scholar.harvard.edu/dias/publications
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>is hydrogen metal?
have you looked at bikini atoll lately?

No, why?

bump

holy shit how did I miss this?
this is huge

My God, your basic lack of chemistry knowledge is very sad. Hydrogen has one electron in a two electron shell. Therefore, it only has one possible bond, and when in the presence of itself, it forms H2. How the fuck is it supposed to form a crystal lattice if it can only bond once? Seriously, read a fucking book and move out of your mom's basement.

Well if you read the comments on the study a lot of people take issue with how the study was conducted and if it can be replicated.

Physicists at Harvard say otherwise?

hydrogen is metal as fuck

So again, you don't understand what a "metal" is or how atoms bond. Forcing atoms next to eachother using pressure is not "turning hydrogen into a metal" for fuck sake.

Yes, but it's only found deep within Uranus and similar places.

it shares the bond

It's a quantum thing you see

fucking nippon posters

i stopped reading after the first line

Well the article said it could be meta-stable. That is stable after the pressure is removed.

stop trolling

sharing a bond is not quantum you stupid fucking atomic bomb baby

Eh, sorry senpai but enough pressure I could see it happening. Enough energy in the right place and things get weird as fuck

But it is not bonded like a metal after that event. It would be bonded in a quasi stable form where atoms are simply tangled up together. Not a metal. This is misleading clickbait and impractical as fuck.

so they turned a bunch of AYYY LMAO into fucking olives, and we're proud of that?

>being this undergrad
why not read the paper before sperging out on a mongolian basket-weaving forum?

science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2017/01/25/science.aal1579

Wow dude insulting people's knowledge about chemistry but not knowing that atoms don't make neat little pairs.

Bohr model babbies are getting upset

Gee, i wonder how there's a whole group of elements, including lithium, potassium and francium, with the same valence electron configuration that forms metals, then?

How do I explain this to your simple mind?
>bankrupt physicist creates clickbait to help promote continued funding of shitty lifestyle

I have no idea what is going on? What do the two dots mean? Why do they show the individual atoms getting smaller?

That does not sound practical, a current itself has little momentum, there are currents crisscrossing America, and the power still goes out microseconds after the power plants shout down.

fucking degenerate matter

that's obviously fake news

STELLAR EMPIRE SOON, FAGS
>METALLIC HYDROGEN ROCKETS TO GET US INTO SPACE
>MEMEDRIVE TO GET US TO OTHER STARS

Zing.

Sets 'em up and knocks 'em down. Excellent posting Nippon.

Because OP is a faggot, here is the actual paper:

arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1610/1610.01634.pdf
from
arxiv.org/abs/1610.01634

>peer-reviewed publications from harvard physicists
>clickbait
Choose one and only one

>bankrupt
Probably not
physics.harvard.edu/people/facpages/silvera
scholar.harvard.edu/dias/publications

And yes, a shitskin is conducting cutting-edge research while you jack off to chinese cartoons and shitpost on imageboards

My God, your basic lack of chemistry knowledge is very sad. Lithium has one electron in an eight electron shell. Therefore, it only has one possible bond, and when in the presence of itself, it forms Li2. How the fuck is it supposed to form a metallic lattice if it can only bond once? Seriously, read a fucking book and move out of your mom's basement.

Are you serious m8?

Underrated.

Wewe

It's not like there's really a point in linking the paper when the edited version is more understandable to 99% of the readers. Properly understanding the paper itself requires a decent amount of knowledge in condensed matter physics, which basically no one here has.

The inner shell only has room for two, not eight.

I hope they left it like that, cause that's high art right there.

You're right, but morons in this thread were calling the edited version "clickbait" so

Can you blame them? I'm still pissed about the fact that they managed to create a source of near infinite thrust, and the media immediately thought that in four years we'd be taking space cruises to mars.