Is there any actual evidence that culture stems or is influenced by genetics?

is there any actual evidence that culture stems or is influenced by genetics?

I was in argument with someone and kinda filed to produce any evidence to help my case.

Other urls found in this thread:

atavisionary.com/the-cathedral-compilation-page/
lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/the-bell-curve.pdf
lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/jp-rushton-race-evolution-behavior-unabridged-1997-edition.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

Compare and contrast different genetics / cultures and cross reference the similarities and differences to conclude your own scientific research, user. I look forward to your lab results.

Nope.
Notice how culturally diverse is Europe, yet Europeans are a genetic cluster with negligible differences.

Human migrates to certain places, develops a certain appearance and genetic build, and lives according to that that which is around them.

Culture cannot exist in non-sapient species so yes

yes it is called Atavism

it's hard to make a case for ethnic nationalism beyond on a primitive level as in "I dont want blackies in my country". which is legit in my eyes but kinda weak.

so if syrians migrate to germany they become germans?

No. Culture and biology are completely distinct things. Think about how different was Swiss culture when your grandparents or great grandparents lived, yet were genetically similar to you.

You need to read Dark Enlightenment texts

atavisionary.com/the-cathedral-compilation-page/

Humanity is in a state of cultural anarchy due to technology. You must go back to when humans were tribal, because culture itself predates civilization.

Alright, lets jump in your time machine.

swiss culture changed, sure, but it's in the core still the same just moulded by different circumstances. And I dont say biology influences like the details but the basic things like work ethic, outlook onto the world etc.
And I think because culture is created by biological being you cannot say that culture is not influenced by biology. if there are differences between populations so must be differences between cultures.

You can say that differences in identity can stem from the fact that people have distinct phenotypes (ie differences in physical appearance). Thus a more racially homogenous society would be less likely to be divided internally, less fractioned, and more cohesive. People would be more likely to trust each other in the absence of different phenotypes.

Notice that I'm talking about differences in identity rather than culture. People can have different identities but practice similar customs, both things don't overlap necessarily.

No. Race is just a social construct. Blacks/whites/asians/indians, we're all exactly the same and if left to our own devices in the same environment we would achieve exactly the same outcome.

To suggest otherwise makes you a bigot and a racist, and you should be forcibly taken to a diversity reeducation centre like all the other bad goyim.

>Notice that I'm talking about differences in identity rather than culture.
i think this is something people fail to understand. it doesn't matter how objectively real something is. most of the things we care the most about are abstractions (beyond basic needs, of course). any psychologist can tell you how important a person's identity is to their well being and sense of purpose. i just always say if people think race matters, it does, just like justice, truth, god or whatever else.

>Thus a more racially homogenous society would be less likely to be divided internally, less fractioned, and more cohesive. People would be more likely to trust each other in the absence of different phenotypes.
while all that is certainly true bringing this as an argument would be like explaining colours to a blind person. what does homogeneity and unity even mean to a modern urban person?

Culture is affected by intelligence and environment, intelligence is 80%~ controlled by Genetics and 20%~ controlled by socioeconomic factors.
It's not direct, but there could be a strong case made for a culture being born of genetics.
Imagine how much different subsaharan Africa would have been if they'd had the intelligence to invent the wheel and a way to keep records to history(written language).
The conditions Negroids/Congoids evolved under did not necessitate forward thinking like Caucasians or Mongols.
They had no harsh winters to contend with that required planning, they have a dry and rainy season, but game has always been plentiful in Africa.

As a result of these very different conditions, races evolved differently and favor different things. These differences manifest themselves in the culture of the people in some way, culture can also be born out of necessity and ability.

Nice meme

bringing up iq differences is like the last resort in such discussion and will make you look like a massive dickhead.

No it's not, it's very easy to rationalize.
We want to pass on our DNA.
My neighbor who is also germanic has very similar DNA to myself, so by helping him it helps me so even if I fail, some part of me is passed on.
The Nigger in the other apartment does not have similar DNA to me, he is competition for resources and women. I don't want him near me as such.

so does every other man and you are basically just a racist. check mate.

>so is every other man
Reread the post.

every other man is competition for resources and women. the difference between a nigger and your fellow whitie is the skin colour.

And yet it's scientific fact and if they can't handle it then they shouldn't have opened their mouths.
Here, read these two books and come back.
lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/the-bell-curve.pdf

lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/jp-rushton-race-evolution-behavior-unabridged-1997-edition.pdf

>
>swiss culture changed, sure, but it's in the core still the same just moulded by different circumstances.

Right, but then you have to identify what constitutes the "c ore" of Swiss culture. That's hard to do, and I suspect that not all Swiss would agree on that.

>And I dont say biology influences like the details but the basic things like work ethic, outlook onto the world etc.

That's a possibility. Maybe innate differences in intelligence can influence the extent to which people are willing to work to achieve long term goals instead of seeking immediate rewards. The pursuit of long term goals could make civilization easier to implement. But then again, this would not be something that could justify Swiss nationalism since the aren't great differences in IQ between the Swiss and other European nations.

>And I think because culture is created by biological being you cannot say that culture is not influenced by biology. if there are differences between populations so must be differences between cultures.

Yes, culture could be influenced by genetics, but then the differences would are too broad to justify ethnic nationalism within European nations

For example, genetic differences can produce people who are more cooperative, less prone to committing crimes, etc. But genetics can't produce the kind of cultural distinction that exists between the Swiss and the Germans, for instance. These differences are, as far as know, the product of history. It would be really hard to prove otherwise.

We know for a fact that linguistic differences within Europe are not influenced by genetics, so there's no reason the believe that other cultural traits are influenced be genetics as well.

>is skin colour
And Genetic similarity you fucking dolt.
If I have the choice between saving my brother and saving some nigger, even divorcing the familial attachment, guess which one I'm going to save?
His genes are more similar and allow my family's heritage to be expressed in future generations.
My family and, by extension, tribe is not competition, humans are social creatures and must work together, but who they work with is subject to discrimination and will generally be with those most genetically similar unless something else necessitates otherwise.
Rushton had a good speech on altruism and why organisms of all complexities prefer similarities.

the only genetic difference you can point out is skin colour. you will look like some nazi

well that's the problem: what is culture? what is our culture? what defines us? cannot everyone be part of culture x.
but on the other hand I have yet to see someone actually integrate and not just bounce back to the ancestral culture the moment you can form a small community of same genetic makeup.
For me its kinda evident that genetics goes hand in hand with culture. Only ethnic germans can be german. A somalian will even in the hundredths generation not be german. but its just too diffuse to pinpoint it.

Yeah, open your eyes and you'll see that all of mankind's progress has stemmed from the tiny landmass that is Europe.

>The only genetic difference I can point to is skin colour
And genes, and skull shape, and intelligence, and physiology.
Those two books I linked, read them they will make you stop saying that we are the same at the very least.

you realise I play advocatus diaboli? no normie will accept this as evidence and even if you make them acknowledge negativ differences (as in "we" are better than "them") you will just trigger their empathy.
I mean you can see it happen right now. now leftie accepts niggers as equals but as something equal to children they want to take care off.

>
>the only genetic difference you can point out is skin colour. you will look like some nazi
>
>
>well that's the problem: what is culture? what is our culture? what defines us? cannot everyone be part of culture x.

Yep. There's always disagreement on what constitutes 'folk' or core cultural traits. Europeans have tried for hundreds of years to identify these traits but they haven't come to an agreement so far, so it's probably pointless to keep doing this.

>but on the other hand I have yet to see someone actually integrate and not just bounce back to the ancestral culture the moment you can form a small community of same genetic makeup.

I don't get your point here...

>For me its kinda evident that genetics goes hand in hand with culture. Only ethnic germans can be german. A somalian will even in the hundredths generation not be german. but its just too diffuse to pinpoint it.

That's because there are obvious phenotypical differences between the Somali and the (indigenous) Germans. The phenotypical differences will necessarily drive people to identify as members of distinct groups, even when they are citizens of the same nation and brought up under a single culture and language.

Differences in identity the beget within-cultur differences (ie differences between ethnic Germans and Somalis).

To summarize: distinct phenotypes create differences in identity (within the group/nation), which then lead people to adopt different customs and behave differently (some will identify with upper class culture, others with lower class culture).

Yes, I think there is no chance Europeans will ever completely assimilate African migrants. Immigration will cause European countries to be more fragmented, segmented in classes, like Latin American countries are today.

no memes threads?

this is one of the dumbest questions I've ever read on Sup Forums

>
>
>this is one of the dumbest questions I've ever read on Sup Forums
Is this one if the dumbest replies I've ever read on Sup Forums

>be prone to impulsive violent behavior
>culture consists of pointy sticks and molesting animals

so culture has emerged from their genetic makeup.

so much for science saying that were made up of 70% junk DNA remember that.

Genetics influences culture in that the culture stems from the practice of survival in the environment you love in. Lactose processing / dairy products consumption and Alcohol Dehydrogenase / brewing where you can't drink the fresh water becomes part of the culture.