Sup Forums thinks free trade is bad and tariffs are good

>Sup Forums thinks free trade is bad and tariffs are good

You know how I know you didn't go to college?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YtlXkJGKwao
huffingtonpost.com/vladimir-a-masch/the-myth-of-comparative-a_b_581814.html
jacobinmag.com/2016/02/geismer-democratic-party-atari-tech-silicon-valley-mondale/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm sorry. I tried to warn them.

Ah yes let's gut the middle class of developed nations so that shitskins can earn $2 a day instead of $1 a day. Brilliant.

>OP is a stupid faggot who can't see past his own bias and view things objectively and individually
You know how I know you went to college?

I have a degree in economics son, but the utility from economic means is only one side of things. If products get cheaper but other facets of your life get worse was there really any utility gained?

If having to associate and interact with Mexicans is a huge negative on my utility, would getting rid of them be worth the loss of utility from increased prices and fewer goods imposed by the tariff?

In my case, I am 100% willing to sacrifice a bit of my own cost of living to get rid of the Mexican infestation.

I'm a STEM guy, englighten me with some of that social "science" macroeconomics for a minute, what is bad about it OP?

Most Americans aren't

>implying free trade isn't another side of the anti-Western (((coin)))

>Brazil
>knowing science
Top kek

You couldn't do problem 1 out of my graduate E&M book (Jackson)

t.jew

>free trade
>US corporations become multinationals and move into foreign countries to exploit their weak governments
choose 1 you conflating faggot

I don't mind buying Mexican products, if they're competitive. I don't want to buy US products made in Mexico.

I actually studied through Jackson in undergrad E&M bro, we did Jackson, Griffiths and Zangwill.

>be happy, goy! Sure, you lost your job and have become a minority in your own country as shit skins surround you and commit unprecedented levels of crime while your culture and history is destroyed before your very eyes, but hey, at least you saved 6 gorillion shekels on your new iPhone!

(((economists))) should fuck off and die.

Well they should try winning elections the

You know how I know you took one econ 101 class with a communist teacher?

you are the proof that a degree doesn't equate to intelligence.
stop embarrassing me you uneducated fuck.
my diploma is worth something, but it won't be if you don't shut your ignorant, assuming, delusional mouth.

Confirmed shitposter with no arguments

Is that why the candidate and party for more vibrant diversity won the Legislative, Judicial and Executive branches?

mmh so all leftists against free market are indeed uneducated, right?

What I dont support is what comes woth this free trade

>globalist shill

Tarrifs will be good in short term until other countries put up their own tarifs and us exports get hurt = depression.

is what i said right? xdd

we don't have free trade. They limit us, we don't limit them. It's stupid.

They simply don't realize globalism is the future. They are blinded by archaic notions of nationalism and thinking of themselves in terms of an isolated world where they're the center of the universe. It's the 21st century buddy, you're not alone on this planet and for the good of humanity it's time to unite and tear down our artificial divides. Nationalism is what cripples scientific and economic progress. We are in a modern dark ages with nationalism replacing religion as the culprit. Crack open a book, go outside, talk to people of different races and backgrounds for once, and close the tab. Then you will see what I and all normal people mean.

>get fed pure neoliberal, globalist propaganda in college
>wow I'm so enlightened now

you're no different from the trannies who by the "genders are a social construct" bullshit I remmeber getting pushed in college. Guess what? It's all a bunch of liberal arts bullshit.

not even a little

Tariffs are a great way to promote local production and investment

the only people who are against tariffs are billionaires attempting to keep the cost of labor (and therefore living standards of normal people) as low as possible.

Because we didn't learn the simplified, simplistic, basic economic models telling tariffs are bad?

>implying tariffs are bad
You know how I know you don't play Vicky 2?

There is literally no evidence that trade is beneficial to both sides.

>neo-luddite who thinks robots cause economic depressions calling anyone else archaic

oh the ironing

why don't you go smash up a cotton gin?

No arguments to be seen

If you start a debate at least be ready to present some actual arguments

Nationalism is actually most of the reason you have any scientific and economic progress.

You also think creating a monolithic state governed by the same unaccountable mismanagers of nation states is a good thing.

At least with nations the damage is compartmentalized.

I have a degree in finance. I'm going for trumps proposals. Protectionism worked in the past. There's no reason it won't now.

This, 100%, I majored in finance.

>What goes on in the world right now is free trade

Good fucking joke. Try to expand your company to China and find out just how free this trade really is.

I would give up more than how my quality of life for a high trust, high agency Society.

Don't listen to the anti free trade and free movement stormfags.

Sup Forums is a libertarian and ancap board, we just have a lot of stormfag nazis who belong on /leftypol/ right now.

/thread

>trade profits should be valued over all other aspects of society
you know how I know you're Jewish?

I believe you.

This.
/thread

you know how I know you're a statist without any arguments?

ARF ARF ARF
youtube.com/watch?v=YtlXkJGKwao

this

huffingtonpost.com/vladimir-a-masch/the-myth-of-comparative-a_b_581814.html

outsourcing is a false god

inb4
>huffpost

the article is just hosted there it's not by an actual huffpo writer

Some things are more important than wealth.

but Stef is pretty close to being NatSoc these days.

He has compromised A LOT on his "ANCAP/Libertarian" stance. He even makes anti-immigration and pro Trump videos now.

>free trade
>requires 30,000 page multilateral agreements
>said no one ever

>just leave the leftists alone they won't hurt anyone :^)

>more money for Jews and the rich
>higher levels of immigration
>jobs being outsourced
Tottaly worth it. Aren't these cheap bananas great?

Here's all you need to know. We are building lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of wall. Then we are going to throw you the fuck over it.

G E T
E
T

T H R O W N
H
R
O
W
N

Bullshit m8. I like protectionism. It's a political choice. It has winners and losers, but these winners are banksters and corporate cadres.

>You know how I know you went to college

Oh my sides

>free trade
>allowing mega corporate conglomerates to dominate all trade
Pick one

>Unironically being a utilitarian

>(((college)))

Communism doesn't support free trade, retard.

It's literally the opposite side of the economic spectrum.

Mexican factories will gladly pay the tariffs to access the American marketplace. While American factories will be able to compete with their cheap goods. The tariffs can be used to give tax breaks to US factories.

>you didn't surround yourself with libtards and adopt their political views without first forming your own opinion?
>must be retarded

Son, I have bad news

put that twink in the fucking oven where he belongs, get that disgusting shit off my board

>I have a 4 year degree in internationalist feminist lesbian studies
>this means I'm pretty much an expect on economics

member when libs hated free trade?

I member.

>college

Economists have proved themselves retarded time and time again. Free trade is only good for the super rich, the middle class aka the only people that matter are screwed by it.

they still do, they just think if they call something "free trade" righties are logically compelled to love it or they're giant hypocrites

There are no borders in a one world communist state, comrade

>You know how I know you didn't go to college?

Appalling grammar.
I'm guessing you didn't go to college either OP?

>doesn't realize that economists only understand prices and not value
>believes that money is the ultimate good
>cannot comprehend anything outside of "HURR LESS MONEY IS BAD ECONOMIX"

We aren't arguing that protectionism is a more profitable system, we argue that protectionism is a better system for preserving the nation, of which is our goal.

too bad neolibs started under the Democrats and not the Republicans

jacobinmag.com/2016/02/geismer-democratic-party-atari-tech-silicon-valley-mondale/

because i took up a trade and mortgaged my own house at 22 therefore im not drowning in assrape debt?

Oh boy, the classroom guys.....
Realworld here. Family importing almost the most of europe of 1 consumergood. From China ofcourse. Already discussed and calculated. We can pay 10 % tariff and not have the price change for the consumer. And still keep getting filthy rich....

demoshits are eternally stupid and cannot understand righties on any topic ever

That doesn't make it free trade, retard.

Pick up a book!

Like we want to poke the big bear. Are you stupid. The US can stick the tip in and we will still smile that they still like us.

It's the same idea

a border less world where people and goods move w/o restriction all ruled over by an omnipotent "elite"

the only difference is under the communists you have Jewish Bolsheviks and in globalism you have Jewish Goldman Sachs CEOs.

The working class is actually the primary beneficiary of free trade. When goods are cheaper, the blue collar dollar stretches more. Only the 8.8% of the workforce that works in manufacturing stands to gain from protectionism, but their bosses will gain the most as protectionism will force Americans to their products regardless of how shitty or overpriced they are. As more money flows into manufacturing, the 81% of Americans who work in services will be fucked over and many will lose their jobs entirely.

Thus, protectionism fucks over pretty much everyone for the benefit of manufacturing CEOs and the people who happen to work for them.

a million different products, services and businesses. And still claiming they can predict how it will work as if it is all the same.
Economists are like filosofers.

>filosofers