youtube.com/watch?v=XXGbyjUMjNE
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8QD9MXEiU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What happened to naked marble statues?

Art?

More like fArt!

XD

Trump is ending government funding for the arts, mostly modern art effected because no patrons actually want that shit.

t. artist

you have to taste the marble

stop funding it

We're not going to. We're going to cool it with the grass roots activism, get a cup of tea, and discuss waifus. Okay?

It'll come with time, potentially. A big part of the reason art seems so conceptual and retarded now days is because of the 60's and all that draftdodger hippie shit that really permeated American colleges at the time. Basically, it was baby boomers and (((other individuals))) screaming for change. look at all the art from the 70's and 80's and even architecture, it's all ugly and heady. The average working class schlub cant grasp it. Point is, I think now is the time for a resurgence of representational art and so do a lot people i talk to.

Honestly, Id say as reactionary or right wing opinions keep gaining traction in the west, so too will the rise of non degenerate art.
youtube.com/watch?v=XXGbyjUMjNE

It's stuck, like any self-fellating system.

Thousands of people's careers rest on keeping up the illusion of worth, it's like expecting a feminism professor to admit that women are okay nowadays.
The moment it breaks, their life's work is as good as one in alchemy.

As an artist myself, I actually hate modern art and everything it stands for and hate many artist mentality mindset. I started realized when in college at School of Visual Arts. Funny enough, college turned me away from liberalism and more toward conservatism after having deal with their crap.

How do you leave your glasses on the floor?

Explain further

Go make some art thats better then.

I lived in nyc with a good friend of mine who was an SVA grad. That year was a big reason I went right. Schools like that and U Arts in philly are both pretty bad. Any school that has a performance art program typically has a large body of students who seem to lack self awareness. But even at my school which drills the fundamentals of figure drawing and perspective down ur throut isnt immune.

modern art is just a method of money laundering for the mega rich

My favorite is still the one about the janitor who cleaned up 'modern art' think it was trash.

Art shouldn't be a class and it shouldn't get subsidy. If your passion is to be an artist then go for it but don't give an art study the same presumed relevance as a proper study.

art is a reflection of the soul of the artist. If what is produced is empty and without meaning then you exactly what type of person produced it.

You don't need to fix art, you need to fix people. Some people will use art to fill the vacuum in their lives and they will produce something beautiful. Although if you are such a nihilistic jackass and value nothing why someone expect that person to produce anything of value?

by (((contemporary definition))), to leave glasses on the floor to see what happens is actually art

Yes, even in the Renaissance days most of the artists were doing it as a hobby except the ones that got really good.

To be fair, he was right.

>A board with heavy biases against many forms of media hates a topic that have very little understanding in and demands it to be changed to fill in to what they prefer

Why?
Art is a hobby for many,a form of expression for some and both for all.

I mean I know some of you believe Hitler's art was better than average or amazing, but you cannot be this delusional.

Any pictures of the dragon?

Yeah. The problem is when the shove politics in class when you really there just learn and improve your art skills which was the point and intent of me going there in first place, not gender politic and all that crap. Granted there were few classes I did like that didn't do this and had a good experience on, like sculpture (something i never done before and enjoy doing and learning about it.) and there was a class about perspective I enjoyed.

I went SVA from 06 to 08, though oddly non of that crap was shoved in me those years. I did get depress/ suicidal so i left to heal up. After i got better, went back in 2012. That's when it really shift to me. I went to the school initially believing for long time going be a comic artist as i do love to draw and like comics/animation/anime/manga etc. During 2012 to 2014 years, I got constant crap about how the way i draw women offended them or that i'm not drawing them "correctly" and BS like that. These are same types that usually draw those "tumblr" style drawings characters you see online. Also didn't help that professor didn't stop the crap and only encourage it more. I remember one of my professor was showing this BS site the "hawkeye initiative" in a way as if we should feel ashame to "objectify" women but giving counterpoint of if men were in skimpy outfits and etc.

I usually raw women in conservative 80's/early 90's model outfits so I still don't get the constant crap aim to me other than that they're either jealous i'm a good drawer and and draw figures well or jealous how good my females look.

Can't blame them

I wish I could draw only to become the next A Wyatt Mann.

>Gendo's glasses aren't art
PLEBS

>take piece of cardboard
>scribble weird shit with crayons
>sell to some liberal museum
>get 100 gorillion shekels

They were too gay.

No one is talented or strong-willed enough nowadays to spend thousands of hours carving, by hand, a masterpiece out of stone. The days of magnificent visual art are long gone and they're never coming back.

Make it anime

fuck off you pedo kangaroo

How can people so dripping in post-modern thought think to criticize your art and how you portray women? Isn't that just a bit hypocritical? I suppose not if you are also a marxist and view art as just another tool of the oppressor.

I am sorry that you had to deal with that, it sounds horribly depressing. have some lesbian school girls, on me.

>top right

SHINPACHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

DONDAKEEE

HAHAH

That was a good one user :p

This. Artists with actual skills will always be able to sell their stuff, either as decoration or fap material. That's how it has worked through history.
It's the snowflakes whose shit no one but other starving snowflakes want to see the ones that are gonna get fucked over.

You can blame the CIA for funding this nonsense during the cold war as part of their cultural warfare with the Soviet Union.

Art quality : Hilter refused in art school

I heard a conspiracy about art, that I feel I agree with firmly.

Modern art can be seen as a front conjured up by museums and wealthy collectors/investors. It's a symbiotic relationship. The rich donors and collectors provide money in the form of donations or buying up pieces in auction(this is like a tax loophole) This income keeps the museum running and makes a lot of people filthy rich, this in turn increases the value of pieces of art exponentially. What do the wealthy do with the art? Apparently they're stored away in privately owned buildings, covered in tarp, until the wealthy buyers go bankrupt and need a quick million to get back on track.

And where do the modern art pieces come from? "Chosen Ones" get let in. However mostly, the homeless/dead losers/bohemian drunks and crackheads who took the $1000+ checks for drugs and alcohol and got told to fuck off.

The psychology on how it became popular? There's tons of documentaries about it.

I think they just want excuse to complain about something. I just got over them and not give a fuck. still continue do what I do.

you can't

its a very successful liquidity system used by the uber rich

you can't fix it

I think it's fun.

I got to throw shoes.

YOU'RE JUST TOO BLIND TO UNDERSTAND IT

His paintings weren't terribly good and The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna was one of the best schools that ever existed

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Stll horrible paintings looks like numeroted colors

You know Hitler's art was just average?

An equivalent comparison is some dorky kid making a typical sorting program on C++ as his demo for a tech school not being accepted over the dorks that made much more complex programs.

I don't quite see how the scribbles from the 2nd and 4th artists are more complex than Hitlers.

Because sculpting a bunch of sticks and a shitty drawing of a fat whale are like making a complex program.
His art is nothing impressive but it's better than that.

His art was good, he had potential. That's kind of the point to going to art school, to develop potential.

Hitler's paintings still weren't that good.
Also, that image is fucking retarded. The bottom two i couldn't care less about but the guy under hitler is Egon Schiele. He died by age 27 and was doing those portraits in the 1920's which is pretty incredible considering how ahead of their time they appear, regardless wether or not you love or hate them. And it's worth noting that schiele was stupid good at drawing. He did stuff like that after he had years of stodgy classical training in figure drawing and painting.

He did < this drawing at age 17 and just got better from there and then decided to depart from the academic style to do something completely different (although heavily influenced by Klimt at first). That being said a lot of crazy abstract artists do have formal training and do know the fundamentals but choose not to obverse them and 9/10 times its all stupid garbage honestly.

Have any of your art to share?

So they are shit but it's fine because he was doing it ironically.

Implying this is an era where things are considered too gay

with another jewlocaust

technically, yes - anything is actually art. that doesn't automatically make it good or make it so that it must be perceived as such. art is subjective. sorry user, you're just gonna have to get over it.

found the kike! found the kike!

exactly lil dood

Mirin

for these subhumans degeneracy and horrible things are better art than beautiful things... fucking kikes

hahahaahh LOOOOL XD XD XD XD LMFA0!

I'd agree but after 2 rejections he got drafted and went onto other things

fuck off with this meme

everyone knows exhibition art is money laundering for the rich, it can be super shitty and it doesn't matter, they use it to avoid taxes and purchase these crap pieces while the artists are in on it and get a small percentage.

there are a ton of obscure artists you and I don't even know about that are talented.

I actually laughed. I need to be gassed.

Fuck this deep layer of irony

Disgusting she is forty.

I understand the jewish art, as jews are so ugly, degenerate and primitive; ugly, degenerate and primitive art is better for them, they can't understand the evolutive things and I understand that, it's like dogs, dogs neither can't understand it nor apes. Give to a jew a piece of master music and he converts it in shekels and degeneracy for the impure goyim.

ENTARTETE KUNST

>hurr modern art
>hopper

this jew world order glorifies involution and primitivism and blames sophistication, non-materialism and humanity

>anything can be art these days
When has this not been the case ever? Art was originally copies of things found in nature.

oh shit denmark keeping it 100

>Things that took at least some form of skill (Even if it didn't require much) to copy nature
>Shitting on a blank sheet of paper
Totes the same thing guise. Btw look at my shit on this paper, I'm an artist XD

iIf yall hate contemproray art, yall should stop memeing, because memes are epitome of current contemporary art.

Just abandon it.

It doesn't feel as interesting anymore. Today you can cheat with computers and with power-tools. You don't need the same talent and time investment as in the past. If you can carve a statue that technically can compete with something from Michelangelo, no matter what you do, it won't feel as impressive next to his statues from 500 years ago.

Here you go, smth more complex. Just compare that to jewish autism we observe now

you are exagerating, only small part of contemporary art is actually like that. See what goes on at art messes, venice bienalle,etc..art which aims for shock only...like shit on paper as you say, is seen there very rarely and quite often snubbed and looked down from people who actually matter in contemporary arts scene/industry.

You should have taken some courses in basic English, buddy.

Not abstract enough, you need to boil the jew down to its symbolic core

$

post some art, m8

Some French artist tired of how self-absorbed and stupid critics were decided to make a toilet and call it art expecting the critics to realize it's shit and not art and to also realize the newer fads though innovative aren't art. But instead the critics thought that the toilet was magnificent, rebellious and bold and that's how critics kept promoting shit pieces rather than art.

>fArt
>gassed

You clever bastard

>ahead of their time
doing sucky art before it's cool doesn't make it any less sucky

Fine
>Hey guise, not only did I shit on a blank piece of paper, but now I've put a wig on it
>It's totes even more artsy and very deep and complex as it explores the ideals of communism in a 13th century African prison
Ya no, the baby should be tossed out with the bath water when it comes to contemporary art. The entire scene needs to be torched and rebuilt.

open your eyes
there is art happening at hewillnotdivideus

youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8QD9MXEiU

You need to go back, Carlos

Who cares? He got his point across.

kek

Still doing classes at a SVA. One of the intro-level courses was an art history course wherein the professor taught us the definition of art by comparing pic related to a rock found at some other cave-dwelling. Said rock had naturally-formed indentations that made it resemble a face. Prof went down the line asking each of us: which is art, which is not?

General consensus was that they were both art because they were visually interesting to look at. We were half-right; the definition we left with is that art encompasses any man-made entity created with deliberate intent of eliciting some aesthetic (in this case visual) response in the viewer.

One the one hand I admire that definition for its clear-cut nature and complete lack of any appeal to emotion. On the other hand that definition that gives talentless hacks to commit all sorts of dumbass antics, and still call their paint-enema on a canvas a work of art under the claim of "stream of the subconscious mind" rather than the literal stream of shit that it actually is.

My major may just be comic book illustration, but that shit requires knowledge of human anatomy, perspective, rendering light and shadow, page/panel composition, color theory, etc. - all knowledge that can be applied outside my chosen field for things like portraiture or storyboarding for motion-picture if I so choose.

western art has become a money laundering front.