Without saying degenerate

So without saying "degenerate"

What are the pros of being a sober human?

Haven't been sober for 10 years and I can't remember what it's like, I'm nervous.

Would like to be sober but I want to know what to expect first.

How do sober people handle stress? Common techniques? How do you keep a level head? How do you stay motivated?

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPoC4j1W82s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whats wrong with those dogs

If you're cold, they're cold. Let them inside.

Go attend an AA meeting

Those are bears you mong

are you an alcoholic?

being sober is nice because you don't rely on any substance to enjoy yourself. you learn to have more meaningful relationships and hobbies. you actually start learning things just for fun.

if you can, limit yourself to one drink. that's what I do. still get to enjoy a buzz, but never get to rambling/incoherent/embarrassing stage. i find i'm more productive after a beer or whiskey.

moderation doesn't work for some though. alcohol ruins many lives. there's a lot of AA groups where i live in manhattan and everyone i've met is very happy being sober.

I quit drinking steadily about seven years ago. I drink once every two years or so now. I feel better physically, I'm mentally sharper and I've devoted my time and energy towards productive things like raising my family and earning money.

Own a home, have a beautiful wife and two wonderful daughters. The future is bright and I'm on track to retiring early. It's pretty nice.

You'll feel a million times better getting good sleep. Get a humidifier for that too

I've cut back drinking to once every couple of weeks, sometimes longer.

If you try to go sober and do for several consecutive days eventually you will prefer not feeling like garbage to the temporary high you'd get from drinking

Hey man, get help. Go slow and don't think that because you might have a bad day and slip up, that it's all over.

Getting over any addiction is difficult.

Being sober is all in what you want it to be, just like being wasted is what you want it to be.

Take care brother, my will power goes out to you

Right, and I went on a 3 day drinking bender last weekend and felt like shit from Sunday until today

Pleasantries are unecessary if you are not lacking in confidence or self control.

Most of the shit that gave you an excuse to drink doesn't seem important anymore. When you have a clear head, you can easily work-out the thoughts and ideas and shit just isn't that important anymore, because well, it is easily solvable if you give yourself time to think.

It might feel weird just sitting in the bathtub working things out in your head sober for a while, but it's worth it. In my recent experience. The clarity is worth it. Things just sort of fall into place. When people say alcohol isn't the way to deal with things, they aren't bullshitting you. There's another way.

its subjective you stupid ass

I'll tell you what made me stop drinking: getting fuck-smacked by the reality of how fleeting my life is and how alcohol can easily devour huge swathes of time. There is nothing you have that is more precious than the remainder of your time here on earth. Not only does alcohol essentially make you stupid, enticing you to waste your time on retarded bullshit, but it also causes time to fly by like it's nothing and you'll barely notice or remember it. You can easily waste years of your life on alcohol. You owe it to yourself to spend every remaining moment of your life conscious and fully aware with a fully functioning, conscious mind. Every moment spent drunk is (pardon the pun) wasted.

>increased liver function
>increased brain function
>increased kidney function
>less chance of obesity (unless you eat like a cow obviously)
>learn health techniques to coping: lifting, meditation, hobbies
>free up money previously spent on booze

>Haven't been sober for 10 years and I can't remember what it's like, I'm nervous.
Alcohol? Currently quitting for my 6 millionth time, get a Valium prescription, the shit works wonders.

1. health
2. you are less likely to make foolish descisions

I've been sober for 5 years now, and it's the way to go
more productive
more inteligent
better health
sober you learns how to have as much fun as drunk you

kekd way too hard at this.

But seriously guys we cant let Trump have the nuclear codes

it depends on your personality
and if you really want to be sober

but you have to solve the reason why you drink if not you end up always end up emotionally unstable and back to drinking

youtube.com/watch?v=yPoC4j1W82s

you can hear it with greg giraldo hes uncomfortable and never got the his core issues
then he od'd

im wizard + 6 and have never touched booze

around 1;13 in btw

Being sober from downers is great because downers are shit.
Being sober from uppers or psychedelics is cowardice.

The way I quit drinking was by never saying never again... Knowing that I wasn't going to go without a sweet delicious beer ever again in my life was the easiest way to kick it.

Now I don't really think that the idea of having a beer, let alone twenty in a night, is all that appetizing.

Slip ups happen, the guilt is real... Just commit to not having it every day or even every month and eventually you won't want it at all.