Trumps tarrif

If we enact a tariff on Mexico then they raise their prices 20% so that it ends up being a burden on American consumers. Nope, you laissez faire fucktards.

Higher prices will result in lower demand. Mexico will soon be exporting less, hurting their economy. Also, Businesses wont want to move/invest there.
Mexico may save 15b in the short term, but will lose hundred of billions in the long run.

Whats stopping them from buckling? Their current president only has 12% approval rating and paying for the wall would drop that down to 0 because mexicans can't into econ 101. Not to mention Mexico's greatest ally in saving their asses is our own dipshit free trade neocon fucks (both parties) that will try to stop Trump.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_of_San_Diego
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who the fuck needs anything from mexico anyways? watermelons? mangos? auto glass?

You underestimate national pride friendo

Avocados from Mexico

>If we enact a tariff on Mexico then they raise their prices 20% so that it ends up being a burden on American consumers.

it also ends up no longer being competitive with market prices of goods made anywhere outside mexico, forcing them to eat at least a portion of the tax increase

yeah i guess mexicans would take pride in sending their criminals to us since they don't have the money to incarcerate them. Pretty smart of them.

Also, if youre not a simplistic moron, you understand its not simply about hurting Mexico, a zero sum game. Hurting mexico doesnt help us and we are also hurting ourselves. Hurting Mexico actually hurts us, especially in this spiteful, totally mean spirited way. We lose geopolitical good will with our next door neighbor.

Mexico is that scumbag neighbor that flicks cigarette butts on your side of the fence, and lets its shitty little dog to shit in your yard. Build that wall El Trumpo!

My friend, the Chinese just bought a years worth of steel production from Monterrey companies and those avocados the US turned away are going towards Chinese "beauty products" China is taking advantage of the situation so hope there's some plan in place for that

Yeah, the plan is to let China just take over Mexico completely because it's not like they could run it any worse.

Trump keeps this up and we'll have chinese military bases in Baja

You would know huh!
Anyways, anything just to spite the US

Don't the Russians have some in Cuba? Not that it matters too much anymore

Mexico *wishes* there was a country out there willing to annex it's worthless ass.

I dunno. Even if they do, it eouldnt be good for US interests if Mexico is totally pissed off at us to court another global powerhouse to be their partner. Particularly because theyre our next door neighbor

I don't think protectionism hurts a country. I'm all for free trade but you can't outsource housing. It basically makes goods more expensive and higher wages for domestic jobs. However, i would never want a tariff on food/cloths.

What does such a corrupt shithole have to be proud of?

Tacos are bretty gud. I also like salsa

>'merica has to pay for the wall
wtf i love Trump now

This would be something actually good, all though just a dream

>oh I guess I'll just pay 20% more for this thing so I can get it from mexico

said no one ever. mexico is fucked

>goods more expensive
For all americans
>jobs
For a very small percentage of is burgers. Its gib me dats for the working class

the last time a powerhouse courted mexico as a partner it was germany

How can we lose geopolitical "good will" when we had none to begin with. They send us their criminals, their cheap labor, and their cheap shit products, and we sent them free money. Good will my asshole.

We have one demand: give us money for the wall so YOUR criminals stop flooding our country. If they don't want to play ball, we will extract the money from tariffs. We are getting our money, it's up to Mexico whether they want to do it the easy way or the hard way.

You serious. We cant even get the train line connecting DC-Baltimore-Philly-NY-Boston to be profitable. A train on the wall would be totally retarded

:^) Pay wall burger

This whole situation is really lit, it's almost just a week since trump became president and everybody at national news are fucking scared shitless. I hope we can figure out a way out of this tension, it's starting to get pretty heated up.

Thats total garbage. Mexico doesnt 'send' anyone.
>Free money
Wut?

We'll now it's China and not because they care about Mexico but because they just want more land to pollute

Welcome to our last 18 months.

As long as your riot police are up to the job, I'd say you've got way more to worry about from the cartels than the left wing idiots.

I was talking about full blown protectionism. One tariff on mexico wouldn't be noticeable for 99% of people.

The Mexican government would rather watch their economy collapse and their country burn than pay for a wall.

>I don't think protectionism hurts a country
I'm glad all of you people who have completely misinformed thoughts like this got out to vote. Now we can all pay more for pretty much everything.
Pick up an economics book you braindead fuck.

You'll notice when you go to buy a car. Unless you buy European car made in Europe or asian car made in asia

Buy american, asshole.

drugs and rape

Everybody is just used to these "cartels" by now, the new national threat is your president lol.
It's the usual Mexican news to draw attention to something else. Just a few weeks ago a ex-governor from some shit state escaped the country with fucking hundreds of millions of mxn pesos and nobody knows where the fuck is he now.
But they don't even mention it on the news everything is just "TRUMP. WALL. AVOCADOS".
For fucks sake.
Also "cartels" have been pretty quit these last months too. There hasn't been a lot of murders too. And i live in one of the top 3 most dangerous states lol.
Nobody even cares or bats an eye at fucking murder or drug related stuff by now.

I'll survive without guac. I don't eat that shit anyways since Yeb tried to shill his bowls. He made me so sick I can't even look at a guac bowl. Sad!

You do realize the supply chain for murrican manufacturing is cheaper when we have free trade with mexico. Even if we move the industry back, it will still be more expensive than it was in mexico. For both domestic sales and for our exports. Murrican companies will lose market share EVERYWHERE

The timing in this was the fucking worst.
Our oil industry wants to separate from our government and the opec deal just shat on it making oil cheap worthless

Not to mention we are in civil war since 2006

If things go south this could escalate to a revolution AGAIN
(Have no fucking doubt that they will do it, we have to have at least on of those, is like a tradition or something. the last time was in 94 with the zapatistas)

>buy american
Even with tariffs foreign goods will be cheaper. American goods using Mexican imports will cost more.
So not only will I and everyone else still not buy American, we'll buy less non-American AND less American.

Don't you think if it was as easy as "just make their goods cost more!" we would have done it already?

Of course Mexico doesn't officially send them, but they sure as shit don't stop them. The US doesn't let wanted felons just waltz over the US-Canadian border to cause havoc up North, because we are DECENT FUCKING NEIGHBORS. Mexico is too poor, corrupt, incompetent, or all of the above to stop their undesirables from crossing up North. Don't play fucking dumb, they KNOW their criminals flee up North and they let them because it just means less expenses for them.

Also, the US Federal government just gives away an average of $300 million to Mexico every year, no strings attached. Just gives US taxpayer money away. We give them free money, and in exchange they shit on us at the border. I'm not Canadian, I don't see being fucked over as an act of good will.

They do stop them. They catch twice as many as we do at the border

EPN should talk about how Americans and Mexicans are friends, as evidenced by Trump losing by three million votes

I never said put the tariff on car businesses. However, if we did Mexico would be sooo fucked. Good way to bring manufacturing back to America.

And i think those funds are to bolster their drug and illegal immigration because theyre poorer than we are and is money well spent for us

Yes, on their Southern border.

what the fuck do you mean mexico doesn't send anyone? mexico's biggest money making industry is remittance sent from illegal workers in the usa. mexico leeches more than 50,000,000,000 out of our economy every single year

EPN is at a point where he's only looking to secure his future, he could not care less about what Trump does or doesn't do

You are right. According to the state department, a slim majority of the money sent is for "democracy, humanitarian aid, and security."

Judging from the fact that cartels run half the country and, as put it, the other half is run by insanely corrupt shitheads, I'd say the billions of dollars sent has been a complete and utter waste that has accomplished nothing.

Their government doesn't send anyone. People leave mexico to cone to the Us on their own free will. You are punishing the mexicans that DIDNT illegally immigrate to the US with the policies you are advocating for.

Seriously i wouldn't be fucking surprised if he just fucking quitted being president and fucking escaped the country with thousands of millions any day now.

All politicians are narcissists, it's silly to assume that in a situation with no good choices he won't be playing for his legacy

Dude fresh Mexican mangos are amazing!

Ya but they don't officially send people across the border illegally. They play dumb and pretend it doesn't happen so retards like him can say it doesn't happen while Mexico reaps the benefits.

The US has been Mexicos welfare state for decades now, and now that we want something in return Mexico is getting their collective panties in a knot.

Dude, la gaviota just set up her pad somewhere in Florida, he's doing the same for sure

Art of the Deal, you fucking pleb. It's been almost two years, and still no one seems to understand how he operates.

The taco speaks

>If we enact a tariff on Mexico then they raise their prices 20%

Why would you even think that would be the case?

When did Sup Forums become so economically illiterate?
>used to be a bunch goybertarians who thought the gold standard was a good idea
Okay, I guess Sup Forums's always been shit in this regard.

Reminder that if you seriously doubt Trump or meme magic at this point, you are retarded. Trump doesn't know how to fail

>Trump will never run for president
>Trump will never get more than 4%
>Trump will never make it to the debates
>Trump will never get more than 30%
>Trump will drop out before Iowa
>Trump will never win a primary
>Trump will never get over a ceiling of 40%
>Trump will never get to 1237
>Trump will never be the Republican Nominee
>Trump will never get over 39% in the general election polls
>Trump will never survive the woman and minority vote being 'With Her'
>Trump will never be President of the United States of America
>Trump will not build the wall
-------------------->You Are Here
>Mexico will not pay for the wall
>Trump will not repeal Obamacare
>Trump will not fill 3 Supreme Court Justice Seats
>Trump will not see 6% GDP growth
>Trump will not Make America Great Again
>Trump will not win Re-Election
>Trump will not Make Europe Great Again
>Trump will not build a Moon Base
>Trump will not lead the colonization efforts of Mars
>Trump will not become the God Emperor of Mankind

yeah over 100 countries use tariffs because they want to watch their people burn.

>implying Trump wrote that book

It has been firmly established it was written by a ghost writer. Trump does not even show the most basic skills in negotiation. He made a threat and when Mexico called his bluff he has nothing. He wont get congress to approve a restructure of NAFTA to enact the tariff.

Trump is all bluster, no substance. He is nothing but a persona that has been possessed by his shadow without any depth to his ego.

you can buy/grow avocados here,
t. mexican

>It has been firmly established it was written by a ghost writer. Trump does not even show the most basic skills in negotiation. He made a threat and when Mexico called his bluff he has nothing. He wont get congress to approve a restructure of NAFTA to enact the tariff.

Trump is all bluster, no substance. He is nothing but a persona that has been possessed by his shadow without any depth to his ego.

This is now copypasta

>tariffs aren't a tax on consumers
I hope you're trolling.

Is there any sort of proof that shit happens? Meanwhile criminals here go to mexico all the time to buy drugs or escape US law

Seriously, you're laissez faire there looks stupid. Makes zero sense

OP is right. Demand will change, as in some shit will be too expensive for us to buy.

I don't see what the big deal is. I like tacos too. And salsa. And chili peppers. And avocados. Plus tequila. And cheaper products because of cheaper labor.

>gold standard
>shit
Bernanke quit shitposting on Sup Forums.

I don't want to be premature, but I think Mexican avocados are the next big meme. Get in on the ground floor friends. Or is this Jebs master plan?

And also, its been my experience when travelling to mexico that US tourists shit all over Mexico constantly. That would annoy the shit out of me if i was mexican.

I hope to God he doesn't drive this country into a downward spiral. Shit was just starting to get better.

And what the fuck is the insanity that we put a tariff on OUR EXPORTS but not our imports?

absolutely right either they bend the knee and their citizens revolt out of pride and stupidity, or they cave under economic war and they revolt out of pride and stupidity

F U C K
S P I C S

>mfw no more fucking made in Mexico tags
>mfw almost no more made in china tags.

MAGA my niggas.

That 1915 one is worth noting. "Liberating army of races and peoples". en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_of_San_Diego If people doubt that other races wouldn't mind wiping out white people, or at least white men, it was literally the plan 100 years ago.

It was a bunch of two bit retards but it's a good reminder that if there's ever a civil war scenario in the American South-West you will see some trying to ethnically cleanse white people.

Beaner Machismo. These spics will beat their little brown chests and happily destroy any economy they have left just to spite us for being "racist"

Fucking checked. Noice.

Maybe the Trumpanzees will understand an example better.
So my experience with Mexican business dealing is this. I work at a juice bottling company. We buy lime juice, orange juice, papaya and mango juice from mexico. The alternative sources for these insignficant quality/quantity are much more expensive. So we will pay more for them and raise our prices to grocery stores, who will in turn raise the price to you, the consumer.

Now, we also sell some juice into Mexico, prolly around $50 million per year. Not much really. But that business will totally dry up because we operate on less than 20% margins. This will make the relevence of our facility in texas very questionable. About 15 people work there. Those jobs are now on shaky ground.

>implying leftiest won't buy mexican shit to support diversity.

BUILD IT BURGERS

Guess where they're going after that happens, that's right, your doorstep

What's to stop Mexico from removing any seizable asset of theirs within the US, then seizing US government assets, bank accounts, etc. within Mexican territory?

Face it if we start shit with Mexico we're going to lose. They mass produce Montezuma's Revenge. I don't want to risk turning the national anthem into the Shit Spangled Banner.

look for "la bestia" its a train that goes across the country filled with migrants that then are helped to get to the US

just grow your own mango ,faggit

No its not, your people are completely scattered to corruption and wars. You're just watching a box on the wall and screeching while running from side to side in your cage. Not you personally or your nation in particular either.

the fact that you could turn us into a dessert where not even lizards can live for the next 1000 years while all we have ar e shitty jets from the 90s

Trump will save their jobs.

Make American juice for Americans.

You guys seem to have a solid grasp of the issues

Will liberals boycott Mexican goods so they don't send funds to the wall? But then that'll be bad for Mexican businesses

t. Pedro

I think you mean my wallstep ;) we aint letting those fuckers in.

leftist traitors paying for the wall is just as good as mexicans

Not having to hear for a month about the wonders of peanutbutter and the wonders of your KANGZ, anyway go suck tyrone off.

I OFFICIALLY DECLARE MANGOS TO BE MAGAS

Look at the size of his hands next to Vincenziocho

It is my humble opinion that any country not capable of waging war on a 1st world power, should be neo-colonized and repopulated by whites.

If tariffs are more expensive to consumers because they just add the rate to their price then wouldn't your company just raise your prices by 20% Although your demand would probably go down.