Fall of Constantinople Thread

youtube.com/watch?v=nJ2T9HNCUTQ
>As a greek i must say that this made me cry a little
>Say hello to Putin for me when he roasts you subhuman cockroaches and reclaims Constantinople.
>disgusting turks
>damn conquered by a 19 year old
>GRRRRRR THIS MAKES ME SO MAD FUCK THOSE FUCKING ROACHES
>We'll get it back someday. I won't live to see it, but it will be reclaimed.

KEK, Now I understand why all Christians have hated Turks. Butthurt :DDDD

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Trebizond
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Theodoro
youtube.com/watch?v=l9n3xxDYffs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Greek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgar_language
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Russo-American Empire will make short work of you.

Make Turkey British Again

what work?

undoubtedly, one of the most tragic moments in history of the eastern christendom

>Make Turkey British Again
>Again
Wat.
Let me fix that for you famalam
>Make Turkey Byzantium Again

>Mfw Mehmed II was secretly a Christian, a huge fan of Western and especially Roman culture and plotted on converting the Ottoman Empire and renaming it Third Rome
>Mfw all the retarded muslim Turkish nationalists autistically screeching "1453 lel vry more feggits Istanbul is muslim and Turkish our honourable ancestors fucked you in the ass" is actually glorifying a Christian

based islam christcucks BTFO

It fell in 917, when the greeks refused a union of Bulgaria and Byzantium into a single, strong state, under the Krum dynasty.

RIP.

>A FUCKING LEAF

>a
>fucking
>alevi kafir

well what have you done with it since then? every scientific or cultural achievement of Istanbul has been produced by the greek quarter, and since the twentieth century pogroms they have left.

So yea good for you, but some productivity would be nice. You can't larp the hagia sophia is turkish forever m8

>mfw this guy is not even turkish
>mfw Ataturk was not turkish
>mfw every sultan and anyone of worth in Turkey was either balkan/slav, caucasian or jewish
Yeah, Erdogan is georgian, like stalin.

>Erdoğan is Georgian
What? Really?

Greeks are overrated and a meme spawn from romanticist anglo and german greekboos. They had some philosophers but they were not in any way more civilized than illyrians, persians or even fucking hitites. They had an advantage that they stole a nice writing system from proto semites and basically wrote a lot of stuff, while the other cultures mostly had an oral transmission system. The iron age for example spawned from illyrians.
Also not to mention asian cultures , Zarathoustra etc who were light years ahead of greeks. Greeks are a meme really, and modern day greeks most likely don't even come from ancient greeks, they called their country Morea and themselves morevians prior to the western greekboos coming in and telling them we wuz stories. Later the standard greek was adopted mostly from lithurgic language, like latin for catholics, in order to push their we wuz.
Romans are the real MVPs, and the fact there were whole dynasties of hispanic, illyrian and dacian/thracian emperors but not a single one of greek descent is proof they really didn't do much except suck dick during all that time. Even Constantin the Great wasn't greek.

Reminder that Byzantium is the East ROMAN Empire and has nothing to do with Greeks, except that they were slightly more educated than the average peasants in the Empire and managed to rise to high administrative positions. Greeks were on of the many subjugated nations, calling the Byzantium Empire "Greek" is an insult to history, to intelligence and to the Romans.

Nothing against Greece today, they use the above lie as a tourist trap and that's fine with me, you gotta use what you got to make cash. They are good neighbours and I have many friends there, so don't you dare turn this into a country vs. country thing, it is strictly a historical fact.

That said, all t*rks need to be killed. Pic related.

>Erdoğan was born in the Kasımpaşa neighborhood of Istanbul to which his family had moved from Rize Province. Erdoğan said in 2003, "I'm a Georgian, my family is a Georgian family which migrated from Batumi to Rize." However, in a 2014 televised interview on the NTV news network, he said, "You wouldn't believe the things they have said about me. They have said I am Georgian ... even with much uglier things, they have called me Armenian, but I am Turkish."

make of that what you will

Bullshit propaganda.

The Byzantines set up their refugium in Trebizond.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Trebizond

Huh. I mean, I dont really know what to make of that. He says whatever works for him at the time. He has contradicted himself dozens of times. Still, I cant tell if he's Georgian as he says of Turkish as he says.
>even with much uglier things, they have called me Armenian
Yeah, I remember him saying in a speech "Excuse my language but these Alevis..."
Alevi, by the way, is a non-sunni sect of islam.
He is just very casually full of hatred against anyone and everyone who isnt in his definition of "us".

the people of that empire still exist near the black sea. Turks called them the laz people and they are known for having big noses, really makes you think.

I dont think the Laz are the same as the people of Trebizond dude. I remember doing some research into them and if I recall correctly, they never built a nation of their own and always lived as subjects of other peoples.

Ottoman canons cannot melt Byzantine walls, 14/53 was an inside job

Georgian..like Stalin?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Trebizond

>mfw none of the countries in that map exist today except mine

Feels awesome desu

>never built a nation of their own and always lived as subjects as other people
similar to kurds, really makes you think

Greatest enemy of the Constantinopolitan Ecumenical Patriarch today is Russia, pressing Turkey not to ease up the conditions for electing Patriarchs, so the chair becomes extinct and Russian Orthodox church becomes the first in the world.
;_;

>""""empire"""" of trebizond
>its the size of my testicle

Also, Genoa owned that part of Crimea, it is documented.

>Really makes you think
What did he mean by this?

Far as I know, its not extent of borders that makes an empire, but the subjugation of different peoples senpai, in which case Trebizond would indeed be an empire.

it means you are a dirty roach and need to be killed

So would a football team under that definition, or a 90's pop music boys band.

An empire should be only one of, the moment you have two, its no longer an empire.
At the time of the map posted, the empire was the HRE. Everyone else was also claiming to be empire, but they weren't.

Empires historically were Assyrian, Persian, Greek (lol Alex), Roman, Roman again (East), Arab, Frankia, Roman again (East), HRE, Ottoman, Spanish, British, USA.
I don't count Mongol/Chinese, because it gets awkward.

believe it or not the last byzantine principality was in greek Crimea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Theodoro

Didn't Britain take Constantinople from the Roaches?

It was some shills opened the gates...while the breach was actually holding up....goddamn kikes.

They surrendered, and thus British soldiers were allowed into Constantinople (after the surrender, not during the war). So it wasn't taken, it was allowed for lodging and to keep the peace.

Also Constantinople was meant to go to Russia, but since they themselves surrendered earlier, there was no plan who to give it to.

Ask the Greeks about it, they were still WE WUZ at that point, modern greek identity didn't exist yet, so they wanted to recapture it.
In fact, modern greek identity was forged by them failing spectacularly and getting butchered.

>no Bulgarian

we were LITERALLY one of the only thee Empire in Europe along with Byzantium and the Franks

Frankia was "The Empire" while we were also "an empire".

Kek, easy there Sigismund. I'm actually half Bulgarian myself, but that matters little. Believe me, I hate Turks almost as much as you do, but there are Turks out there who would much rather stand on your side against other Turks when the day comes.
A football team doesnt have a strong central monarch who (here's the keyword) subjugates and rules over the others. Neither does a 90s pop music boys band for that matter.
A king rules over his own people. An emperor rules over his own people and the people of other kings.
If by this trainwreck of a sentence
>An empire should be only one of, the moment you have two, its no longer an empire.
you mean that there should only be one empire in the world at any one given moment, then I'm sorry to say that the French, Spanish, Portuguese, British and German empires all existed at the same time. The Roman Empire and the Carthaginian Empire existed at the same time, until the Romans destroyed them. The Sassanid Empire and the Roman Empire existed at the same time. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Yeah, we should blow up the Whitest & most Moderate Muslims

Not the Gulf Arabs or anything

Good goyims

>Under pressure from the British, Russia accepted the truce offered by the Ottoman Empire on January 31, 1878, but continued to move towards Constantinople.
>The British sent a fleet of battleships to intimidate Russia from entering the city, and Russian forces stopped at San Stefano.

fucking brits, i think, that muslim Britain will be better, tbqh Persians or Timurids fighted against kebab much better, than britcucks

I heard it was Venetians and not Jews.
I believe we can say "God damned merchants" all the same, though.

> then I'm sorry to say that the French, Spanish, Portuguese, British and German empires all existed at the same time

Claims of such constructs coexisted, and there are always claims that WE WUZ EMPERORS.
In reality, the British Empire was the real empire, after defeating the previous real empire, the Spanish, and the rest were pretenders.

>mfw mehmet II actually considered converting just to be recognized as a roman emperor
WHY DIDN'T IT HAPPEN
FUCKING HELL

Ahh right that makes sense. I always thought we took the city and then decided to give it back to them. I'm glad it turned out that this was wrong.

As for the Greeks, they were under occupation for years so I can understand them wanting the city back. You know, for glory's sake. WE WUZ BYZANTINES N SHIET.

Is there any links you can send where I can read more about the war that was going on at the time? I like reading.

cuck

>I'm actually half Bulgarian myself,

Only if you have one parent form each nation.

Otherwise, if you or our parents are the so called muslim Bulgarians who emigrated to t*rkey, you are 100% Bulgarian and you are continuing to be a slave, bowing down to the t*rks. Really makes you think, eh?

There were no t*rks left in Bulgaria after the Russians freed us. The muslims left were/are pure Bulgarians whose ancestors were forcefully converted into islam. Forcing someone into a religion doesn't magically change your genes.

Karamans>O***mans

You roaches are mongrel anyways, you literally have almost as much greek as turkic blood.

(((Karamans)))

I dont see how you can justify that. Are you sure you arent confusing "Empire" for "the strongest political structure in the world"? Because those two arent the same thing.
Spain held more than half of a fucking continent, how can you say that it wasnt an empire?
>Just to be recognized as a roman emperor
I dont think that was the only reason, although it was one of the reasons. He really genuinely liked Christianity. Its evident in one of his poems. I can provide sauce on and translation of said poem if you so wish.
It didnt happen because he was poisoned, either by Venetians or by his son.

>literally Albo diaspora in Italy
Kys, Archimedes alone had more impact on human history than 3000 years of "Illyrian" genetic heritage

>be tu*k
>steal Byzantine flag
>''DAT IZ MUSLIM NOW''

Damn you fucking bastards

My mother and her family moved to Turkey around the 1970s I believe. My father was born in Turkey, though his father was actually Swiss but that matters little in this case.
So I'm still half Bulgarian. I dont bow down to Turks though. Sure, I live in Turkey, but believe me, its really not that easy to escape from this shithole. Not when you arent rich.

Historically, empire was just the christian state.
Later, muslims also got empires going, so empire was the muslim state, for them.
Basically the state which, though divine will, has the right and duty to conquer the rest of the states, to unite all the faithful.

Trying to make the word fit earlier great blobs like Persia or China led to the definition we are arguing about, but in historical context it was The Roman Empire, and later a fight on who is the successor.

I also included the White Man's Burden period leaders, first Spain, then Britain, since they spread christianity in the same way, continuing the idea of empire on other continents.

In the new period, USA and USSR tried to spread their religions of democracy and communism around the globe to unite the world in analogical strategies.

So your mother is 100% Bulgarian and your father is 50% Swiss 50% t*rk (your grandma was t*rkish I suppose).

That means you are 1/4 t*rk at best. Even less I bet if you dig into your grandmothers' ancestry.

Come home Bulgarian man .

I hope you know the only reason your country still exists is because the British and French was desperate to keep you alive to avoid Russia from becoming too strong.

The entire Russian army was at the door ready to liberate Constantinople along with the Balkans during the war.

Thats all well and good, but Rome became an Empire four hundred years before it became Christian.
I really dont think an "empire" has anything to do with religion or conversion, famalam.

basically our new-identity was based on recapturing Constantinople.
French abondoned us Bolseviks did the oposite of tsarists by supporting Kemal.
In eastern Thrace we were the majority more than 70% of the total population was greek and specifcally in Constantinople we were half-half with roaches.
We could easiliy capture and defend constantinople since kemal didn't have any fleet to pass the Bosporus. Also greek fleet was very powerful.

But Entente states determined that Dardanelles straits should ne governed by one country only to avoid conflict in the future. Kemal won the war so they demanded greek paratroopers to not invade the City.
So we lost our historical/national/religious capital once and for all.

Only Lloyd George supported us till the end, the other brits turned their backs and supported turkish plans.

>but there are Turks out there who would much rather stand on your side against other Turks when the day comes.

i don't think so m8, no matter how much turks hate islam they will never side with balkan scum against their own people.

No, we call them an empire. They called themselves a republic, and later a kingdom.

this
turkish people are very nationalistic

>recapturing Constantinople
keep dreaming cunt, you know that Istanbul has a larger population then gayreece right?

My mother's trying to get a Bulgarian citizenship right now. Still, I think I'd rather leave the middle east and the Balkans all together. I really want to live in the Anglospehere (Minus the United States)
I would. Granted, I'm not fully Turkish, but no Turk is, really. I know others who would, too.

I am talking about Interwar period illiterate uneducated scum.

I highly doubt Romans called themselves a Kingdom after what happened with the first Kingdom.
They HATED kings and kingdoms. Besides, they called the Roman Empire "Imperium Romanum". Granted, Imperium didnt really mean "empire" back in their time, but it certainly didnt mean kingdom.

Constantinople would be Russo-Greek orthodox now if you didn't have the red revolution.
youtube.com/watch?v=l9n3xxDYffs

Imperator literally meant king. Later basileus and ceasar also meant king.
The first people to call themselves emperors, or "kings of kings"m which under your definition of empire would fit, were the persians. They said their head guy was shahanshah, the shah of shahs, shah meaning the head guy of some peoples.

Like I said, the empire makers, as in the divine right to spread and conquer everything, comes from christianity first, then islam, then white man's burden, then democracy and communism. Thats my definition of empire.

The west could have taken Constantinople back, they had their chances but didn't want to do it. Let the turks have it, the west doesn't value anything anyways.

>He is just very casually full of hatred against anyone and everyone who isnt in his definition of "us".

So then he's your basic everyday typical turkroach then, eh? :D

Fuck Turkey. If your shithole roach nest of a country wasn't strategically important as a tool, we'd nuke you back into the stone age, which from the looks of your people wouldn't be much of a change, kek.

>implying Greeks weren't called Romans up until it's independence
>what is Megali Idea
Educate yourself, Tatar.

Eternal Anglo always had a soft spot for Muslim scourge, i mean they surrendered there own capital to them.

>Mehmed II was a Christian
>wanted to rename Ottoman empire to Third Rome

lol kill yourselves ottocucks
karamans were better

Christcucks are to blame

>nothing to do with greeks
Hmmm what language did they speak? I seem to have forgotten

What a shit load of fuck

>Imperator literally meant king
Oh come on, now youre just bullshitting.
Are you really suggesting they called their military commanders "King" when Rome was a republic and the senate held power?
There are instances of the Senate trying to end the political carreer of people or outright trying to kill people because they were worried that they would proclaim themselves king and youre telling me "Imperator" literally meant king.
Rex meant king. Imperator roughly meant "He who can exert military authority"

Roman. Later on Greek caught on since Greeks spread among the administration and it was easier to deal with them that way... with time it became THE language.

Doesn't change the facts. I speak English right now, doesn't make me American.

Imperator is the word they had for king, like the arabs use Allah for god.
A christian arab would still pray to Allah, to "god", whichever god. Thats not semantics, its how the words are translated.

The roman empire in the east adopted greek language, and eastern practices like eating off the ground, sleeping on couches, wearing a lot of hair decoration and earrings and such, the rose flower oils, the purple colors, the elaborate silk gowns. They were not greek and not roman, a special thing of themselves.

holy hell turks have paintings?!

isnt that shit haram or something or is it just haram to paint muhamed?

This what they cannot understand,
Had we captured Constantiople, we would maintained the "Rhomios" ethnic name once and for all. But without Constantinople there isn't Romiosini my cypriot bro, it was a corollary to abandon our eastern roman identity.
Like Rums of the Middle East.

>So then he's your basic everyday typical turkroach then, eh? :D
Well, yes, but really, you cant believe how casual he is about it. Most people are racist because they want to be racist. They are aware they are being racist.
We in Sup Forums, for example, know that "nigger" is a racial slur when we say it. We dont refrain from saying it, but we know the connotations. Erdo doesnt necessarily mean to offend when he's being xenophobic. It just comes naturally to him.
>If your shithole roach nest of a country wasn't strategically important as a tool, we'd nuke you back into the stone age
Keep telling yourself that, burger. Your time of nuking is long past. You befriend sunnis, not nuke them.
>which from the looks of your people wouldn't be much of a change, kek.
I'm going to have to agree with you there.

>official language was latin from 330 to 610 (not even 300 years)
>official language was greek from 610 to 1453 (800 fucking years)
Hmmm really makes me think

Germiyans>Karamans>Ottomans

While I agree with you on the general greek-roman thing, your argument is weak.
Bulgarians were also called romans, as were some anatolian populations.
All the slaves from what used to be the eastern roman state were called romans, or rumeli, in the Ottoman state.

Honest question, my muslim friends.

How can a language that was so important disappear? I'm of course speaking about Latin. How could the greek language outlast the latin one?

>Imperator is the word they had for king
I literally just told you, in the post you are replying to, that rex is their word for king.
Youre either not reading my posts, or you're just fucking with me. Either way, I dont think I want to argue with you anymore.
Also, purple was the colour of nobility and political power back in First Rome too.

They spoke Medieval Greek in addition to Roman. And identified either as Greeks (Romioi) or Latins.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Greek
On the other hand, your people back at the time weren't Slavified and spoke some Mongol dialect.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgar_language
Furthermore, let's not forget the glorious deeds of Basil.

>mfw my post ends in 1453
Kek works in mysterious ways

Its haram to paint mohammad but most muslims took it as a general ban on painting. Christianity had a similar state in its nascent ages, I believe.
Mehmed II was, however, a modern man and didnt really give two shits about islam. He had his portrait made by an Italian artist he specially brought from Italy etc.

Why do Greeks deny their turkish blood and try to act like a christian?
Kek

Pretty much, Greek bro. You can't be Roman when you don't hold Rome. This is why even after the 4th crusade when Byzantium was divided into the Greek successor states they then began to identify with their Greek past.

Actually they speak Latin. From the Latium area. I think they call it Lazio now.

Imperium means authority, and imperator is the autocrat. Thats your king.
Rex means archon, regnum means control. This is your chief/warlord/whatever. He is the less official king, maybe a barbarian chieftain. And rex was used for barbarians, while imperator was not.

>Rumeli
That's actually the lands of the Rum. We called them simply Rum, which later came to mean any Christian living on Anatolian (And later Ottoman) land.

It didn't. It just fragmented into different dialects that became their own languages.

They were literally an enclave along with others slavs, we were very generous with, we didn't exterminate them, we made them christians and many of them were deported to anatolia which was richer than balkans.

Sure thing Grandpa Hellas.

DELET THIS!!

Reeeeeee

>Bulgarians were also called romans
No they weren't because then they wouldn't have rebelled in the first place. Same thing with Serbians and Armenians, they all preferred to have their own identities instead of becoming Romans. In the end, it was only Greek who were the Romans of Byzantium, it becomes even more obvious after the 4th crusade when the other remeaining states except the crusader ones were all Greek.

Also the Anatolians by then were all Hellenised and became Greeks since Alexander's conquests.