Why do liberals love books written for pre-teens?

Why do liberals love books written for pre-teens?

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.arts.books/K32zC4wS3nU/EuSQIny_eyMJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they can ""understand"" them

stop browsing the YA section

I said that just yesterday.
Millenials, mostly women once heard that "reding mages u smert", however they lack the mental capacity to read history, politics or philosophy, so they settle for children's books.

>"Pet me! Piggy" sends a really important message both about the nature and importance of family unit, but also referencess views expressed by Plato in "Nation" that people with no responsibilities and only living for pleasure are no different than pigs, the parallels between men and pigs, with mommy-pig breastfeeding her offspring, and taking care of them until they grow up, is extremely touching.

Domesticated animals are kept in a permanent state of juvenile. Dogs bark because they are forever-puppies. Wolves rarely bark once reaching adulthood.

Modern society is so safe, so docile, that people have been domesticated. "Adults" read children books, watch children films, and even speak like children. They have no hardship to force them into adulthood.

They're people who seem to be only able to define themselves by what they consume instead of what they want to put forward. They need to be able to associate the entirety of real life with the works of fiction they can't stop obsessing over and define themselves by.

It isn't different much at all from bronies.

>bookstores sell ""Adult"" coloring books
JUST

Liberalism is rooted in the belief that fantasy is real.

inb4 harry potter copypasta. also requesting it

What was the last book you read, Sup Forums?

>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on audiobook

I like adult coloring books. They help me work on my shading.

Reading a book about a famous dutch criminal right now. (it's a national bestseller)

Books? That would imply liberals even read books. We all know they are actually referring the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Then you're not using them as intended.

Polish modernist fantasy book about an exorcist from the countryside, like Witcher but less edgy.

S-source?

Because they have a fundamental need for religion, but they reject it.

Poor literacy

>Polish modernist fantasy book about an exorcist from the countryside
pilipiuk is as YA as it gets

I agree with your post, but your image is shit

The idea for Harry Potter was stolen.

Sure, but I don't consider it a generation-defining book, neither do I use it to draw political parallels.
My previous book was Suvorov's GRU

Catch 22
How is it possible to sell food at a low price and buy more food at a higher price and make a profit? It should be impossible, is the solution somehow related to the war?

Like every child, they want to live an adventurous life, to commit feats, and they associate themselves with fictional characters, who fight for the greater good(tm).

Mazinkaiser

>Les Mis in Anything but shit tier
>Catch 22 and BNW anywhere below God-Tier
>1984 In a higher Tier than BNW
>Glow in the dark on the list at al
>Clifford For President anywhere below god tier

I have some issues with the image

>Atlas Shrugged
>The Great Gatsby

Look, TGG is a great book, but nowhere near "god-tier". Atlas Shrugged is just shit, with shit writing.

damm that is some cold truth . we need more people like you here Aussie Bro

Trigger Warning

Their world views are not based in reality.

The republic by Plato

NERRRRD!
*gives noogie*

>tfw I was always a grade ahead in reading and vocabulary in school but I don't like reading books

I, robot

Re-read The Prince by Machiavelli.

people in the west,including "educated" people, no longer read the bible or classic literature, and thus they can only make allusions to garbage genre fiction (harry potter or game of thrones)

How new?

At least broners are a little more politically balanced than fucking harrypotheads, who are pretty consistently SJW shitlibs.

dont read books anymore.
They are all opinions. All of them.

>that nuclear tier obliteration of Rowling

>why do 20-somethings have a soft spot for a franchise that was huge in pop culture during their formative years 10 years ago?

It isn't different much at all from Sup Forumstards

Why do liberals love "news" like the Daily Show? Why do liberals think it's okay to chimp out against people who disagree with them? Why do liberals offer simplistic solutions like "just have government give people money!" and think that cutting taxes across the board means that Republicans are sucking rich dick? Why do liberals simultaneously claim that Trump is mean because he's going to slash programs that generally benefit the poor while saying the poor can go fuck themselves for voting for Trump to halt outsourcing?

Liberals are retarded children, that's why

>Hamlet low tier
>Tolkien shit tier
>The Count of Monte Cristo God tier

you fucked up good with that list my man

You forgot that liberal women are gud at English and Creative Writing

It's a pretty good read thus far.

I enjoyed Harry Potter books and movies as a kid (last book came out when I was 12, last movie when I wast 16ish), and I'm a borderline fascist.

I guess that's the difference though, I enjoyed them as a kid and may some day read them with my kids, but I haven't touched or thought about those books as an adult.

That's an ooooold Sup Forums and /lit/ pasta. Still good though

I get you're using irony but that book in the picture is definitely a lady's minge-tickling book

Yeah they are called Mandalas

The Count of Monte Cristo is in the right spot.

What is this supposed to be, a list of books you read in highschool?

>read
>audiobook

All of my wut

See
It's not to be taken seriously

God fucking damn I'd buy you a pint son. Nail on the head.

This post should have 50 replies.

Abba Bessarion is best Abba

Monsoon - Wilbur Smith

it is when their brains stopped developing

Wow, that actually made me think.

They are trying to meme.... but they are so bad at it.

IT's like a 50 car pileup.

Is it okay if I keep reading Discworld though?

>"No!"
Everytime

And also much like domesticated animals, if some disaster happened, most of the domesticated won't make it.

... I can't even remember.

It was a long time ago, so I'm not quite sure
Probably a Larry Niven book about fucking aliens or something

because they are children

Blood Bowl rulebook

But I'm going to read economy of the roman empire in 3 days

The fuck is this shit, and i thought the plot of the cat who walks through walls was retarded.

pigs and dogs do alright, so do cats

cattle, small dogs, horses, and birds are always fucked

funny enough cats are only "sorta" domesticated,s once they can go feral like a switch, pigs turn into boars if they run wild, and dogs quickly turn back into pack animals

whats interesting is when a pig goes feral and turns into a boar it can never be domesticated again

The Quest by Daniel Yergin

Confessions of a crap artist. Just two days ago.

>aliens fucking
fify

Currently reading Dracula, a favorite.

the face of battle by john keegan, currently reading a bright shining lie by neil sheehan

The bubble of comodity is about to burst, i've been saying this for a while now to people. But ofc, they don't care.

Goddamn based user. Someone buy this guy a drink.

This is the faggiest shit I've ever read.

>What a nerdy refrence, i got that xD

Am I the only one who doesn't see stuff like Harry Potter or Star Wars as that nerdy? It's too popular for me to see it as something like that, which is probably REALLY unfair because the normies have most definitely infiltrated it.

Ouch.

t. video game and anime enthusiasts

On the Social Contract - Rousseau

t. video game and anime enthusiasts

Fate of Worlds by Larry Niven.

>tfw had a reading age of 13 at 6 years old

Anime is for mature adults such as myself.

Dumas could have cut 200 pages. It should be moved down 1 tier or that

Why do socially crippled white "men" love anime so much?

Das Glasperlenspiel by Hesse.
In German.

>video games
Maybe an hour or so a week

>anime
Lolno

On Death and Dying

Because that is their mental age.

Someone /thread me please.

The late founder of Artificial Intelligence (he invented the term), inventor of LISP language, graduate of Caltech and Princeton, arch-Conservative, and endowed professor at Stanford, John McCarthy enjoyed reading Harry Potter. He posted about it on USENET in this and other posts: groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.arts.books/K32zC4wS3nU/EuSQIny_eyMJ

Not that the average Harry Potter reader is anything like that guy, one of the most important figures in computer science, but interesting regardless.

You came in way too late Hans.

you do realize harry potter was written when they were preteens right...

The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise.

Hairy Pothead is the SJW Bible.

It's actually extremely popular among blacks, too. I've known more black weeaboos than white ones.

>What was the last book you read, Sup Forums?
> audiobook