BREAKING: TRUMP ANNOUNCES 20% TAX ON MEXICAN IMPORTS

The trade wars have officially begun, looks like Americans will be paying for the wall after all!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6oYz6E1q158
youtube.com/watch?v=UlWCAdp6sys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

i don't ever recall buying anything that was made in mexico

The 20% tax will pay for the wall.

Worst Canada BTFO!

This is a pretty big deal, by the way, because if Mexico is smart they'll do a pre-emptive strike, by taxing American imports by 20%.

>Haha we don't export much to them xDDDD

You do. Over $200 billion a year in exports go to Mexico.

>southern border wall
w-why specify the "southern" wall?

Welp. This is going to fuck over some southern states. Especially Texas.

I hope you guys like paying more for produce.

i think you know why, leaf.

Surely you've seen something with "Hecho en Mexico" on it. Even i have and we don't trade nearly as much

that's not paying for a Wall, donal is really losing this one.

not everything is consumer goods

20% tax on american imports.

And so it begins.

You did, unless you have extreme autism and look at every tag, alot of shit is made in mexico

I hate that goblin looking motherfucker. I wish that hyperkike would kill himself.

This is going to hurt American companies and the consumer more than Mexico lol. This is what happens when you put a retard in charge of Economic policy.

Umm, americans are the ones who pay that 20% tax, not mexicans.

What happened to taxing remitances by a small amount?

>I hope you guys like paying more for produce.
The entire way produce is grown is outdated, inefficient, and backwards.

youtube.com/watch?v=6oYz6E1q158

Why do you ask? ;^)

HO HO HO

oh my

the degree to which your government has lost by not simply writing us a check cannot be overstated.

if this is accurate, again, it is possibly the biggest L your country could have taken because your government wanted to look tough in front of its people. It's absolutely devastating.

First post reddit post

They literally depend on our shit to SURVIVE.

1. Vehicles: $74.9 billion
2. Electronic equipment: $62.9 billion
3. Machinery: $49 billion
4. Oil: $14 billion
5. Medical, technical equipment: $12.2 billion
6. Furniture, lighting, signs: $10.8 billion
7. Vegetables: $5.5 billion
8. Fruits, nuts: $5.4 billion
9. Gems, precious metals: $5.1 billion
10. Plastics: $4.8 billion

Dammit that means were gonna have higher prices on agricultural commodities

A lot of these are components they need to make the crap they sell back to the US (and others).

I bet he doubled it because President El Taco was a acting like a little bitch

forgot the first part

Mexico's exports to the US amounted to
$297.5 billion or 12.9% of its overall imports.

Avocadofags BTFO

>implying beaners buy 200 billion worth of goods
>implying beaners can afford 200 billion

neck yourself leaf

Wait, if there's 20% tax on your imports, won't than make them more expensive on your end? In the end you're the ones paying for the wall. Somebody help me understand how the tax is gonna work?

Nice source cunt

>the first two weeks of this presidency

LMFAO THAT BOI DOIN IT

they could just mail cash to mexico
the tariffs are something flashy, so that economists will yell at mexico to go to the meetings

The economic war has started as prophesied.
We no longer fight with weapons, but with information.

Isn't this really bad for us because we have to pay 20% more on everything that was made in Mexico?

Fuck Im not gonna lie Mexican coke going up is gonna suck.

The ban just got 10 feet higher

Time for Mexico to make trade and Military deals with Russia if Trump keeps alienating our trading partners this is not good on the long run

Most Mexican-made products consumed in the US are consumed by Mexicans living in the US. If you aren't White, you aren't American. The increase in price will make all but the most dedicated "hecho en mexico" fags shop elsewhere for domestic products.

The money is coming one way or the other.

The USA will buy from other places. That's what this forces.

SO MUCH GOOD NEWS FOR US, FIRST THE TPP THEN THIS SHIT

our economy is gonna grow.
>tfw we export fabrics
>tfw we export sugar now not the vietnamesse
>tfw wire transfers do so much damage to both economies and they're gonna be over soon

Sauce?

>tax Mexican prodcuts by 20%
this is gon hurt muricans more lol
?????????????

Are you from reddit?

Americans will feel les inclined to import Mexican products, which forces your President to accept negociations with trump

Is Tequila gonna get cheaper here in Leafland now?

BEST TIMELINE

I am so proud of my first presidential vote.

THE MEMES ARE NO LONGER JUST DREAMS

wtf? americans will just end up paying. just take the money beaners send south...

Like from Canada and China?

it was a great decision not pay for that Wall. he's defending the soverign of the country, something you cant understand my sheep friend.

>born just in time to see a real USA/Mexican war
I'm bringing my binnoculars

you won't be able to sell the same amount if you keep the same prices with an increased tariff

markets have a magical way of working this type of thing out

Mexico gets all sortys of gibs from America. Daddy Trumps cuts off all aid and leaves you to the cartels who can no longer sell on drugs on 'merican soil or siphon back illegal funds; Trump keeps the teat withdrawn and instead funnels it into building the wall.

Oh never mine, I guess this would make more people buy Mexican products less because it would cost more?

Only if the people exporting from Mexico raise the price of their goods, which wouldn't work because then we can just get them from elsewhere.

Ultimately, what is gonna happen is that Mexico is going to lose a serious amount of money and be forced to do a second-hand trade with the US i.e. trade them to a closer nation first and then trade them to the US. Naturally, they will have to cut their prices.

This was the plan all along, protectionism might bring back some production but its going to be more expensive to buy the produce instead.

Can't wait for this whole thing to explode so I can see our politicians begging on their knees to Trump to stop raping them so hard in the ass.
In the meantime I guess we will be keeping all the avocados for ourselves.

NOW YOU'RE GETTING IT???

Does that impact the latino fast food chains as well? Like in a $15 burrito?

>> The trade wars have officially begun
Oh Snap!

That's exactly what trump wants. He wants meximart to "one-up" him with a tax increase of their own, so he has every reason to cut off Mexico entirely from American trade. 43d chess dude.

I for one would love to see trade with these people cut off entirely.

>Umm, americans are the ones who pay that 20% tax, not mexicans.
No, the companies in mexico are the ones going to have to pay more to bring their shit to us

Yeah, I'll explain it. Your shit will be too expensive and no one will buy it. You will lose enormous amounts of money, even more than it would cost to build the wall. Therefore, you will just PAY FOR THE WALL.

"country"

kek

You have to go back Paco.

Guys it's a negotiating tactic

Now Mexico will come back and say "oh don't do that how about we pay x amount"

Have one of you ever haggled before?

Also trump just can't slap a tax on congress has to do it

DAY OF THE RAKE

>a real USA/Mexican war
Please, those beaners would be wiped out in a week's time... We may have the added benefit of raping California in the process.

Maybe in highly competitive industries Mexican companies can't afford to pass the tax onto the product price.

No they won't. Americans can buy elsewhere essentials imported from Mexico. This just fucks Mexico in the ass.

>butbut we're you're neighbors what do you mean you don't like drug cartels why should Mexico have to fix that problem?

if its paid for by the tariff on imported mexican goods wouldn't the companies that gave there jobs to mexico be paying for it and not american citizens?

not really
burgers won't buy products form Mexico unless they have too
And I still don;t see how this hurts American companies more

>mexican intellectuals

The burden skews toward the country that needs the transaction the most.

youtube.com/watch?v=UlWCAdp6sys

>Mexican goods get 20% more expensive
>Muricans still pay for the wall
Quality economics

JEB NOOOOOOOOOOO!

>Country

Fuck off you illerate mogoloid trade is the best way to keep friendly relations with all nations of the world

They already exsisted the us just didn't play them

That would only be true if there were items that came exclusively from Mexico. They can't pass the entire costs on to the consumer because they still need to compete with other countries.

>Auto industry BTFO
So, this is why Ford, Dodge, and Chevy are moving back to Detroit.

It's almost like he had a plan from the fucking get-go.

DAY OF THE RAKE SOON

F

Spic detected. You got to go back

>Mexican goods get 20% more expensive
Then they can't compete in the market and aren't bought

We don't need most of what comes from Mexico, it can come elsewhere

The computer parts from DELL and a Maytag appliance I bought had shipping addresses in Mexico.

I'm fine with whatever. Just put a stop to these fucking spics.

This, he's said how it will go many times at rallies

>Mexico says they will pay for wall
>Puts 20% tax on American imports
>give monies to America

Holy shit constellation beverage is about to get fucked hard since the have recently tried to push cervasas so hard recently. Absolute kek.

Oh man, another tax.

Trump realizes that taxed pushed on companies dont hurt companies, and the cost is passed on to the consumer, effectively making this a tax on the american buyer right?

So Trump is basically raising taxes on the American family who doesnt get to decide where their goods are made.

This is in no way forcing Mexico to pay for the wall, this is Trump hanging it in our ass. This is the sole issue I have with Trump - tariffs and taxes are passed on to me, and do nothing to hurt Mexico.

Or we don't buy it and buy it elsewhere forcing Mexico into negotiations. Who else are they going to sell their bullshit to, Belize?

Why is everyone in this thread so retarded?

>DURR THE TAX HURTS AMERICANS

It's a border tax. Want to sell your goods here? They'll be forced to lower the costs by 20% or we won't buy them

You're all dribbling retards

Nobody is going to mail cash if the alternative is to pay something like max(0.01%, $100) to the government every transaction. They won't mail large amounts because of safety, and they won't mail small amounts because it's more expensive than just doing a transfer.

No, companies don't pay taxes. They aren't sitting on a large pile of cash somewhere. They have to pass the burden either to: investors, workers or consumers. In this case it's most likely going to be consumers.