What happens here?

What happens here?

good hunting

leafs but not leafs

opiate addiction

I go to school here, it's a nice state. It's been too warm lately though, glad it's going to snow tomorrow.

Great stuff. Stay away from Lewiston and Portland though. That's where the Somalis are brought in. Lived in southern Maine for 20 years and never saw one. Had fewer than a dozen minorites in my high school too.

I know there's a ton in Lewiston, but how many Somalis are down in Portland?

I went to Northern Maine once to buy my doggo from a breeder. Many abandoned lots, pawn shops, gas stations, with stretches of woods in between. Lots of messy yards and trailers as well. I passed by one house that had an obese guy sitting on his porch in his underwear. Passed by it again on my way back a couple hours later and he was still sitting there. Wasn't reading or drinking or anything. Just watching the cars go by. Sad!

Checked and this

Is the user at UMaine from inauguration day here by chance?

No idea, I haven't seen any. I didn't even know Maine had a Somali problem until after I'd moved.

A quick search says there about 5,000 in 2011.

PEOPLE ARE FUCKING DYING

The worst parts of canada and the worst parts of americlap all in one place!

Crabbing.

Creepy stuff from horror stories.

You are wrong on both these statements leaf

The future north of Brunswick except the Orono area looks bleak

I'll give you a rundown from someone from New Hampshire but that has lived in Maine for 2 years.
>really rural outside of Portland mainly

Of course there's lewingston and Bangor but really it's Portland that's the only real urban area. Also it's the only actual area with leftists. Very polarized state politically in that regard. It's mostly conservative everywhere but Portland is a very liberal shithole. Maine is a very white state but Portland is the only place I've ever personally seen any ethnic minorities.

>great nature, great beaches, great hunting
It's an awesome state to vacation if you like the outdoors. Summers are hot and the beaches are great. I spent so much of my childhood meeting random people at these beaches and hanging out with random kids.

>weird motherfuckers
Seriously this state is filled with some of the strangest fuckers ever. People who genuinely hate outsiders and people who think they're fucking witches and shit. In Bangor I smoked weed with some random guy who was fishing off the top of a fucking parking garage (not fucking kidding). The weed was fucked up and I actually think it was the first time I've ever smoke laced weed.

Parts of the state you'll see moose and shit just walking around normally. It really is like a fucking frontier when you get out of Southern Maine. People can be friendly but generally they are a quiet type of people who want to be left alone. This state is basically Skyrim man. Best comparison I can make.

It's a very beautiful state all year round. Mostly pretty conservative white people if you're outside of Portland. Portland can be sometimes cool to meet easy women.

Also. The seafood is some of the best. It's real New England cuisine. The white mans cuisine. Think Louisiana-tier seafood but with no spices or anything. The way the white man likes it

I grew up here.

It's pretty much just pine trees, shitty roads and its cold all the fucking time.
Sometimes its really pretty, but I guess growing up here it definetly gets old.

Lots of guns at least. My friends and I use to just walk out into our backwoods and shoot shit.

I grew up in southern Maine and can confirm that there's a lot of Somalis there. They drive like shit and will just walk out into the road.

I don't think all the time I've lived there I actually ever interacted with one besides maybe the clerks at the gas stations, I'm not even sure if many of them speak English.

But for the most part Maine is almost entirely white.
There was literally like 2 black kids in my whole school of about 1000.

I personally think its a totally shitty place to live,
but I guess if you're autistic enough to want to live in a majority white population, Maine is a good state to go to.

Oh yeah, Maine has the lowest SAT scores in the whole country. It has shit schools in general honestly.

southern coast to portlandish is all hippies.

everything else is maine's version of rednecks... permanantly innawoods survivalists, tradesmen, loggers and farmers.

this is also true

+Cheap land and housing in most parts of the state.
+Maine townsfolk are some of the most genial in the country.
+Generally conservative.
+Great trails and huge swaths of nature that are apparently untouched.
+Some of the best fishing and hunting in the country.
+Farmers markets fucking everywhere year-round, so it's always easy to get fresh food straight from the farm.

-Infrastructure is decaying. Abandoned houses, churches, railway stations, convenience stores.
-Utilities are unreliable and overpriced.
-If you're not a tradesman, then you're fucked for finding a job. I guess you could work at Marden's.
-Terrible public education.
-Maine cityfolk are cunts, though I suppose that's true of cityfolk the world over.

>The weed was fucked up
Any chance it was spice? There are a lot of dumbasses here that lace their weed with that shit.