Officials announce proposal that would establish California as separate nation

>A proposal in California has been submitted to the Secretary of State’s Office on Thursday campaigning for the state to secede from the United States.

>The proposed “Calexit” initiative would ask voters to repeal part of the state constitution that declares California an inseparable part of the U.S.

>A recent poll suggested that one in three California residents would support a possible secession from the U.S. due to their opposition to President Donald Trump.
>No mention has been made of the president in the proposal.

>The proposed constitutional amendment, titled California Nationhood, would also ask voters to repeal language that states the U.S. Constitution is the supreme law.
>If approved, it calls for scheduling a vote in 2019 to ask voters, "Should California become a free, sovereign and independent country?"

"America already hates California, and America votes on emotions," Marcus Evans, vice president of Yes California told to the Los Angeles Times. "I think we'd have the votes today if we held it."

Time for the California secession discussion again

>foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/27/officials-announce-proposal-that-would-establish-california-as-separate-nation.html

Hypothetically if it ever managed to pass, what would happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

ww2.kqed.org/news/2016/12/13/from-his-home-in-russia-calexit-leader-plots-california-secession/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

california leaves the union, massive earthquake destroys all the liberals in their shantytowns, union troops retake california while ethnicly cleansing the filth that is left

Stupid, and *literally a Russian plot* ww2.kqed.org/news/2016/12/13/from-his-home-in-russia-calexit-leader-plots-california-secession/

Idiot millennials/techbros in Bay Area and LA support this; literally nobody else does.

>What would happen

It'd be Oz #2 with a white minority.

So, Mexico #2 would be in its future.

> would immediatly make USA 75 % non-hispanic white again
> stupid

why

COMMIEFORNIA YES

>would also ask voters to repeal language that states the U.S. Constitution is the supreme law
typical commies

We pass a bunch of amendments and then force them back into the union.

No more US copyright protection for hollywood and silicon valley? What did they mean by this?

If California secedes, America would quickly become irrelevant, as everything America is known in the world for, mostly technological supremacy (Silicon Valley), is located there.

(But also the whole entertainment industry etc.)

America will beg based Cali on its knees to not leave.

I live in California :( ; also, there are massive US military bases in the state. San Diego is literally the base for the entire Pacific fleet of the US Navy)

>COMMIEFORNIA YES

As long as you force them to leave the State of Jefferson behind.

That way it's better for the Jeffersonians and you will still have 50 states to match the 50 stars on the flag.

J E F F E R S O N

It's why it will not be allowed to happen.

You're retarded. see

>Californians lose their voting rights

>repeal part of the state constitution that declares California an inseparable part of the U.S.

>inseperable
>lol not really
It literally won't be allowed to happen in any way. They're more retarded than Texas who cries about this every month for a week at a time.
>yfw Cali has more balls than Texas

>California becomes independent
>USA cuts off the interstate water flow for Cali's agriculture

Lol, guess we will just uproot the massive military installations on the coast and sail around the horn of SA to set up on the east coast. Retards

CA's central valley (where most of the states agriculture takes place) gets the vast majority of its water from the Sacramento Bay Delta. It's really only LA and San Diego that rely on Colorado River water (LA moreso than San Diego).

That (along with parts of certain ports) is federally owned land and would not be affected

What's the point? No nations no borders am I right ;) they'll just cry when Trump's wall gets extended between them and America

california has the most advanced military tech
the most conservative people (35-40% of the 40 million+ population is conservative)
the best economy
the best weather
the hottest women
one of the least obese states despite massive amount of spics
and we're able to be self sufficient and provide our own food unlike other cucked states
the most beautiful landscape

all we have to deal with is a small minority of loud SJW libcucks, a good deal of spics, and Hollywood elite and high taxes (its ok because we make a lot of money. also we don't have that many niggers here unlike the South and North east (7% compared to 11% national average and over 20, 30, 40% in cucked southern states)

sorry lads, california being a shithole was a Sup Forums meme.

there is nothing you faggots can do or say that refutes this. if you want california to leave, then we will leave. just know your neo-con handlers will never let that happen because you need all the gibmedats that california provides you with (food, tech, culture)

get fucked flyover fags.

p.s. we have a grizzly bear on our flag

Give it to Mexico

>implying the us would let one of their states just break off without attempting to defend it

Inb4 california is annexed by troups and retaken within hours of seceding

Is this real? Because if it is, this will be the end of leftist power in America as we know it. We should do everything in our power to encourage them to secede.

California has outstanding geography and horrendous politics.

>Drought

>what would happen?
Mass deaths from water shortages. We then re-claim the land after the degerates are purged.

American once again unified.

I hope Silicon Valley shuts down the red states from accessing the Internet and their social media, or filters out their backwards toxic thinking.

Never should've gave the dumb hicks a voice. Useless fucks.

Isn't like half of Commiefornia federally owned land?

Said it before and ill say it again. The north waged an unholy murderous war to keep the south in the union, and they didn't even hate each other the way the rest of America Hates California. We would literally holocaust every purple haired sjw freakshow into a greasy stain and give over the ruins to the Koreans .

>mfw Commiefornians actually believe this
The only part you got correct is beautiful landscapes.

>le ebin drought meme
we have been dealing with a drought. what's your point, faggot? We have plenty of water reserves, especially in Northern California. Unlike the faggot state of michigan, who literally can't deal with a water crisis in a SINGLE city and are going to need gibs from government.

>california has the most advanced military tech
with no military of it's own

>the hottest women
truly debatable

>and we're able to be self sufficient and provide our own food unlike other cucked states
not without imported water you're not

>small minority of loud SJW libcucks
you have literally an army of them

southern california looks like a post apocalypse droughted hellscape, cities have fucking litter along the roads as far as the eye can see.

>what would happen
Greater Mexico

i love in the central valley of california. I'd glady march to Los Angeles for the United States and murder me some separatist before ousting that faggot Governor of ours.

We won't let the leftist take the rural areas. We are all red. We'd sooner watch them starve then willingly leave with them.

TEXIT
E
X
I
TEXIT

THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS SHALL DECLARE WAR WITH CALIFORNIA IN THE FUTURE.

The drought is actually over. Most reserviors in the state are at around 150% of normal capacity, and snow pack is higher than average as well.

That said, most of your earlier post is shit. Majority of the voting state population lives in bay area and LA, and is hard left. It's not a small minority.

And the taxes are awful. 9.2% tax on average incomes, plus 8-10% sales tax. Property taxes are only 1%, but if you bought a home anytime in the last decade, you're talking about a 500k+ house.

I love the state's geography. There's not much else about it to like though.

Are you me?

I look around this valley and all I see is wasted potential. Beautiful but wasted potential. I'd fight to free this place from leftists if I ever got the chance.

>America hates california
>not sucking your dick = hate

that's why this is destined to fail spectacularly, california isn't a team player

California yes!!!! kek make it happen!!!

California wouldn't have amilitary to defend all that stuff.. The Califonians (I myself am a native Californian) wouldn't want to fight a war. They would be apathetic to using any real means to defend themselves and would continue to live in fantasy land thinking that war wouldn't happen. California would literally need to draft an army to defend itself. I doubt it has the balls and resources to do so. California would be defeated in no time, by land sea and air. The ports would be blockaded by the Navy, the borders of California would be raided by the US Military, and the Air force would bomb tactical and industrial targets.

Friendly reminder that The Republic of Texas shall rise again

That's fine.

We conservatives will not leave with the liberals. If Cali wants to leave, all the produce production will stay.

california doesnt "import water" you fucking nigger. you read Sup Forums memes and can't even lift your obese fingers to google it.

5% of our water comes from the a part of the colorado river system which we legally own. the rest comes from various reserves and groundwater sources.

go outside and get some sun you NEET faggot.

I like how a latino is holding the flag up.

Lol. They dont even have any freshwater

100%, with Extreme Prejudice.

Why are tons of Californian "conservatives" liberal? I've seen plenty of conservatives move to Texas, and complain about the dumbest shit such as there being a lack of organic foods, traffic, flat land, etc.

>poorest state in the union wants to secede
And no value was lost.

I'd join the military if i got to do this too.

You'd have a lot of volunteer sign ups.

>Hypothetically if it ever managed to pass, what would happen?

We'd tell them not to let the door hit them on the ass on the way out. Also, Portland and Seattle would become two of our most important port cities.

Hahaha let them go, let them tax eachother to death

...he didnt say cali imports water. he said it'd need imported water to become fully self-sufficient in terms of food generation

l2read

Btw, if Hillary were to have won the election, polls showed that almost half of Texas would want to secede from the union (about ~45%)

>being this much of bootlicker
wow man glad im not that much of a faggot

>poorest state in the Union
>world's 7th largest economy
Wealth is measured in more ways than how much pocket change Paco has

I'm a conservative who moved for California to Utah.

Since I've gotten here I've bought quite a few guns, and continued to drive my diesel pick-up truck. The only thing Organic I buy is milk. That's only because it tastes better and lasts longer.

I came here and did my part in the election too. I knew I would be drowned out in Salt Lake City, but I still feel proud I voted for a winning president.

You would be surprised with how many Americans would be perfectly fine with them seceding.

Implying you wouldn't jump at the chance to kill some commiefornian separatists

No idea, although in our rural areas in Cali the traffic isn't that bad, and GMOs are like a bad omen. If a Californian goes to Texas and complains, highly doubt they are "liberal" though.

You're Canadian...you're already a faggot.

California and Texas can technically become sucessful countries, although that wouldn't happen instantaneously. You just have room compare their GDP's, population, and geographical size with other, already existing, countries. States that are too small, lack resources, have low economic output, or have a deficit for their labor force wouldn't be able to do so.

i dont really give a shit about california separatists tbqf (to be quite frank with you) desu (to be hones) because i am a leaf (a canadian) fampai (senpai means family + senpai)

Make mexico great again

>California secedes
>give illegal Mexicans citizenship
>National guard attacks
>white men forced to die in the war
>California joins back
>they have to honor the new granted citizenships
>now the entire state will vote democrat forever, and none of the mexicans can be deported

I started a petition to live in a land where all clothes are made of bacon, and houses are made of cotton candy, and we move around with the power of dreams.

It's about as well thought out and realistic as all this shit.

tfw you'll see the NCR in your lifetime

The military tech is owned by the federal government. Major military-industrial companies are not centered in California like such as Boeing, Lockheed martin, Grumman, Raytheon, General dynamics.

Existing US federal agreements that allow California to reserve water from the colorado river without the rest upstream taking it all.

And besides the difficulties of secession (ask Britain), the difficulties of creating your own nation state and interwoven investments, financial capital, all that shit.

50% of your state is owned by the federal government. Civil war was not started due to slavery or state's rights. It began because the south attacked Northern territory they demanded and the North refused to relinquish.

You know organic is one thing that I can legit give the argument to the left on. I don't care if it's organic or not if it tastes good but every single time I try organic gala apples vs nonorganic the nonorganic are paper-garbage.

Plz yes.

This is great news.
Without California, every presidential election would be republican.

why would we need to import water to become self-sufficient you stupid muzzie? most of our water is spent on agriculture which is exported to feed the rest of the country.

california is one of the few states that could be self-sufficient.

Also we have the largest active and reserve duty members in the military, ICBMs, Aircraft, Subs, and would instantly annex all the surrounding states, not to mention engaging in a trade war would cripple the US economy. California has the rest of the country by the balls, deal with it.

>all of their water and electricity are provided by other states
>they turn off the switches
>Liberals and urbanites surviving without electricity

top kek

Conservatives would rather surrender than die in a pointless conflict at that point.

If California did start a war, they wouldn't get the exact same rights after it was all over.

Meh, I'd argue against that. I used to participate in city-threads, and my city would always get a thread every other day about a "Californian wanting to move to Texas!"

They always seem very liberal on a variety of things. I recall getting mad at a lady for complaining too much, and sent her and pm about leaving the state if she doesn't like conservatives, she replied that she was a conservative and that sas one of the reasons why she moved here. That's just one of many things I've noticed.

PATROLLING

This. Even liberal Public Television knows this is utter bullshit.

Crackpots have advocated this sort of shit forever; the only variation that ever made even a bit of sense was the one about splitting Norcal and Socal. And that didn't even get anywhere.

Yeah, no. Tech is a major thing in all of the western states, not just California. California isn't even the top economy. It's not the most desirable place to live, it's not the happiest, its income inequality is higher than many other states, tech is moving out of Cali.

In Washington we have Microsoft, amazon, many other big tech companies. We many have huge department store chains, we're number one in airplane manufacturing, Starbucks, Costco.

And that's just Washington. We'd do well on our own, without the rest of the states. The rest of the states, minus California? Better than ever.

California is pretty much a huge Jew who always looks for ways to screw Oregon and Washington out of our water. We have to constantly vote against Cali rats who try to infiltrate our government, with goals of selling water and bringing in more brown people and that special brand of radical, insane, Californian politics.

Even if their absence would hurt us, which it won't, I'd be for it. Poorer in pockets, richer in spirit and life.

And the southern part is leeching our water. Imagine what happens when water gets cut.

Texas always gets the attention for secession but Oklahoma always seemed more likely to stir up shit to me.

>Every single county votes solid red
>Everybody knows Bill and Hillary did the OKC bombing
>Voted for Bernie in Dem primaries just because they hate Hillary more than communism
>Fewer illegals and stricter voting laws so the vote won't be fucked with

I went to a very liberal college in Oklahoma and not a single person ever spoke positively of Hillary before the election. Not one.

I understand that being a non-border state makes things more complicated, but Oklahoma would at least support Texas, egg them on to seceding, and would 100% leave with them in the event of Texas secession.

>most of our water is spent on agriculture which is exported to feed the rest of the country.
What are you going to buy all that land back from Big Ag with, kiddo? Your allowance?

They will laugh at you before they shoot you and dump your body in the aqueduct.

Then the state cuts maybe 10% of the agriculture in the central valley and sends the water saved by cutting that to LA, Orange County, and San Diego. Those areas don't actually use all that much water.

Look, California secession is remarkably stupid for innumerable reasons. A lack of water, however, is not one of those reasons.

Sacbro here. Fuck LA, I will fight alongside you

Fucking this.

And here we have why the state will not be allowed to secede, it will be seen as stealing military bases etc that are part of (and thus paid by) the collective union which would dramatically weaken their overall defense

If California left the us silicon would move to Texas which they're already doing.

Just hope they do it before we build the wall

They also have Southern-tier household poverty levels. That wealth would sucked up by gibs, insane regressive policies, and the replacement of federal functions in less than a decade.

Agreed. If you've been near the tourist areas around the Texas-Oklahoma border, you would probably see all parking lots filled with Texas vehicles. I always consider Oklahoma our hat.

Would also kill the democrats hopes of ever winning the presidency again

It's just retarded enough for libs to do. Could this be the catalyst that will kill democracy for good?

hopefully

maybe one day americans will be rangebanned from Sup Forums too.

>Also we have the largest active and reserve duty members in the military, ICBMs, Aircraft, Subs, and would instantly annex all the surrounding states, not to mention engaging in a trade war would cripple the US economy. California has the rest of the country by the balls, deal with it.

US Reserves you fucking retard. If you DID try and annex those, you'd better be prepared to use them, because that would FOR SURE be a declaration of war. And God help you because the US now has Mad Dog Mattis to lead the military, and unless you plan to use those nukes, it doesn't matter how large the supplies you stole may be, the rest of the country would still destroy you, likely from the inside where a good majority of those reservists and active personnel are from out of state and would be MORE than willing to follow Mad Dog's orders. You're a fucking retard.

Please don't remind me of Austin

Nigger, we'd probably go with them. Everytime I go out I see pouty faces. People are really losing their minds over Trump.

Great. No more federal funds and we get to tax the shit out of your goods. Good luck keeping those companies there