Try not to cry

Try not to cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=26k1znR0YnI

Is there a nobler human being alive today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CFHZyse4VGw
youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26k1znR0YnI&start1=34&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxabLA7UQ9k&start2=0&authorName=peterception
youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>0 replies
Really gets your neurons firing, the video is pretty good too.

by helping to locate the sickness in our culture, he's making an important contribution to our society and the world at a time when we need it very badly. I'm glad he's among us.

Tfw too stupid to understand JBP

I don't know, I like him a lot, but I listened to his appearance on Sam Harris' podcast and he talks a lot of shit, like saying something can't be true if it's bad for humans. According to him evolution wouldn't be true for him if the knowledge of it led to our extinction.

Spend the evening watching his lectures desu.
His Jung lectures are great, especially the beginning of part 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=CFHZyse4VGw

what have you had trouble understanding? there's a lot of material in his lectures, but I have a little time to spare

I'd say he's much better as a speaker/lecturer than debater.

Listen to his lectures.
It's an investment of time, and nothing else, but it will change you in an amazing way.

He gives the tools, especially in Maps of Meaning, of hashing out objective moral truth, and not simply in that fascist-flavored Sup Forums way, but in a way that speaks truth to the Western Man's soul.

He's fucking beautiful.

More on topic, I think his idea of searching for truth and responsibly instead of a material utopia is important for the individual and for society. I have to think about this further and articulate this more myself though.

He is the greatest mind of today.

I don't think Peterson got a chance to describe the background on why he thinks about truth the way he described it in his discussion with Harris. this video does the best job at clearly stating what his view is, and the reasons for it:
youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis
start at 19:57 and listen until 31:02

I like that's he's gaining exposure but he's not as popular as I though he would be. I have shown his stuff to some of my friends (who are smart and all) and only a minority of them (20%) shared the same or comparable enthusiasm as me.

When I found JPB I was literally shocked because it was far the most profound and complete rationally explainable coherent worldview I've seen and the most interesting thing that is not part of common knowledge I've seen in the last 10 years or more. But not all people seem to understand or give him credit for this. Many are just "meh".

I even became religious again because of his stuff (well not entirely just because of that, but it triggered something in me).

This is very true. He created a lot of great material before he got internet-famous. Well worth to look into if you like psychotherapy, Jung, Campbell, myth, symbolism, exploring your psyche and mind and worldview, etc.

Watch the Joe Rogan interview. It can change lives.

Actually Joe Rogan and this newer stuff is much worse than his lectures that are on his youtube channel. That's the best stuff - Personality lectures, maps of meaning and some talks he had as a professor. This youtube interview stuff is always like "dood ayyy lmao those lefies rite". Also older stuff doesn't concern itself with this pronoun scandal.

That's all well and good but Jung was basically polygamous. For all his supposed wisdom, he was morally questionable. The same goes for Dostoyevsky and Nietzsche

Yeah, true. It's a good gateway to what he has to say.

enhance viewing experience

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26k1znR0YnI&start1=34&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxabLA7UQ9k&start2=0&authorName=peterception

meh, hes just articulating earlier enlightenment rhetoric, this guy is a classical liberal

His ideology is simply farther back on the path to Marxism and social rot

>0/10 not fascist

I'd love to see him debate Nick Land or Moldbug though

same here, i think people need to get to a certain point in the first place before listening to JPs ideas.

He's great but man was that sam harris interview frustrating.

Where does one start with Nick Land?

I did some googling and a lot of his stuff is just incredibly esoteric and some of it seems only tangentially related to politics. Where does he articulate his Dark Enlightenment stuff in its totality in a thesis sort of way?

You're crazy. He's saying something noone else is. Otherwise I'd already know it when I listened to him.

i blame Sam, regardless of who was right it was Sam's job as the host to keep the conversation going and not get caught on a single topic, "truth".

So you don't listen to a great thinker because he has some chicks on the side? Don't mistake the messenger for the message.

>hes just articulating earlier enlightenment rhetoric

Not at all. What you call "enlightenment rhetoric" is pretty much at the core of western civilization you barbarian.

>His ideology is simply farther back on the path to Marxism and social rot

The exact opposite is true. And he is no ideologue.
In general Petersons ideas would do you fascists a lot of good.

very interesting

One good video for those not that familiar with the man:
youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY

>he talks a lot of shit

Jesus Christ, what kind of philistine ghetto do you come from?

Him and Harris were clearly using two separate terms, and the whole excruciating 2 hours could have been avoided if they just agreed to use the terms "scientific truth" and "behavioral truth".

Harris gets 100% of the blame for that though, JP tried like 5 times to move on and discuss actually interesting topics and Harris kept saying "yeah we'll talk about that, but FIRST we've got to nail this down".

Sam's autism was on full display, worse than usual.

I had the same reaction. I had always struggled expressing my views on the world but JP is so eloquent and great at explaining what I had been thinking but lacked the ability to coherently bring it into the world

Yeah I'm beyond all that noise he's boring.

I appreciate what he's doing, tho.

why does this pussy leaf cry all the fucking time

thx my man, also solid digits

>He's saying something noone else is.
if you werent an anti intellectual neet youd know that there is nothing novel in his words.Stop watching only altright sensationalism on youtube, read a book

I-is that Charls?

If you're going to point to some philosopher - no one has incorporated evolutionary psychology into their theories, it's a new field. He also incorporates the latest psychological knowledge.

Give the source which is saying what he is. I'd don't mind being shown wrong.

Smart guy and probably a good professor too, but I still find him a bit weak on philosophy. Or maybe it is because he hasn't quite found a proper way to articulate his own. Either way I'm in complete agreement with him on the topic of this video.

>like saying something can't be true if it's bad for humans
Tha'ts called pragmaticism and is a genuine philosophic movement.

Yeah man, moohamlet is really great after all!