Dead Malls in America

Why did malls close in america? Was it the death of another jewish scheme, plus what was your favorite memory of the mall you grew up in

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Edge-City-Frontier-Anchor-Books/dp/0385424345
youtu.be/Zov7PEXdVZk
broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-american-shopping-mall
youtube.com/watch?v=pNIaI6rvoNk
youtu.be/MfsmHFQHGoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The rise of virtual market places killed malls

Jesus Christ how tacky

>Why did malls close in america?
Internet.

I have no favourite memory of a mall near me.

I remember a shop near the enterance. I was reading through some personal story of some guy who was abused by a teacher to a friend. The store owner posted a picture of me from CCTV calling me a pedo.

Some people are just retarded.

Malls that are filled with stores but empty of people are almost as eerie as abandoned malls

It's the Internet's fault

pedo btfo,

go back to hollywood you sick freak

No mention of large scale black mob violence.
Sup Forums i am dissapoint.

The 1992 book, Edgy City, explores where these malls came from and why they are flawed.

amazon.com/Edge-City-Frontier-Anchor-Books/dp/0385424345

1 POST BY THIS ID

The double decker indoor carousel. Fuck, that was a great mall. Three floors, open triangular layout, glass elevator. I remember going to the Pokémon 10th Anniversary celebration there, it was great.

Shitty business models and the internet. No one wants to travel 30 miles to a mall located in a ghetto when they can just buy what ever they need through the web. You go to malls for the experience but, when the experience is nothing more than wading through individuals who look like the type to rob you just kills the fun of going to a mall.

>the winged golden pig statues around the gazebo
jfmsu

nogs

Too much sharting no doubt

blah blah blah cut right to it you faggots want to talk about urban exploring
lets get to it:
youtu.be/Zov7PEXdVZk

Two things killed the mall.

1: Rise of all big box stores.
2: Online shopping.

Also the only thing you can buy in a mall are cell phones and women's clothes.

Amazon

BUMP

Spics

Americas fucking weird

In tons of towns you have brand new strip malls in between Two that were abandoned ten years ago

who here had a mall but it actually was just chimp sanctuary??

Do you remember the kinds of people that used to hang out at malls? Life is better without them

wtf is that

diversity

too many niggas there

>1: Rise of all big box stores.

Aren't the big box stores the what the mall uses as large anchors?

How about you give us the tl;dr. My reading list is large enough already. And neglected. I spend too much time here.

but now jcpenny, sears, macys, etc are all dying anyways

(((Amazon)))

Another thing that probably killed malls is the "no loitering" policy most of them implemented to keep teenagers out from hanging out at the mall.

Malls started banning first anyone with backpacks - kids were going to the mall on the way home from school. Then malls banned under 18s with no adult. Death of mall.

Malls for me were more of a social hub than place to shop. If you were a NEET then I could see you not having no real love for a mall but I genuinely loved mine growing up and I'm glad it's still around even though it's a shell of its former self. I met a lot of my best friends in the mall as well as navigated my way talking to girls when I visited malls. It's a place where you socialize, not just shop

We shart in MART, not in MALL, you stupid bong. Malls are classy, you have to have some respect.

Also, combination of the expansion of online shopping and convenience, and an invasion of minorities into malls. Malls used to be a white suburban teenage thing, now it's a nigger+mudslime thing, and some mexicans.

Creative destruction through the rise of the internet.

For another example of a similar case, look at photo-development place's fall and the rise of the digital camera.

I fucking love Dan Bell

Malls depended on a strong middle class.

With America's increasingly disparate wealth, the middle class dried up, malls were forced to rent to lower-class shops to make rent, then turned into ghetto hangouts full of crime and worse that drove away what few middle class types were left.

Successful malls here are now more food than shopping- the local "dead mall" got remodeled and reopened with only it's anchors left untouched and an entire side devoted to bars, a Dave and Busters, etc. - not even including the food court.

>gotta shop fast
broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-american-shopping-mall

>Aren't the big box stores the what the mall uses as large anchors?
Yes, but they filled the space with small stores.
So like big 1 to small 30

Now you can go to shopping centers that have 1 big to 3 small, they don't enclose the shopping area but rather have joint parking lots you can walk between or drive between.

Pic related, it's an example of a new style all* big box store shopping center in Edmonton.

*not actually all

Internet, computers.

I remember my mall had a badass arcade, indoor smoking in the walkway, sky roofs, multiple floors, a carousel and a ferris wheel, delicious popcorn, and Spencer's.

because people buy things online now dipshit.

>TFW believed malls had some secret teleportation device that can take you to different alien worlds

The internet killed everything.

Malls in wealthy areas are doing great. Malls in poor areas are shutting down and becoming skeleton buildings with a plethora of rotating stores that sell nothing but cheap chinese junk and cheap chinese clothing.

I live near 2 malls, one in a ritzy area. It's big, has some unique restaurants, and plenty of higher-end shops, but also some lower-end shops.

The other mall is in shitsville poor suburb on the other side of the city. The employees are cranky and rude. There are like 5 "Claire's" type stores, and FYE, and half the time I go there to pick up one particular thing that happens to be more convenient to get to, I find the store has already shut down. So I stopped going. Why bother with a 15 minute drive to a closed-down store that is still listed as open when I could drive 30 minutes and get what need and a good meal as well?

In summary, it's poverty.

Not much of a mall culture in NYC. The Queens Center Mall is mine and it's still goin pretty strong I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=pNIaI6rvoNk

exclusively niggers are responsible, canada has no niggers and malls here are doing fine

Is this century three mall?

There is plenty of malls here and they don't seem to die.

I like going to real shops to get a tactile sense of things. And the local mall near me is usually pretty busy, quiet on weeknights, but heaving at weekends.

>that camera waddle
Is he morbidly obese or something? Jesus christ that waddle is disgusting.

>dead malls
>every time I go to the mall in Portland Oregon its pack as fuck

Live near Paramus, NJ. Mall capital of the world. All is well and good with the economy there

He is obese, but you gotta keep in mind the floors are also really shitty in malls.

Why would they do this? Wasn't their money good?

Wait I never knew malls were in decline there. I remember reading something about China's ghost malls, but in America I thought they were still growing.

Didn't Mall of America go through a huge expansion scheme recently?

If I was a cop I'd be a little scared to explore those ruins. Who knows what kind of crack fiends live there.

Jesus fuck, this thread again?
The answer is niggers, just like it always is.

You disgusting pedo. People like you are why malls have closed down. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

I bet there's at least $50k in copper wiring inside those walls.

The internet and White flight due to nigger infestation.

Maaaaaannn... Fuck I love watching these theres something so hypnotizing about it
youtu.be/MfsmHFQHGoM

A lot of science fiction from the 60s through the 90s took place in the malls of the future
Logan's Run, B5, DS9, all featured malls

The futurists never realized how lazy people really are
Convenience beats every other human desire

Don't forget the niggers

In high school we used to chuck x-large sodas over the tops of the occupied bathroom stalls. We called it "angry shitters"

that's the creativity of a child, and it's actually more accurate than simply saying you "entered a building for an express purpose" like your adult self would say.

The nature of reality is fluid and dynamic. The Mall is another world. A different social structure, needing a different mode of awareness to navigate.

Let your inner child out once more to meme the impossible

Ironically Amazon is what is killing brick and mortar stores

Is this like, a thing? Are there a ton of videos of people walking around dead malls now?

Gib more pls. I'm ready to waste a lot of time.

Malls will be back, but they'll be different.

They will be simultaneously farmers markets arcades, gardens/parks and religious temples all in one experience.

Screencap this post.

A few reasons:
Malls were a place to mingle, replaced by smartphones with Tinder/Facebook.
The average person does not have the funds to spend at the mall anymore, due to stagnation in wages, while inflation grows.
Small chain stores cannot compete with the buying power of the giants like Walmart, etc.

>vice

>you have just been bogdafied

Nah bro only shitskin niggers and cucks go to malls. They're cancer to society in the same way reddit is cancer to us.

the quality of people who go there is not good.

>religious temples

He is fat but he is not waddling obese. The reason for him waddling is because he is walking on piles of broken glass, busted floor tiles, dust, and gravel. To much lateral force in his steps and he will fall and bust ass. I walk that same way at work sites.

>8 malls within 20-40 minutes of my house
>Largest mall on the east coast is down the road
>no tax on clothing because it is considered a necessity

Pretty comfy desu

the temple will be specifically mixed with the arcade. you'll donate to the church by playing a game.

Don't forget Housing. They will become the first hive cities

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. There is probably a good amount of salvage there untouched, even light fixtures and such.

You're right. I did fail to mention it.

Malls don't allow unattended teens as much anymore.

Walmart and the internet.

Online shopping, duh.

Over here they have a hard-on for giant malls and are building a bunch at the same time. I don't understand why or who they expect to actually shop there. The areas around the malls are totally dead since everything is at the mall, shit sucks

i say this in every thread like this, our mall failed because the owners were charging disgusting amounts despite doing nothing to maintain the structural integrity of the building

nobody is going to pay thousands of dollars monthly when half the stores have leaky ceilings

GenXfag here. I lived at the mall as a teen. It's been said already, but diversity killed them.

"they" would roam in packs and do what they do. Nobody wants to be around that.

Internet/big box stores were the knockout punch.

The mall around my house is still crowded 24/7.

Probably because its like 90% food court now rather then shops.

Citrus Park Mall for any Florida bros who were curious.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Are these jews or extremely good goys? They look like rednecks desu

>the owners were charging disgusting amounts despite doing nothing to maintain the structural integrity of the building
Yes, malls are owned by jews. When you hear 'slumlord' think jew. Every.Fucking.Time.

Niggers

I am in Canada and there is a dead mall I loved very much and it is gone now. Internet killed it. No reason to go there when internet came and it lay dead for awhile then it was demolished.

>that cross inside a 6 pointed star
some of Martin Luthor's work

tldr faggot. no one is going to read that shit book to find out why malls suck.

Looked very similar to the one in the pic, I went there to buy old pc games, watch movies, buy clothes, it just wasn't relevant anymore.

holy fuck how sad is your life that you played in one of these as a kid? how shitty of a parent do you have to be to take you kid to the mall to play? how fucking autistic do you have to be to not be able to go shopping without going on a carousel?

The problem with malls are that they made too many of them. When I moved to my city back in the 90s, we had four malls, and only three "large" cities all next to each other. Now its down to two malls, one is an outlet mall that is mostly offices and a community college and the other is a rather packed and thriving mall.

Smaller malls didn't make it due to the internet and an over saturation of malls. The two malls that didn't make it in my area were built out in the middle of nowhere, waiting for the city to expand to them but nobody wanted to shop at them because they didn't have any of the big name companies at them.

I think some malls are going to survive and the ones that do are going to offer incentives to go to them. The main reason to go to one right now is that it has a lot of stores all together allowing you to compare prices but also you get to try on the clothes, feel and touch the products you are going to buy, and you get to walk away with it right then and there. Until the internet can allow you to touch and feel the items you are buying before you buy, Malls will survive as they are now.

Many malls however are going to die out simply because there are too many.

Thats fucking sad..do you really need Malls as places of socializations in Murica? That's why ur society is shit....

*daily reminder that more people get killed in the US on average than in SIcily*

What is wrong with going on a carousel, you sour faced pickle-puss?

>malls are classy
>full of niggers
you're going to have to pick ONE

The mall near me used to be nice, now it's infested with niggers fighting all over the food court. High end stores leaving for no name flee market type shops. It's orge

homeless situation is getting pretty bad here

in some places developer buy malls and the tear them down
they then put in streets, sidewalks and commercial buildings
it looks more like a downtown, but it's private property so they can kick the homeless out

from an investor stand point i would rather own 12 individual buildings than a mall with same square footage. easier to rent out and maintain.