>2017: Post Wall
>still doesn't own a firearm

WHAT THE FUCK user?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/12/daniel-zimmerman/gun-review-walther-ppq-m2-9mm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the jokes on you

i have a dick, thats my gun

why did you choose a subcompact 380 over a full size pistol?

because its hard to conceal sometimes and it scares alot of ladies

reminder to buy from federal ammunition, go to buds gun shop, and visit the sonoran desert institute

Banter aside

How popular are lever action rifles in Rooland?

>implying

>2017
>not owning a space rifle

the whole "firearm" thing in australia is a meme.. sure it will take a good 5+ months but after that, you can own about any rifle you can think of (alrhtought you need a license for a pistol to get a rifle)

lever actions arent popular, bolt actions are very popular tho, but thats down to the law i think because police get sketchy with semi auto/fast firing guns

Get that poser shit out of here

Kek, here in non-kangaroo-straya you can literally walk into a gun store and take a bolt- or lever action rifle right with you, including ammo.

I bought my first .38 rossi at 17 Craigslist is goat

>2016+1
>not owning a Taylor rifle

I only go to bars and its illegal to have a gun on you when you're drunk and frankly I'm never sober.

thinking of getting a glock 19

also i have to get my concealed carry license. any recommendations on pistols? and any other firearm? i probably will collect

>you can own about any rifle you can think of
Semi autos are illegal mate
Unless you're a farmer with 10,000 acres and you need to cull hundreds of kangaroos

>poser
>"owns" a g11

Shield 9 is the best cc pistol in existence

>you can own about any rifle you can think of
No
>You need a license for a pistol to get a rifle
What
>Lever actions arent popular
I was on the waiting list for 6 months before I got my Adler and the waiting list is still that long

seems sneaky lol

Jokes on you I just finished cleaning and lubing up my firearms

>inb4 sub compact memes
If you train with your Glock 19 or 17 you should also carry it. Training with the 17 and carrying some completely unrelated sub compact only endangers you by giving an unwarranted sense of security.

Is glock 19 for carry or no? The glock 42 is a super nice little carry gun IMO. If you want a full size pistol to have a full size pistol, look into the CZ75 family. The SP01 is amazing

I'm lubing my Shield as well.

But I do.

For CC, shield is the best semi auto.

for carry

Because reasons?
The main concern about a CC weapon is fighting with it, not the concealment part. So "it's tiny" is more of a con than a pro.

Novice here, know nothing about guns but am thinking of getting a hand gun. What's a good, reliable gun? I like the look of a 1911, but it seems retarded to buy a firearm based solely on aesthetics. What do?

Do you want a metal or polymer gun?

1911 looks great. my great uncle has his from when he fought in the korean war. way heavier than i thought

You want a Glock 9mm. 1911 is a high maintainence meme.

oh my fucking freedom... in what states are RPG's legal?

my friends dad has one, it seems excellent for that.

It's not tiny. It's just slim. And 0.2 inches is nothing to sneeze at.

glock 19

Hey carrying anons. What do you think of the Walther ppk? I've been thinking of buying a gun for the range/home defense and I like James Bond. Seems cool, but what do you think?

Why would I need a gun now that the wall's going up?

I would steer clear of the 1911. They are antiquated and stupid as hell. They pretty much only exist for competitions these days.

I like the feel of metal and don't mind the weight when shooting at a range, but in my very limited experience the sig I shot felt a lot better shooting than the ruger 1911.

I would lose the 5mm of belly fat and carry full size instead.

What should I buy.

Ok I'm going to save you the bullshit and give you a list of excellent guns to consider.

>CZP01
>CZPCR
>CZSP01
>Springfield 1911 Mil Spec
>Sig P226
>M9

1911 are neat, but not as versatile of the countless options out there. Get a Glock 17/19 or an HK VP9.

holy shit what state are you in for an SBR? Also how long did it take for your ATF tax stamp to arrive?

A heavy handgun is an accurate handgun. A smaller, lighter gun can move around more.

Just save yourself hundreds and buy a Bersa Thunder, it's better anyways.

More about the 1911:

It’s a 100-year old design. It needs tools to disassemble. It has unreliable magazines. It is finicky about ammo. And, as a single-action pistol, it is unsafe for 95% of its users to carry. Then there's the issue with slide-stop failures, and the whole internal extractor/external extractor situation. Either of which would be serious enough to kill any other design’s reputation in the shooting world.

Many of what I just described above about the 1911 applies to the PPK, as well. It is a very old design, one which has been eclipsed by more modern designs which can do everything it does better.

Why not lose the 5mm of fat and carry the shield?

Do you have something against a slim frame?

Looking to one day get a model 28

My only firearm so far. 1953 Russian SKS. Have a Mossberg 88 coming in the mail too.

Want my advice? Get a smaller gun. Newfags always think they need something large & that they're Rambo, then end up not carrying as much as they should.

Get a solid 380 & load it w XTP rounds. They go 15 inches from small barrels w expansion. And remember a 380 is the same diameter as a 9 & only 2mm shorter. In a real world defense situation the difference between the two won't amount to dick.

Glock 42, Sig p238 or a Colt Mustang. Had them all & all excellent quality/easy carry. I prefer single action, hence why I kept the Mustang.

Mag dumping 7 rounds of XTP loads into a bad guy in under 2 seconds, they're def not gonna live anymore. Anything else is overkill IMO.

Then are autos legal? Because there's semi and auto and if semi is illegal, then what is left?

Halves the capacity for no good reason.

For CC? I'm a fan of revolvers, but that's not the best CC revolver to have.

Now if you're talking about open carry, that's a good model, but Smith and Wesson makes the TRR8, which is hands down a better revolver for open carry.

Halves the capacity in comparison to what, precisely?

There's also lever action, bolt action and breach loading shotguns.

To a full width gun with double stacked magazine.

THE ONLY GUNS I NEED ARE THESE 24 INCH PYTHONS BROTHER!

WHATCHA DARKIES GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA STARTS SHOOTING YOU!?

I don't fucking care what the autists in this thread think, 1911s are neat guns that look amazing and shoot well.

Also they're perfect to pass on to your spawn.

sounds good, i'm not that experienced with guns, so idk much of the specifics you were talking about.. just got a friend who has a glock 19, that shit was good.

Nice, but desu famalam I'm a fan of the older style N frames.

Also

>tfw i'm a commiefornian in uni in oregon

Apparently some of the counties here give CC permits to out-of-state counties. Still gotta do research, looking to get in before I graduate in May, and in time for Trump enacting national reciprocity

*out of state residents

i'm an autist and if I went into a gun shop to get a firearm they would look at my nervous nature and deny me. So I will spare myself that humiliation.

Hard to find lever action shotguns these days.

So 9 rounds wouldn't be enough for you? You're willing to print harder and have something that weighs more before even adding ammo to the gun (which will, again, wind up weighing about double due to the double capacity).

Makes me wonder exactly why you would even bother concealing.

Agreed,1911s are great.

Awesome. From what I just researched seems like exactly what I'd be looking for.

Thanks. Yeah, that mostly just seems like a pain in the ass. Not a collector, really just looking for functionality.

No prob. It takes time to learn what's what & what you prefer. Single action are like what revolvers w hammers have, but on a semi auto it cocks itself after each shot. Its the shortest trigger pull you can have, hence the ability to rapid fire.

Then there's double action guns that have a long trigger pull. Safer, but follow up shots are longer & people tend to be less accurate because of the pull. Glocks are striker fire & somewhere in the middle.

I honestly feel the opposite. The 1911 is to gun owners is what Arch is to computer users, presuming that Arch hadn't seen any updates in over a century.

i have this gun. its a bad gun

For a semi auto, I would recommend a shield, but there are plenty of other guns that are just fine, too. If you like Walther's, check out the PPQ.

thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/12/daniel-zimmerman/gun-review-walther-ppq-m2-9mm/

I have more than just that gun. I like it. It's a rough shooter, which means it is a good gun to train on, because you'll be able to fire anything.

Also, it fits perfectly in my hand.

>Hard to find lever action shotguns these days.
>There's also lever action (rifles), bolt action (rifles) and breach loading shotguns.

>So 9 rounds wouldn't be enough for you?
If you know beforehand when you are attacked and exactly how few rounds you need you clearly have an advantage over me.
>You're willing to print harder and have something that weighs more before
Why would anyone care for that? If you are concerned about your safety and these are irrelevant issues, if you are not you just don't carry at all which is even more comfortable.
>Makes me wonder exactly why you would even bother concealing.
Legal reasons obviously.

I only want a 1911 (the Springfield Mil Spec) because they look cool as fuck and are a piece of history. Also they're metal and I like metal aesthetic guns.

Agreed. Had one, traded for an LCR in 38. Much MUCH better. That trigger is a god.

I'm sorry OP, I'm still trying to get my life in some kind of order. I'm a poorfag, and a gun just is not on my priority list

If you exist on planet pussy.

i love mine

so single action fires quicker?

Illegal

Sorry, misread about the lever action.

>If you know beforehand when you are attacked and exactly how few rounds you need you clearly have an advantage over me.
I carry a revolver. If I can't put down/dissuade the threat in 5 rounds, it isn't worth pulling the gun.

>Why would anyone care for that? If you are concerned about your safety and these are irrelevant issues, if you are not you just don't carry at all which is even more comfortable.
If you don't care about those at all, you open carry. Concealed carry implies that you don't want other people to know you are carrying.

>Legal reasons obviously.
Open carry is a thing, too, you know.

Wow. It's not-- do you suck cock?
It's-- how much cock do you suck?

OC is not a thing *here*, only CC is legal.

>upside down
For what purpose?

Ah, then you only want to CC because you CAN'T OC. You don't actually care if people know you are carrying, only that you can legally carry. Fair enough. But if you're actually wanting to conceal for the sake of concealing, then you need to begin balancing the pros and cons of everything.

The Midwest. It took about 6 months. Wait time now is up to 9 months and climbing.

>needs tools to disassemble
It requires nothing more than a single punch to disassemble all the way to the bare frame, which you shouldn't ever have to do.

>unreliable magazines
There are a few different magazine styles and feed ramp styles. Buy mags that correspond to your gun. I have a Sig so I bought Sig magazines. No issues

>unsafe to carry
Hammer back, safety on
Or
Chamber empty
Or
Hammer down

>internal/external extractor
Most 1911s have internal. Sigs have external. They both work

Man, it sounds like you should try buying a quality gun. I've put over 3000 rounds of factory reloads through my 1911 and I have had exactly one failure due to bad ammo. Is it as easy to maintain as a Glock? No. Does that mean it's hard to maintain? Fuck no. As long as he is aware of certain things, like that most parts won't be drop in, he can make his own choice. A 1911 was my second pistol after a CZ82 and it is my favorite gun

Phoneposting

Its a shorter trigger pull so technically yes. Look up videos on single action vs double action to give you the basics.

If it were legal I would still CC. There is a considerable margin between having a gun in plain sight and having a printing gun.
Even though you could theoretically spot that somebody is carrying, nobody is going to observe you that thoroughly. It goes unnoticed by most people.
Even though it's right to say that hiding the gun is not my primary concern.

I've put at least that into my PPQ, and haven't even had one failure, got it for less than a 1911, and haven't had any of the problems that you try to explain away regarding 1911's.

It's old. It's outdated. It's shit, and genuinely thinking that they are superior to any modern gun, aside from Hi-Point (with which it is SLIGHTLY better, simply because it won't break, unlike Hi-Point), is the equivalent of thinking that Chuck Norris does everything that every Chuck Norris joke claims he does.

>springfield 1911
enjoy your imported grenade

nice bakelites mate, but
>AR SBR in a pistol caliber
1-800-come-on-now

>smith and plastic
kek

assuming thats authentic russian and not yugo/chink, noice

>dumping an entire magazine to stop one guy
lol 380

hope that's chambered in something decent m8

>skorpion, decent 1911, bakelite mak, and a gp100
best in the thread so far

rest of you need to step your game up

Nobody ever said they aren't old or outdated. Thanks for disregarding every one of my points instead of refuting any.
The bad ammo that caused the failure in question was a batch that had been seated too deep.

It must suck to only be able to own guns that give you the X T R E M E tactical advantage. Can you tell me what it's like being allergic to fun?
>pic related, fun

i hope to god you got a PPQ in .45
otherwise, every single person here is laughing at you

Stop hogging up all the gay

What's wrong with a 9mm SBR?
>it's fun

I have other guns too, you know.

I'm saving money for one.
Just got my CCW two days ago.

What do you think about the Springfield XDm and XDs?
I'm stuck between the Shield and those.

its a whole lot of bulk for what is essentially a slightly-more-comfortable 92fs as far as combat functionality goes. for fun? hell, why not.

i dig your bakelite though, what country is the bayo from? been trying to find one with a bakelite grip for a reasonable price

>bushmaster, poly-frame bolt-action .22, a weenie pistol and a grenade
i'm stunned that you don't own one decent weapon

More SBR

This gun must be shit since it isn't a PPQ. I'll probably die because this gun will fail on me

Granted I don't know that much about guns, but that article basically sold me on the ppq.

Glad I could help.