80's Military photos thread

The 80's are the undisputed king of military style. Post operators, war pics, military gear, and vehicles from the most aesthetic decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-3KFTIWbpZw
popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a23738/uss-zumwalt-ammo-too-expensive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump for interest

> The 80's are the undisputed king of military style.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=-3KFTIWbpZw

Reminder that the US Military is a pathetic hollow shell of what it was in the 80s or evens the 90s and early 2000s for that matter.

Grozny was in the 90s but same gear more or less.

woops

by what metric

80s was uggo as shit

my slavshit folder is too unorganized

give me pics with 7.62x51 nato, it gives me a hardon

Great thread

>seeing all my dad's disposable camera photos from his time in the military in the 80s only years before I was born
>tfw looking at them and realizing I'll never be half the man he was

Bumping for massive interest

an army of deadheads ready to attack boredom and mediocrity in 1985

Nice

TACTICAL CHUCK TAYLORS!

A friend and I are working on an ArmA III mission right now using reskinned "Marriot" trucks to sneak a platoon of Army Rangers into a Panamanian villa.

>US created the most powerful naval force in human history
>tfw it's a fucking joke filled with sheboons and commies now
it hurts

Sneak sneakers?

Photos during the commie uprising.

They were mean green fighting machines. All the desert camo they have now makes them look like boy scouts.

I AM LURKING IN THIS THREAD

>Turns tried and true battleships into museum pieces
>Replaces them with the Zumwalt-class destroyers, which on top of looking like a piece of shit, doesn't even have a working gun

popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a23738/uss-zumwalt-ammo-too-expensive/

>inb4 Battleships are expensive and will be sunk when the shit hits the fans

That's true with virtually all surface ships desu. Admiral Karl Dönitz himself once pointed to a picture of empty ocean and said that was the future of naval power (I'll let you figure out what he meant).

dont even fucking bring it up lad. Have a friend whos in the Navy. Talked to him about it friday night and its not as bad as you think. No one there actually cares about the mandatory shit they need to do like rape prevention

This is what my dad did when he was in. He was a gunner on a fucking dune buggy.

Remember when leftists used to try and overthrown governments instead of trash cans?
pepperidge farms remembers.

They were called FAV's and were used as light anti-tank assault vehicles

Did not know about this. Mexican history is crazy as fuck.

There is a pussy-hat and leftie chicanos joke here somewhere. It has to involve the ezln masks and rioting against the new elect president.

Halp.

Lucky fucker, I was about to post that.

That's one of two photos I have of US Marines using PASGT gear in Lebanon.

Anyone got any info on how many were issued, who they were issued to, and whether or not any of the troops killed in the barracks attack were wearing them (it might've saved at least one or two of them compared to the M1)?

I'm trying to enlist. Went to MEPS to take the ASVAB and there were a few cuties there trying to enlist in the navy.

what a waste of life
all these people killed for nothing.

Being in the military during the 80s must have been awesome. Jungle combat against an easier target. (Easier than the Vietcongs)

Obligatory

>when chilling with the hood but your military base gets attacked

Aren't anti-government uprisings in Latin America more racially motivated than anything else?

I've always been under the impression that shit like FARC and the Sandinistas was basically a repeat of the Indian Wars by another name (impoverished Natives fighting against the national government, which is dominated by those with lighter skin color)?

Also posting rare Iran-Iraq Wars (possibly the only time the US Military have ever actually fought against Iran).

The color contrast of the film makes it look really badass. Digital photos just don't look nearly as good.

I just perforated my eardrum yesterday with one.

Yep
Shit integration and mistreat of the natives.
Yours got the long straw.
FARC are the bad ones tho. EZLN are legitimate good people, they didn't devolve into a cartel like organization.

>That's true with virtually all surface ships desu. Admiral Karl Dönitz himself once pointed to a picture of empty ocean and said that was the future of naval power (I'll let you figure out what he meant).

Extremely long range guns

Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence.

>"Negro" graffiti on wall

kek

The 80s weren't that long ago. I wonder how advance our equipment is today compared to back then.

This is a pic of me and my boys from back in the day

>Shame to hear they didn't let you go with another government party, maybe I can be your president tonight ;)

Long range yes, but not guns.

yea, guns

Is the subcomandante marcos the best looking high rank soldier in latam?

Dutch? Is that you?

What type of warship isn't visible at the waterline?

>SOMEBODY

TERRORWAVE

Worst thing about 80s military holdovers: Fucking PRiCks and SINCGARS RT radios of fail.

ASIPS are conversely one of the best things current mil has that isn't actively trying to make you lose your mind with haywire transmits, random hot-mikes and encryption/fill gremlins.

Fuck MILES too.

>666
>Still subscribe to Maya mythology, which Catholics see as Satanic

Check'd and kek'd

I can get behind this
>tfw even the muzzies were /fa/ as fuck
what a magical decade

ones reaaaaly far away

Was reluctant to post my gulf War pics since slightly offtopic, but now you've tempted me. It had the spirit of the 80s, anyway (and the equipment)

I've got lodes more

Communication and drones are the only things the military has improved since the 80s.

Everything else has been garbage.

This

Also, 1993 Deltas were best Deltas

Please keep them coming.

Quality thread user upboating 4u

>FFW 20 years

Russia went to pick related

America went to I hate this timeline so fucking much