BREAKING: Pope forces head of modern-day Knights Hospitaller to resign

reuters.com/article/us-pope-knights-idUSKBN159001?il=0

>The head of the Knights of Malta, who has been locked in a bitter dispute with the Vatican, has resigned, a spokesperson for the Rome-based Catholic chivalric and charity institution said on Wednesday.

>The spokesperson said Grand Master Matthew Festing, 67, had resigned after Pope Francis asked him to step down at a meeting on Tuesday. Grand masters of the institution, which was founded in the 11th century, usually keep their positions for life.

>"The pope asked him to resign and he agreed," the spokesperson said, adding that the next step was a formality in which the group's Sovereign Council would have to sign off on the highly unusual resignation. The order would be run by its number two, or grand commander, until a new head is elected.

Other urls found in this thread:

infocatolica.com/?t=noticia&cod=28144
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you will never marry a Maltese Christian cutie
Why live

maybe it was the flag, but thanks for the chuckle

I was trying to find pictures of Maltese women n traditional clothes to post but it just showed dogs
But honestly if someone lays with an animal you have to hang that person, the bible says so.

This fuckin' pope, I swear...

Ikr this faggot francis needs to step down

Catholics are cucks. We've always known this.

>calling other men "father"
>being submissive to your "father," who's submissive to a cardinal, who's submissive to the pope, who's submissive to what some jews wrote a couple thousand years ago, who claimed to be submissive to god
I know I'm missing several steps, but it's cucks all the way down.

Cardinal Burke's under more pressure now. It also raises interesting implications as the Hospitallers are sovereign under international law, and their head-of-state just got removed due to "foreign" interference.

Pope Francis is trash.

We need a real pope

Can someone explain this to me? Why did the pope fire him?

Catholic Church in Brazil lost 9 million from 2014 onward.
infocatolica.com/?t=noticia&cod=28144
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

B E R G O G L I O
E
R
G
O
G
L
I
O

>Knights of Malta

who care

Pope is dabbing the blue pill

> Duke of Gloucester
That's the Anglican splinter formed when the English commanderies followed Henry VIII into schism. A big part of the German commanderies allso turned Lutheran.

Explain further.

Fake news

Pope is appealing to libs. He also got into a debate with the knight who was against using contraception.
The knight said the pope was trying to appease liberals and it was a cheap tactic and a denial of Catholic virtues.

tl;dr:
>Internal investigation holds #2 responsible (command responsibility) for programs distributing condoms
> #2 is German and denies responsibility (claims he shut them down on learning so), there's evidence to show otherwise
> #2 asked by #1 to resign, refuses twice in violation of his vows (the Knights have a quasi-military structure due to their origin despite being mainly a humanitarian org nowadays)
> gets fired by #1, whines about it to the Vatican, which forms a committee to investigate (majority of members are sympathizers of the now-former #2)
cont.

As I mentioned here, , as the Order is a sovereign entity (the Vatican legally has no oversight whatsoever beyond the spiritual needs of the members, relations are governed by treaty and not by simple statutes like in other religious orders, and thus can't, or shouldn't have been able to, meddle in the Order's internal administration, which the sacking of the #2 was). Vatican SecState maintained that the "obedience" in the vows professed by the Knights is to be taken in the most Ultramontanist way possible.

Ultramontanists, not even once.

So pope sided on 2 and sacked 1?