Will TV die in our generation?

Will TV die in our generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H18RUB1cxfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Internet killed the video star

we have our phones bitch. i can flirt with some poon across the world.

Is this a yes?

I know I watch everything over the internet, I have no use for cable.

Yes. (((They))) aren't happy about it either. The internet is much less likely to fall for any one narrative

i don't know anyone under 30 who even owns a tv besides for consoles

I wish but sadly no

that is exactly why the big internet companies are trying their best censoring any edgy ideas.

Netflix = TV

So no it won't die.
That said I can see the benefit of putting on VR googles to watch CNN or something where it is like you sitting with the panel.

You will

It already has. Most network stations bit the dust and sold out. It's how Clearchannel grew so big.

Next up is cable TV, which will probably die over the next decade. Make no mistake, their power has been completely crushed by Trump who proved them all completely and utterly wrong. By 2027, declining viewership will mean far less original programming as everyone moves into online video. Slowly, but surely, Netflix will take over. Comcast and AT&T will both create their alternative sites, which will test Net Neutrality.

If you need further proof, look around kids today. They all have smartphones and watch youtubers and twitch streamers. They don't want MTV or Disney cartoons, they watch pewdiepie play Minecraft.

Netflix only barely counts as TV, only in the technical sense. It's basically a PPV service which means they don't have to abide by any FCC content rules or even get an FCC rating. This is a big deal because it means they can show ANYTHING (like, tits).

I have regular free antenaa TV and ISOhunt

Havent paid for a movie in 9 years

>> when you out jew the jews

The only tv I watch is Ancient Aliens and sports

For me it's Jeopardy!, The Price is Right, and Family Feud. I'm essentially a widowed old lady.

Sorry for your loss.

In the sense of conventional bundled cable or satellite packages? Yes. I give it 15-20 years before those are dead completely.

But 'television' in the broad sense will continue on as internet-based streaming services like Netflix.

I don't care what Sup Forums says, there's a lot of good TV out there. Fargo, The Americans, The Knick, The Young Pope, etc. are all great shows and well worth watching. Television is much stronger than the film industry, what Hollywood is attempting to shove down our throats is just unbelievable garbage. I mean it's truly soul-crushingly depressing to assess the current commercial film industry

youtube.com/watch?v=H18RUB1cxfI

lol

Networks are running themselves into the ground by showing the same bullshit everyday for most of the day. If they had more variety and showed old shows they'd get more viewers.

is radio dead?

TV will still survive mate.

Are Amazon and NetFlix shows considered TV?

It's easier to just marathon those shows on Netflix or Hulu

I caught Fargo on Hulu for example

Isn't TV technically Hollywood though?

Anyways, too many fucking channels. Don't know if FXX does it as well, but FX, Spike, and other stations play the shittiest shows all day.

I only listen to Rock/Classic Rock stations and talk radio.

Too few stations that play new rock or metal. Some badass alternative station shut down a few years ago after 20 years on the air.

Cable TV is a raw deal and it has been for years.

$150 a month for 150 channels of advertisements, propaganda, trash, and reruns.

Good riddance.

Probably not. The Internet has already merged with TV. Ive seen TVs that have Internet built in.

I actually picked up this Sony 'Dream Machine' radio alarm clock from goodwill a couple weeks ago for $3. It's from 1989.

I pretty much only listen to the 80's station, classic rock, or classical. maybe something else, but rarely. it's just nice to pick up on the waves

i hope it does.
TV is culture cancer and needs to die. Film should be the dominant visual medium again.

Yes and then they will destroy the internet.

we will switch to internet 3.0
and it will be glorious
no normalfags anymore

All that is good, but most stations only play singles.

Streaming sites usually everything but singles.

I have spent the better part of a decade working in thevery broadcasting side of TV. Ratings are dropping along with ad revenue. Networks are moving entertainment content to streaming services and focusing TV on live sport and 24 hour news cycle content as that is pretty much all that is left that people can't get ad free streaming. TV won't end, just change formats. I can see the writing on the wall for lots of jobs going so I am changing careers soon before everyone else gets made redundant at the same time.

Nigga wtf is TV?

-

Probably not this generation.

But newspapers are definitely on their way out.