How bad is it with you?

How bad is it with you?
I cannot concentrate on a book or learning new stuff anymore, after 5 to 10 minutes max. I cannot go on and must do something else.
Just sitting in a quiet room doing nothing feels terrible after less than a minute, and I must find something to look or hear on and distract myself.

When I try to concentrate on something that needs attention like math after two minutes I panic and must stop.

Surfing the net, playing video games or watching TV, however, I can easily do for hours, until I get tired and have to sleep, actually.
The first thing after I wake up again is to have to go back to the screen and look at it.

My life is basically looking at screens almost 14 hours a day, and even if I poop or eat or use the bus to get somewhere to I need to look at the screen.

Screen, screen, screen, I became a screen zombie.

I kid you not:
I am addicted to screens, even more than to overeating. I'd rather go hungry for a day than to have no screen for a day.

>reading in 1800 BC
Wat

Maybe you should kill yourself on livestream familia

Holy shit dude not everyone has this problem. I read a good chunk of The Gulag Archipellago today (couldn't recommend it more).
Answer this truthfully: do you lift weights?

nigga you really expect me to read all this shit?

Fix yourself then, faggot.

Pretty sure reading in 1800 bc was the equivalent of doing research in theoretical physics. Even up to the 16th century literacy rates were around 5-20% (IIRC) for even developed European countries.

I chuckled

to be fair is there any kind of media being made today that deserves a lot of attention?

She watched alarmed
Their faces fell
To tiny lighted screens

The days of shield and boat and sword
Were only in their dreams

Quite a few good albums come out each year. Though an album is generally around 45 minutes, which isn't that long.

you're not addicted to screens

you're addicted to not getting slapped for being stupid

I have the same problem, I hope I'm not just stupid, even my 120s IQ doesn't end that fear.
I haven't read a book in like 5 years, but I still can occasionally surf Wikipedia in something I'm interested like history or geography.

Not OP, but have similar problems to much less of an extent. Do you? Would you say it has helped you overall with mental prowess as well as physical?

The ONLY THING I CAN DO IS LURK POL

I cant even fucking play video games anymore

There's so much information being conveyed to you through the internet that it causes somewhat of an overloading effect on the generation being raised by it.

Not necessarily a bad thing per-se, but not really a good thing. Even older generations are ending up like this but it takes them a little while.

This 8 second vine is too long *keeps scrolling*

concentration disturbance correlates with depression. you should smoke more weed

sorry what? I only got about halfway through your post

Gotta find things so demanding or interesting that they peel you away from the monitor. Things that do it for me:

work
school
really good book
sleeping

That's about it.

Same boat. I need to fix this or i will end up killing myself. Is terrible, the moment i opne my eyes, is the moment i turn on my laptop and spend the entire day infront of the computer.

12 hours now while writing this, my head hurts and my eyes too, i feel slow.

Remmeber that screens deteriorate your brain, serioursly, investigate it. Hate that i didnt know the problems of being educated by video games and tv since i was a kid, fucking hate it.

I shitpost a lot but I also read books and enjoy being outside. Guess I'm just not parhetic

>*not drawn to scale
Clearly the author has misused this phrase, but you can see what they meant.

>Hate that i didnt know the problems of being educated by video games and tv since i was a kid, fucking hate it.

You and me both brother. Don't worry though, we WILL make it.

I lurk Sup Forums and only play CSGO now. I do some light vita gaming when I am about to sleep and tahts it. Spend way more time browsing Sup Forums

That's why your country is going to shit, Adolf. You're too busy looking at screens while Muhammad slowly changes Germany into Germanistan

Fucking ay. I'm super productive with my programming when I'm stoned. Actually do great creative shit that blows my mind to read while I am sober.
>"How the fuck did I come up with that!? That's fucking awesome."
All I achieve when I'm straight is
*open api reference*
*sigh*
*close api reference*

I have this problem too. It's all the social engineers fault. They program you to want texts, notifications, (you)s. The more you look at a screen the more you see (((their))) products. It's an addiction that can only be cured temporarily by good social interaction.

I study best drunk as fuck. My sober mind is cancer that wants to open every box on earth in perpetual disappointment of the contents.

Or you can stay away from your phone if you think it messes with you you autistic fuck.

All you faggits complaining you can't focus half an hour a day to read a book are just finding random excuses for being lazy fuckups.

>1 post by this ID
Damn it, I wanted this to be a serious thread so much. Oh just fuck it.

>When I try to concentrate on something that needs attention like math after two minutes I panic and must stop.
I have kinda the same problem, but I don't panic I just start thinking about something else. I sit on a desk with a (non-computer) task to do and within a minute or so my brain will be literally thinking about something else. Not necessarily computer related stuff (games, movies, etc) but anything. It is a fucking curse. So far the best workaround I've found are two: routine and working in group. When something is routine I don't think about it anymore, and when I'm working in a group other brain mechanics kick in, and I care about not failing the group more than being bored - but I literally have to be in the same room with who I'm working with. If I'm assigned a task for the next day and left alone to do it, there's a high chance I'll fail.
So, I have it bad - and me being a serial procrastinator doesn't help - but I feel I'm on the right track or at least that I'm making some (real) attempts at fixing this problem.

>I am addicted to screens, even more than to overeating. I'd rather go hungry for a day than to have no screen for a day.
As for this, try to slowly but steadily force yourself into situations where you just can't do that (i.e. when I go to the gym I leave the phone in the locker - yes I can't listen to my music of choice, but at least I don't have the temptation to fiddle with it in between exercises): go study in a library instead of your room, unplug your screen and your power supply if you have to work by your computer, leave your phone out of immediate reach, install site blockers - anything that will increase the friction between doing what you're supposed to do and wasting time.

I spend an hour reading a book every night before bed. Quite often followed by another hour of shitposting.

Once I start a book I tend to get engrossed in it and finish it within one or two days then eagerly grab another and another, sometimes for weeks until I burn out. The only problem is making myself start reading in the first place.

Movies I hinestly don't have the patience for anymore, I will sometimes go to the cinema with ym friends but when watching a movie at home I will ussually pause about thirty minutes in and go play video games or something before going back to the movie, watching it in TV sized chunks.

I don't watch television at all.

The internet I just consume in bite sized pieces here and there. I don't really commit large chunks of time to reading shitposts.

goddamn it, me too!

I quit 3 days ago and I dont even have the desire to open fucking emacs

Dude this makes me want to try smoking weed and being productive. I also don't have the attention to play video games and I miss it.

Think it might be good for doing homework? Taking c++ programming, calc 2, physics 1 this semester. I though cannabis zaps your attention span.

Meditation is hugely overromanticized on the internet, but you sound like it would really benefit you.

We cant give up, my friend. We will not give up...

I looked at the picture, read up to "I cannot", replied, and I will not look at this thread again.

>1925
>Television
>Multiple-channel television to boot
Artist confirmed for not knowing what the fuck he's talking about.

>Gypsynigger having any kind of opinion regarding productivity.

Disregarding the classics, why read a book by one person when you have the collective knowledge of every living human on earth at your fingertips? If anything books are autistic.

kek

Mang anons already said ir, but exercise (specially cardio) helps to improve your mental health and your focus capacity. Try to run two or three times at week durin 30-90 minutes (i don't know how fit you are)

Fat fingers on a tiny screen, sorry for the typos.
>many anons
>already said it

ITT People with depression wonder why they dont have the motivation to read

Same. When I try reading a Maths Book chapter after 5-10 mins distraction takes over.

Even when I try to keep working on a single task, a moment of distraction makes me start another task without finishing the previous one.

Most of these tasks are totally fucking pointless, like reading articles and wiki pages.
Even Sup Forums, admittedly, is a damn distraction.

Procrastination is a huge issue too, always postponing my duties when it comes to a lot of things. I always promise myself to do things and never do them.

Reminder: you're here forever :^)

Its called meditation ppl, you need to disconnect. Help your brain rewire. Guys, give yourself a break,,,,, unplug for a day, shut it down for a few hours. Meditate or just let yr brain turn n2 soup