[SERIOUS DISCUSSION] Trumps Orders Federal Government Hiring Freeze

For how long will this "freeze" last, and what are the expected consequences, positive and negative ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

nlc.nebraska.gov/stats/roi/How_to_do_ROI_Study_2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Expected consequences: Stop spending MORE money on (((government)))

It'll last until the CIA assassinates the dude.

But wouldn't these "freezes" be affecting only direct hiring, not contractors? Serious time frame for an "unfreeze"?

No negative consequences. It will reduce the size of government. Not one single government job creates anything of value, they only take wealth from hard working private sector workers and pay themselves for doing useless tasks on a computer.

I would know, I'm a government employee.

Trump has no idea how bad this is going to be for him, or he just doesn't care. It's okay to win by talking about helping the country, but to actually try and do it is suicide.

>Not one single government job creates anything of value
How exactly do you support this claim?

Bad in what sense? Suicide how?

Tell me the value of any government job.

>It will reduce the size of government.
Not really.
It wasn't a suspension of new jobs, just hiring people on. In theory it's have stayed the same size and even now could increase

It means less professional welfare recipients, which is what 90% of government workers are.

(Yes, this includes you, a large chunk of military personnel)

Vet here. Does this mean the VA will be even slower, dumber and more niggery?

>be 2011
>be depressed high school kid because rejected again
>have friends but don't really hangout with them much
>spend hours upon hours everyday walking in the sun
>get depressed waking up every morning because I wish I had died in my sleep
>still lift every night but see no purpose in life
>one day see all these "arrow in the knee memes" on the internet
>from a game named Skyrim
>have never played an Elder Scrolls or Bethesda game before, only FPS with my buddies online
>buy it during Christmas break of 2011
>most amazing and comfy experience ever
>the open world
>the exploration
>the music
>the adventure
>spend the next 3 years playing it until I've discovered all there is to see in Skyrim
>tfw I will never experience the joy of playing Skyrim again for the first time

one of my favorite games no doubt

also OP is a fag

Maybe for the executive branch, but as Congress has control over the entirety of federal government spending, probably not much of an impact at all.

Mailmen bring me my mail.

Put effort into your shit posting.

Good for you. I love Skyrim a lot too, the music and yearning for exploration you have is just so genuine.

nlc.nebraska.gov/stats/roi/How_to_do_ROI_Study_2.pdf

I'm a pretty big fan of public libraries and public electrical grids. Other than that, privatize.

Norbro knows the truth OP. The government is the prime example of wastefulness and ineffectiveness

As the other posters pointed out, there are several jobs that the government provides which are quite important for its citizens

Can Congress reverse his decision?

Yes, because the government holds a monopoly on priority mail. USPS is 100 billion dollars in debt. That's your tax dollars, now if mail was privatized then you would have much higher efficiency and lower cost with UPS and FedEx. Or other carriers.

What could be the negative consequences of privatizing every service?

You tell me.

He is doing it to stop the commie subverters the deep state is currently sending in masses to make sure they can retake government.

Trump is freezing the fed to deal with the ones implanted already.

This is Yuri tier happening.

he will begin repatriating the people soon too.

If a False flag wipes California and most of the commie Jews off the map, America will be 100% saved.

USPS is 100 billion in debt because they were required to fully fund their pension plan early, and they can't raise postage rates without Congress's approval.

>muh gubments bads
>gubments lazy and uzelezz
>muh private kompaniez can do it all
You are the one saying privatization is the way to go, so I'm asking again since you believe that's the way to go, there most surely be some counter points, what could those be?

what?

Yes. And private carriers would never do such an inefficient and unsustainable thing. Only the government is able to be in billions of dollars deficits. Private companies actually have to create profits, they have to actually create value.

You just go out on a limb expecting me to have something negative to say about my own views. I got nothing. I only see positives to privatization.

Inefficiencies will occur because firings cannot be replaced with new blood.

Also there could be bureaucratic backlash from those still on the job.

Basically, just expect a slower government that will get less and less of Trump's policy done as time goes on.

According to a press conference, Trump is doing it because he believes executive agencies aren't being effective whatsoever, so he doesn't believe their hiring methods are effective. The president wants to change agencies before allowing them to hire again.

How would getting rid of the USPS make it cheaper? UPS and FedEx are already more expensive even with their competition, and like you said they can't run on a deficit like the USPS can. Surely with the need for immediate profits their prices would be higher than current USPS rates?

Disappointing not everything is perfect, if you like that system so much you should know it has its shortcomings, I'm not disagreeing with you, I actually have the same point of view, but I would like to hear some counterarguments for it

How come, shouldn't the best people be the ones hired, or at least capable to prevent inefficiency?

So like restructuring them from within because of the prevention to find solutions outside?

This is an excellent question

bump

First person to actually shrink government agencies since...ever probably

Reagan did it