Pol will defend paying 20% more on goods

>pol will defend paying 20% more on goods

reply to this post or your future daughter will marry a CTR shill like the one above

immunity is permanently granted if you copy this post & use it to derail future shill thread & posts

Because 80% of their exports come here? I do not understand the question.

dammit

Cause OP doesn't know tariffs are placed on goods as they come in, not as they're sold

>I don't understand basic economics
Like pottery

Newsflash. Mexican companies will raise all exports by 20%. You'll be paying 20% more for Mexican commodities. You are paying for the wall, not Mexico.

Mexico will export shit into U.S. with our yuge tariff. because it'll cost more to buy anything made in mexico people wont bother and Mexico will have paid more for very little gain. Gov gets money to fund wall from tariff. simple goy.

>Implying people will buy Mexican commodities

no one will buy shit from mexico then.

what about my current daughter?

>people stop buying Mexican goods because of tariff
>Mexican companies limit sale of experts to us
>wall isn't funded because Mexico stops selling

Good job retard you stumped yourself

>Newsflash. Mexican companies will raise all exports by 20%.
newsflash, some of those companies are secretly american. higher product prices is the whole thing they were trying to avoid

We're mexico's biggest customer.

/thread

Please, never.

Wow fresh meme straight outta 2008 thanks CTR

But it's taxing US citizens, not Mexicans.

You may claim that "but this will hurt Mexican exports". Yeah, it might, but no Mexican money will be paying for the wall.

Because it will equally hurt the American citizens hit by the tax increase. Because they're the ones paying for the wall.

can't have that happen

>move production to Mexico because it's cheaper
>tariff
>oh shit not cheap anymore
>wtf this quality is shit we're leaving
>move back to america
>more jobs for americans
>mexicans lose the only decent jobs they had
>riots and unrest and unemployment

Mexico can either bend the knee or face a trade war they can't possibly win and possibly get their government overthrown. The wall's going up either way and they WILL pay for it.

they are nothing without us. nothing. nada. zero. zilch.

>what is a tariff

Because in a capitalist civilization there is always competition.

Mexican companies will either have to eat the 20% in their profit margin or increase prices and make it so their pricing is no longer competitive. American consumers will feel a slight increase in price but the vast majority of the pain will be felt by Mexico.

>how is taking money from somebody and using it to pay for something having somebody pay for something i mean WTF???!?!

Oh NOW the left hates cooperations paying taxes?
Truely the best timeline.

Is this really Trump's plan? Top fucking kek

That's only assuming the tariff means companies will move out of Mexico. And that's a pretty big if, isn't it?

because that's exactly what it means

>But it's taxing US citizens, not Mexicans.
Incorrect. US citizens are not being "taxed" by this because they're free to buy local American made goods and support AMERICAN jobs.

Nobody would buy mexican shit if it wasn't the cheapest around. A tariff will destroy their economy.

Unless companies move out of Mexico and to the US, the ones paying the 20% tariff will be Americans, not Mexicans.

We'll just buy from elsewhere. Mexico will either dump all of its shit into the US at 20% tariff. Demand for everything non-Mexican goes up, Mexican supply goes up. Mexico reaps less money per transaction and pays a higher tariff. It damages the Mexican economy while simultaneously benefiting everyone else in the world, especially domestic manufacturers. As the largest consumer nation on the planet, we have the power of the purse. Trump's the only one who is finally ready to wield it. It's literally just the Otto von Bismarck strategy. Not too difficult to understand.

>tax encourages Mexico to find other markets
>even when tax goes away prices stay high due to increased demand

Hey shill. You obviously know nothing about negotiating. GTFO and do more research. This is not the be-all-end-all. This is the first "offer". You don't understand that it is causing their peso to plummet.

Don't forget that there are also other ways to extract funding.

Don't be a stupid cuck.

Think for yourself.

OP you need to think these things through...

1. Trump says pay for the wall.

2. They say no.

3. He says OK, 20% tariff

4. The scream and freak out, hoping that the media coverage will change his mind.

5. Eventually they realize he won't change his mind.

6. They figure out that paying for the wall is cheaper in the long run than the 20% tariff.

7. They agree to pay for the wall.

This is a negotiation.

K

Replying

>FB_IMG_1485485950991.jpg
Newfag cancer.

Idk about you, but I'm boycotting Mexican goods until they saddle up for that wall. Good luck moving anything here.

i already pay 23% more

B T F O

You guys realize the Ford F150 and millions of other "American Made" items get a significant portion (in the f150s case 25%) of their parts from Mexico, right?

A 20% tax would be brutal for our economy, as well as Mexico's. Don't get me wrong, itd hurt Mexico much more than it'd hurt us. But we'd be much more hurt than I think people realize.

art of the deal nigga!!!

first offer is one nobody wants

allahu akbar user

>Americans want to pay extra on everything

>I don't know what a recession is also im a huge retard who doesn't know basic economics

Pick two

Let's play then. I'm not scared. Are you scared?

Oh don't take me wrong, I totally would if I lived in the US, the question is whether everybody will do the same.

Then again, in the case Trump's plan didn't work, he can always find another way to make Mexico pay for it.

>if
No Obama, not if. Multi-national corporations are already scrambling to cancel production plans in Mexico and relocate back to America.

Did you see my point about quality? Nobody would buy mexican shit if it wasn't the cheapest available. Without that they're finished and how can they possibly recover from this?

fuck off you concern troll

>we're taking money from american citizens and making it more expensive for us to buy goods
>BUT IT'S NOT US PAYING FOR THE WALL I SWEAR REEEEEEE

SPRING BREAKER FAGGOTS BTFO

You're right but there's definitely a degree of risk with his plan. Which makes sense, I suppose high stakes negotiations always imply some risk.

when did he say that?

I think the point is that we'll stop buying from them en masse and the threat to their market will be enough to force them to agree with funding the wall.

OP is a fag

>riots and unrest and unemployment
>wave of new immigrants
>shitty pointless wall inevitably does basically nothing
>undoubtedly all building to Trumps "Mission Accomplished" moment

I cannot wait

Then the tariff is useless and the wall never gets payed for, see how this works?

fucking chimp brain. No. one. will. buy. Mexican. made. garbage.

We mainly import fruit from mexico because it was cheaper. I dont mind paying more for fruit, but a better result would be buying more american products as a result.

Corona, tequila and margaritas are shit anyway.

Also wasn't Trump going to tax the money that illegals are sending back to Mexico to pay for the wall? Is that the tax he is talking about?

Fuck off

>>we're taking money from american citizens
You're conflating two issues to muddy the waters and concern troll. Unless you believe that you're ENTITLED to ultra-cheap goods from SLAVE-LABOR you're being facetious.

Stop being so ENTITLED.

God dammit Australia the leafs already took your throne as king of shitposters, no matter how hard you try you will always be 2nd place.

You're implying they won't try to send their goods here to market to Americans. They still have to pay to do that. That's the definition of a "border tax." Once they hit stores, they're already paid for. It's cheaper for American companies to just buy American products. They stagnate economically and lose billions, roughly $25 billion over one year.

>I don't mind paying more for fruit

>implying your fatass has ever eaten fruit

>>wave of new immigrants
Not so fast, Straya! That's why we're building the wall NOW and demanding payment later. By the time the riots start the WALL will be in place and Mexico will have no choice but to bend the knee.

again we're Mexico's biggest customer, if they lose us they're dust. I'm pretty god damn sure they will bend over given time.

Why bother taxing it? Just confiscate it. And when they go to court complaining deport them and confiscate the rest of their property as well.

How will we live without this?

The knee is already bent, they just don't know it yet. Mexico can either pay for this wall or kiss the last vestiges of a civilized society they have goodbye. Their existence as an even semi-relevant economy is entirely reliant upon American consumerism.

eat shit

japanese beer and mexican beer are the same thing

>Fucking imgur tier meme.
KYS Faggot.
>sage

non-mexican stuff won't get taxed you retard. there's a reason there is that tax, so we won't buy mexican goods you faggot. then we buy alternatives from other countries and support them instead. inb4 b-b-but they'll do the same to our goods, what goods? they need us more than we need them, that's why we're building the wall.

Of course they are not gonna pay. You gotta pressure them into paying.

Yes, it will be replaced by higher priced goods, leading to the depression you fucking mongoloid caveman.

Mexico can lose up to 230 billion dollard a year if no one is buying their exports

>Mexican companies will raise all exports by 20%

No they won't

Trump has them by the balls, America is their #1 buyer of goods. If they raise prices for the consumer they risk alienating themselves from a market they need much more than it needs them, so they will bear the brunt of the cost

Most Mexican beer is derived from German immigrants.

This implies that we don't have upwards of 100 trading partners that can easily replace everything Mexico sends our way. The only thing they have is avocados, which only affects fagots and coastal leftists which I would be fine with bankrupting.

aww fk

Many mexican imports are in extremely price sensitive and competitive markets, like agriculture/produce. Implying this 20% tax is always going to be passed on to the consumer is hyperbolic.

It encourages american companies in mexico to hop back over the border as well.

reply to this post or your future daughter will marry a CTR shill like the one above

immunity is permanently granted if you copy this post & use it to derail future shill thread & posts

And you think those partners are going to trade with us for the same price as the Mexicans did? Good luck with that

Ah, you got me.

>it will be replaced by higher priced goods, leading to the depression

>actually thinking that a tariff will lead to a depression
>in 2017

The only right answer, from a fucking leaf.

>mongoloid caveman
all arguments aside, this made me laugh.

Now, people will buy they're products from other countries or even our own. We don't need Mexico to get Tequila. They need us. We don't need them.

>Mucho Sad.

kek

immunity is permanently granted if you copy this post & use it to derail future shill threads

They already trade for lower, it's the shipping that costs quite a bit. Mexico is just prioritized because it's close. If anything, American shipping companies will get a big boon and our GDP will ultimately increase as a result of expansionist trade policies. Mexico needs us, not the other way around.

That could be true, but does America really want Mexican fruit farming jobs? I don't think that's how you make America great again.

can't risk it

Imports are taxed at the dock, not the shelves. You have to pay to stock the shelves. Think of it like you are a faggot. You have to take the dick BEFORE you catch the AIDS.

KEK, fool the joke is on you!!

>And you think those partners are going to trade with us for the same price as the Mexicans did?

Who cares?
Seriously, name ONE fucking good Mexico exports to the US that is so VITAL we can't EASILY do without it entirely, let alone pay 15% more for it from someone who isn't a fucking mexican?

fgt

Serious question here. What does Mexico actually make(other than the stuff from American companies)?

Epic

For you.