Red pill me on the pipeline EO's

Red pill me on the pipeline EO's

Why is everyone so butthurt about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fmZBacx2
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2011/08/110819-keystone-xl-canadian-oil-and-chinese-market/
popsci.com/what-is-dakota-access-pipeline
popsci.com/derailed-train-west-virginia-still-burning
youtu.be/v15LMXhHdB4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer
journalstar.com/business/local/magellan-nemaha-oil-spill-smaller-than-first-thought/article_fc4f0b66-0daf-59fc-a064-cb5d8b93f683.html),
toxics.usgs.gov/highlights/2014-07-03-remediation_challenge.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

native americans and the offset chance it leaks into a river

and warren buffet has a lot invested in the trains that transport the oil from canada

Because they don't know how pipelines work.

Because it's against people's request

It strengthen's the adversaries of the "green energy' mafia.

It's just blue team vs red team shit.

They don't care about the environment; the indyuns are useful idiots.

Tribal government wanted too much money. They don't give a fuck about the environment.

Aren't there already hundreds of pipelines in the US and there are like... rarely any problems with them?

native Americans scared of angering the spirits by letting greed build on their sacred ground.

desu I wouldn't care if it was a military grave yard they're building through.
we need oil

Not sure why people are so anti-pipeline. By saying no to pipelines, you are saying yes to rail transportation. The oil is going to have to move somehow, and these are the two options.

In the decade ended in 2013 in Canada, moving oil and gas by pipeline was 4.5 times safer than by rail. You just hear a lot about pipelines being bad because they ship much larger volumes and distances. When this is accounted for, pipelines are likely to experience 0.049 occurrences per thousand barrels of oil equivalent transported, and rail will experience 0.227.

73% of incidents (for pipelines) spilled less than one cubic meter (~1,000 litres), while 16% didn't cause a spill at all. 83% of incidents were in compressor stations, processing plants, and terminals, meaning they could be noticed and contained quickly.

Information comes from the Fraser Institute.

tl;dr pipelines are more environmentally friendly than rail, aka the only other transport option

It's outrage and protests sponsored by other oil producing nations who don't want to compete. That's it. The Warren Buffet thing is possible, but more of a smoke screen.

pastebin.com/fmZBacx2

Shameless copy from another user in a different thread but good read on the matter

It's going through land that belongs to American Indians or something so people think we shouldn't have a right to do it. At least that's what I've gathered from it.

I'm excited for it. It will bring jobs! I live in PA so I'm sure it will help out a lot of folks.

My brother worked for a gas company in the past and was making $30/HR (+ bonuses, free traveling, stock matching, etc.). You can make a TON of money working in the oil and gas field.

You don't even need a degree! He was making around $70,000 a year. Not to mention he even was given a company car to use. This is going to be great for many Pennsylvanians, and for our steel workers!

GO TRUMP!!!

Cause this oil wont actually go to Americans. Its gonna be exported to China, the corporations will reap the profit. It barely helps america, and there is pollution effects. (Water and land contamination)

Locals are pissed because it has to transverse a river that serves as a water supply for the reservation.
There's no fault line in the area though, so I'm not entirely sure what they're worried about. The kikes aren't going to let a drop of their precious black gold spill.

This post is comfy

Aren't there already several pipelines running through the river there?

Source?
I haven't heard this. The media would be all over that if his was true

>Why is everyone so butthurt about it?
not everyone is..

the best part: it isn't

There is no source because he's full of shit. It's way cheaper for the Chinese to import it from the ME, Eurasia, Russia over pipelines than from North American pipelines and then to ships across the pacific.

Anybody know the fail-safe in case of a catastrophic accident, dangerous weather, etc?

Faggots think these things are built above ground for some reason. They're not. They're underground, they pretty much have to be, otherwise transportation systems all over the country would have pipelines just all over the fucking place. You can drive across the entire country and never see a fucking pipeline, they're all built underground.

Think they'll be taking apprentices?

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

The entire idea is to make the oil prohibitively difficult to transport at all.

this fucking shill

Tl;dr as I understand it, they were offered money to compensate, they accepted, thought they could get more money, protested on feels of "muh environment" and "muh fossil fuel".

It's actually better for the environment than moving the oil via train / car.

The US is pretty close to energy independence. We'd rather buy oil from Canada than the middle east.

You have to remember it's not just a single 1500+ mile long pipe, there's pumping stations along the way. If there's a leak or damage, they shut down that section of pipe, repair it, and life goes on. They run small devices called 'pigs' inside the pipe as well, to clean the pipes; as well as monitor condition and look for leaks, corrosion, etc.

If something does leak, they vacuum up as much as possible, and the rest is either burned out of the dirt (in a giant kiln), or it's given a dose of special microbes that literally eat the oil residue. They already exist in dirt, so when their job's done they just dissipate into the environment harmlessly.

because the railway lobby is instigating people with muh feelings arguments

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

OIL SPILLS

>OIL SPILLS

fuck off oil shills

Obvious shill is obvious

>It's going through land that belongs to American Indians
Nope. But it's going through their "sacred cultural grounds" that they just found out about a few months ago with an archeological survey conducted by someone from the tribe that hasn't been validated through peer review and goes against the findings of multiple prior archeological studies conducted on the same grounds.

I have no opinion in this but it seems like every time i look at the news there is some oil spill/leak going on. There was actually one that happened a couple months ago next to the pipeline they are protesting ha. I would be pissed too

If you're alternative is nuclear I'm all for it. Otherwise fuck off. Green energy is a meme.

Put in place by Obama with the idea that if Hillary won, she would be praised for stopping it, and if Trump won that he would be attacked for continuing it even though Obama's administration put it into drive.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2011/08/110819-keystone-xl-canadian-oil-and-chinese-market/

Mostly because if there were an oil spill it could contaminate a huge aquifer and basically cause a situation like Flint x10

A bunch of faggot hippies crying cuz "muh native's rights"

featherheads got btfo like they deserved and continue to get btfo to this day. fucking savages.

Nuclear is actually a great alternative. It was dangerous in the 70's when technology and safety protocol's were totally not ready for it, but we have recycling methods that limit the waste to almost negligable amounts compared to before.

It's not their sacred grounds I care about, it's the water next to it

>Green energy is a meme

Prove it

People are sick of the spills. The trains spill less but the oil companies don't want to pay to run the train stations, they just want to turn our states into a Banana Republic and steal the resources.

You know they work in collusion with the federal government right? The federal government takes up a bunch of federal land and then lets the oil and mining companies come and extract resources from it. Who do you think sees that money? Not you.

Honestly it's a shame they didn't all die out while they were noble savages rather than living as worthless alcoholics

Digits don't lie.

I just read this article which states that in the last 20 years less than 2 million gallons of crude oil have been spilled in pipeline accidents

popsci.com/what-is-dakota-access-pipeline

Then I read this article which showed that a train derailed and spilled 3 million gallons of crude oil in my home fucking state

popsci.com/derailed-train-west-virginia-still-burning
BUILD PIPELINE
U
I
l
D

P
I
P
E
L
I
N
E

not to mention that those rail based tankers have been blowing up all the time, good post user, have a (you) on me

Here is a video on the alternatives to pipelines
youtu.be/v15LMXhHdB4

I agree, people like to spew facts about how much power wind and solar puts out, but they have no understanding of how the power network works. The power outputs for wind and solar are what the plant gives at maximum output, but this is often at times of the day when high output is not neccesary and is not even achieved very much, while early in the morning and later in the evening higher output is required and then the green power sources can't give you that power on demand, nuclear however will give you the exact amount when you want it without such high risks.

Just to give you an idea of how much underground water would be contaminated

Only niggers and shitskins don't care about the environment

See: China, Africa, and India

nebraskafag here, basically if oil spills into
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer
agriculture is in deep shit

also, checked

>>Green energy is a meme

Let me guess, you have zero academic understanding of energy storage/transference/distribution but think that solar panels are the solution

Every fucking time

if your computer isn't made out of hemp fiber and you don't ride a bicycle only, you can just ride out of here on the dick you rode in on.

Good, the States should eat that deep shit

Yep. Coupled with the fact that there are 1000 places in the US with worse water crisis than Flint and that 1/3 of americans will be priced out of water in 5 years. This plan is a fucking shitshow.

Only retards think you cant have a solid pipeline that doesn't leak.

Rest of my point still stands

It's not about that

The oil companies don't want to give back to the communities from which they steal resources. They want the Keystone because it is less to maintain and they can cut thousands of jobs.

We have plenty of oil by the way faggot, we don't need the pipeline for anything, the pipeline is for exporting so International Jews and bankers can make shekels off of American resources without giving anything back to the people

Fuck off

People are so resistant to shifting off of oil based economies, but there will be huge benefit in the future. Poor countries are trying to skip the oil revolution and go straight to net zero. Pretty epic to do that actually.

fuck off back to Sup Forums, things of actual importance are being discussed here

the oil came out of the ground who cares if it gets back in

How are they already not in deep shit. Those crops are being grown in the ground. The ground (dirt) has oil, arsenic, anthrax, bacteria, nitrogen, and all kinds of toxic chemicals

>bacteria
Oh no! Not bacteria.

Tell bethleham to stop building pubs and start building more office space.

>things of actual importance
>discussed
>Sup Forums
o i am laffin

The (((oil companies))) skirt maintenance so they can save shekels and then shit like this happens.

Every time they come back and promise to do better but every single time there are enormous oil spills.

>lmao who gives a shit if tap water is no longer drinkable for millions of people

That's not how it works. Oil and water don't share the same cavities underground. Over time sure the oil would eventually float on top of the water in the auquifer and get filtered out by rocks and such, but we are talking years for that to happen. What about the decades where all that previously clean water is now dirty, and millions are facing Flint level kinds of fucked?

so because someone isn't lining your nigger pockets it's a kike operation, lmmfao you mommas boy faggot. I make bank off of pipelines, I have probably fucked more girls in your state than you have.

Go shove an organic activated almond up your asshole you pussy faggot.

>potable water and the ability to grow food
>important

yeah, pretty much

do work user

>YEAH MAN IM A TOUGH AMERICAN BECAUSE I DESTROY THE ENVIRONMENT WHOO HOO
>haahahahha fucking hippies amirite

Kill yourself

Liberals are controlled by corporate interests that don't want the pipeline built.

Warren Buffet stands to lose like $1 billion a year because he owns the railroad that currently transport the oil.

What about the people in that region for voted for Trump user. Their water is gonna get fucked now, and you think people are angry for some sort of welfare? Please, for America's future, kill yourself.

>filename
>those woods

My fucking home. I miss WV so god damn much. I could never live there again, but my heart longs for those mountains and those woods.

>an oilspill will somehow contaminate the ENTIRE aquifer
You realize oil is lighter than and immiscible with water, right? It's not like heavy metal ions you get from mining that can dissolve into and penetrate the water supply. Oilspills can certainly cause their fair share of externalities, but you and so many other people are blowing it way out of proportion making outlandish claims like this.

Nevermind the fact that there's ALREADY been at least one spill in that region (journalstar.com/business/local/magellan-nemaha-oil-spill-smaller-than-first-thought/article_fc4f0b66-0daf-59fc-a064-cb5d8b93f683.html), and yet agriculture in the area goes on.

Regardless, DAPL (which is specifically the pipeline I was referring to) is well North of there.

They are mad becasue its going to go under a river for some reason, I think it should be suspension bridge over the river but what the fuck do I know

>It's not their sacred grounds I care about, it's the water next to it
How is a pipeline any more likely to contaminate that water than the trucks and trains they're already moving across the same water?

95% evaporation rate

>95% evaporation rate

95% evaporation rate

>95% evaporation rate

95% evaporation rate

>95% evaporation rate

95% evaporation rate

>95% evaporation rate

>oil is naturally occurring underground
>OMG GUYS ITS ON SPILLED ON STUFF
gtfo

Leaks are relatively common user, especially for a pipeline that long. Over 5-6 years its definitely gonna contaminate a lot of water sources and create a lot more Flint's. Wasn't Trump supposed to care about the heartland?

Sure the oil floats above the water, but that doesn't prevent the oil from being filtered out and getting into local water reserves. Another issue is that oil is extremely hard to remove once it has been spilled.
Especially with the volume of crude oil this pipeline plans to pump out, the effects can be disastrous. Oil spills can take decades to clean
toxics.usgs.gov/highlights/2014-07-03-remediation_challenge.html

Everyone thinks pipelines are unsafe. Both rail and pipe are fairly safe, pipeline just happens to be safer and vastly cheaper.

I love how the lefty shills are adopting the language of Sup Forums

>nigger
>shitskin
>kike

it's their 1st step into a greater world

Flint literally has nothing to do with oil faggot.

>Who do you think sees that money? Not you.
Wrong.

I get cheaper gas at the pump.

Yes i understand but both situations have something in common.
THEY BOTH INVOLVE CONTAMINATED WATER

pretty sure a few more isn't going to hurt. where were the leftists when those were being installed. leftists are such idiots, Bold Alliance is funding the protests and guess who funds them.

California billionaire Tom Steyer who has vested interest in green energy and ProgressNow which is funded The Democracy Alliance. the DA is apart of the Soros network.

these idiotic liberals are led around by the collar by billionaires protecting their own interests.

Yes, thousands of feet below the surface, well below the aquifers. And the oil is embedded in layers of rock and sediment.

Get the fuck out of here you disinfo shill

why would they waste oil on purpose?

What is an oil seep, user?

Naturally occurring oil is contained in pockets underground. When you pump it up and then proceed to spill thousands of gallons of it all over an area it is not contained, it kills the animals and plants. Though the real problem is that it seeps into the ground and fucks up the water tables. We're learning this the hard way here where all the pesticides we have been using on our farms have been slowly seeping into the water table, poisoning our drinking water. Just build some solar panels and windmills, or put more funding into nuclear power if you absolutely have to have a source of power that will slowly kill you all in case of failure.

I don't know user, why don't you ask them. You would think that would make sense.

It's obvious from their track record they neglect maintenance on their equipment. That isn't debatable, there is plenty of photographic proof here in this thread.

Global warming/Clinate change is easy to explain; it's just the prisoner's dilemma.

Imagine two players: U.S. and China.

They can cut down pollution at the cost of jobs and their economy (strategy 1) or exploit their natural reasources to boost the economy at the cost of the environment.

Now if they both choose strategy 1, there's unemployment, but it eventually evens out and both countries have equal growth essentially. And of course the planet is cleaner.

If just one player chooses 2 while the other chooses 1 (currently U.S. is 1 while China is 2) one economy suffers while the other economy sees an extraordinary boost due to the lack of competition. The environment also suffers despite the efforts of the player who chose strategy 1.

But if they both choose 2,then both countries stay competitive and see no drop in growth. The environment still suffers and it will likely be worse, but people will have jobs and the economy can grow at all scales at a normal rate.

Until we get our shit together, we need strategy 2, so we need this pipeline.

The problems in Flint were caused by switching to a new water supply which their system could not handle and utterly destroyed their plumbing. It was completely due to their leader's incompetence.

>We need oil
No, we just need energy

The means of how said water was contaminated makes all the difference dumbass.

This is the chain of command. Railroad guy that ships oil around the US will suffer heavy losses if the pipeline is built so they do what any multi billionaire does, hire protesters to shit up the place. Also, the native american tribes give no fucks about their heritage unless it's about making a buck. They got greedy, wanted more money, the price they wanted was pants on head retarded and the pipeline company told them to fuck off so they are now all "muh sacred lands, muh heritage, the genocide of muh people and muh stolen lands." As usual all grief is caused by people wanting money and lots of it.

oil=money

>Why is everyone so butthurt about it?- 95 posts and 19 image replies shown.
Liberals are always butthurt. Pipelines are safer than trains and said pipeline is not going through any sacred Indian ground as they keep saying.

Hi Donald! Keep up the good work, and tell Baron we all love him!

There is an old expression that literally says "oil and water don't mix." Hint: It's an old expression still used today for a reason: it is true. There is no way to get oil suspended in water the way you can get lead particles suspended in water.

>that doesn't prevent the oil from being filtered out and getting into local water reserves.
I think you phrased that wrong... but yes, it DOES prevent propagation of oil to quite an extent. Your own link illustrates how the oil plume from the '79 Bemidji leak has settled atop the water table, rather than mixing with it. Only shallow wells would be affected. And shocker, agriculture STILL continues uninterrupted in the Bemidji area.
>Another issue is that oil is extremely hard to remove once it has been spilled.
True. Not contesting that. And oil companies need to (and are) held liable for all cleanup and damages.
>Especially with the volume of crude oil this pipeline plans to pump out, the effects can be disastrous.
Not nearly to the degree you're suggesting.