Trump and the Environment

Can somebody please explain to me why I keep seeing articles about Trump's presidency meaning destruction of the environment (besides media bias)? And I'm not talking about climate change, I mean things like pollutant management and the removal of protective regulations.

Because I keep seeing this shit posted everywhere. Can somebody just give me the truth? Even if he's planning on raping Mother Earth's face I'd like to know about it so I can be informed during discussions.

It seems to me like he's focused on restructuring regulatory agencies and lifting certain regulations on businesses. Are any of his policies going to lead directly to environmental degradation?

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/us-manufacturing-dead-output-has-doubled-in-three-decades-2016-03-28
youtube.com/watch?v=86dzRQHUv2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>trump hates the environment
>leaves litter everywhere after protesting him

He wants to severly neuter the EPA and get rid of pollution regulations

Because he wants NASA to take us to Mars, not be a money sink for "climate change" monitoring.

Because he's draining the swamp in the EPA and parks service

If we are as fucked as "97% of scientists" claim we are then there is no hope.

With China, and India, and ALL OF AFRICA industrializing, America going zero emission would delay the apocalypse by like 10 years.

THIS.

There are no "clean air" laws in the thitd world like there are in the west, that's why you can't see the sky in those cities and that's why carbon emissions keep increasing.

Is he doing this for economic purposes? Which regulations is he changing? Which parts of the EPA is he neutering?

Someone redpill me on climate change, is the manmade argument true? Sources would be nice

Pretty sure he just wants to kill the epa off

He's actually talked about getting rid of the EPA entirely and leaving it up to the states.

The world is currently fucked beyond repair. There is no way to reverse the current state of the environment with our current technology, and without any companies willing to make meaningful changes to their waste practices. However, we are very close to being able to establish colonies on other planets and the moon. Which sounds like a safer bet for the future of humanity?

Trump is tired of seeing things like pic related.

Americans need factories, power plants and refineries.

Americans can't build those in the US, because of regulations

Americans pay for them to be created in Mexico (or elsewhere), the new factories are much worse for the environment than if they had been built in the US.

Now we are paying other countries to build their infrastructure, create jobs, and destroy the environment much more than if we had done it ourselves, who wins here?

It's just Saudi propaganda that the Dems get paid to push. They want America to buy their oil instead of creating our own energy. That is literally all.

Yes. Find any damn peer reviewed study.

>Americans can't build those in the US, because of regulations

Bullfuckingshit.

Big secret in the open is manufacturing returned to the US post 2008. It's just that the jobs didn't come back, because the factories are automated.

'Americans' who don't hold capital don't benefit of course, but that's why the 1% feeds you nationalism.

>(((peer review)))

Donald and others like him are only a symptom of the greater problem of our entire socioeconomic system. It is impossible to live on a planet where we keep the biosphere intact, but have billions of people competing for a standard of living that is completely unsustainable (that of the United States). Unfortunately the faggots on this board don't understand that having an economic paradigm of infinite growth and muh jobs isn't possible on a planet with finite resources. We are no where near the technological ability to harvest the infinite resources that exist in the universe, so we'll squabble and kill each other over the last remaining ones on Earth in a giant race to the bottom. We had a shot of being a truly interstellar species and living sustainably, but we gave it up so that a tiny amount of humans could get more zeroes in their bank accounts. I can't predict the future, but I do know that if humanity continues on it's current course, none of what we have worked for will matter because we will go back to the Stone Age. Wow guys, who knew that destroying all of your natural carbon sinks like rainforests and glaciers, dumping billions of tons of toxic chemicals into the ocean, and strip mining entire ecosystems into extinction was a bad idea?

Industrialization has destroyed this planet, and even as the system falls apart right before our eyes and becomes more dystopic everyday, you faggots will remain in denial that Western Civilization was a meme and we fucked our one chance of making it off this rock and populating the stars.

I still can't believe nobody found a way of cleaning the earth of carbon emissions and fixing the ozone layer

You would think people would be working on it considering otherwise we're going to get freezed and barbecued in 20 years, I'd think it's a top priority

can you share some of whatever you are smoking?

better check that aluminum hat while you are at it if you don't believe that the US factories, refineries and power plants/ clean coal are getting hit hard by the EPA.

The worst part is that this does not make sense, we still need all of these and it costs much more and it is much worse for the environment to have other countries do the dirty work

Because muh environment is the biggest money maker for many businesses, government officials and scientists

what exactly are the "problems" that the "ozone layer" or "carbon emissions" are causing?

Right now we only have projections of what they will do in the future.

As soon as we actually see some of these dreaded "consequences" we will do what humans do best, we will find a way to clean and fix, just like we have always done.

Faggot, you are so ill-informed it'd be funny if you weren't trying to spread your stupidity. Please kill yourself.

marketwatch.com/story/us-manufacturing-dead-output-has-doubled-in-three-decades-2016-03-28

Hottest 4 years on record were when?

You're so totally right. You should get ahead of the game and kill yourself now.

Nah Uruguaybro, climate change is a meme, billions and billions of humans can surely keep on destroying the very thing that keeps us all alive for the sake of 'economic growth', and there will be no repercussions. What's that you say? We've already reached the tipping point to turn around the warming of the planet that will devastate crop cycles and kill billions? What's that you say, we can't just keep killing of entire ecosystems that is a greater part of the entire food chain of this planet? No way, I don't like that, let's just pretend it doesn't exist so that me and my billionaire buddies will make out like bandits at the expense of the taxpayers (again), and count another couple notches on the path to extinction and biological devastation.

t. Donald Trump

No, we know how to solve it. People don't want to do it.

The EPA has become overly corrupt and is used to take money away from development at absurd rates. It's not that the environment doesn't matter, it's that the people who are suppose to protect it just use it as a money grab and control mechanism, which weakens our economy

you are so fucking stupid. Go drown yourself, you worthless fucking nobody.

>le global warming

It's a myth, get over it.

There are 7 billion people in this planet, just belching, farting and shitting is enough to affect the environment. What are you going to do short of killing 6 billion?

People who think that shutting down power plants and refineries in the US is going to do anything are bad at math. First of all what you save would be negligible, if shutting them down meant you did not need them. Second of all, since you need them it just means they will be created somewhere else and pollute twice as much as if you had built them locally.

No, it's not. War is, and probably always will be. The U.S. economy spends trillions on war. Stay delusional though faggot that scientists who have been in their field for decades and are concerned about the stability of the planet as a whole for future generations are doing it just to scam taxpayers.

Why Scott Pruitt is a Dangerous Nominee for Head of the EPA

MAKE AMERICAN SICKER DUMBER AND STUPID AGAIN

>Africa
>Industrializing

If by that you mean they are actually withering away into dust

Nah, crying MAGA are the idiots that think manufacturing jobs are ever coming back. They're down in China as well.

Keep on fucking that chicken while you're working at Carl's JR though.

Germany, everyone.

I'll consider your opinion valid when you slip the brown cock out of your gaping asshole and become a world power again.

honestly don't give a fuck about "hottest", don't care about "melting", don't care about "water temperature"

I am talking about consequences that matter, show me california going under water, new york sinking etc, and I will show you the ingenuity of humans dealing with it.

What is more, once we start dealing with it, we will also deal with the underlying problems, be it carbon or ozone. Humans are a pretty amazing virus

Can I get a quick rundown

>EPA budget less than 10 billion dollars a year
>US is going to spend likely 700 billion dollars on the military this year

Yeah I'm sure that it's not the giant military industrial complex bureaucracy that is the problem, it's for sure the people in the EPA who want the planet to be habitable for future generations. The faggots on this board are some of the most consciously stunted people on the planet.

Go live on the moon right now faggot.

to be fair, everyone knows litter in a city is going to be picked up, some shit that happens in some remote mining site might not be.

The problem is not with the 10B dollars a year we spend in the EPA, it is with the 353B per year that the EPA regulations are costing us (and associated loss of jobs)

Because if you aren't 100% for Marxist progressivism then you are evil

That's a fucking cop out and you know it. Leftists should dispose of their trash the proper way if they claim to "care for the environment" so much

>individual action is what stops environmental destruction!

Same bullshit lie given by corporate state for decades. Let me guess, you don't support plastic bag bans?

In all truth, the planet has it's own cycles of heating and cooling. In which we are on the mid to later phase of a heating cycle. The peak should have been somewhere around 500+ years from now, but due to our consumption it is moving faster and will happen somewhere around 100-150 years from now instead. Either way it will happen though. You could reset us to the stone age and it would still happen.

The more reasonable people agree there is man-made climate change but also agree that it's negligible in preventing it. The planet warms and cools, we can't stop that cycle and in reality you wouldn't want to stop it some say. The problem is in how fast it happens and whether we exacerbated it which we did according to most.

However, crunching numbers with no regard for emotions (muh polar bears are so cute) you come to the conclusion that no amount of consumption change would retard the change. You literally can't change the consumption habits of humans to affect any change in a negative direction. You can minimize/slow the change but not reverse it. Even if we stopped existing it would still happen in around 400 years at this point. Just the facts.

Quite a few people though believe in another concept which is proactive measures against it. Instead of curbing consumption you seek ways to actively fight it. One fanciful idea proposed was gigantic greenhouse factories in the amazon and subtropical regions that would convert pollutants into constituent parts so as to forcefully make a dent in it, but they would be prohibitively expensive and require one world government type scenarios which we don't have right now. Another idea was seeding the oceans with iron particulates to encourage massive algae blooms. Pretty much massive carbon sinks. While much cheaper and easier the science behind the ecological effects are not known yet.

Will it destroy human civilization?

Unlikely. A cataclysmic armageddon scenario will never happen unless some unforeseen stellar disaster happens, like being hit by an asteroid or two.

Shit will suck though but humanity has lived through worse with less before.

You really just don't get it. Preserving the environment is the most important thing, it keeps all of us alive. How do you not see that? Every species that goes extinct is a huge blow to the local and then global ecosystems. Preserving nature and biodiversity is the big picture, not whatever 'jobs' that this senseless economy can create. But hey man, what do I know, let's keep going! Drill baby drill, let's also frack our local fresh water supplies into oblivion as well. Not enough for you? Hell, we can also over fish almost every staple food supply in the ocean as well!

It's not debatable that human industrial activity has brought about what biologists call the Sixth Mass Extinction. It's not hyperbole. Humans have already affected the biodiversity of this planet for millions of years, and it's only going to get worse. But all the faggots on this board can talk about is having more children (which exacerbates all of the problems I already mentioned in this thread) and muh jobs. You faggots don't get the bigger picture, and that is why this civilization is dying and will die.

>You faggots don't get the bigger picture

Take your lesson to heart if you honestly think what you wrote down.

You're right, humanity will live through it, but it's going to be hunter gatherers and other low tech societies. We have squandered the resources nature has given us, and the price that we will pay is everything that humanity has worked for over the last 15,000 years.

So your solution is what? Becoming a hunter gathering low tech society by choice or as a result of massive civil collapse?

How is that even a reply? You know you can't refute anything that I have said because it is true. We are all going to lose, and maybe we won't pay the price, but our kids and their grandkids certainly will. I promise you the future of humans and life on this planet is not going to be pretty. Species are dying at 1000x the normal background rate, and human industrial civilization is directly to blame. We'll deny it to the very end, but don't say you dumb faggots weren't warned.

>How is that even a reply?

I presume you know how to read.

For many, not all parts of government and business.

The solutions are well known. Investment in switching our energy systems to carbon neutral ones. And sadly, because I love meat, drastic reductions in livestock, or lab meat.

That's really, literally, all it takes.

Why do you waste your time on autists on this board. They believe they will all be as rich as their God emperor some day. Let them be happy that's the only thing these imbeciles have.

Would the US alone do that save the planet and mankind then?

The US doesn't have to - see the Paris agreement.

However the US is most able to, because the US consumes by far a disproportionate amount of resources, especially carbon generation.

I really don't understand how the right wing opposed carbon taxes - it's a market solution to an externality. It's why the right-wing is obviously oligarchical, not market or meritocracy, based.

Of course the fact that they cut estate BEFORE income taxes should show you that as well.

And do you think that there exists a political entity in the US that isn't the same?

Can you put me in touch with whoever pays you to be an empty-minded shill? I'd like to get in on that action.

>Right now we only have projections of what they will do in the future.

Bullshit.
higher rates of hurricanes,increased droughts in the Sahel, acidification of the oceans, fishing stocks moving further north, all caused by climate change, which CO2 is the main driver of.

Neoliberalism is both parties, of course. However given the Democratic version of that (DNC) just self-destructed you're going to see that party quickly move to the Sanders wing instead.

Because a part of me still has scant hope that the consciousness on this planet can be changed, but each day I grow more bitter and cynical that all most people care about is muh children and muh jobs. This board is great, and I love it, but it seems like the majority of people will never be able to connect that all government activity reflects economic activity, but if your 'economy' is about nothing more than consumption and doesn't actually have a goal (like, for instance, creating a sustainable future for all of mankind instead of a few people living like Gods with almost of all of the wealth, and the crashing and burning the current civilization into the ground until the cycle repeats itself), then there really is no hope. I'm going for a run, these autists don't even have coherent arguments to justify themselves.

He likes nuclear, we need more of that and less coal bullshit.

Well he hired a man to head EPA who wanted to outright get rid of the agency

The fuck are you talking about? By the time we hit peak oil, electric cars and "green energy" will be so cheap that the transition will be painless.

Some of his buildings won awards for being green but like he said, what good is being green when China and other emerging countries from other parts of the world isn't following along, might as well take those factory jobs and bring them back here.

Lefty as fuck, and I'm down with this. Prefer solar, but if we can ditch coal and oil bring on the fucking nukes.

It's not equal to the rights at all, but the anti-science crap of the left (nuclear, and GMOs) has got to go as well.

>might as well take those factory jobs and bring them back here.

>yfw factory jobs in China are going down
>yfw US manufacturing is at an all time high
>yfw manufacturing jobs have been automated away and are never coming back
>yfw you don't have a face

See this type of shit also, you autists are literally the simbiotic equals of shills. If someone doesn't agree with your sheeple mentality you automatically assume they are shills. You fucking idiot.

I'm right there with ya user.

>"I'm not a shill, YOU'RE the shill!"
>"Boy, I really showed him."

You're really transparent. Shouldn't you be off marching somewhere?