Jury Duty

Finally got my summons for jury duty. Please answer the following:

>Is jury duty fun if you like court/law stuff?
>Is it really everyones duty as citizen to be a juror?
>Is getting out of Jury Duty degenerate?

No, but it's paid time off work, assuming you aren't a neet.
Yes.
Depends on how you go about it. Don't just ignore it, because you can end up with big fines.

If you want to get out of it just say you'd give preferential treatment to members of your race.

It's also true

Google "Jury Nullification"

Best way to get out of service. Principle is based on a pre-revolutionary court case involving Quakers and has been affirmed ~3 times by Supreme Court decisions over the years.

Basically when the judge asks the jury if they have any questions during selection you raise your hand and ask: "If we so choose, when will we be allowed to exercise our right to jury nullification?"

You'll be home before breakfast.

I got out of jury duty when they moved me to a later court date which got canceled. Not degenerate?

no, yes, yes.

>be self employed
>get jury summons
>show up
>"can you be a fair juror"
>"yes, as long as the person is white"
>mfw I'm the first one booted out while all the retards who put forth logical reasons like muh job, muh family were kept on

Feel free to try that, you'll be held in contempt if you have the wrong judge.

The idea is to make yourself completely disagreeable to either the prosecutor or the defense attorney. Telling the judge that you refuse to follow his orders is just retarded.

Op go and use jury nullification for every case even if their guilty af. Every one will hate you but the defendant

They cant throw you out for that, took a law class and covered it in depth. Its protected by the constitution although not stated, you could probs sue hard af if they removed you on those grounds

They can remove you on any grounds they choose. Did you take a mail-order law class or something?

Jury nullification is legal, judge can't say "kill yourself, oh you aren't obeying, okay contempt of court"

you can't sue if you're removed as a juror. you don't have any interest in the case or a cause of action

if the defense thinks they're being racist or something they can challenge and the plaintiff or prosecution have to articulate a ground for dismissal not based on a protected class to the judge or face sanctions

I did jury duty in Canada, so my job paid for me to do it which took almost a month.

You will have a much different opinion of the criminal justice system having seen it first hand and not the movies/tv meaning you will have a greater appreciation for it. The guy I had to deliberate on was a drunken native who murdered some other guy. After we said he was guilty as fuck he actually thanked us because prison apparently cleaned him up from alcohol abuse.

It's often tedious, but sometimes interesting. A family member of mine was recently called to pull a month of reviewing gory evidence from a dual rape-murder, which turned out to be taxing both emotionally and in terms of how much time was taken out of every day.

I've never been summoned, but I'd go in to it excited to try to do the best I could to make our judicial process fair and honest. Also do check out jury nullification. If the judge is decent the judge will outline reasonable expectations of jury behavior, but at the end of the day if you think the whole thing is BS then nobody can stop you for saying not guilty for any reason you want.

Question. Why can't felons serve on juries after a certain amount of time clean?

just don't send back the notice. They can't fine you unless they send the letter certified

The judge orders you to follow the instructions he gives you as to how to decide the case. Feel free to try it and tell me how it goes.

Look up YouTube videos of "sovereign citizen" arrests while you're at it. They're usually the same people pushing this bullshit. Just because something is logically sound, doesn't mean it's legally sound.

There are a lot of things felons can't do that are questionable. But I seem to recall that there is a legal process by which you can try to get your status as a felon removed based on having been good boy since.

>just don't send back the notice. They can't fine you unless they send the letter certified
This is a bad idea.

In NC they can. I got all my rights back except for firearms after I got out and finished my probation.

Thought they couldnt with jury nullification for some reason but your right us v thomas says you can remove a juror if they want to perform jury nullification just looked it up

Can you vote?
Do you vote pro-gunz?

it's not an idea, it's the truth

Yeah, prosecutors and defense attorneys can remove a juror for any "justifiable" reason, which means they can remove you from the pool for any reason as long as they articulate something that sounds plausible.

Here is a true story.

When I was called for Jury Duty, I was worried that I was going to get stuck on a panel. About 3:00 pm, the defense attorney does a dramatic turn during voir dire at me. He asked in a deep and serious tone, "Mr. Convoy, can you go against the crowd?"

Then I reply back calmly, "Of course, I am a monarchist."

The attorney looks dumbfounded by my answer. Beads of sweat start to appear on his brow as he asks, "What's a monarchist?"

That's how I got off from jury duty and at the same time felt bad for the defendant. He probably did the awful deed that he did, but Gott im himmel, no one deserves that big of a twit for a attorney.

So my advice, make an attorney look bad through truthfully answers, and you'll be out of there faster than shit through a goose.

Yeah, I've voted in every election I could. Oddly, I was never removed from the voter rolls during the entire time I was in prison, so I never had to re-register.

I remember when I first got one I was in college or something, and my mom helped me get a doctor's note about anxiety or some bullshit from my doctor, freeing me from the obligation.

And then for a while after I turned down the first, I was getting a jury summons every like 2-3 months (which I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do).

Haven't gotten one in a while now though.

Well in Texas you get to vote (thanks W) and your gun rights back after 5 years (state level/limited rights) but not jury duty.

I guess that's true, I've done it before and just said I never got the letter. But to do it more than once in a row.. I think you might be playing with fire.

Really I had just forgot about it, I would of went if I had remembered. It's just time off work for me.

>tfw federal felons will never get our gun rights back

>oddly
Oddly. Oddly! Fucking oddly.

I hate liberals.

takes about 10 years of cleanliness, plus written testimonies of your rehabilitation. oh, and around 20 grand is going straight to your lawyer's pocket

I was in my towns first jury case in like 15 yrs.
It was based, the guy was trying to be charged for harassment and threats after a neighbor ran over his dog (it lived). So we found him innocent.
See the guy around town, thanked me.

I checked my voter history and nobody voted for me while I was in prison. I'm a registered Republican, so maybe that's why.

>"yes, as long as the person is white"
You know they're not.

You dont get fined you get picked up by a sheriff's deputy who then takes you to court to explain to the judge why you didn't show up for jury duty. Then you could be fined or jailed.

this is just a scare tactic and won't happen.

>They can't fine you unless they send the letter certified
Wrong.
I got one of those "proof of insurance auto coverage" letters in the mail. Was addressed to a previous address. Had moved twice since having address listed on letter. FF to renewing my drivers license, girl at BMV says, "your license was revoked 3 years ago". I call BMV head office. The lady says I'm responsible for keeping current address up to date. No certified letter. Just plain old fucking mail. Had to pay reinstatement fee and get a sr 22 bond. I pleaded to BMV, I didn't know it was revoked. And I didn't break the law. You can't win against the government. They write the laws.

>>Is jury duty fun if you like court/law stuff?
Very.
>>Is it really everyones duty as citizen to be a juror?
Depends how you feel about the justice system. If you think it is important than yes. Otherwise it really feels like you are at the birthday of a kid you don't like because your parents made you.
>>Is getting out of Jury Duty degenerate?
Getting out of it because of a bad reason is. Depending on where you live there is a good chance you wont get picked.

I almost got picked but I was vocal about my unorthodox views on pets.

If they ever ask if I'm able to be a fair juror and I throw out a "as long as he's not a white devil" will they send me home?

>This.
Automatic exclusion and perfectly legal.
No lawyer wants you fucking up the jury verdict.

It happens around here just about every year. The judge gets pissed and issues bench warrants for all the people who didn't show up. Usually the issue is resolved with a firm talking to and a threat about what will happen if they don't show up the next time.

kek can't argue with that I guess

Though I wonder if there would be a reason to not use the same standards of service for a subpoena or anything else like that.

tell em you hate niggers and dont believe in the bill of rights. theyll chose someone else.

I think subpoenas would be more of a lawyer's issue. In this case, the judge (or the judges in this district) take jury duty personally. If they can't seat a jury, it fucks up their calendars. And every once in a while they get some lip from someone they pick up which leads to 24 hours in lockup. Would you rather do jury duty or go to jail? Pretty simple choice.

Honestly the actually jury duty isn't bad, but seeing how stupid your fellow citizens are is bad. I would recommend doing it as it is eye opening.

I did jury duty once. A guy was charged with 3 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and 3 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor under 13. Mentally ill guy who was allegedly jerking it across the street watching a group of 6 young girls. We found him not guilty as the police didn't do a lineup or anything. He probably did it, but lack of quality police work let him go.

I would show up. But if there's an actual case that the court is supposed to hear and you can't get it filed right or get people to show up and participate, that seems like only slightly more important than getting a big enough pool of potential jurors to show up. It's not like certified mail costs all that much.

Depending on rejection rate, that could be a bit less costly than reserving a deputy or a constable to come effectively serve the summons in person. I know for my local courts I'd have to pay extra to get somebody official to serve papers for me if I couldn't get it done on my own.

The same standard is used for serving lawsuits and motions on parties in Federal court. You just mail a copy to them and then attach a "Certificate of Service" to your motion when you file it that declares under penalty of perjury that you mailed them a copy.

Have you tried NOT BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW, NIGGER????

For my local courts, you have to get the little receipt from certified mail to do that, or you or your agent has to have served it in person.

I was 19 and I stole alot of money from a banking network. Cut me some slack, faggot. All I want to do is head out to the gun range and blow shit up.

Is this as hilarious when it happens as it sounds?

It was amusing, especially considering I was carding and doing account takeovers full time when it happened. I ended up getting arrested 700 miles from home a year later. My life was much more interesting back then...

>carding
ffs man

lol

I ended up getting away with all that. I got pinched for hacking directly into their ATM networks a little while later.

t. Jamal

>Took some money from a banking network.
Nigger you stole an ATM who do you think you're fooling?

theyll most likely agree to a settlement without jurors. they just do it for legal purposes. youll still get paid for your time, most likely two days if its a simple case like a car accident.
you cant really get out of jury duty, they you free transportation and interpreters.
however, i had fun just being there, i enjoyed dressing formal.

If you don't get picked for voir dire, your day will probably play out like this:
>sit down in a large room
>guy running show runs through the introductory motions
>random people get selected
>puts on a Bruce Willis movie from the 90's and walks away for a few hours
>thumb your way through years old magazines about nothing
>attempt to use those ancient, ultra locked down computers running IE6
>try to entertain yourself for a few hours
Staving off the boredom is surprisingly difficult. You really have to pack yourself some real entertainment and possibly a snack.
If they don't have a second selection:
>afternoon rolls around
>guy walks back in with papers
>calls your name and hands you your cert
>you're free to go
Keep in mind that the duty laws are all sorts of screwy in clapistan, if you read the notice itself it says you're cleared for:
>7 years from city duty
>4 years state
>2 years federal
Then you have half a day to do whatever you want once you escape whatever shithole the courthouse is located.

No
Yes
Yes

I've been summoned three times, only to be informed upon showing up at the courthouse each time at 8AM on Monday for jury selection that a plea bargain was reached over the weekend.

3 times in 18 months. I was kind of pissed because I had to take those days off of work and didn't get paid. And I've never set foot in a courtroom, so I was kind of curious about the whole process.

Installed malware to exploit a bug and empty the ATMs would probably be more accurate.

Good man. But by the time you're not a minor anymore you're supposed to know to not do things like that.

>had to take those days off of work and didn't get paid.
Jury duty sucks. Even when you do it you get paid very little. It's a joke. 40 dollars a day. A "day" can last 10 hours or 3.

It was easy money, until it wasn't.

Malware's a funny name for a crowbar

Most employers will give you paid time off for jury duty if you're full time.

its usually a waste of your time since chances are you wont get selected

but go, because everybody needs redpilled jurors. imagine if you were on trial for self defense in your house against a home invader in a cuck state like california where you might be facing manslaughter. you would want a fellow Sup Forumslack on the jury to help save you, right?

also, arent you tired of wild dindus being set free and acquitted of crimes because of liberal juries? fucking lock those criminals up

go to jury duty its as important as voting, and you get paid for it by law.

you taking the piss m8?

No it fucking sucks. I went awhile ago and the case I got picked for was for an inmate that spit on a correctional officer. It went on for like three days and finally at the end we learned the fag had like 5 life sentences on murder charges so it didn't matter at all what we did. 8t was just a fucking waste of money and time. Dude probably did it so he could get out of prison for a few hours and look at the female jurors.

kek. Anyone see the Breaking Bad episode about the ATM?

Well for instance I have friends that have been making easy money selling drugs for years, but only the most helpless and depraved had to do anything more than rehab. For the most part that's just nigger-level shit.

Emptying an ATMs you have to expect to get reamed for. That was like when "anonymous" started going after the CIA, banks, and intelligence contractors. You knew at that point they were or were about to be turned informants.

Yes to all.

Ive got a second question:

>What are the odds that I get to prosecute a cool notorious serial killer?

Must be nice. My employer is a jew like cheap cocksucker. Has 75 cents off the first dollar he ever made.

>did it so he could get out of prison for a few hours

Can confirm. They do this all the time. It's called "going on vacation." Guys do it just to break up their time.

>Wanting criminals to judge criminals
hmm I wonder why.

Emu woman is art.

Sentencing, beyond a recommendation, is usually out of the hands of the Jury and in the hands of the Judge

no, that wont work. they want anti white jurors

Wait hold on, you can be removed from a jury if you make the defense lawyers look stupid? How is that in anyway fair? Its not on the jury to be succesively replaced until the lawyers feelings arent hurt by making them look incompetent, its on the lawyers to git gud.

same situation here. my date is late next month and could potentially be fine given that timing, but not if it's a bigger case and goes longer. then i'd legitimately have an issue with missing work.

wouldn't that be a good enough way to get dismissed? tell them i'd do it as long as it's a short ordeal? i'm in a small town and a business owner, and really wouldn't want to get labeled a racist.

Sorry, had a quick bat to our native BLACKED.
You're not my m8, cunt.

Drugs are the worst way to make money illegally. If I took all the money I stole and bought cocaine with it and goy caught with that same cocaine, I would have been facing a 10 year mandatory minimum. This is even more absurd when you consider that on that cocaine, my profit margin would only be 10-30%, not the 95% profit I saw in hacking.

White collar is the way to go, if you have to do it. Just be sure to work alone and cover your ass.

this meme is always joked about but harder to pull off than it sounds. judges hear this shit all the time and expect people to weasel out of jury duty. if you have the wrong judge when you pull this, expect him to grill you and maybe even throw a bullshit charge at you for trying to get out of duty

>making easy money selling drugs for years
I know a kid 22, one of the bigger weed dealers in town. Makes 15k a month. Lives comfy but not flashy. A little jelly but one day............

try the "I believe in the concept of jury nullification, is that a problem?" route

I don't know what your respective profits were, but I'm just saying they didn't make it into the local news and then into prison until after they'd been at it for a long time and started getting into robbery, breaking and entering, assault with a deadly weapon, etc.

Obviously you wouldn't want to be a dealer who also uses. That's one of the rules for the underground Mexican distribution networks is you go in, you don't use what you sell, you make good money, and you get out.

i don't want to make this thread about me, but my thing is i'd prefer to be honest. i want to serve my duty, i really do. but i could prove to a judge or attorney pretty easily that a prolonged thing would be devastating, and i couldn't ignore that as a juror. i think this will work, but thanks user

Just act "strange". Works every time and nothing a judge can do about it.
Pick your nose.
clear your throat frequently. Blink rapidly.
Be subtle.
Besides a judge doesn't "pick" jurors, the prosecutor and defense lawyers do.

The court I have to go to is in Comton

Im going to get jumped by blacks, arent I?

The judge doesn't decide who gets tossed from the jury pool. The attorneys each select people to kick off.

The judge won't care that it has a negative effect on your business. If you're worried about being called a racist, then just wear shitty clothes and act really stupid. All you need to do is give one if the attorneys a reason to want you gone.

The sentences for drug crimes are too stiff and the lifestyle is horrible. I'd rather do something low risk with a much higher return.

>wear shitty clothes and act really stupid.
Get a swastika tat.

It happens, especially the smaller your city is. I didn't pay a car registration ticket and 3 months later a cop was at my door and said "we're going to the courthouse, you're paying the fine or going to jail", put me in handcuffs and drove me to the courthouse.

$650 bucks later I catch a taxi home. So yeah, they'll fucking come.

I would say proper white collar crime would be to join the industry and wear a white collar every day.

A while back there was one of those tech conferences in Vegas and some kid demonstrated how you could hack implanted medical devices remotely and cause ATMs to empty remotely. He wound up dead shortly afterward.

Some people take things a lot more seriously when it's an outsider threatening an insider's club.

This. Lawyers fucking hate it whenever it's brought up. They'll be ready to throw you out as fast as they can.

Go to a doctor and tell him you have been randomly falling asleep during the middle of the day while doing your normal activities.

Then come trial time, you can tell them you're receiving medical treatment for narcolepsy.

If they make you sit there for a while then just take a nap.

Depends. If you've never been in court it will definitely be neat to see, but the case is likely to be boring. If you get a misdemeanor there's a slight chance the prosecutor will be a solid 6/10.

Absolutely. Trial by jury is a vital part of living in a free state, and it can't exist without people doing their duty. Moreover, you should strive to do a good, fair job no matter what sort of undesirables you're called to judge. Voting is a joke; jury duty is your only real chance to make a personal impact on society.

Yes. If you won't serve your nation, you are scum worse than a jew.

I'm going to be doing my service next week, as a matter of fact. Sadly, I will never be empaneled, but I always go ready to do it.

is there anything that says you can't just take a nap anyway?

It specifies you have to be there, not that you have to be conscious