in tights play with a ball and hump each other?

That's what all our country's "family men" do, until the day they die. I'm not a video gamer but come on, it cant be more pathetic than what grown men already were doing

>"sir, i'm going to have to ask you to turn off the device as it is disturbing the passengers"

We don't play as much because we only play stuff that's actually good. Last game we played was MGS V and Last of Us and since then haven't really turned on the console cuz not into EVERY single game. Even when we play a new game we play perhaps for maybe 2/3 hours before going to bed at night.
This isn't a mariokart thread

Everything in Moderation. You can enjoy video games like anything else, just be sure to contribute to society.

Seeing as how you live in Pakistan, do what makes you happy. Your countries birth rate is fine, so there is no need for you to go out and raise a family. To my fellow white westerners here, don't be this guy. We need to up our birth rates. Sitting around 6-8 hours a night playing games is a horrible thing to do for your people.

t. wagecuck

*BOING*

*OOOOFFFF*

*HEEEERRRE WE GOOOO*

Men should be outside messing around with tools on wood or metal.

>She says it beats watching soap operas and degenerate tv shows like MUH GOT etc etc
she is right.

only stop if you start fucking up your life (income/getting fat/and what not).

I am bored by games for a long time its pretty repetitive and boring.

However I picked up an Oculus CV1 Headset when it was released. And I use it occasionally. It provides me with the intense gaming experiences I had when I was a child and was able to immerse myself. Its even more intense than that. But I rarely use it because I have no time to play videogames.

Maybe you should put down the video games and make some babies

Nice argument.
Not everyone is interested in diy as a hobby.

White guy here. I dont owe other white people shit. The only race is humanity.

>Men should be outside messing around with tools on wood

go to sleep grandpa

I bet they haven't tried it.

Building a race car in my garden with my Dad was the best summer I had as a kid.

> I dont owe other white people shit.
Right, but being one of them you don't want whites to go 'out of fashion', do you?
> The only race is humanity.
Wrong. Races have been proven to exist, just like different breeds of dogs.

The most important is to take care of the family first and all that it entails. Keep everyone happy.
Then, when you put in some game and unwind for few hours during weekend, there is nothing wrong about it. If you take a look at the hobbies other have, gaming is not more childish than the other pastime activities.

And as for you being gamer, I thought you already knew that what others except your loved ones think about it is irrelevant.

We both contribute as functional adults in our respective fields of study
6-8 hours is too much and not acceptable for single males of ALL ages/races.

Started building a computer on Minecraft. Thank fuck I have a job to get me out the house user I just want my life back! or do I? I don't know two more hours till home time!

Those people are called women.

>Minecraft

You have to be 18 to post here son.

To be fair I can imagine the fucking clicking must be annoying to others.
I never understood why they never made portable with silent buttons.

Clearly you aren't a man since you aren't out doing those things. Instead you are here, like the rest of us faggots. so shut up

Its extremely degenerate as the ultimate form of wasting precious time but i confess that i do it too. Not so much nowdays but still.

Serious opinion on gaming is this. That exist to entertain humans. Over time through a study of humans and their interactions with games the games have gotten better at satisfying us.

However they are fulfilling drives and urges that we need. Therefore they are probably very bad in the long run. Success in games fulfills part of you that would otherwise be seeking success in life. Therefore do they not lessen us?

I'm 27 kek.

I very much enjoy video games. I play probably 10 hours or so a week. I know Sup Forums says they are degenerate but I work full time and overtime, I work out at least 5\7 days a week. I socialize with friends at least 3 nights a week, and do not watch television or movies, outside of watching documentaries before bed. If it is something you are your lady have in common and can fellowship over and you still get done what you need to do in life. Go for it. Just do not let it inhibit your future.

Dont listen to them little kid. Its fun and stupid adults just dont understand the "gaming culture".

Styx? Yes you're too old to be playing Minecraft and yes we all think it's pathetic

dont other people hate you for being a gamer in a traditional country like pakistan?

I'm at work paying for everyones neetbux

Do you really need to come onto Sup Forums and be told whether or not you should continue enjoying a hobby that you love and that lets you bond with your wife? What kind of man are you?

game mate just dont let it interfere in your family life etc

if you and your wife enjoy it do it.

my and the wife like to play l4d2 when the kids go to bed lol its nice to download a new custom map and blast through with your partner....then roder a takeaway have a drink then go bed

I do that I'm working hours. For me the conundrum is splitting up my not work hours playing guitar or playing video games

Yeah yeah."we all" disagree.

There really are no good games to keep me playing. Everything on steam is this forever stuck in alpha bullshit and AAA games haven't looked good for at least 4 years now.

Been reading a lot more. At least once a month I sit at the computer and look at steam or check out unfinished games and it's all dreck.

Gaming is definitely superior to television, your wife is right about that at least.

It's clearly an addition that destroys the lives of those hooked on it as badly as the worst narcotics.

Like most things, it's ok in moderation but we have all been there at the end of a 20 hour gaming session totally satiated and wanting more but exhausted enough to just fall asleep.

I was unemployed, had a shit dating life because I had to find women that "accepted me for who I was", and my school was going nowhere as i had already graduated undergrand and was not hearing back from grad school or jobs for a year.

I had just finished a very satisfyingn game of Master of Orion 2, fleets of hundreds of doomstars vs hundreds of doomstars. My mod ship designs against someone elses. We had been playing for days and finally victory. It was to be my dual to end all duals. It was a retro favorite with one of the most satisfying pvp matches I ever had.

And what? Nothing, no point at all. I hated myself and my life. I started jogging and working out, cut my hair, cut games, and applied for work and redoubled my effort with school.

I'm a successful engineer today and I have virtually no time at all for games and see it as petty entertainment. I regret the time I did spend with gaming, it was a total waste of time alone where I didn't live at all. I was chasig a dragon that didn't exist, that feeling as kids when we played games together. I've never felt it again and never will and I'm finally ok with that. I had a blessed childhood to enjoy goldeneye and Smash and Megaman X with groups of my friends, and groups of friends in highschool with Halo 1. but when everything went online, that's when gaming became a fulltime job. I should have quit the second i had to "practice" anything and admit my childhood was over. Yet I stayed in the dark for years through the prime of my life looking at pixels.

We don't care about "Success" in life. We both simply enjoy how realistic and cinematic the games can be. For instance, DeadSpace, Left4Dead, Skyrim, Earlier Assassins Creed etc etc are just really fluid and nice to look at. When we're together in a game as a couple we enjoy the physical and mental connectivity as a couple. I can assure you that its tough to be married cuz we see other couples and they have the same old tedious shit activities that they do together.
How can a console Inhinit somebody's future? If it does, they were dumb enough to deserve it anyway.
My country isn't what you think it is.

There's nothing else to do, I don't even think people are able to enjoy nature or physical excerise (for fun) anymore because we're so jaded and in demand of more and more elaborately crafted things to satisfy our interests and pick our attention. I like to read and learn for example, so playing games makes me feel guilty, but I still do play them occasionally and I don't think that will change in the future.

I believe gaming with a partner is one of the most fun and engaging activities you can do as a couple.

I love playing Action RPGs together with my girlfriend and I seriously believe it helps with communication and also working together in a relationship.

A hundred times more interesting and active than watching movies or series (though that's fun too at times)

Gamers are utterly worthless.

They achieve the same thing as a lab rat pressing a button and yet they think they've won a world war.

Vidya + Pr0n have destroyed a generation of potential men.

In place we have a world of fat boys.

If
You
Want
To
Know
Why
They
Are
Eradicating
Us
It's
Because
We
Make
It
So
Easy

Edit* meant success in "Game" inserting foot in mouth

>he posted on Sup Forums

>l4d with the .mrs past-time

Glorified Skinner Boxes.

t. Larping faggot that only ever build shit out of Lego

Fuck off, I work with metal my whole life and you fags who think that manual labor will somehow raise your testosteron level or make you true man just like you read on Manhood 101 are laughable.
This is some Gavin McKys shit.

>DeadSpace, Left4Dead, Skyrim, Earlier Assassins Creed
plebeian taste
>T. vidya gaems enthusiast since 1997

Metal/wood work beats saving imaginary princesses or levelling up your a soldier in a game made by some faggot in sweden

I have over 300 confirmed metals

If you like games play them, that's it.
Fuck Sup Forums and their fucking meme opinion on video games

Fit is filled with retarded atyention whores.

Now that being said, moderation is best. Moderate gaming combined with moderate workouts is best. If youre doing sports that counts as a workout. The workouts work the body and gaming works the mind. Yes the crossword puzzles in the paper count as gaming.

Did i mention /fit/ should be ignored?

Just dont overdo it and you are ok senpai. I try to limit mine to not more than 5 hours per day. Often, I only pickup my vidya 2 timea in a week.

I'm married to a gamer. He works hard at work, so gaming relaxes him. I don't mind and even though I don't play vidya myself I enjoy watching him play (Bioshock 1 was interesting as hell).

>fuck Sup Forums for saying my hobby is a waste of time!

I thought it was the year 12,017, putting us a lot closer to the 41st millennium.

It's a great challenge for your mind, especially given some games such as Civ.
In countries like mine it's probably also the closest I'll get to doing target practice >.>

I agree that watching sports is not interesting, but sports can be broken into weekly increments. Video games can be played anytime, anywhere. Video game playing is one of the best indicators of being a loser.

Men should be doing maths

How the fuck did you even find a girl like that here? I'm pretty sure you're lying bro. No girl is interested in games here.

Consciousness is a glorified Skinner box.

Really admire what you did man. I know that feel, I know some people still who are busy with their "Clans" online etc. I played lan/online a little but never fell for the 20hr per day job thing as it never appealed to me. You are correct about physical activity, me and waifu both lift and keep ourselves in shape but your story makes me kinda sad. If I give up gaming, the wonder and innocence we as a couple have been sharing might burn out? Dont want to imagine that.
I still like a few tv shows but not on binge watch mode

Here's your red pill...stop giving a shit about what other people think of you.

So recreation is a waste of time? what are you a fucking communist?

And if you're talking about "waste of time" then you shouldn't be on Sup Forums

Who else is buying the Nintendo Switch here? I've always wanted to play Skyrim on the go and now Bethesda and Nintendo have made my dream come true!

no girl is interested in you m8 thats why. Her elder bro had a decked out PC so I guess I'm lucky. Start texting your gaming bros sister, best advice I have for you

Of your own design.

Sorry user did I hurt your feelings? Go slay a dragon in skyrim, that will make baby feel better.

spotted the dyel
you probably like Vegan Gains as well

Does your wife have a sister? None of my friends are interested in games.

It's the same as tv, movies, music, or any other media
I don't know why people get so triggered by it

Gaming has always been meant for adults. Its actually becoming dumbed down for kids.

She's real, just s 350lb nigger.

You try listening to music for 20 hours straight.

They're not the same you tard.

Go play some football games, pakistani.

whats your point you stupid pig

Hey Paki,keep on playing your game because once we hit you,then there would be no lag only players leaving the server.

Fun?

THAT'S HARAM!

Things should be done in moderation, in accordance to your beliefs

Make sure leisure activities aren't taking up more time than neccessary

>implying 20 hour gaming binges are the norm
those people have a problem and should stop
I'd rather play a game for 3-4 hours than watch some stupid series on Netflix in the same time frame

No shes was the only sister to two bros. Best advice I'd give is to marry a younger chick thats impressionable like 19-20 but then even those are LV and Gucci whores now in Pakistan because of #instagram and FB. Brb going to smash my wife to Dovahkiin OST and praise the lawd

Bibliophiles are utterly worthless.

They achieve the same thing as a cow sitting in a field and yet they think they've Aristotle.

Books + tinned food have destroyed a generation of potential men.

In place we have a world of fat boys.

If
You
Want
To
Know
Why
They
Are
Eradicating
Us
It's
Because
We
Make
It
So
Easy

>commies talking about feelings

>this

Only a few titles though. Waiting for Death Stranding now since konami fucked up MGS

FIFA games are for normies

There are great threads on this somewhere in a faraway archive. Basically men are explorers. The most addictive video gamer is actually one who would be the best explorer, free thinker and even revolutionary. Their minds cling to goals and achievement like sunlight on earth.

What has happened in this society is so very simple it actually makes my stomach churn as I type it. There are simply different types of distractions that have been artificially created. All of them are to keep people from being self aware, fully conscious and attuned to the world.

Every form of media has the ability to better a person's life but instead it is used for the most degenerate form of false achievement. Time wasting. News, social rifts, sports, video games, hoisted government funded celebrities, their inner circles all of them controlled.

You are the target. You are the ones being manipulated. It is so easy to influence a generation. Look around at the kids being raised today. Most are fatherless. ALL are indoctrinated in school.

Take me for instance, I relearned the world's entire history after I graduated. Almost everything pushed in that subject are half truths or 100% lies. It's sick. Most humans are not aware of the actual histories of the world. Many are outright censored like Germany (WW1 and WW2 are taught very differently across the world).

I am begging you all. For the future of our world please wake up. Stop wasting time on video games. Take initiative. There are so few of us and I'm scared of what that means for the future. It's not right.

Oh yeah, because if you play games then you must play them for 20 hours straight and there is absolutely no middle ground. Fucking retard.

>mid 30s
>work overnight at walmart for a decade
>come home at 7am
>stream LoL for 6 hours
>wind down as I hate my life
>repeat

>stream LoL for 6 hours
>wind down as I hate my life
play something good you faggot
for fucks sake, play some Heroes of Might and Magic 3

I used to have to force myself to play video games just so I could do anything more productive that using Sup Forums up to 18 hours a day.

>tfw you have a growing backlog of over 200 games across 7 systems but only play one game for the past 2 years.

Help.

>read constantly, study all philosophies and have great mentors
>pour my soul into trying to redpill men through a post on a Mongolian fingerpainting chess board
>nobody reads it
>realize that's the entire world now

I guess that's it. We are alone in this universe after all.

alternate digital realities are empowering and should be used by all men

nah, user, people read your bullshit
but no one cares

Dude if you like gaming, then game. Who gives a fuck? Even Frank Underwood in House of Cards was down with games.

Playing games is far better hobby then drinking or some other destructive hobbies.

Really though every hobby should be done in moderation. Maybe you should pick up another hobby like carpenter or painting. Even candle making or soap maling can be interesting.

There also camping or tons of other activities.