Why does no one ever take the middle ground? It's almost universally true that any argument has merits on both sides...

Why does no one ever take the middle ground? It's almost universally true that any argument has merits on both sides, yet we tend to demonize all merits of the opposition time and time again.

Why does everything have to be left and right? Is it really naive to believe that the correct responses lies somewhere in the middle?

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/middle-groundbe
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
youtube.com/watch?v=vneClx-4UFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You belong in the middle of the oven.

To most, politics is more about tribalism than facts.

>pic_related

Fanatics rule, middle ground cucks get run over by both sides.

What about the sides? Wont it BURN as well?

Because people are dumb.

That's not true, some opinions are just wrong. No meme.

I always take the middle ground and argue around the idea of playing devils advocate.

That being said, liberals are so far left that the middle ground is the far right to them now.

No one likes a lukewarm faggot. Pick a side bitch. It doesn't mean you always have to agree with everything on your side

Because faggots like you tend to sell weapons to both sides,just like kikes,you are either with us or against us,but if you try some kikery you will end up in the oven.

"A friend to all is a friend to none."

-Aristotle

People that take the middle ground often have a weak argument according to both left and right, and "centrists" are often lame ducks that never get any job done. Plus nobody likes them because they never take a stance on anything.

>choosing to support ideas you don't agree with

I truly hope you don't actually think this way, because if you do, you're one of the dumbest people I've met online.

Because with leftists, if you give them an inch they take a mile.

>B-b-but muh black and white thinking! I couldn't possibly conceptualize a world consisting of shades of gray because my brain is too small!

>the middle ground
The middle ground is a fallacious introduction to an argument. yourlogicalfallacyis.com/middle-groundbe
That's not to say that the truth does/does not indeed lie in the middle, but rather it doesn't add any merit to the argument.

There's a beauty in being able to see the flaws and benefits of both sides but you should always take a side, at least on an issue to issue basis.

This. x1000

Taking the middle ground with evil means evil wins usually. A lot of the times there are clear rights and wrongs but there are humans trying to get their way so everyone "compromises" which usually ends up in the good people being penalized while the bad people get rewarded.

>people should believe stupid bullshit/obvious falsehoods because it makes them 'strong'

Fuck this board

There are two decent arguments about your question. Some say that while there is merit to both sides, the compromise will not accomplish or change anything, possibly stagnate. If you give each "side" a chance at a long term office then they should in theory have enough time to actually accomplish goals/mandates, and the pendulum will swing the other way eventually

you focus on cleaning up first.

This is also a fallacy. yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
The truth can be 1 or 0, but it can be any value in between, as well. It's up to the facts.

Winning is all about who has more merit in their arguments, not acknowledging that both side have merits.

>To most, everything is more about tribalism than facts.

this senpai

never forget we're still and always will be running on ape minds

you learn how to use tools, do you forget all the other things that kept you alive?

In the world of politics and law making, who's to say that there is no merit in being moderate?

For example (and this is the wrong group of republicans to explain this to), all Muslims aren't bad, but you're being obtuse if you believe that there isn't a substantial link to Islam and terrorism. It's important to note the complications on both sides when making a law. The left and right would have you think that the only way that can solve the problem is with absolutes.

the left and the right can at least respect each other's willingness to militantly fight for their retarded point of view. centrists are beta cuck bystanders who aren't even willing to commit to a basic ideology.

Why did you feel the need to post a pic of my son? I dont post pics of your bulletridden sons corpses from school shootings, that was in very bad touch, very bad indeed

This for sure

The real question is why does the government force mudshits onto the people to begin with? Nobody asked for this

shhh shhhh.

You can be a centrist and believe in arguing for what the correct point of view is. That's what being moderate means. You aren't literally taking 50% of the ideas from each side. It's a debate over which details are the ones that deserve the most consideration from both sides.

Why should they commit to lies?

Indeed. The true way to solve the problem is to take the absolute middle ground, give trivial concessions to both sides as you do nothing to solve the root issues of the problem.

If i was a lolberatrian still, i would actually agree, since any government action is doomed to fail, so the middle ground inactivity is the best outcome anyway.

Ask Thoth
>He served as a mediating power, especially between good and evil, making sure neither had a decisive victory over the other

Exactly, 90% of people
ITT are tribalist mongoloids who don't even know what a 'centrist' is.

100 points for the leaf

FPBP /thread faggots

Beginning to finally realise this even though I've always sort of known deep down. It explains everything, virtue signalling, the two party system etc.

We are all niggers.

I genuinely laffed, thanks Burger bro, I really hope you dont get culled by the next terrorist attack on the land of the free, peace um thee

I know it's funny to think that anyone who says they don't hold ultra-liberal views is cucked or whatever, but can you pretend you're not autistic, if only for a little while?

>I am A, I hate B - anything they stand for, I hate.
>I am B, I hate A - anything they stand for, I hate.

That's why. Trump or Obama (or Clinton) could come out and pick whether red or blue is the superior color and it would be a major shitstorm across the country for a week.

>Why does no one ever take the middle ground?

Golden Mean Fallacy. Some are more obvious than others.

You're a centrist, I'm not. You move to accommodate my opinion.

>muh evil
You dumbfucks just have no clue do you.

Indeed old bean, may you enjoy many a bath until the Lord calls us to his kingdom.

Plus there were no muslims just 50 years ago so you're the radical one here

A third of this board is center-left so I don't really know what you mean, this is surprisingly a fairly centrist board.

Trump wouldn't have won the election if centrists didn't see how fucked up the left was getting.

Till then good friend

Because the middle ground is pretty shit most of time and shift the discourse toward one side or another in other cases. It also isn't always right.

Because if you don't agree with the left 100% YOU'RE LITERALLY HITLER.

Yup, because swing states are known to be ignored by politician and not get a bunch of pork barrel stimulus

Oh wait, the complete opposite is the case! Turns out being loyal to one party results in them treating you like shit because you're a safe vote who values ideology over if a party is cucking you!

Maybe a few years ago there was a larger left portion, but the board is virtually completely right now. Most anti-Trump posts I see now are solely made to get someone angry. The rest of Sup Forums is probably fairly liberal, though.

>Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.

-Cicero

There's no middle ground when you're facing the black legions of Satan.

The swing states are the ones that get the tours of politicans in election season, and are discarded once governance actually begins, as the victors reward their base supporters instead of the unreliable ones.

All conflict comes down to fighting for or against entropy.
>you literally cannot prove me wrong.

Trump is winning over much of the center and center-left because the left has completely given up on respecting individual rights which the left wing jacks off over constantly. See the ACLU.

Also Clinton was a corporate whore.

Whenever we do a political compass thread I always see like 1/3rd on the left.

Centrists are too scared to have a partisan opinion and too lazy to fix the problems that can cause.

What this user said , politics is less about a person and more about a people.

Leftism is societal cancer, every truly leftist state is marked by the slow death of it's union, either with declining birth rates, stagnant wages, throttling taxes, and loss of masculinity.

Being conservative means upholding the values of your people and your forefathers, the tried and true methods that actually allowed you to stand where you are today.

Not honoring your forefathers makes you a cuck for someone elses shitty political sales pitch that dishonors your family.
Being a centrist means you are even worse than that, you are a relative nihilist that watches the plants die and frown saying that is the nature of life instead of watering it.

I agree there is retardation on both sides, and both sides have completely false views. Which is why I make an effort to weigh in the pros of each, and point them out to either side.

youtube.com/watch?v=vneClx-4UFA

>moderates can't have strong convictions or beliefs cause they see the truth to both sides

I strongly believe you're fucking retarded though

>Implying that not being pigenholed into one side means that you're a limp 'neutral' faggot who's trying to be sort of agreeable, rather than someone who who willingly takes radical ideas from all sides given they actually make sense and can be reconciled into a coherent framework of thought

This is a good example of a do nothing centrist.

>hich is why I make an effort to weigh in the pros of each, and point them out to either side.
>point them out

This is the nature of one born from the cuckshed, his inability to action is his credo, he can only wish for people to listen to his passive-aggressive fart words as he breathes in heavily smug.

fpbp
The "middle ground" is an illusion. There is no such thing.

Because there's a very small goldilocks zone between edgy enough to take the middle ground and piss off everyone else and edgy enough to form a third extreme and REALLY piss off everyone else.

Your truth lacks foundation.

Cracks will appear.

You will not be strong enough to fix them.

Okay, pick the middle ground. Someone is about to rape your family in front of you and you have a gun. What do you do?

>Be extremist
>Talk to normal everyday people
>They either already agree with you, or are turned off by your autistic beliefs

>Be centrist
>Talk to normal everyday people
>They're warm to your acknowlodgment of the strengths and weaknesses of various viewpoints
>They're open to changing their minds

Why do extremist cucks never do anything?

All truth lacks foundation

Because they're weak.

Shoot them and rape the corpse.

Everybody wins.

"You win or you die, there is no middle ground." George RR Martin might cuck, but he's a pretty good writer.

"If you must hate, hate those who would do us harm."

>middle ground fallacy
it's right in the sticky retard

>Extreme left/Extreme right
>"Truth"
>Arguments with strong foundations

I don't really care about your opinion, I deal in facts. Here's one: day of the rake can't come soon enough

Explain how my efforts "Do nothing". I tend to speak to people as if they are intelligent. Whether or not they are, is up to them and how they respond to me. I actually have strong convictions, I just know I will never get anywhere in life, if I can't compromise.

This is a decent point.

>changing people's minds through conversation

You're pretty dumb kid

>do nothing centrist

Hey wanna hear something funny? You don't have any pull on the political process despite not being a centrist. What's the point in calling centrists "do nothings" if the most profound thing you do for the country is argue on a message board?

Yes.

>Convincing me that conversation is useless through conversation

imo, True Centralists just want to be left alone. Or moderates before the left corrupted that word too.

Reminder that WW1 started because someone that took the middle ground got assassinated. People that take the center are often hated by both sides, they try to do the right thing and do what's best for people, while also trying to find a happy medium between, for example, nationalism and immigration (imo, we should be filtering the good ones, and rejecting all the ones that, not just the terrorists, but ones that fall below certain criteria as well. A lot of people here would want none at all, or all of them if you're a shill.)

Like this user said its tribalism. People that want to hold onto their ideals and sense of identity in the face of being crushed between 2 extremes. I'm just glad I hold more views that fall on the "right" side of the spectrum. For all the shilling and bitching about Sup Forums being nazis, when it comes to it, you guys are pretty alright.

tl;dr political extremes are cancer you wankers.

>t. I've never believed in anything in my entire life because I'm weak-willed, you're all faggots

>1+1=2
>1+1=3
>let's take the middle ground, 1+1=2.5

>muh moral relativism

It's not murder when you do it eh? Evil is evil user. It's not a mystical thing, it's a human thing.

The middle ground is okay on some subjects, on others you're just being a fence sitter because there is no middle ground (i.e. one side is objectively wrong, see ), or the "middle ground" just equates to no real action being taken.

I'm not trying to convince you moron, I'm telling you. Hopefully you'll actually observe people's interactions and convince yourself

We just need to love each other senpai

The liberals aren't the enemy, they're just brainwashed idiots

The enemy is CNN et al

Conservatives need to set an example of happiness for the crazy fools and they'll come to their senses

Just laugh at them for being dogs of Soros, ridicule is a better weapon than hate

They see us as hateful, we just need to see them so buffoons not enemies. Trump wants us to bring this country together. Comedy brings people together, even if that means laughing at millions of people with knitted vaginas on their heads

Is it not hilarious to us that these people are wearing fucking vagina hats

Unfortunately I'll never be able to witness conversations with others being useless because I'm not an extremist.

>Quoting Aristotle
>Ignoring the golden mean

Franz Ferdinand wanted a federalised Austria-Hungary where each nation could have their own area where they would run things, the same thing that the Austrians and the Hungarians enjoyed. He was assassinated by a Serbian who wanted the Serbian parts of Austria-Hungary to be part of Serbia.

Now take the middle ground, retard

Very good points mate.

I myself and slightly more right leaning, but "Centrist" in the sense I can appreciate the moderate beliefs on both sides. I personally do not have much identity "Loyalty" as much as I have the desire for something to freaking work for everyone. I want to solve the problems. I am not a tree hugger etc, and I could argue for literally anything you want me to.

There are things I wont compromise on though, and that is thus:

National and cultural identity
No immigration en masse, and requires complete assimilation
Self sufficient, and resource orientated.

>1+1=1
>1+1=3
>let's take the middle ground, 1+1=2

Most people are fucking retards.

Surprise.

i'm middle ground on almost everything. the main issue is that it's impossible to make any sort of meaningful action when you take the middle ground, unless that action is mediation between the left and right. if you want to make any sort of difference, you need the support of a collective movement which will always result in you subscribing to their beliefs to get that support.

it's all fucked. at least it's difficult to look like an uneducated moron when you're moderate about everything

Aand you do what exactly you agree with both sides and uphold your views,but you do not change anything even at a microscale and what will you do faggot when the war breaks out or a muslim beheads you,will you say "hold up i am not with then ....".Being a fucking neutral prick jas its consequences and we will learn this the hard way in the next 30 years.I always love how the centrists always point the flaws in ideas and ideologys,but they never come up with something better and nevere talk about concrete real life situations that we are facing today.Bottom line if you are white you will have to fight for your race or die like a pussy bitch,there is no middle line there,you are either white or against us period.

>political process

Family matters more.

If you aren't raising your with a core set of values and ideals, you will end up with the culmination of modern women.

Hard times create Strong Men,
Strong men create Good Times,
Good times create Weak Men,
Weak Men create Hard Times.

Weak men are the centrists that failed their daughters, allowed them to become whores and have children with multiple fathers that create a cycle of societal decay.

Centrists are the men who gave women the sole right of custody of children to the mother, and legislation that is inherently sexist.

Centrists allow this to happen because you have no real voice, and no opinion that actually affects the words of the people in your life.

Men of low caliber and of weak morality that are respected by no one.

It's actually literally a fallacy because there isn't often a valid middle ground.

It's literally called the middle ground fallacy.

>Why does no one ever take the middle ground?
literally the opposite? Nowaday, people are hardcore moderate centrist, that take no side.

they moved the goalposts so far left that the middle IS right wing now