++State of EMER GEN CEY++

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/south-dakota-repeal-ethics-law-vote.html?referer=

The majestic cock in pic is unrelated but I figured it would get some attention.

Just want to hammer home how fucked up this is:

Friendly reminder that VOTERS JUST PASSED THIS IN NOVEMBER

The bills currently being rushed through the state legislature are actually a wholesale repeal of IM-22 (the South Dakota Anti-Corruption Act) — a ballot initiative approved by South Dakota voters less than three months ago.

Here are just some of the provisions the SD GOP is using its fake state of emergency to gut:

1. Limits on lobbyist gifts to politicians. South Dakota was, and I guess will continue to be, the only state in the country that lets lobbyists give politicians gifts of unlimited value without disclosing what they are or how much they cost. SEEMS LEGIT.

2. New transparency rules that require more frequent, technologically current methods of campaign finance disclosure. If you're a South Dakota citizen or journalist who wants to know where your politicians are getting their money, you're stuck pulling pdf scans of handwritten forms from the state's shitty websites.

3. Publicly funded elections. IM-22 also created a statewide citizen funding system that provided voters with the choice to give two $50 credits to candidates who agreed to raise only small-dollar donations from within the state. The SD GOP has made the biggest deal about this provision because of the "outrageous cost" (which was capped by IM-22 at $9 per resident per year at the absolute most), and stated that the only way they would fund this system of "tax dollar welfare for politicians" was by taking the money out of the 1% increase they were considering giving the state's education budget (this despite the fact that the text of IM-22 identified several potential funding mechanisms)

(Cont.)

Other urls found in this thread:

dakotafreepress.com/projects/election-2016/ballot-measures/initiated-measure-22-anti-corruption-act/initiated-measure-22-south-dakota-government-accountability-and-anti-corruption-act/
time.com/4535798/donald-trump-congress-term-limits/
campaignfreedom.org/2016/08/25/analysis-of-the-south-dakota-government-accountability-and-anti-corruption-act-2016-initiated-measure-22/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

4. Increased penalties for actual goddamn bribery. One of the pieces of IM-22 voters were most excited about: a provision that upgraded the crime of bribing a state lawmaker from a misdemeanor to a felony. The SD GOP's repeal bill specifically goes out of its way to bump bribery back down to a misdemeanor.

5. An independent ethics commission to enforce all of the above. South Dakota is one of just a handful of states without any kind of independent ethics enforcement agency (the state GOP's position is basically "we're squeaky clean and none of this is an issue"

Crazy, right? It gets worse.

The SD GOP is using emergency powers to rush through the repeal to prevent voters from initiating a process that could "veto" their repeal bill

The SD Anti-Corruption Act was passed as ballot initiative (this means tons of people went door to door to get enough signatures to put it on the 2016 ballot, and enough South Dakota voters voted "yes" to make it law).

South Dakota has safeguards in place to stop state legislators from immediately repealing laws approved by voters. The most important one: if the legislature repeals a law that was passed by ballot initiative, voters have the opportunity to gather more signatures and put the law back to a public referendum in the next election (2018 in this case). If it passes again, it overrides the legislature / governor's repeal.

BUT. When a popular ballot initiative is killed using the "state of emergency" fast-track procedure the SD GOP is using to rush through the repeal, that's it. It's gone. No revotes — everyone has to start from scratch.

TL;DR: SD GOP is using "emergency powers" to gut an anti-corruption and bribery law passed by the voters. They're trying to do it as fast as possible so nobody notices — PLEASE try to help blow up this story nationally however you can. It'll take a national outrage close to the uproar over the national GOP's targeting of the Office of Government Ethics to stop this.

kikebook.com/RepresentUs/videos/1690825714264626/

Regardless what you think of the male Rachel Maddow, the anti-corruption act passed by the people is being shoved to the side by South Dakota by a state of emergency, this is huge news that will never be played on T.V.

Funny when an actual political discussion gets brought up... silence...

I'm still reading it

Have a bump, friendo.

How about you pick one fucking subject per thread.

How about stick to the summed up video I posted in my second post if you're unable to read a page of text.

Sup Forums will find someway to suck Trump's dick over this or pretend it's good

Id rather the discussion stay on point rather than make it about Trump.

Id just like reasoning behind this

Wont that allow us to run over leftists? No need for helicopters then

This would be for both parties. Not just leftist.

We're pro hardcore ethics reform and pro term limits. If some cuckservatives in power in a loosely populated state are being cucks, Trump supporters are the first to call them out. Just like Trump did in a tweet against H. R.'s in congress. Other than that, it could be simple 2d lib bait.

Have a bump, this needs attention.

republicans love corruption

nothing new here

That would be the establishment in both parties leaf. Don't be butthurt cause trump will actually do something about it, and then call it a lib 'cause.'

> politicians love corruption

Fixed that for you. There is scum and good people on both sides. Just look at RINOs and cuckservatives, or decent dems like Gen Flynn or Tulsi Gabbard. Trump will work with good people of any side. I think someone higher up will notice what's going on here, they have an oppertunity to slap down these clowns and look good to voters.

How can a dubbs thread get so little attention, and when it does people focus on the shittiest arguments...

Right, I half glad some R's are being shitty about this, cause the D's might bring it up in house and senate races in two years if Trump dosent have the votes yet, and we'll get some more D votes on this topic.

trump is the corruption

hes using the presidency to enrich himself and his buddies

i don't know how u retards cant see that

Bump!

Wow, a picture of 30 people when over 600 positions were filled
really gets my noggin joggin'

I am PRO trump and want this to get into the publics eye because its never talked about.

You are a moron. Plain and simple. KYS

Sioux Falls faggot here. I voted on this. How can we fuck with this on a local level?
You have my axe, bow and dragon dildo

Nobody gives a shit about you Sioux faggots and you guys need to put that damn pipeline in

NOBODY GIVES A FLYING FUCK about your connection with warren buffet.

We DONT CARE if warren loses 2 billion a year if the pipeline is constructed.
This is about ethics reform

wtf i love goldman sachs now

Full text of IM-22

dakotafreepress.com/projects/election-2016/ballot-measures/initiated-measure-22-anti-corruption-act/initiated-measure-22-south-dakota-government-accountability-and-anti-corruption-act/

Whatever, we want this passed, if not in a stronger form. Maybe you'll believe the Time mag rag, as leftists are famous for believing selective 'sources.' time.com/4535798/donald-trump-congress-term-limits/

Man I swear. There is no coherence on this board unless its simply trolling. You guys are dicks. Half of you fuckers don't even care; you use this as your jewbook to feel intellectually superior. This is govt abuse of power plain and simple. You cannot justify it.

>conservatives
>having principles

pick 1

Nah I made a mistake and thought he said Tribe instead of Falls, and tried to derail my thread by bringing up DAPL

I apologize I thought you said Tribe, not falls.

Muh memes
This shit is directly attacking the quality of discussion in a global sense. Nobody can discuss anything. They simply step to the edge of their echo chambers and the mental limits imposed by them and scream memes at one another. We should have never started memeing. Social media created the arbitrary limits. And just like everyone wants to be famous everyone wants to meme the hardest and be the most savage. Fuck that.

These govt fucks are trying to undo the will of the people because their cushy jobs are no longer money trees and they'll actually have to work. Its cut and dry, plain and simple fucked up.

When and where have we tried on this thread? We want to bang some heads together. If he doesn't have the votes yet, Fucking Please tell libtards to run on it in 18'. We might get some good use out of you then.

No harm done man. I was wondering wtf you were going on about lulz.
Not a prairie nigger I promise you.
So wtf are our options on this? I moved here to get away from more shitty corruption a few years ago. I spotted your thread yesterday but it slid before I could reply.

When did John Oliver become a banker Jew?

conservatives love being cucked by politicians and elites tho.

conservatives literally elected a billionaire globalist elite

I don't think there is much you can do if you don't have connections already

Its just something that needs to be discussed and put into the spotlight, Trump acts on shit people talk about, and this was something he was adamant about in his campaign.

It's more technical stuff. You'll always attract smaller crowds with the legislative technical shit.

How come CNN isn't all up in arms about this? You'd think they'd jump at the chance to rip on conservatives.

Democrats don't want term limits or lobbying rules after you've been a politician.

Neither do Cuckservatives.

Smooth creamy thighs

Bump for good thread about shifty politicians. Take em all down.

Figure out how to stop it and tell us what we need to do

This.

This is the last time im making a thread about it

power is in meme hands now, if the memes get big enough it could reach the president.

It's a bullshit law designed to turn a Democratic republic vote into a popular vote with two $50 "democracy credits" given to every citizen.

The state, of course, will keep a record of their donations. So the candidate you support is on file.

And they simultaneously want to decrease PAC donations from $10K to $2K meaning that employers won't have any extra say despite paying astronomically more taxes.

Fuck this law. I'd declare a state of emergency too.

I like the lobbying limits and the ethics audit (not monitoring), the rest needs to go.

So in other words this is the epitome of a false morality law designed to implicitly destroy anyone who opposes it, that will result in immoral consequence?

We should be careful about falling for the name of a piece of legislation.

campaignfreedom.org/2016/08/25/analysis-of-the-south-dakota-government-accountability-and-anti-corruption-act-2016-initiated-measure-22/

I suppose I'll print this shit out and hand it to loads of fuckers at the arena and roller dollz bouts.
That should hit the normies.
Fuck it I'll drop 50 bucks at the copy shop.

Bump pal, good luck.

"Even speech that is objectively nonpartisan, such as a neutral voter guide or a legislative advocacy communication asking the public to contact their elected representatives about an official matter, would require the sponsors to affirmatively declare that they either support or oppose the candidates mentioned in the communication, if the communication is made within the pre- and post-election time windows." Weird...

Bump

Why did it take so long for yall to pop up?

Thanks for bringing another perspective, and a damn good one.

"Initiated Measure 22 would enact expansive new disclaimer, reporting, and compelled speech requirements for anyone – even an individual – who spends even a minimal amount communicating about issues of public concern. These burdensome requirements include extensive government reporting requirements of private donor information. They would result in public exposure of an organization’s donors if the group engages in this type of speech. Such a requirement would deter and punish the exercise of First Amendment rights."

WTF is this!? "The Democracy Credit Program" may impose an unattractive fundraising straightjacket on participating candidates, and is also written ambiguously."

"Initiated Measure 22 would also create a “South Dakota Democracy Credit Program,” which purports to provide two $50 vouchers to all South Dakotans to then give to certain eligible candidates for state office.[25] CCP expresses no view here on the general concept of a voter-directed voucher system for financing candidates’ campaigns, other than to note that the fundraising straightjacket the proposed Democracy Credit Program would impose on participating candidates may make the program an unattractive option for financing campaigns.
In order to be eligible to receive voters’ assigned Democracy Credits, candidates would be required to limit their fundraising to $250 per contributor for legislative candidates and $500 per contributor for statewide candidates.[26] It is not at all clear from the measure whether these contribution limits are lifetime limits, election cycle limits (i.e., one combined limit applies for the primary and general elections), per-election limits (i.e., separate limits apply to the primary and general elections), or per-calendar year limits.[27]"

Says the baby killing fag enabler.

Your only principles revolve around destroying traditional values. Go fuck yourself, leaf.

It's turning free speech into 'democracy credits'...which is weird because the left says donations aren't free speech. Evidently they're 'credits'. Not that we shouldn't have reasonable guidelines like say, maybe the Saudi's and other foreigners can't donate to a presidential campaign

Give people more than 2 minutes to read and respond faggot.

Barron Trump, I love that fucking kid. I've never seen a more memetastic kid ever except maybe that kid who washed up on the beach. But literally every Barron does is fucking hilarious. Love that kid and in a laughing with him not at him like a faggoty liberal way.

Actual text from initiative measure 22 "On the first business day in January of every even-numbered year, the ethics commission shall mail to each person who was by the previous December first registered to vote in the state, to voter’s address in the voter registration records, two democracy credits valued at fifty dollars each, accompanied by instructions for the assignment of democracy credits and information about the Program . . . Thereafter, the commission shall on the first and eleventh business day of every month in that election year issue two democracy credits valued at fifty dollars each to any person not yet issued democracy credits in that election year who becomes a registered voter in the state after the previous December first and before October first of the election year.[34]"

Yea I know my bad lol

Well the whole measure just got shit on by the user who exposed democracy credits.

Good shit senpai

When the libs do it people like you shill hard to convince people it's a good thing and that limits on government authority and power are bad and get in the way.

So you will have to be understanding if there is a part of us that wants to tell you to go fuck yourself and to deal with it.

Is there a way to find out who exactly is behind creating this law and shilling for it?

Because that would allow us to attack those few and isolate them from the rest of the parties while destroying them the moment the story gets more clicks.

If the Democratic party supported my platform, I might give a shit but since they turned me away and I still won, fuck them.