Please justify this stupid wall

What is the point of spending tens of billions of dollars of taxpayer money to build a Mexico border wall when (1) illegal immigration from Mexico is declining and has declined to its lowest point in years, and (2) illegal immigration primarily results not from illegal border crossing but LEGAL border crossing ie tourism and work visas.

A wall would need not only pay for itself, but also pay for the opportunity cost of using that money and labor to build it rather than on something else. And that cost is based only on the amount of illegal immigration is stops from the point it is built--the current population of illegal immigrants and cost associated with them is irrelevant.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CUcNM7OsdsY?t=18
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

10% of our population is illegal dwarf Browns getteing gibs

>What is the point of spending tens of billions of dollars of taxpayer money to build a Mexico border wall
well, it wont hurt the U.S cause Mexico will be paying for it.

>illegal immigration from Mexico is declining and has declined to its lowest point in years
Yes, do you really think it will stay this low once the 11million have to go back to Mexico?

>illegal immigration primarily results not from illegal border crossing but LEGAL border crossing ie tourism and work visas.
No, majority are from crossing the border illegaly. I think it's 60-80% of the spics that do it cross the border illegaly. I might be wrong, if I am gib sauce

It pays off on the long run when you don't need to pay welfare to more immigrant humant trash. Also it gives us legal reason to arrest, imprison and deport shit people. Trus me, a little fence like ours worked wonders for us.

the funniest thing is that even if the whole tariff plan works 100% and Mexico can't export shit to the US, it's still taxpayers who will cover the cost because the US isn't making any money from Mexico with their business going elsewhere

Americans are going to foot the bill for a wall that isn't going to accomplish anything and they'll get on their knees and beg for more punishment from big daddy Trump

We need something to keep you out after you're deported, Paco.

making Mexico "pay for it" wasn't literal, it meant that Trump will make Mexico suffer i.e. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!!!!"

The question is, which choice will damage mexico less:
a) losing all the jobs and income that US firms provide, lasting of at least 4 years if not 8 or more
OR
b)one time payment for trump's wall?

American foreign aid to mexico and illegals sending money over the border will be more expensive than any wall in the long term.

Because it looks cool.

/thread

but that's the wrong question. damaging Mexico and hurting it economically is just going to encourage more Mexicans to leave the country and come to the US.
The half of Sup Forums desperately hoping the wall and tariff utterly destroy Mexico are hoping for a mini-Syria right next to the US border that will pump out pissed off Mexicans fleeing their failure of a country towards Texas and Arizona

Miami

>but that's the wrong question. damaging Mexico and hurting it economically is just going to encourage more Mexicans to leave the country and come to the US.
Good thing we have a wall then to keep them out.

shame about the miles of drug smuggling tunnels, hundreds of trucks bringing people in daily, and all of the fishing boats with immigrants on them.
The amount of retards trying to cross the Arizona desert is minuscule, enjoy your $25 billion fence keeping coyotes out

>well, it wont hurt the U.S cause Mexico will be paying for it.
Lol
>Yes, do you really think it will stay this low once the 11million have to go back to Mexico?
That ain't happening

>No, majority are from crossing the border illegaly. I think it's 60-80% of the spics that do it cross the border illegaly. I might be wrong, if I am gib sauce
I love how you even say how you have no idea what you are arguing about in your argument.

I'm am being baited here? This is hilarious.

>illegal immigration from Mexico is declining and has declined to its lowest point in years
No shit, because the illegals are coming from even poorer Central American countries like El Salvador and Nicaragua.

That doesn't even make sense grammatically

If mexico really is stupid enough to not to pay for the wall -which is unlikely IMO- and get crippled instead of paying for the wall, then yes, the US citizens will pay a one time fee for the wall in order to not pay more police efforts to crack down mexican gangs, druglords, and pushers, and illegal immigrants leeching on the state. Either way the US citizens win on the long run. The rest of your argument is just some emotional bullshit. No matter how bad their little "innocent" soul hurts, they won't be able to get through to wall. They will most likely try to escape to the south if thing will get so bad.

Is everday spergout of media not enough?

Why do people think a wall will stop Mexicans? A majority of them come by boat. I would know, that's how I got here lol.

>if I am gib sauce
This is a dead give away

Let's face it. People here have taken the Trump pill. They will believe what ever Trump says. If Trump pisses in their month and tells them it is for their own good. They would thank him and ask for more.

>No matter how bad their little "innocent" soul hurts, they won't be able to get through to wall. They will most likely try to escape to the south if thing will get so bad.
or they pay an American trucker $200 to ride in the back with his cattle like they do today

It is not just relative to other countries and it's not just Mexicans. The raw amount of illegal immigrants going through the Mexican border has decreased.

Illegal immigration undercuts the market making minimum wage not actually the minimum wage and turning minimum wage into a barrier of entry. Legal residents cant work for less than the minimum wage because it's to easy to trace but undocumented immigrants ARE undocumented which means there's no paper trail so you can get away with paying them less than minimum wage.

So unless America abolished the minimum wage (which would be great and would raise wages) then we need to makes sure only people paying into policies receive those policies.

I was thinking that but man there are some real geniuses on this board. Hell, a majority of them think trump being president is good.

Why is it easy for Illegals to work at that price? What makes them so magical?

Because fuck Mexicans and their fucking sombreros.

>one time fee
Except the numerous fees associated with the constant maintenance of such a wall. And none of those things you mentioned will stop.

Since when can cattle phase through walls?
youtu.be/CUcNM7OsdsY?t=18

There is nothing stopping someone who wants to pick fruits for less than minimum wage from doing it. If you hate the fact that Mexicans will work for less than minimum wage, you're going to love the robot that will work for even less while being 100x as productive.

closed cattle trucks that aren't inspected because the driver is white and crosses that route five times a week retard.

If all you can base things off of is scenes from popular movies, the ones you're looking for is the opening to Men in Black

It's gonna be great.

You know it, I know it, we all know it.

The best part is he's requisitioning the property of the Muslims who were not allowed Back in on their green cards, and using it to finance the wall.

implying thats how millions of immigrants cross,
most make it simply because the boarder is weak
if some can get in with cattle and what not, let em how many will that be some 10k at most? at most.
and what then? no sanctuary cities, no support from any businesses unless done illegally. its just not gonna be worth it to illegally immigrate even if you make it

>justification
If it wasn't going to work, and work splendidly, then leftists and illegals wouldn't complain about it so much.

Checkmate, fake news.

Ok, have it your way:
Since when can the truck go through walls?
Or are you stupid enough to think that the wall is going to be built just so they can let the garbage in though the crossing posts? Oh yea, leaf, yes you are that stupid. Let me tell you how it works. If someone has a problem with borders to the extent that he wants to build a wall on it then he usually makes sure that the thing he wants to keep out stays out. To normal people it's evident. So the logical conclusion, in case you are too retarded to make conclusions, is that they are and will implement stricter rules, laws and inspections.

And they say US public education suck... sheesh.

>I took econ in highschool look how smart I am
Fuck off dude

>if some can get in with cattle and what not, let em how many will that be some 10k at most? at most.
don't forget the drug smuggling tunnels, coming by boat, and the majority of illegals who enter legally and overstay their visas. When you start saying "well sure there's this exception but it can't be that many people" you have to realize the vast majority of immigrants would enter from ways exempted from the wall.
>and what then? no sanctuary cities, no support from any businesses unless done illegally. its just not gonna be worth it to illegally immigrate even if you make it
The sanctuary city order is going to get struck down as unconstitutional instantly because it's the federal government taking sovereignty from the state and local governments. Ironically all of the conservatives on the court will be the ones most against it because it's almost exactly the same rational behind overturning the DC handgun ban. And so far all of them work no problem with businesses hiring them illegally so that's definitely not a problem

I used to live in Arizona. If you're white, they literally wave you in. Do you think the border patrol stops every single vehicle and personally inspect it? Traffic would come to to a standstill.

No, they only stop and inspect suspicious vehicles like pickups with 14 members of Pablo's family riding in the back. If you're an American citizen on business the border patrol isn't wasting their time wading through cow shit in the back of a truck trying to see if anyone is hiding there

The Wall will include a crackdown on smuggling too genius.

Leftists are just pissed their Heroin and Coke is going to cost more after a wall is built.

how? More border patrol officers? Longer hours? more intensive searches?

because that means the cost is going to be a lot more that $25 billion, and it means average Americans are going to have to undergo TSA-tier inspections which will turn them off of it very quickly

This
Captcha: construction vehicles

Well I talked to trump and he says that the traffic will stop if it has to otherwise there is not much sense in making walls or trying rid the nation of leeches and cancer.

>and it means average Americans are going to have to undergo TSA-tier inspections which will turn them off of it very quickly
>he seriously thinks the average American regularly crosses the border into Mexico

You know Mexico is paying for it right?

To me it seems like the idiots like this big visual symbol to their hatred for immigrants.

The others are happy to get the steady construction work.

The only pragmatic part is that it makes land based smuggling harder, but this will lead to even more expensive to police sea-based smuggling.

Because fuck you that's why.

the great irony of all this is that by crashing the mexican economy trump is gunna increase illegal immigration dramatically

Again nigger, I lived in Arizona. Plenty do. Spring breakers and 18 year olds going for alcohol alone is a huge group, plus all of the trucks carrying products back and forth.

You want to inspect a million trucks one by one each year? Open each crate and check them individually?
There's a reason it's so easy to immigrate in the US and it has nothing to do with crossing the desert for 4 days, it's purely to do with the massive amount of truck and trailer traffic going into the country each day

ISIS is passing through and people from all countries without counting all the hundreds of billions leaving the USA

You're welcome

Aren't the rednecks right wings the one that do drugs the most? Liberals are just the "dude weed lmao" type of people

Net immigration doesn't matter as much as the quality of people moving to the US

>there's other means of crossing besides the US-Mexico border
>this means the border should be given up
404 logic not found