Flag burning: Legitimate Protest or Treason?

Which side are you on? I believe flag burning is an act of aggression towards the state and should be punished.

>pic related: American Hero

It is both freedom of speech, and an act of aggression.

The ultimate form of freedom of speech.

You should be proud to live in a country with that much freedom.

Niether. It should be legal but people who do it are just edgelords looking for attention. I wouldn't feel bad for someone who gets their ass kicked for burning the flag.

I lean towards the idea that it ought to be allowed, in the name of free speech. But if it's speech, let's not forget what they're saying. Someone who burns a flag is declaring their utter hatred for the flag's nation and the people in it. They should be treated accordingly.

Video?

Google it you dumb cuck. It went viral...

Fed ex driver. USA flag.

Legally allowed as a form of expression but it is very disrespectful.
Legally allowed to do it but follows the golden rule "talk shit get hit."

Flag burning is the only reapectful way of denouncing a state in earnest and it's usually wise not to stop free communication as otherwise you just get nasty surprises.
So i'm for allowing it and telling those oversensitive pussies to not get triggered by a burning flag, it's just a bit of cloth after all.

Checked.

I'm unsure if it's constitutionally protected. Not certain that 1st Amendment protects it. I know Scalia thought it did, but opinions divert.

Shouldn't it generally be illegal to set things aflame in inappropriate places?

As much as I despise it, it is a freedom of speech issue as has been stated many times before.

And as stated before, it shows your utter disrespect of the nation and those who fought to protect it when you do so and do not be surprised if someone turns their back to the guy who might have lost a father, friend, brother, sister or mother during a war to protect this nation beating the crap out of you.

As much as it is Freedom Of Speech, it is a highly disrespectful form of protest, nowhere peaceful really, they're basically saying "We hate this country and the people in it, so we're gonna litter the streets" and someone else has to fucking clean the burnt flag.

It is and they are being charged with laws regarding fires outside of fireplaces in that town for burning a flag in the street.

Note, they are being charged for how they did it. not that they did do it.

It is legitimate protest but that doesn't make you any less of a degenerate for taking part in it. But we should use social cues and shaming to discourage it rather than laws

America
love it or leave it

this

this tbhfami, never stop and enemy from making a mistake

Burning the flag is legal, it was challenged at the SCOTUS and proved legal under the first amendment.

However, it is morally wrong to burn the flag of the country you live in. Especially when there are men and women dying for you and that same flag

If you burn a flag you shouldn't be surprised when somebody from the armed forces beats you fucking face in.

Fkn based FedEx man. How he held back from beaning the fuckers with that extinguisher I'll never know

>burning a piece of cloth.
I understand what it represents. But no that's stupid. Would you suggest the same for people burning the Bible? The worst you could charge them with is arson.

I know conservatives who challenged its constitutionality, because the three exceptions to the 1st Amendment (libel, obscenity, treason) would seem to include flag burning under the 'treason' header in English Common Law, but a good argument could be made that flag burning sort of laid the foundation for the American Revolution.

fucken right man

Burning anything in a public place other than for warmth should be illegal..

I mainly don't appreciate irrational and emotional people starting fires in public.

Most of them aren't even responsible enough to throw their trash away when they finish protesting and instead just drop their signs when they get bored.

arson is not allowed, particularly not in public space.
They burn the flag on their own property if the fire does not spread and endangers others.

It isn't the act of burning the flag that provoked the idea for the revolution. It is what burning the flag "meant" to thpoae actually taking part in it

The same goes for the crazies doing it now. But instead, they act for anarchy, not freedom

Its already illegal here, and I am glad it is. If you hate the county enough to burn the flag GTFO.

It is if it's a citizen doing it
If it's a non-American doing it then that is spitting on our nation and is an invitation to a throw down

I think it should be legal, but not on any government or public property.

Its not speech though
At all
Its a hostile action and should be illegal

People who burn flags should be executed by firing squad.

Burning the American flag is the left-wings way of saying nigger publicly.