Post your favorite author

I'll start with Juluis Evola

Why even bother asking Sup Forums?

I was hoping that the stereotype was wrong, but I guess not.

>Hitler
I've read about a third of Hitler's book "Mein Kampf". I have great respect for him and he is probably the best public speaker ever to exist, but he isn't a good writer. His ideas are great, but he is constantly repeating himself, which is incredibly annoying.

It's not that its a stereotype, its that you wont get a serious answer on pol

huh, that's funny... all my literary scholars at university keep saying they read mein kampf, and sorry buddy, but it was pretty shitty, despite everything
I wonder what they meant by this

>fav author
god

They can't give a serious answer because they don't read. The average IQ of Sup Forums is 90, so they are barely smarter than African Americans.

How can anyone take him seriously since I think he said he wanted to volunteer on the eastern front? The problem with that was fighting for Hitler. Hitler was a dead end, how can a spiritually advanced person make that choice? Now I don't know a lot about him like some of you guys probably do but his views that materialism is bad and other things aren't really new. It's not really hard to point out the things that deteriorate people especially if they don't have a lot of self control but it's objectively wrong to tell people to become cannon fodder and die for some "higher purpose" which incorporates pure dogmatic beliefs built on emotion which Nazi Germany was built on, and with lots of disinformation too. Now I'm not sure if he advocated that people should waste their lives fighting in some shitty war but I assume that he possibly did. Perhaps during ww2 he was different and changed later in his life and had a different viewpoint on this matter.

Have you read any of his works or did you learn that he talked about materialism and wanting to fight for Hitler via his Wikipedia page?

Evola is hard to read, I read Metaphysique du sexe and found it way under Weininger.

Otto Weininger got it.

"The man has a penis, the vagina owns the woman."

Weininger was a jew and probably crazy. Being a jew was intolerable for him (read his book, his arguments are pretty fierce), so he committed suicide.
Adolf said about him: "He was the only honest jew in history, and he committed suicide."

Evola was not much better, to be fair. Good ideas, poor writing. Hitler basically had to write a book, just like Donald had to, and Bernie, and so on and so forth. It's the equivalent of made-for-movie videogames, they're canned and not very good, but you have to have well-rounded marketing.

Dostoevsky

He was part Indian right?

Nope. Born in India to english parents.

He just has certain facial traits that look Indian to me. Very distinct from British

Not memeing, nor am I an edgy teen - I just have never had an experience as unique as reading Nietzsche. I read each page - sometimes sentence, 20 times and each careful perusal reveals to me more nuance where by the end it is unrecognizable to the way in which I first read it. Like a song that is listened to over and over, and you just keep finding new nuance.

I don't see it. Besides the thick eyebrows and moustache.

It's the shape of his eyes (sort of almond shaped) and his nose, which is small-ish and flatter than usual. It's not extremely apparent but it just made me wonder if his distant grandparent had kids with an Indian

mandatory

This guy is my favorite. Yeah yeah, it's not serious political writing, or academic philosophy, but I'd be lying if I claimed I've enjoyed reading anyone else more.

It cracks me up that his mythological pantheon became a normie meme, and then they got butt-blasted after finding out he wrote a frivolous poem about nergros.

All this, some 70 years after his death.

Is Lovecraft the original troll?

Maybe, yet to read any of him and fiction for me has nowhere near the same appeal. But I must one day give it a go.

people who think Nietzsche was just an edgy nihilist are fucking idiots.

Nietzsche was a stone-cold genius who figured out the entire psyche of a culture and predicted exactly the SJW type phenomena we see today.

When Nietzsche said, "God is dead!" he wasn't cheering the fact-- he was terrified by it... and he understood that without God, we had no more moral/cultural roots, and that without those roots we would begin to decay until some great people came along again to re-establish our values.

I agree 100%. I read him initially because he was a meme and wanted to see who this guy was for a good kek. I was far too young to understand it so I built up my facilities and waited 5 years to mature and read him, and he really is the most visionary and as you say, most INFURIATINGLY MISUNDERSTOOD philosopher I have read.

Like Alexis Detoqville he is more quoted than read.

>Evola

Whew lad, i too remember when i was 16 and just got into politics.

Yes, as we all know radical traditionalism is the most common ideology of your typical 16 year old

Our greatest writer, without a doubt