Anybody else have a hard as fuck time finding a good job?

Anybody else have a hard as fuck time finding a good job?

>go to trade school for process operator
>applying for summer work experience
>only place that responded was Shell
>have 3 stage panel interview
>they went with another candidate
>graduate 2 years ago
>only had 3 interviews in that time in small rural towns, each job had hundreds of applicants
>tried applying for the trades, as a helper/labourer, and at all the local unions
>spend a few thousand on safety certifications and training courses
>no response
>took 6 months to find a job as a forklift driver
>been making $18/h since 2010($12/h USD) no raises at all, have to find a new job if you want a raise, everything job maxes out at $18/h
>just enrolled at university out of desperation

Is suicide my only option? How the FUCK does everyone on Sup Forums have such high paying jobs?

Other urls found in this thread:

cheniere.com/
piworld.com/article/finding-skilled-workers-changing-workforce/
youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who would hire a leaf

join the military

>applied for electrical apprenticeship
>union and non union
>showed up at a shop twice a week for 3 weeks straight asking if they needed a shop boy.
>got job as shop boy
>boss is on interviewer panel for union apprenticeship selection
>get placed high
>get a call in 2 weeks and got accepted.
>prior military

Apparently that is all it takes.

You're not looking outside your comfort zone, friendo. I was in an even worse situation from you, when I finally told myself I need to get the fuck out of my comfort zone.

Found a recruiter out of state, got a job. Packed up my entire life in 1 month. Started a new life in another state for 6 years (even bought a house), until I found out an oppurtunity to move back to my home state for a better job. Sold the house, and with in 1 month, again, I packed up my entire life, and moved back.

Keep your head up. Look for states that are desperate for your skills, and GTFO!

sorry leaf, I didn't notice your flag, so you don't have states. If you're in a rural area, then look at bigger cities, or areas surrounding bigger cities.

but you get the idea.

>Looking for jobs in Canada

I hear there are construction jobs in the future along the southern border.

King leaf is actively working hard to make sure there are no jobs.

Of course you can't find a job you stupid leaf.

Come with me to the US :)

Yeah i'm in community college to make myself a bit more employable beyond retail wagecuck, but it's so boring and uncool.

I'm halfway done for my associates to be a bookkeeper, but who knows if I'll get a job or not since I hear they might just automate the whole accounting process.

Knowing my luck, I'll end up back in my mom's basement.

Companies are abso-buttfucking-loutley retarded when it comes to hiring people, I went to school with some guy who didn't even know what the word "volatile" meant and now he works at a goddamn oil refinery making 80k starting, trades are always complaining about drug addict workers then refuse to hire anybody who they're not related to

I should just give up and grow weed

At least you don't live in Rotherham and haven't gone through four different college courses and two apprenticeships before giving up because Social Justice and muslims are fucking everywhere.

Don't worry, Trumperino is bringing back all of the sweat-shop and coal-mine jobs that we have missed out on these past few decades. Hopefully he dials back the wimpy cuck labor laws so we can work more hours and get our kids in the business sooner. It'll get better soon.

Kill yourself you stupid fuck. There are no jobs, automation is destroying everything. Asians are more skilled then the white man and we can take the tech jobs. Go shoot up heroin and die cunt kike. Stupid ass poor cuck. You're moms a filthy kike fuckin whore and I hope she dies do. I would laugh if she just died of cancer lololol.

>make 9/hr
>hear normies complain about wages

anybody else know this meme?

Go on welfare.

Then you'll do something at least to make the system collapse sooner.

Maybe next time you should not have been born candian

>be Canadian
>no jobs
>prime minister invites millions of immigrants into your country
>now even less jobs for Canadians

i had a hard time grasping the concept of making over 10/hour
lets say i go to college to become a programmer. where do you even fucking apply for an internship?

I just got laid off from the best job I've ever had... Companys contract didn't pull through... Now I gotta look again, and probably take a step down in pay.

Shit blows, man. Apply all over. Apply for anything you think you can do, regardless of experience "required".

apply to a place. show up every 4 days for a month pestering them.
acquire job
this is not hard.
Jobs are just queue lines. you gotta keep making a connection with the bosses and show how willing you are to work.

Tradeau will help you, just ask him.

OOOOOOH WWAAAAAAIT

Get fucked leaf

>go into IT, websites to be more specific
>freelancer
>work 60+ hours/week
>100k yearly income

Has it's ups and downs, but if you want money, there's a good profession that will never run out of steam...unless the Internet dies or something.

Microsoft or Google

>internship
Don't. 95% of the time they're illegal anyway. And they don't actually help anyone.

I got a 70K job with a com sci degree less then a month after graduating. I had one summer of teaching modding to high schools experience. So no.

Yeah mate. You get a job, do it for a few years, say to yourself, fuck my life and quit because you are going to nowhere with your life. Get poor, find another shit job, rinse and repeat.

Mate, after a while I just told everyone to fuck off. Now I just do the minimum to keep on welfare and train my body to deal with any faggots who want to question my life choices.

Don't kill yourself. Way to much shitposting to do, we need your help.

Fpbp

>college
>programmer, internship

self teaching and self employment seems like the cheaper option

>process operator
cheniere.com/
Here you go faget, they are expanding like a motherfucker. Sometimes you must move to shit areas for opportunity.

It's a combination of skills, training, dumb luck, and who you know. You're going to have to literally apply to jobs like a full time job, if you want to move up / sideways in any fashion.

Long gone are the days where you can just show up and be hired.

Any chance you can cover yourself in shit and pick up a Syrian accent? I heard you people are crazy for that.

Colleges have job fairs. You put a resume together, send it to the companies, if they like you a little you get an interview, if they like you a lot you get an internship. Of course, knowing people in industry is always a help.

Pretty damn false.

It's exceptionally more difficult to break into these jobs without a degree. You'll also get paid substantially less, even if you run circles around the degree folks.

>will have my masters degree in cyber security 2 years from now
>the unemployment rate for cyber security is a negative number, anyone with a degree and an internship will get 70k starting entry level
Feels great.

Most people on the internet are full of shit.

I was in a similar position to you a few years ago but I was in the experience trap at the end of University.

The only way out of your predicament is to take anything then use that to get something else. Slowly you'll start moving closer to what you want and you'll have the experience to actually know how to excel there.

Yes, it's rough and those years will be humiliating when your friends parents' are helping them out but you will really know yourself which is what matters when opportunity comes.

>tfw worried about graduating when the next recession hits

2008/2009 was a long time ago, we really are due for another sooner or later and if it hits you when it's your year you're absolutely fucked

Join LinkedIn

Scan Kickstarter and GoFund me for well funded startups that are shit in the areas where you can help them. Especially relevent for cyber security related work.

>graduate from top-25 law school, bottom half of my class
>take and pass bar exam
>no job lined up; family legal representation commitments preclude most gov't work
>go solo
>two cases fall right in my lap
>they're miserable pieces of shit that some other lawyers already fucked up
>student loans are probably over $200k now
>can't pay shit

Learn how to run machines. They start at 24/hr at my place, and we can't find enough people to keep everything running. With overtime, my uneducated ass made over 80k last year. If Trump follows through on what he says is gonna happen in the energy sector it's only gonna get busier. Yea, robots are probably gonna replace me at some point, but that's looking to be at least a couple decades out, especially with specialized processes.

I'm in school for this right now, you really gotta know people in the industry. Join campus clubs, make friends with teachers who have experience in the industry, classmates, etc. It also helps to live in a place where there are plants or be willing to move. If you're white and not a liberal faggot, try moving to Texas.

Keys to getting a good job:

1. Put in a lot of applications.

2. Go to a lot of interviews.

3. Find a good job.

I'm a felon. I laugh when people talk about a "tough job market." But I'm employed, at a good job, because I applied, told the truth, and worked my way through the interview process.

I don't feel sorry for anyone. I make $18/hr working 45 hrs a week in a low-to-mid-level cost-of-living city. Basically, I write my own ticket. Why? Because I'm willing to do what needs to be done. I'm willing to work. I'm willing to ignore the job market and profess loyalty to a single company.

The company is Dean Foods. I make ice cream. On weekends I go to Vegas and roll the dice, because I can.

You're all a bunch of cowards or NEETs. And I don't give a fuck, because that's more women for me.

a couple decades out? LOL good one

Japan w/ the bantz

>be me
>only done masonry work, mostly chimney
>apply to company that makes jet parts
Air force
Navy
GE
Pratt
ect..
>get interview
>get along great and joke around with head of HR
>Get in
super out of place
>on the job training learning CNC, Presses, sheet metal, welding
solid career out of fucking no where with no college or experience...

Keep trying you can do it

>job loyalty
Seems like a real thing, until it isn't. Everything seems hunky dory until it isn't. Good luck, user.

No. I got a six figure job at a household name right out of college despite having no connections.

Maybe don't major in (((liberal arts))). Maybe don't spend your semesters partying and actually get a good GPA.

>Kek
>barely graduated high school
>took faggoty art college for 1 year
>made web pages that got 1st on google searches
>work as laborer find it hard to not find job
>currently make more than tradesman without taking training
>almost out of debt
>starting my own faggoty art business
>and bitches love me, they love my penis
>mfw

I got paid by CTR for the duration of elections to subvert these boards and debate trump supporters on Reddit. Now that she lost I still shitpost, what can I say, it's my dream job.

Plus this is good practice for the portfolio I'm handing to George Soros.

Just be positive user, find something your passionate about and your dreams may come true.

better than me

I went to GATech and graduated with a mech engineering degree. Make minimum wage at 30 doing CAD/CAM work for a small mom and pop.

From what you are saying, it looks like I am a loser.

Fuck.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the felony for?

Does the type of felony matter at all to inteviewers?

I dunno, I deal with a lot of irregular and one off parts. I'm told that's the projected timeframe. And still, there's gonna have to be someone to program and inspect everything, which is what I'm moving into. Times are fat for now anyways.

Eh, you'd do well to consider the fact that corporations have all the money. It's not about selling out, it's about living now. I am going to live. Since I'm not one of those people with access to all the money, I'm going to do it one dollar at a time. But I AM going to live. Suicide is only for suckers.

>Work in Telecommunications
>Hired in 2012
>Start at $14.20/hr
>Now make 22.40/hr
>Rate cap is at 28.40/hr
>Will be $29.50hr in May 2018, when collective is up. Wage can only go up from there

I'm doing alright.

>be me
>graduate from meme psychology bachelors degree
>look for a job
>first job I land is as a Mental Health Tech
>First day of work I get told that I'm going to be the only male in all female staff
>Every female visibly flirting with me, even the young troubled ones
>Every female smiles
>Making $14 USD an hour full time
>After a year with the experiences my paycheck increases to 20$ USD an hour
>No debts

Welp. Remember kids, mental health will always be needed, if you want a career that pays and will never die.

i just want to make more money camwhoring

No, I don't mind sharing. The felony was Armed Robbery. It happened a long time ago, so I talk about it as if it happened a long time ago. "You're talking to me as if I'm the person who committed that armed robbery. I assure you, I am a completely different person now."

No I can get a job easy
It's the getting out of bed and going that's the problem. Plus those first 3 hours of crippling depression that I get once I arrive at work...still don't know what's up with that.

>>been making $18/h since 2010
I would have fucked off in 2 years if I didn't get a raise by then.

What kind of machinery certs you got? All the training courses around here for big equipment cost at least 5k each

lmao and they believed you. You're still the same person, what idiots.

Haha, I get this too. Crushing depression like I'd rather just end it rather than even try with all the bullshit.

Seems like it could be autism.

>be me
>graduated with bs in computer science
>landed first job at 50k
>found a job still during the worst of the economic downturn for 80k
>worked aggressively for various companies
>10 years after graduating, make $102/hr
>most days have nothing to do because of dumbass management
>get paid to browse Sup Forums on phone and while taking a shit

This is why you go into computer science and work hard fellas

Nigger.

nice roleplay, but I can't believe a felon burger flipper makes 3 times what I make as a mechanical engineer from one of the top schools doing actual engineering work.

if you're white try to immigrant to the US.
we have a shortage
piworld.com/article/finding-skilled-workers-changing-workforce/

>working for $6/h
How desperate are you lmao

>tfw two years experience in retail
>tfw can't even get a job stacking shelves in a supermarket

This country is fucked. I have nothing to celebrate today.

your useless do nothing jobs should be the ones getting outsourced, not the actual skilled labor

I make $25 am hour as an intern. Get good pussy.

Do the honorable thing and join the military.

>be me
>go to law school
>got my law license last July
>already had a few people in my network pay my retainer fee ($3000, which is $150/hr for the first 20 hours), so sitting on about $30,000
>Also getting a job doing licensed document review at about $25/hr for a 40 hour work week while looking for a firm to apply for
>spend my weekends having sex with my boyfriend and spending time with his wife and her boyfriend
>have friends in high places and able to pass as straight, so no chances of getting fucked over by any legislation or governmental bullshit
>living well below my means also means if I somehow do lose my law license or have to quickly leave my life, I have a fuck ton of money put away

Living the fucking dream. Right now I am sitting on about $15000 in savings. I live on about $700-800 a month and make $4000 a month on the document review stuff. May also have one of my friends who retained me need my services soon, so I get to tap into that.

I'm not a burger flipper. I'm a worker. I spend my days putting ice cream gallons onto pallets and moving those pallets to the loading dock. In -20-degree temps. If I weren't a worker, I wouldn't have the job, people get fired all the time for being lazy sacks of shit. But I'm not a lazy sack of shit, I stack the ice cream, and when the pallets are full, I hop on the fucking forklift and take them where they need to go. It's fucking INDUSTRY. I don't apologize for my paychecks, I earn them. And when I have something, I know I earned it. It's a fucking startling revelation - YES, HARD WORK CAN ACTUALLY GET YOU AHEAD IN THE USA!

youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

Yeah, I'm a felon, I used to be a guy you needed to fucking worry about robbing your weak ass. Now, I'm just a guy you need to worry about taking your woman.

This shit boggles my mind.

I thought there was a shortage of engineers and the job market is better than ever for them. That's what I was told all throughout highschool. Did something in the industry suddenly change in the last few years?

A buddy of mine who graduated with a chemE degree had to apply to around 400 jobs before he was hired. What the fuck is going on?

Yep exactly, just sit there for the day debating if I should quit or stick around the five months and get fired. I'm only somewhat happy when I am doing nothing. It is the same thing for every job I've had since 2011

The only fun job was UPS preload where I would steal iPads from Apple stores and sell them on CL for $500 a pop. The fucking place didn't even have camera.

>YES, HARD WORK CAN ACTUALLY GET YOU AHEAD IN THE USA!

You sir, are a breath of fresh air. This is exactly what this whole election is about.

I hope you've been able to help convince others that this is a possibility for anyone willing to discipline themselves.

Aw look at the little roleplayer everyone. He actually believe hard work can pay off, precious.

I basically do the same except instead of ice cream it's hazardous waste, I only make $12/h USD

This job got hundreds of applicants too, that's how bad our meme economy is right now

Shit all I do is stand around all day and make $12 an hour.

Best part is, I'm already looking into a job that does $15, pretty much the same thing.

>shortage of engineers

nice meme

Siqq new pasta

Saved

H1B visas

They can hire 6 substandard poos for 1 american engineer. Even at minimum wage I'm over priced.

Online resale/collectibles.
Its the best. I'm my own boss and can make as much money as I want to, work whenever I want.
I regularly buy things for a few dollars and sell for hundreds or thousands.
Aiming to break 100,000 in sales this year.

I got fucked by oil industry crash. Was out of work 5 months out of college.
>312 applications and inquiries
>24 phone screens
>18 interviews
>1 job offer
And I am happy as ever with the job I got. Just gotta be persistent.

>Tfw working 32 hours a week for 16 hours pay as my boss forced me to sign shit saying I would do 16 hours voluntary work.
>It's this or be on jobseekers for marginally less money and have to deal with DWP cunts on a weekly basis trying to trip me up.

For me it's normally the first hour, then the last 4.

I think the big thing that my job isn't stimulating. I don't learn anything, don't get to know new people, don't travel anywhere.

I plan to take the money I earn and invest and/or start a business. I care and am passionate when I'm leading and it's my money. Being an employee just paid by the hour for the same Ol work just doesn't do anything for me

>>spend my weekends having sex with my boyfriend and spending time with his wife and her boyfriend

sigh

Pajeet took yo shit, for half the pay.

Trying to make some fresh pasta?

Cringey as fuck

>Ending up joining the family radio business.
>Have worked there since highschool (about 11 years now)
>Basically used it as part time work during college until got degree
>Degree has gotten me fuckall in terms of jobs
>Do tech work at the radio business basically semi-fulltime, but not hardcore engineering or anything
>Basically no skills, nothing of value to put on a resume, nothing of our system to really carry over to other jobsites either
>Once this ship finally sinks, and it most likely will in the next 3-5 years, I'll have literally nothing to show for it but some cash in the bank.

The college meme fucked me and then nepotism and my own retardedness fucked me harder.

Don't participate, take your savings and go into the woods.

Yeah process managers are worthless now. PLC's replaced your job like 50 years ago. What a fucking joke that you thought that was a worthy trade to learn.

What is it about white people always wanting to run into the forest? Shit must be genetic

Why not graduate from Stanford in computer science then work for Google, or any companies in the Valley. All of them are hiring.

you gotta keep trying. I once got the odd man out of a two out of three hire. You just keep going. Eventually someone hires you.

It's not a white people thing. Ascetics exist in every culture. Instead of woods, Middle Eastern ascetics would retreat to the desert.

Same thing, same goals.

>tfw 25, degree'd and only making $90k, job that includes significant travel
I feel like I goof''d somewhere in life.

I know PLC programming and control theory but it's been useless in the job search, now i'm going to have to go back for an engineering or computer science degree

what I really hate is when they put you through a bunch of hoops and don't hire you.

Nice b8