AZ doctors treat autism with fecal transplant

>fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/232052011-story

The cure for autism is shit posting! My fucking sides.

Other urls found in this thread:

fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/232052011-story
youtube.com/watch?v=GhqXWybI6xQ
youtu.be/6kmJynf0PoM
youtube.com/watch?v=gOZcbNw7sng
vice.com/en_us/article/parents-are-giving-their-children-bleach-enemas-to-cure-them-of-autism-311
pastebin.com/f54AG18Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Fecal transplant
What?

this is actaully a very old type of treatment. Usually used for autoimmune disorders.

Gut bacteria plays a large role is nutrient absorption, expelling toxins and immune system health.

There are companies that do fecal matter harvesting from healthy-gut-bacteria donors and make capsules of them for (usually) organ transplant patients.

All memes are coming true.

So be careful what you meme next.

That's when they open you up and take a big shit inside your ribcage

Really made me a fink

I actually have had a fecal transplant. It cured my Ulcerative Colitis

>AMERICAN INTELLECTUALS
LOLOLOLOLOLOL FUCKING FATFUCKS THE ONLY THING THEY DO IS EAT AT MCDONALDS ALL DAY kek

How the fuck do you end up in that line of business? It's like these mentally ill doctors who think one day "Yup, urologist, because I want to look at dicks all day". What line of study leads to be a shit expert?

You gave an asspie 10 seconds of hope...

This is for the ones that cant hold in their shit, not a treatment for the actual autism...

Says the only country with an obesity rate higher than ours.

>>fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/232052011-story

this actually makes sense guys

I have aspergers and have a long-running history of imbalances in my gut bacteria, I take probiotics now and my autismo has slowly faded away

fecal transplants are good for helping people restabilize their bacterial colonies, so yes.

shitposting is the cure for autism

Bacterial flora has massive impact on your personality.

Fecal transplants initially began as a treatment for C. diff because it restores beneficial bacterial flora to the GI tract.

That being said, if there is a peer reviewed study that backs this up I'd like to see it, because I highly doubt it does much of anything.

back and forth, forever

I fucking laugh everytime I remember those mothers bleaching their kid intestines to take away the "autistic parasite"

Literally evacuating the autist's bowels and shoving a tube down his arse and having a normal person shit down it.

Let me cure you Ameribros.

I'm sure it's heavily based on pay scale and what a doctor is or isn't willing to do. I'm sure more specialized fields offer better pay.

youtube.com/watch?v=GhqXWybI6xQ

Gut bacteria, retard.

youtu.be/6kmJynf0PoM

Islam has different opinion

Well fuck. I'd love to fuck her brains out. She's a Russian bitch.

>we /4humours/ now

Ancient spanish wisdom, huh

There's been similar research using yogurt as a probiotic enema. There are very strong correlations between gut bacteria and mental health, memory and behavior. Just eating yogurt and fermented foods is probably as effective as getting pooped in your pooper.

People sometimes follow unexpected paths.
You have those who follow their dreams and often en up disillusioned.
And you have those who follow opportunity and get good at what they choose and flourish.

The field you are looking for is 'proctologist' btw.

Oh my fucking god. I just started out on something quite similar to the paleo diet and now it turns out its all fucking true. At least to me this is final proof that our western diets is killing us (or our gut bacteria if you so will).

People who are interested in the topic should also watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=gOZcbNw7sng

If autist patients all have chronic diarrhea, I'm very surprised that no one found this out sooner.

>Swedecuck doesn't realize the niggers and mudslimes are going to contaminate all his drinking water within 20 years and he'll die of C. diff once he shit's out all his electrolytes and his PVCS lead to asystole. His corpse then fucked by a homeless bum one last time.

they weren't spanish you fucking somali

vice.com/en_us/article/parents-are-giving-their-children-bleach-enemas-to-cure-them-of-autism-311

makes sense

>Mathew Perry or Edward Norton

))((

here is my pastebin into the introductionary of all of this if you have time and IQ points to spare.

pastebin.com/f54AG18Q

Don't drink too many of those or you will be shitting like a fireman's hose

I wonder if Indian poo would be super potent in this treatment, I'd be willing to bet they have genetically evolved until they achieved max poo resist stats and are immune to most foreign diseases.

>once he shit's out all his electrolytes
No need for food poisoning, you can do that with enough alcohol

Look at that piece of fuck meat

That isnt a half black is it?

kek, memes are dictating reality

Explain this to me

>even hitler did fecal transplants, how have you not heard of them?

The BBBRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPP guy must be really healthy

this wont be enough, probiotics is a meme. Facel transplants might kinda work I don't really know. What is important is a diet that feeds your gut microbes. You need tons of fiber and glucosinolates and try not to eat preservatives as they are designed to kill bacteria. As you probably suspect most of our food these days is full of preservatives and low on fiber. Easy rule of thumb, eat only whole foods.

Slavic probably

What's the best way to get fiber if I don't like whole foods?

WE ISAAC NOW

I have her on instagram, she is Russian.

>deliberately feeding endotoxin
It's like you want autism

eat shit

meh

Disgusting 3DPD

>not understanding that bacteria in our intestines play an important role in bodily function

Are you retarded? It's well known that children born natural vs Caesarean section have better immune systems because they literally bathe in the mother's faecal matter at birth.

Australia, please. Don't be another leaf. It's too much for me.

>Canada
>Telling americans they're autistic
mfw You guys are the bad shitposters

>tfw a million dollars will fall into my lap today

>Gastrointestinal problems are common in people with autism, effecting nearly one third of them.
>"It's very hard to treat and it's a huge problem for them if you have a 16 year old still in diapers

yeah sorry, but the Sup Forums autists who are wearing diapers are doing it because they want to, not because they have no choice.
SAGE!

eat bark!

Come on man it really isn't so hard. I quite enjoyed in the last couple of weeks and my hunt for high quality fresh food. It really chances your life and I ate lots of foods I didn't even know existed. The only thing I really miss is bread as it is tasty and fucking convenient.

I'd rather take a pill that gives me fiber than eat trees.

Basically they have established that many autism symptoms arise from a poorly developed immune system. The majority of your immune system is in your digestive tract/stomach. So they put "good" bacteria into your intestines which are supposed to help.

It's all bullshit though, Autism is caused by genetic degradation due to the age of the parents. We see a clear, indisputable correlation between parental age and incidence of autism. It is far more pronounced in men/male children because older men have been becoming fathers later and later in life. Women really only have a window of about 15-25 years, men can still "sire" children into their 80's.

The fecal matter donnie
Give me the fecal matter

>there's a GI link to autism

Well that explains a fucking lot, no wonder I have diarrhea all the time. I'm a goddamn autist

Her instagram handle/name is olgachocolate. You'll thank me later.

say it with me user

CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION

now go write it on the chalkboard 100 times

guess what happened at the same time that the age of parents went up? the diet went to shit

>CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION
ah one of the most prominent of left-wing mottos

Kek, listen up retard, fecal transplants don't do shit. You cannot unfuck a strand of DNA that was used to create the entire organism from the egg. The only cure for Autism is mandating that old people get sterilized at 40, anything after that and the autism rates among their children and their grandchildren spiral upwards.

But we won't do that because Baby boomers are a sick god-less culture who want to pretend they are still young and capable of having children in their 60's, its disgusting.

It's not that crazy really. A lot of people in those kinds of fields are just very interested in the process behind it all.

I work in a hospital within the infectious disease area and I most look at patients who have gas gangrene from C. perfringens. I also conduct research with a doctor who is studying experimental approaches to curing gangrene to prevent as much tissue necrosis and avoid the need for skin grafts.

A lot of my day is spent around people who are missing limbs, have entire sections of their body cut off, have oozing and smelly wounds, etc. I just saw a guy last week who had fallen on a dirty piece of rebar that stabbed about three inches into his abdomen. He developed a gas gangrene infection so bad that his abdomen was distended to the point it looked like it was going to burst.

But I wouldn't at all feel bad being a urologist. A lot of what they do is very important. UTI's are ubiquitous in the population and can actually be markers for more serious issues (kidney problems, diabetes, etc). I can see why you think they are crazy but realize there is a lot more science behind what they do that is much more interesting than what meets the eye. You may think they just look at dicks all day but they have a very important role and have a lot more knowledge than we give them credit for.

To expand on this, fecal transplants are highly interesting because the gut flora is overwhelmingly complex. A lot of gut flora is relatively unknown since many of the species are anaerobic and require an absence of oxygen to grow. It's difficult to say just how many microbial species we may be missing due to our limited understanding of anaerobes.

Oh I guess I confused glucosinolates with the stuff found in breast milk. I guess its glycobiome or oligosaccharide / polysaccharide whatever I'm no chemist. Just the stuff that your gut bacteria likes and humans are unable to digest.

The human body sure is amazing.

Oh. Lolé

This is an enormously important point. If the scientific media were serious, this and not global warming would be getting talked up every day. Check out Martin Blaser's book Missing Microbes if you have not already. Blaser is a completely credible mainstream guy with the CDC and everything he says is terrifying.

I had heard that there was a link between cognitive impairment and GI distress, is this true?

It's not about completely curing autism as it is mitigating many of the symptoms. It's possible that some of the symptoms could be resolved but I have to say I have my doubts too.

I looked at the study and it seems dubious for a number of reasons:
>small sample size
>parents and children knew they were receiving transplant so this opens the door for placebo
>relied heavily on the parents' observation
>used a "rating scale" system to have parents evaluate effectiveness

It's probably junk.

I'm attracted to this one.

>parents and children knew they were receiving transplants so this opens the door for placebo

I'd like to see your method of clandestinely performing a poop transplant

It's a shame that a new and promising field of medical science has been utterly tainted in the public opinion because they decided to name the procedure "fecal transplant". It's not about fecal matter, nobody cares about fecal matter, it's about a colony of bacteria that lives in your digestive system. It's not strictly inside poop, it's AROUND your poop, that's why these bacteria are still there even when your digestive track is completely empty of poop. Just call it a gut bacteria transplant for god's sake.

>diarrhea for years

I'd go insane after two months tbqh

It sure is, friend.

This is debatable to a degree. I talk a lot with a local psychiatrist here and she has told me that many of her patients who suffer from anxiety or depression have some sort of bowel disease even when they are not on any medication. Whether it's IBS or frequent constipation, they report having a variety of symptoms.

I would say that it's highly plausible that there exists a link between GI distress and stress, depression, or any other cognitive distress.

I'm not real up to date on the literature though.

Well they could have had some patients receive actual poop and other receive nothing more than an enema.

In an experiment like this you would literally do everything the same except implant the new material. That is the only way to know if it's a placebo effect or not.

Welcome to biomedical research! Where doctors don't like big words, researchers have to try to explain things to the public, and the public is sensitive about everything.

If they had named it "bacterial transfer" a lot of people would have been confused and frankly a lot of people would have been pissed off if they found out a poop slushy from another individual was put inside their ass instead of just some bacterias.

It's a landmine no matter what you name it.

who is that seafaring wench?

wew

sure, although I'm not really sold on the idea that you can simply transplant a bunch of bacteria. First of all many of the microbes won't survive the transplantation. Secondly it's really hard to tell what happens after the transplantation. I suspect that it could have quite chaotic effects if you add uncountable new species to a somewhat balanced system. It could even make you really sick if you think about it. Some of the more nasty beasts could suddenly take over.

Med student here. Before you specialize to a certain field like cardiology, radiology, etc. you have to graduate from medical school first, and there you see (and touch, and examine) so many disgusting things, that you become immune to things like assholes or dicks.

>Disgusting 3DPD
this has to be ironic

What's ironic about not finding his pictures attractive?

Oh wow that comic really made me think with it's well thoughtout argument wow, I guess years of research in medical microbiology and several data analyses and meta analyses just got btfo

TOPKEK
What a reference

Okay what the fuck am I even looking at.

>tfw anti-vaxxers are actually half-right and over vaccination of babbies literally overwhelms and suppresses the development of necessary bacteria in the body, whereinby facilitating the development of autism

>fedora tippers and political-science fans will continue ignore these incredibly strong correlations

shouldnt homosexuals have improved health from transplanting eachothers shit into eachother manually?

Tannic acid is a good way to fuck up your microbiota even further
As that other guy said, probiotics are a meme. Here's a thought experiment, you have about 10^12 bacteria per GRAM of fecal matter (even more lining your actual large intestine), probiotics contain 10^8 TOPS per whole pill which has to pass through various envrionmental extremes. You actually think probiotics do anything? Eat normal everyday food (mix of meat, veggies and starch) and try to get a lot of fibre (cellulose not tannic acid). Good sources are sauerkraut, nuts, oats, etc...

cow stomach?

It was a joke mate. My message was to eat fresh whole foods which are automatically high on fiber. I guess you could try to supplement but since the supplement industry is not to be trusted and you wont get real diversity from it anyways it's probably mostly a waste of money and time.

Guys don't be afraid of whole foots. Just try it for 2 weeks, it's surprisingly easy and it's kinda funny and efficient if you walk through a supermarket and completely ignore about 99% of all shelves. Also you will find lots of great recipes on youtube, or on the internet in general. Just look out for "paleo", have fun and get much healthier.

This is probably the biggest change on livestyle I ever did and it's surprisingly easy and I feel great and actually get shit done. It's like a positive feedback loop.

It works, why not let them do it?