I took the Trade-School Pill

Am I fucked? 1 year program covers Plumbing, Electrical, Hvac, and Carpentry. I wanted Comp-sci but all the uni's are stacked with chinks and poo's, and my grades didn't cut it. Im eventually gonna get a BA degree down the road. What do you guys think? What should I do down the road?

Other urls found in this thread:

nesaw.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would you rather be in 60k debt and in the same position? That is the scenario for about 80% of uni grads (20% in stem) for up to 3 years after graduating.

Truthfully, uni is better, but the payoff period is around 40 years old to break even.

Btw the payoff is at 40 because a bachelors degree only gives an average of 10-20k more per year but most people lose 4-6 years of wages at 30-40k per year.

Electrician is master race

Hol up, so you sayin... Trades is kangz? I mean I could always open a business later on. Do you need a degree to start a business? Does it really matter?

Trades is kangz. Kikes brainwashed a generation into thinking it was beneath them, now some of the best jobs in Canada are being filled by non-white immigrants cause whites chased after a career that doesn't exist.

Boomers are a lot to blame too in this case, not just ((them))

>learn a trade
>can't find work
>time to give college another shot

That's nice, I appreciate people in Trade School cause they are generally more "hands-on" experience, which, in many cases, is more valuable than trying to go after Computer Science.

I'm Indian, and even I got fucked over by my own kind.

By the way, should I go to become a lawyer/buisnessman? Is it worth it and is it redpilled?

How's the job market for trades? Are they really high demand? Or is it just a meme?

You guys have it easy, in straya being a tradie is like getting a fucking degree, 3 years apprenticeship, 3 god damn years working for someone who teaches you plus going to school.

There's supposed to be a huge shortage of young welders (my trade), but I can't seem to get anyone to hire me. I could just be retarded though

iktf. it sucks

1 year? Wtf kind of shit program is that?

If you're getting a job in welding you're probably retarded to begin with.

1yr to obtain certificates, then 2-3 yrs paid apprenticeship.

that's because no one wants young welders they want guys that have 15 yrs exp and are pipefitters or they want people who they train and certify themselves so they don't have to pay them as welders

>too dumb to compete
>Becomes a racist

Boy you sound like pol, in sex, career and in life

Machinist or gtfo. All other trades are pleb-tier.

Just move to other city, what trade are you doing?

Trades are the fastest growing job market in every single developed country.
A retiring generation of tradies will leave a bunch of positions open and the new generations are not joining at repacling rates, there is such a shortage of bricklayers and plumbers in Australia that plumbers charge 75 dollars an hour in Sydney and bricklayers charge around 55-60, but bricklayers are harder to come by, especially experienced ones for difficult projects, in fact the government is so desperate over the retiring generation of bricklayers that bricklaying is being added to the skilled visa.
So if you know bricklaying you can come here and make a killling

I'm a mechanic. I just went on my own a couple of years ago. I charge $150 for first hour and $95 an hour after. I get so many calls I can pick and choose what I want to do. I made $86,000 last year.

shower in the morning and be a house-poor nu male
shower in the evening and be a red-pilled neo nazi (but still house-poor)

You really don't understand the current state of canadian (((universities))). Go to any college town and see the affirmative action on the street. 8/10 are poos, chinks, lgbtqrsm1488420 etc. It was hell going through uni applications seeing a question of are you white or are you xyz minority. Check out Dr.Jordan peterson's work.

Nursing is the real truth. As the Boomers get older the demand for workers grows exponentially.

Can someone confirm if HVAC is any good? There is a trade school here that offers it, is it easy to find a job if I completed it?

>

>109116594
>. I wanted Comp-sci but all the uni's are stacked with chinks and poo's, and my grades didn't cut it.

You didn't write this?

HVAC is like the business degree of trades

What is that supposed to mean?

You're going to be making more money than a doctor or an attorney once you go out on your own, plumbing especially.

Dude, plumbers and HVAC are all year round.
I wish I took the HVAC instead of building trade.
Heat and Air people always need those,friends furnace goes out, ac goes out, money all the time.
Plumbers, too. Shitters always full.

Go signal your bullshit elsewhere faggot. I clearly explained my grades didn't cut it, there was a multitude of other reasons why I picked Trades over university ie-debt, job market, affirmative action, economics etc.

HVAC here

80k/year not even trying. Could have lots more work if I want it. Know a guy who gets $250 just for showing up on the weekend.

It's the most popular trade, it's easy to get into. I know my hometown has an influx of HVAC atm.

Kek

Yeah and ibeecided not to play pro ball

outta work WWTPO here

HVAC fag here. Pay is good, job stability is excellent, and you don't have to pay off a $40,000 school loan. feelsgoodman

Electricians and plumbers are by and far the most popular trades.

ive never heard of a school that teaches electrician unfortunately. I wouldn't know where to look for training

In rural areas, you can make good money with a trade.

>I wouldn't know where to look for training
a local union that accepts apprentices

>Am I fucked?

Well, its only one year. The worst thing that can happen is you learn something useful, and go in a different direction. You are expanding your options either way.

You can do university later if you still want. You can learn programming without school.

>1yr to obtain certificates, then 2-3 yrs paid apprenticeship.
What the fuck?
>1 year program covers Plumbing, Electrical, Hvac, and Carpentry
That isn't even long enough to not fuck up making a plug or stapling carpet Jesus no wonder Canada is fucked. Their "professionals" are no better than open shop Mexicans and Niggers. Even after a 5 year apprenticeship, which is the norm in America for electrical, you continue to learn so much after the fact. All these trades are being introduced to new technology on top of the basics which take years to be solid in especially Electrical and Hvac.

lmao maybe ur just a dumbass I know for a fact that if they accept less asians at universities than they could and the only real affirmitave action goes to indigenous kids that dont even bother going to school b/c they already get monthy checks from government. ALso public school is like ridiculously easy and you could have gone to a community college that doesnt have any grade entry reqs and is like 50% than actual uni. stop making excuses for ur retardation why would anyone want to hire a skilled labourer thats a dumbass like u

>electricians and plumbers are the most popular
>age gap in trades from 25-35
>an entire generation that believed the college meme and too weak to work with their hands
>popular
Dude the turn out rate for Journeyman Electricians is abysmal.

I really wish I went for carpentry or some other trade meme in school. Currently working on a degree in networking/servers and shit. The Swedish army recently opened a new division for intel gathering and cyber security, so there should be even more jobs than before.
>DFW no poo in loos in Sweden

Given the poos and the chibks likely cheated like fuck to get those grades be glad you aren't working in an it field. Because i shit you not 80% of my work is unfucking chink and poo copy and paste bullsht code

It's honestly a great trade. Made $45,000 my first year, now I'm making upwards of $65,000 for being one of the lead technicians at my company.

Im 6'5 chad in toronto lets meet up

Either this is a very common thing, or I saw you post about this the other day. There's nothing more frustrating than correcting other peoples' shitty jobs.

You would need to pay less in the future since now you know how to fix things yourself and if money gets tight, you could do oddjobs here and there. It's also an experience you can talk to people about.

Life is long man. I guarantee you won't regret learning a trade for two years, especially when the paychecks start coming in and you aren't paying $1000 a month in student devt

This. Unions give you free schooling while putting you to work right away earning $$. You start off at a lower wage and make the full amount(roughly 80K+) after you finish the apprenticeship.

College is for suckers. Work is always in demand and you accumulate zero debt learning a valuable skill, beat that.

Isnt it near impossible to get an apprenticeship if you don't have family or connections?

>but the payoff period is around 40 years old to break even.

so most people won't live long enough to see any benefit?

if you go carpentry go to this place, we hire a lot of their grads

nesaw.com

>Go to job interview
>Tell HR lady I'm certified through WTTI
>"What's that?"

I can't tell if I got scammed or what.

>Do you need a degree to start a business? Does it really matter?

no, most of the smartest people drop out to open a business

>canadians
>being skilled tradesman
Pick only one you fucking cuck artists

yes, you are fucked

I got a 2 year degree, and haven't got a job a year later. still working a dead end job

what did you get the degree in?

It's shit here in Canada unless you have connections or lots of experience

t. trade school grad been looking for work 2 years and now drive a forklift

No, because everyone is on the college pill, demand for more people is there because no one wants to do this kind of work anymore.

Plus keep in mind unions make money off new people too with the fees, and more power in numbers, so it's win-win to bring in more people.

Welding is just a meme. Everyone goes into it because of promises of huge wages. Even all the foreigners try to go into it.
If you can get experience welding while doing another trade you'll have a lot better luck.

Maybe some get lucky, but overall it's a pretty competitive field to get into and usually welders don't like to take on apprentices because it slows them down which is bad if they're self-employed.

Its Exteremly common.
>Hey lets hire Pajeet and Chong at a a third the cost of a western coder and use the rest of the project budget to give ourselves a bonus.
>Pajeet uses stackexchange.
>it's not very effective.
>Chong attempts to understand project brief.
>It hurt itself in its confusion.
>keep reporting everything is fine
>cilents it guy/guys come to look at the software so they can train the staff
>OH JESUS FUCK SHIT THE SERVER IS ON FIRE.
>this is whyteman computing how can i help you?

Like fucking clockwork

what happened bruh?

to be an industrial electrician

Is Uni worth it in the UK or is that a meme like it is in the US?. I had in mind that I'll start up my own business after I got some years of experience as an electrician.

1 year is not enough to adequately cover those 4 subjects, you need to specialize or youlll just end up a glorified janitor.

my girlfriend is a nurse and says males get higher priority in getting higher education because there is so few around.

need a tall strong guy to grab the high boxes and move the old fucks around.

>keep reporting everything is fine

Every case of working with stupid/uneducated people.
>Try to get feedback on their work.
>It's going great
>Ok but what have you done?
>I'm not done yet, but I've worked on a lot
>Ok, sounds.. good
>Day before deadline
>Nothing to show for
>Hours before deadline
>I'm done now
>Check the work
>IT'S FUCKING GARBAGE
>NO TIME TO FIX IT
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It depends. If you're getting your degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering, you're fucking set, no matter how much you get into debt you'll make a fuck ton of money as long as you finish. Other paths are a gamble.

They only really get priority in certain areas, like psychiatric wards and such.

Who /draftsman/ here?

I also agree, have two relatives in the nursing field. It's something that will always be in demand and pays well.

Bottom line is don't blow good money on stupid shit like liberal arts, pick something useful to society and master it. It doesn't always have to be IT stuff or an accounting/business degree, plenty of options out there.

POO

Fellow Indian here too. I work with tradespeople and they are decent people.

Not round here lol. In the US though- I had nothing but appreciation for them.

Genuinely good heard human beings who are very humble.

kek

Just wait till they start railroading the browns from the middle east through your university system for diversity points.
YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SHIT YET SVEN.

>did a course 1 year and half course that covers plumbing, electricity, hydrolick/air systems, welding, automated robots programming, etc...
>at the end of the course, realize I know a bit about everything, but I'm literally specialized in nothing
>can't find job in my field
>find a job as a cable guy
>fast-forward 6 years, currently making 60k
>job is easy as shit, meet qts all the time, get to drive around town while playing loud music and take breaks whenever I feel like it

Really glad desu. I genuinely enjoy my job for the 1st time in my life

I'm canadian btw

>60k
>in beanerland

make it pesos and i would believe you

Trades are based. No need to put yourself in debt chasing a Jewy law degree or having to deal with chinks who bribed their way into uni. Real skills will get you a real job.

t. electrician

Fortunately they're not doing that here. Most shitskins are reading meme tier business programs. Because the only interest they have is money and playing gangster.

I have one shitskin in my class. He's narcissistic, does shit work and people are tired of him. No poo in loos. Two Asians (who are failing?) and one black guy. The rest is like 30 white guys. Even Chads, somehow, who all are bro tier.

It gives me hope that I get to work in a field, still dominated by white men.

hook me up with free telemundo

I'm a canadian visiting mexico, sorry for thr confusion

>affirmative action,
>Go to any college town and see the affirmative action on the street. 8/10 are poos, chinks,

lmao. asians/indians aren't there because of affirmative action, they're smarter and try harder than you you fat virgin. unless you're seeing beaners and niggers galore then there's no affirmative action, you just thought being white gave you the privilege of getting ahead of minorities. now that you're on an equal playing field you cry racism LMAO