How do you determine what "facts" you deem to be correct and what kind of criteria do you use to determine which...

How do you determine what "facts" you deem to be correct and what kind of criteria do you use to determine which statistics and articles are written truthfully?
Recently the term "fake news" is getting thrown around a lot, so I figured I'd ask for a 3rd party opinion. How does Sup Forums determine the validity of a source?

How can you determine what real or fake even means in a pure essense kind of way? How can you see reality through the abstractions you've been taught to believe

Its whatever suits my narrative of the day (tm)

Obviously you can't, but you have to make some kind of judgement as to what you believe to be true. There is a lot of conflicting information.

An honest answer.

If you can disprove something, it's not a fact.

post more birds getting baths

The left were the ones throwing the fake news meme around, ask them for their definition?

>it suits my narrative so it must have been honest

Your criteria of honesty undermines your call for our criteria for fake news.

You can stop photo shopping faggot.

1.5 million my ass.
What apathetic looser.

"How do you determine what "facts" you deem to be correct and what kind of criteria do you use to determine which statistics and articles are written truthfully?"

Newpapers had an editor in chief. Journalism has turned into activism. Journalists wear their bias like they are proud. This bias creates all sorts of confirmation bias. pic related

this

this f.am

I wish I had more.

This is not about any political party or affiliation but more of a survey. I just want to see the process that anons go through to make decisions.

I mean the perceived difference would be that this is a random answer given by an anonymous person on an image board, rather than something that anyone is claiming to be fact or truth. It just seemed self-reflective so I called it "honest".

>here's a photo hours before the inauguration, while it was raining, that isn't near the capital building
>you're proven wrong now

That is a fucking college football stadium. Half full means that there are anywhere between 10,000-50,000 people in attendance.

This is true, 1.5 mill is way too low.

did you notice the lens used?

how much longer can they squeeze this inaugural crowd thing? they're acting like they won election
please trump I know you're in this thread
post some stars of david on twitter again so they talk about something else

CUTE!
PEEPS!

it's hard
look for primary sources
follow the money
study epistemology so that you are better equipped to determine the veracity of claims

oh, i don't know, maybe try READING?

I use logical reductionism, follow my gut feeling, do research

Also sometimes psychedelic drugs help shatter biases you never knew you had

Generally, I pay attention to details, and if I find one thing in an article being outright false, I consider the rest of it most likely is trash.