Trump is asking congress to approve %20 tax on all imports to Mexico to pay for wall

twitter.com/OKnox/status/824713031846334464

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-congress-234242
es.portal.santandertrade.com/analizar-mercados/estados-unidos/cifras-comercio-exterior#classification_by_country
es.portal.santandertrade.com/analizar-mercados/mexico/cifras-comercio-exterior#classification_by_country
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_incidence
worldstopexports.com/mexicos-top-exports/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And u think congress will allow it?

Ai no señor Trump my culito es muy pequeño para tu vergaso

Yes, a very dumb move because the American consumer is paying for the end product in the end.

but yes.

I believe Trump wants America to buy American products instead of cheap (but quality) ones.

This is because the peso is cheap, and this would discourage American people to buy from Mexico.

we'll see, Libby

>quality

kek

We shall see indeed conky

Yes it's true, why do you think Trump wants to raise the tax?

there's no other explanation, unless you want to pay 20% more for products made here, you'll instead buy american made ones.

Why do economic retards always ignore currency exchange rates?

I'd rather buy American made. the 20 percent increase is to pay for the wall

Fuck you mexicunt. We're fighting here trump at home, do something about that Pena Nieto.

>Mexico to pay for wall
We went to war for not paying some shitty cakes and you expect us to pay for a fucking wall?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA of course they will you liberal retard.

What a fucking beast

But you'll keep buying our products, Mexico doesn't really lose anything :)

Unless of course you want to buy american made ones, at a higher cost.

politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-congress-234242

>Some of Trump's proposals, including his infrastructure pitch, aren't even priorities for Republicans. Instead, they're targeting health care and taxes atop their agenda, both monumental tasks that could easily exhaust much of the GOP's political capital.

>the American consumer is paying for the end product in the end.
No, they'll not buy mexican products anymore and will buy local instead, sorry but is how the market works
ANd now that Mexico fail to be the Hispanic superpower who should carry the flag... my bets r 4 Uruguay or Guatemala because their names r funnier

>all the mexican intellectuals in this thread that don't understand the fucking point

Trump is leaning on Mexico. Whatever Mexico could do to the US the US can do to Mexico 100x worse. It's not even about the Wall anymore. It's about getting El Presidente to bend the fucking knee and realize his countries place.

Wew lads, what makes Sup Forums think that mexico will not impose tariffs on American products ?
is right^

>americans quit buying overpriced mexican shit
>americans buy more american products putting unemployed and depressed americans back to work

>mexicans lose jobs
>mexicans lose money
>hurting americans

Yeah just like Ameruca is bending to us

>the US can do to Mexico 100x worse
Wrong, America exports at a much larger volume than Mexico imports from America

Quick question. Why do i have that one freakyfriend in facebook who keeps posting that trump is the savior of jerusalem?

please. you are a pampered proxy state and not the epig jewz that Sup Forums makes you out to be.

Explain the trade deficit

Breh, commiefornia cant sustain feeding the rest of the country. Alot of produce comes from the south. Believe me, the poor are gonna feel this one.

It means manufacturing in the US will increase if things are deregulated; company's build factories here, products in turn become cheaper once again internally. Making Mexico completely irrelevant as usual.

whatever. we can eat a bad trade deal with mexico. they really aren't that important.

commiefornia is not operating at anywhere near capacity. neither is any other agricultural state.

73% exports vs.13% exports. With a much, much, much larger, stable, and diversified economy on top of it. Who do you think gets affected more here?

>But you'll keep buying our products
Why? The most we get from you is produce, and there is already a very real drive to buy local when it comes to our foodstuffs. This drive is not going to fade away, especially now that Trump is in to fan the flame.

You know what grinds my gears? I bought a Fender Squire Telecaster back in 07 for $100.00. The fret work is great, the action is nice, and the intonation was perfect. I bought a Made in Mexico Telecaster last year, and the fret work was rough and poorly filed, the intonation was fucked, and the fret buzz sucked balls. Also, the tuning gears had loose nuts, and the pick guard was poorly screwed into the body and is slightly raised. Pure fucking laziness. I finally got it set up and now it's plays pretty well, but I am still wondering how the Chinese were able to whip up a finely crafted guitar, albeit cheap, and the Mexicans fucked up my $600 Tele. Pisses me off that Mexicans don't take as much pride in their work as the Chinese did.

They werent operating due to lack of water. 1 month of rain wont relieve the state pressure to keep up with demand.

Probably a catholic
Then why do you give us all this money? Because we own you that's why

but fuck you just meet him and tell him:"sorry we pay for the wall"

Well only Mexicans buy Mexican stuff desu

Now no one will want to buy your shit

Holy fuck you mean this stuff is going to cost 20 cents more?

WTF I love NAFTA now

Except thats not Mexico paying for shit.

Thats Mexican companies suffering and American consumers paying more.

Mexico export to US 81%
Buy from US 41%
US buy from Mexico 12%
US export to Mexico 15%

Still waiting on the capital move to Jerusalem, jew. What is the hold up? We are tired of playing games in that shitty region.

>take a person who is already depressed
>give him a minimum wage high hour job
>price of all goods are inflated

>depressed worker now is even more depressed and commits suicide

such a great future

nice try paco! source?

the more you struggle the more it's gonna hurt Mexico

you earned this wall with your runaway crime and corruption

just accept your punishment so you can stop being a leech.

Why would commiefornia need to sustain the country when it is the last place we should grow food? Do you know what the fucking south is still based on, mate? Guess how easy it will be to grow that industry when the cheap produce from mexico is no longer so cheap.

there are dozens of viable engineering solutions to California's water problem. most of them are being cockblocked by environmentalists. remember that famous aqueduct ya'll have? there are places to build another one.

is BancoSantander 2015 and is iin spanish but sure u can understand
es.portal.santandertrade.com/analizar-mercados/estados-unidos/cifras-comercio-exterior#classification_by_country
es.portal.santandertrade.com/analizar-mercados/mexico/cifras-comercio-exterior#classification_by_country

This is completely stupid

Are you Americans aware that more products are sold by you to our contry than the other way around?

Mexico can pull a 20% tax on american made products too.

It's not negotiable, this won't happen at all.

We can grow avocado, we can produce tequila, we can make or produce everything u guys make.

Think of it this way, you will probably impose tariffs on American goods aswell, which will in some areas of industry will spur growth in your own nation to fill demand. Its painful but in the end it will grow areas of both of our economies that are needed to make each of our nations more independent.

There are literally so many things you as Mexicans could produce and actually profit off of such as cheap plastics, organic chemicals, oil products even, agricultural products , iron and steel, the list goes on.

H-how much for Jeb guac?????????

ur market is the 10% to them but the US market is the 80% for u so u r fucked if they do that

We lose 60b with them every year.

VENEZUELA 2.0 ON STEROIDS

>No voy a pagar por el muro

TOP FUCKING KEK

Not as much as you may think. When it comes to food, ethnic Mexicans are the prime purchasers of Mexican food in America. I'm in Cali, and it's highly rare to see white people shopping in Vallarta.

So in a way it's even better, it's gonna be wetbacks here in the US paying for it.

Lies, I don't see a wallmart in every corner, I live here and hardly buy american made products if at all.

Maybe this laptop DELL here, and I'm not even sure it's even made in the US.

>Mexican Intellectual
Tell me, what do you do for a living?

what are substitute goods?

ok so where do u sell ur things? these that u do to sell to other countries? El Salvador doesn't buy that much....

>80% of Mexican exports are to the US
>we threaten a 20% tax
>Mexico capitulates since they have no one else to trade to
It works out perfectly

PRESS F FOR MEXICO

It will be sad but somewhat amusing when I see the first avocado cartel beheading.

S

>Tax US citizens
>B-BUT IT'S TOTALLY MEXICO PAYING FOR IT

There you go. Case closed

>republicans will agree to a drastic increase of american taxes

Keep dreaming drumpfkin.

It might just be a border adjusted tax based on a 20% tax on products sold in the US plus payroll deductions. Go on the dailywire abd read what they said, it is more likely

What the fuck are you saying lmao?

Pay for the wall or face the consequences. This is just the beginning, we can't afford to show weakness now.

I'm not against the wall, but this is a bad idea.
Tariffs just end up screwing over the common consumer but making stuff more expensive.

depends how easy it is to change your behavior

I think consumers could choose other goods easier than you could change supply

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_incidence

worldstopexports.com/mexicos-top-exports/
Literaly everything you export the US knows how to make and has sone alternatives. If making in the US will become cheap agian you are truly fucked

No thank you, I already love my current career lol

I'm a Medical Doctor, currently working towards my specialty, and also USMLE approved.

Probably I've bought quite a lot of American Textsbooks now I come to think of it tho.

Food made here

I don't have anything against American people, but I really think your president is retarded.
Build a wall if you want, it's your country after all. But asking Mexico to pay for it is disrespecting the people and my nation here.

Thats factually false. They export industrial equipment

PRESIONE F PARA PAGAR LOS RESPETOS

Yes its true.

But the US many things to Mexico, and remember that the US is not the only country not the most cheap one to buy things in Mexico.

If they raise their taxes, so we will. And that's not good for American Entrepreneurs and CEO's

They won't let Trump get away with it.

>asking Mexico to pay for it is disrespecting the people and my nation here
Welcome to being a third world country
If we say jump, you jump

You may be "punishing" mexico, too, but US citizens will be the ones paying. They will get less for their money. It's an additional tax on them, like any other tax.

But let's be real, Trump never had a way to make Mexico pay, only complete retards (see also: Sup Forums majority) believed it.

We wuz deported and sheeiit

>weeding out depression

I'm not tired of winning yet.

You act as if you have a choice in the matter.

>US citizens will be the ones paying.
poor US citizens, which means niggers and spics

No, but they'll approve something like a 10 pct tarriff.
It's called highballing, paco

for free?

Wrong

Moving goalposts?

Besides, what you said is complete nonsense.

is one of the few things that the president can do without them, foreign policy, and that's what this is